New Moon Articles by Tracy
SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
LIBRA NEW MOON 2010 –
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is when the moon is between the sun and the earth and the illuminated part of the moon is very small. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a small, skinny section of moon.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the different phases of the moon for eons, Astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days. .
Okay what is this cycle about? Relationships, baby! Can you fix the ones you got? Can others treat you the way you need to be treated? How is your world out of whack? Like a high wire artist, get out there and walk but keep your balance!
October 7 , 2010
14 Libra 24
Sabian Symbol: An odd looking collection of machinery parts lie together; all are new and ready for use, and all are circular.
I am happy to say that this Lunar cycle is not nearly as crammed with harsh aspects as previous moons. However the work in front of us is of paramount importance. It might not be complicated but it cuts to our bone much deeper. This month we are being pulled to get our relationships together!
“Hasta luego, Pluto—Hola, Saturn”
First of all let’s thank our lucky stars that this new moon is taking place at 15 degrees of Libra which is a full glorious 13 degrees AWAY from Pluto in Capricorn. Yeah!!! After our long, hot summer where we experienced tensions, it is nice that the Sun and Moon are not doing battle with Pluto on this lunar phase.
As we all know --and I’m not going to belabor this because I have talked about it ad nauseam all summer ---Libra is the sign of relationships and partnerships. Libra energy is focused on finding the happy medium. It is striving to find the “grey” when everyone else is screaming “black” or “white”. It is the sign of negotiations and contracts. If you check your lunar chart and find the house with Libra you will find the need for balance and compromise. Of course, when Libra is coming from an evolved place it can be a masterful negotiator. It is the best lawyer working to make a good contract for everyone. It is the greatest counselor in the world, listening to everyone’s side and drawing a smart plan that makes sure everyone is happy. Who doesn’t love a little Libra in their chart? But of course every sign has its character defects and when Libra is being bad and yes, I’m using that word—it is lazy, duplicitous and unwilling to put its ass out on the line. Additionally, it can hold up a cardboard cutout of itself and claim, “Hey that is me, it really is!” but of course at the end of the night Libra has to go to bed wondering if his fake side is over powering his real side? And at what cost?
We are in a unique period because once every 28 years Saturn transits Libra. And believe me when Saturn goes through a sign it will find every weakness, flaw, character defect and take it out in the backyard and shoot it. Between 2009 (for a bit) and 2012 Saturn will go through our relationships, our partnerships, the way that we seek balance and it will beat us down until we get it right. As I indicated in previous new moon articles, Saturn and Pluto were assaulting each other all summer. And just to remind you, Pluto in Capricorn has been trashing the world economies. The Recession borderline Depression has been impacting the world since Pluto moved into Cap in the fall of 2008. But this summer those IMPACTS came close to home as our relationships really paid the price.
Of course, what was really happening under all this tension? The price we pay for “business doing business” was almost untenable for couples, marriages, partnerships and relationships in general. How are partners doing business? How are relationships doing business? How long is the work day? Where do you work in comparison to where do you live? Who is being fake? Who is gone from the house all day and how is that working for your relationship? Who is without a partner and feels desperately alone as they find their place in the world? This summer we had to work through these tensions. The good news is that ever since late August, Saturn has moved far enough from Pluto that we aren’t getting as beaten up. The bad news is that the square between the two of them left fissures and cracks in our relationships and it is going to take all of Saturn’s energy (through 2012) to fix them. And as much as we just want to sit off to the side and lick our wounds—this is not the lunar cycle where we get to relax.
Coincidentally, (as if I believed in those) this Libra Lunar cycle has Saturn right on top of the Sun and the Moon. Saturn will be influencing the whole 28 day cycle. It is almost as if Saturn is saying, “Okay, now that we have gotten the hell away from Pluto it is time for us to clean up this mess. And I mean business!” For the next 28 days watch what comes up in your partnerships and your relationships. And not just the person you kiss at night, all relationships. The person who washes your car every month, the person who helps you clean your house, the person who is your business partner or even the person you rely upon all the time for something---see if you experience any fissures or cracks in those relationships. And if you are NOT in relationship with anyone (although I find that hard to believe) then ask yourself “what concrete actions do I have to take to get a real partner in my life?” I am going to tell you right now that if you don’t think you are up for that energy this cycle, okay---but don’t kid yourself that you can look the other way and it will get fixed on its own. Nope. That is not the way Saturn works. It demands that we take responsibility for our life with all its perks and deficits. So, you might as well take the dynamic energy of a Sun/Moon Conjunct Saturn in Libra to get your relationships in order. Of course, don’t panic if it is not in tip top shape by the time of Scorpio New Moon in November. We have until 2012 to work with Saturn in Libra, it is just nice to get a little push with this one Libra New moon per year.
Now one thing that is very curious is that Venus which is Libra’s ruling planet is turning retrograde less than 24 hours into the new moon at 3:05am October 8. Venus is the planet of creativity, resources and values. Of course since we value both Love and Money then they also fall under Venus’ jurisdiction. Does it not strike a loud note in you that we are in the midst of overhauling our relationships and the way we do partnerships and the way we negotiate our way through life and here is Venus the planet of values turning retrograde? Perhaps this will be the exact energy many of us need to readjust our lives to fit our ‘real’ selves. But it will not be without a moment or two of some inner reflection.
Venus will make the big turnaround at 14 degrees of Scorpio. So, the values that first get churned up will be Scorpio which is sex, death and rebirth, evolution, loans, big money and power. Between October 8 and November 7 watch and see if those (Scorpio) issues get your attention. Then between November 7 and November 18 we will be churned up even more about our relationships and how we balance ourselves and how we relate to our partner. Do we have to hide ourselves in order for our partner to be who he or she is? Or do they hide in the background while we express who we are? Do we really work in unison? Is there an area of our relationship that is fake? And how did the stuff that got churned up between October 8 and November 7 impact us so much that we are really looking at our partner or relationships and thinking, “Holy shit I have got to make some changes.” Then on November 18 Venus will turn direct and we will feel relief. By then, all the work we did for the last six weeks will finally start to make sense. First by having us adjust our way of ‘partnering’ and then between November 29 and January 8 by having us fix our sex, death & rebirth, evolution loans, big money and power again. Do you see how it is all one big circle? And all of it happening on the Libra lunar cycle. It is reminds me of algebra class Relationship squared plus Relationship Squared.
Mercury in the mix
In addition to big ol’ Saturn influencing the Sun and Moon on this lunar cycle he is also influencing Mercury. The four of them are all hanging out together between seven and fourteen degrees of Libra. This is of course interesting, since the answer to all our relationship issues—is better communication. God, knows you can turn on any afternoon talk show and someone is espousing it, but besides the tall doctor from Texas getting up everyone’s grill with –“Cawmunicashion, People”. It is really about effective communication than just talking . And this will be in our favor this month. Saturn will be riding Mercury hard. Our thoughts and tongues can be harsh, and brittle but at the same time we will want to make sure we mean what we say. Light and shallow will not be appealing no matter how much we are being asked to show up and provide background chatter at cocktail parties and events. What we will really gravitate towards will be conversations that have concrete results. Someone mentions that they need _____ and you recall your friend saying they have an extra ____. Next thing you know you are taking down someone’s email and forwarding it to someone else. Being productive is key to Saturn. And at this time with relationships being so highlighted ---if we are doing too much work we will probably be very effective in voicing our resentments. Or worse, we are no longer resentful, we just want out. But of course before you do any move, breathe a bit and see if you can get someone else to help you as you try to figure out what is really being said and what is really helpful. Can a friend step in and help you like a partner as you balance out everything? Can you get some feedback from a colleague at work? Just remember if you shoot off your mouth you better be prepared to ‘walk the talk.’ Saturn is looking.
I have written before about Supermoons which were researched greatly by Richard Nolle. These are moons where the Moon is closest to Earth (perigee) and syzgy (meaning either conjunct the sun or opposite the sun). Nolle’s research indicates that there is greater opportunity for earthquakes since the gravitational pull is extreme on our tectonic plates as well as oceans. All of this is to say that even for a Libra New Moon which is more mental than emotional we could find ourselves being stretched a wee bit more than is comfortable.
After the summer of angst we are beginning to feel the tension pull back. But now we need to focus on the people that mean the most to us and how we can better those and other relationships. This does not mean we are a martyr and let the needs of other override our needs. No way, we need to peck at our shadow and say, “wake up, it is our time too.”
Peck peck peck.
New Moon Phase
October 7 2:44pm EDT
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: How do you find your balance? What are your partnerships telling you about them? What are they telling you about YOU? How do you find your equilibrium? What are you negotiating? Where are you in the middle? Where do you want others to pick up the slack? Where do you need to pick up the slack?
10/8 Mercury/Saturn: dark, deep, thoughts. Not trusting or the opposite thoughts about taking a leap of faith.
10/8 Venus Retrograde (see above) 3:05am
Crescent Moon Phase
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: How are you goals? How do they impact your relationships? Is your partner on the same page as you? Are you struggling to be heard? What about your partner? What information is coming your way that sets you and your partnerships on track for expansion? Is someone or something ‘foreign’ coming into your life and benefiting you? Or is it overwhelming you?
10/13: (5:57am) Moon/Pluto—once a month we get a day that is rife with transformations and our explosive personalities. Watch the tension this day.
First Quarter Moon
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take now push you to a new level? What actions can you take now that move your relationship to a higher plane? What partnerships are you forming that improve your place in society? How does big business and government play a part in your plans from New Moon? How do they play in a part in your relationship? Why does it feel like it is business versus relationship and how can you find a way to make them co-exist?
10/14: Sun/Mercury: our brains are sharp along with our tongues. We pick up on something from our partners that is clarifying.
October 18 8:09pm
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
Focus on: Do your relationships feel like they are going through a karmic doorway? Does it feel like you are dealing with stuff that is ‘unworldy’? How do you connect to Spirit in a daily way? What information are you receiving that is subtle but at the same time feels important about your partnerships? How are you processing it? What is going on with your dreams at night?
10/18: Mercury/Neptune: Psychic vibes, dreamy thoughts, creative but can be a bit fuzzy.
10/19: Sun/Neptune: Intuitive, spiritual, ephemeral, soft presences surround and are magnetic.
10/20 Mars/Jupiter: Actions based on big plans. Energy coming from everywhere to serve a bigger cause or picture. Anger is put to good use.
10/22: Mars/Neptune-Actions based on the unknown or fear are pronounced.
10/22 Mercury/Pluto: Smart thinking from a deep power position is favored. Two words: Mental Evolution.
Full Moon Phase
October 22 9:36pm
29 Aries 33
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Last month we had a full moon at Zero Aries and now are having out second moon in Aries of course this time at the last degree of 29. What did you learn around September 23-27 about your own power and your own drive and where YOU fit in the world and how it seems to teeter opposite to your partner or relationship? Well, you get another round of it this month with this Full Moon--- Who am I? Where do I want to go? What makes up me? What do I need to do? What is weak and how do I fix it? How is my relationship working and what is MY part in it? What adjustments do I need to take that actualize all of my energies?
For more on Full Moon Check out blog http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
10/23: Sun enters Scorpio –Really get quiet before you pick out the right gift for your Scorpio. What they need they might not be able to tell you. Rely on your gut.
10/24: Mars/Uranus: Crazy actions based on the need for change. Creativity and dynamic actions is highlighted.
10/25: Mercury/Venus: Loving and gentle thoughs, caring communication, sweetness highlighted.
10/26 Sun/Pluto: Evolution. Change deep from within are easily accessed.
Disseminating Moon Phase
October 26, 5:59pm
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus: What information are you sharing that is helpful for you immediate circle? This includes your siblings, your neighbors, co workers? How are they hearing you? And how is their information impacting you? How does it tie into any goals you put out on New Moon? How does it impact your relationships and partnerships?
10/28 Mars enters Sagittarius http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/marsinsigns_pg2.html
10/28: Sun/Venus : Love abounds, gentleness, indulgence, sex and resources (along with money) are favored.
Last Quarter Moon Phase
October 30 8:45am
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions are you feeling the need to take that give you some attention? What actions can you take that let the world know that you did some pretty big things? How can you get a round of applause that supports the goals you set on New Moon? How do you let your partner shine like a star? How does your partner let you shine like a star? Is it one of you more than the other? Is this a good thing?
11/1: Venus/Pluto. Love and sex, love of power and power of love. MONEY day.
Balsamic Moon Phase
November 2, 5:44pm
Balsamic: We release. We let go. We prune, we discard, we ditch stuff. We house clean. The things that no longer work, we let them out of our life. We release so we can clear our unconscious and dream. We prepare our unconscious to be ready for the next
Focus on We release perfection. By releasing perfection how to we help our relationships? ‘nuff said on this one.
11/4: Mercury/Jupiter: Feeling a calling? Big thoughts, big conversation, big WooWoo.
Next new moon November 6, 12:51am 13 Scorpio40
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook