New Moon Articles by Tracy
Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
Capricorn NEW MOON 2016
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? What is your highest level of efficiency? What is your highest level of being real? Is it possible you can step both up? I see you nodding your head. Great. Here’s Cap lunar cycle for you.
A Hidden Choir Is Singing During A Religious Service
Capricorn New Moon
January 9, 2015
19 Cap 13
Hello and Welcome to Capricorn New Moon!
So, we have an amazing opportunity this Capricorn New Moon to get real.
Not sort of real but really real.
First order of business: Let’s clarify ‘getting real’ from a Capricorn perspective.
Capricorn, the final earth sign of the zodiac, is about concrete results. No iffs, ands or buts. Capricorn can climb a ladder or climb a mountain and look upon his or her world and say the following:
“That thing over there is working. Great”
“That thing over there needs a tune up, I’ll bring in someone to fix it”
“That thing over there doesn’t work, I’ll get rid of it.”
“That thing over there, I do not understand. And I am not going to pretend I understand, so it gets none of my energy or brain power because I am done wasting my valuable time on it.”
By the way, “thing” can be anything from an object, to a relationship, to an emotion. And actually the thing is not that important. What is important is getting up high and putting a realistic, unsentimental eye on your world and calling the shots. That is the gift of Capricorn.
This practical energy permeates any Capricorn New Moon. But on this particular New Moon we have bonus planetary energies.
First of all, the ruling planet of Capricorn is Saturn. And Saturn is in truth seeking Sagittarius. Saturn in Sag is a passionate journalist trying to get to the truth of a story. Unfortunately, we are in the middle of the Saturn Square Neptune in Pisces cycle, which began last year and wraps this September. This is quite a cycle, especially since Neptune wilts under human truth. The truth Neptune likes is scientific truth such as people are made of DNA and oxygen and water are critical to human survival. Or Neptune likes the metaphysical truth, such as we are just spiritual beings having a human experience and when we die we rejoin the energy from what we are born. Yeah, that kind of truth Neptune loves. And that kind of truth, Saturn in Sagittarius HATES with a capital H. Saturn in Sag says, “WTF? Why is that company, CEO, neighbor, friend, spouse lying and spreading total bullshit? That’s the kind of truth Saturn in Sag is trying to wrap its head around. Not DNA or cosmic dharma. And so we are watching this battle between Neptune and Saturn play out in the world most specifically in areas of religion and politics, which really speak to Sag and Pisces. But on this Cap New Moon chart, Saturn is in conjunction with Venus. Venus in Sag values truth and is supporting Saturn to find real love and/or to love what is real. For 29 days we will be searching for what is real and true. And if it feels fake or we will walk away. We won’t walk away in anger but we will stop engaging. Remember Capricorn is very practical and doesn’t like to waste energy especially anger which is a total stupid calorie burn.
Also on the chart the Sun & Moon are in conjunction to Pluto. The last time the Cap New Moon was in a close conjunction with Pluto was Dec 2011and Jan 2012. How was that 29- day cycle? The next one was a super close conjunction in January 2014. And how did that period look for you? This one is not as tight as 2014 but it is close enough to count. And we won’t have Pluto on Cap New Moon next until 2019 and the final one on 2021. Pluto is a drill and he can hurt when he is bearing down but at the same time he sure the hell can clean up stuff and that is a gift we should capitalize on since we won’t have it on the Cap New Moon for several years.
When Capricorn is high functioning it takes nothing personal and figures out a way to come up with concrete solutions to reach a goal. Pluto may point out a lot of murky stuff but so what? You can clean it up. You can fix it. Of course, Pluto bearing down can bring out the less evolved part of Capricorn, which is as insecure as a two- legged chair. Snobby, pretentious, convinced everyone is beneath them. Or worse, un-evolved Capricorn is a total cynic and thinks only the worst of people, places and situations. With a Pluto conjunction on the Cap New Moon chart we will undoubtedly feel both the positive and negative Cap during this 29-day cycle. We can’t sugar coat anything for 29 days. It is hard to believe we will even feel sugary. But at the same time by looking at everything with a realistic eye we can come up with a real agenda that makes goals attainable. Or we will ditch them because we don’t want to waste our time. Either way we will feel a bit of liberation and relief in between the ball and chains. Yeah, Pluto is teaching us so much.
Cap New Moon is also when we look at the Treasure Maps that we made last spring and see what we have attained. We pat ourselves on the back for any of our successes. And for the goals that have not been reached, we take a moment and think about some potential solutions. We ask “Is there more I can do? “ Or we look at our commitment. Has it been 100 percent? Or we ask, “Has my fear kept me from doing the real action I need to do to get the result I want?” And sometimes we just put it on a shelf and give it to the heavens to work on. The bottom line is we have time. Our next Treasure Map does not begin until April 7, 2016 7:23am EDT so there is plenty of time for more concrete treasure map results to be realized. Use Cap to give you the energy you need to remember there is a way. And also, for the next three months you should start de-cluttering your house, your car, your purse, your desk and your world. Go through those crowded closets and boxes of stuff in your house. And don’t forget to de-clutter your emotions. Your goal is to have a clutter free life by the time we get to April 7. It might not be perfect but you sure better be heading for clutter free every week between now and then. See how much you can get out of your life!
Additionally, this New Moon the Sun/Moon are in square to Uranus. For 29 days there will be a rebellious energy in the air. Many of us will be jettisoning shackles. Commitments that no longer serve will be ditched. Patterns and routines that feel lame will be shifted. We are looking for concrete solutions but also blowing up the concrete that bugs. God knows we will see it in the news but what is more entertaining is to watch how it unfolds in our personal life. Watch what comes out of people’s mouths and watch the actions that unfold. Watch how they tear down stuff and rebuild something new out of it. Kind of reminds me of how the London Bridge was shipped brick by brick to Arizona. Are we London or are we Lake Havasu? Or are we both? Watch what comes up for 29 days and see if it triggers your rebellious or deconstructive energy while at the same time you are clearing the foundation to build something new and better.
The Sun and Moon trine Jupiter on the New Moon chart which is highly fortuitous. No surprise to anyone in astrology that there is a Powerball over 800 million dollars in the works that will be pulled about two hours after the launch of the New Moon. Jupiter expands anything it touches and with Sun/Moon in Capricorn it wants to expand the ability to build concrete solutions especially since Jupiter is in Virgo. Virgo hates things out of order. Jupiter who is not comfortable in Virgo still has a job to do and that is clearing up everyone’s schedule. Who and what we say Yes to in our calendar is a big deal. It is not some random act to commit time and energy to anything in our date book. Jupiter knows it and is pushing on us to pick and choose our time very carefully. Will it be fun? Will it expand our world? Will we learn from it? Will it serve us philosophically speaking? Will it support our faith? And even more pressing will it improve our health? Will it improve our daily hygiene? Will it improve our work? Jupiter turned retrograde only a couple days before the New Moon so all of us will be asking these questions with a new level of focus. Take these 29 days to jumpstart Jupiter retrograde. It does not wrap until May 9th. We have a lot to learn about our beloved calendar and our choices.
And then there is Sun & Moon conjunct Mercury retrograde. As we know this New Moon is born during a Mercury retrograde. The retrograde started a couple days before the new moon and will end January 25th. Our thinking will be fuzzy on days. Our communication will be a bit ‘off’. We say things to others and ruffle feathers and others say stuff to us that gets us worked up. But what is under all that strum und drang? That is the important question. Who are our peeps? Who is our circle of like-minded people? Who supports us on our highest level? Who do we support on the highest level? And what about the people in our life who don’t have the exact ideals as us? What do we do with them? Are we honest? Do we care enough to be honest? Or do we just make peace that they are what they are? What is the practical solution? And remember, dear soul please remember. If any thing gets delayed during the retrograde that is A-Okay. Consider it has been slowed down for a reason and in the meantime step up your patience. That is something we all can benefit from during the Capricorn cycle.
In conclusion, this 29 day Capricorn lunar cycle is about getting real. Who are we? What have we accomplished? What do we want to accomplish? What is real about our calendar? What is real about how we spend our day? What is real about what we love? What is real about who we love? And what is real about the love we receive? Including the love we give self. Is it real? Or is it lip service? And if you get down, seek higher ground assess what is going on, don’t beat yourself up, just dust yourself off and start over again. Take care of yourself and your real world and I will see you in Aquarius.
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
January 9, 2016
19 Cap 13
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: What is real in your life? What works? What practical solutions do you need to do to get real about stuff? Do your goals have concrete support? What is it you are building and how does it need more support? Plant seeds that support what you want and what is working.
1/8: Venus Con Saturn: Serious about love and money and adventure and truth.
1/10: Mercury semiSq: Venus. Communication and love are not in synch. A cold tongue for protection. Or shutting down brain on a lover.
1/11: Mercury semiSq Saturn. Peter Pan versus being responsible. Both look ‘off’. Where’s the middle?
1/12:Venus trine Uranus. Fun love. Playful adventure. Self comes forward and finds a playmate.
1/13: Sun semiSq Neptune. A wee bit of delusion in the air. Ego is ‘off’ for sure.
1/13: Sun trine Jupiter. Paths that expand business and work.
Crescent Moon Phase
January 13, 2016
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about your faith? What are you learning about spirituality? What is going on metaphysically? What are you learning about your intuition?
1/14: Sun con Mercury. What have we forgotten about our business self esteem? What have we forgotten about our career dreams?
1/14: Mercury trine Jupiter opportunities in thought can open us up to real practical changes that are beneficial.
First Quarter Moon
January 16, 2016
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take that propel your independence? How can you cut your own path against ‘traditional roads’? What is sparking you to move ahead? Where is your fiery nature taking you? Why do you resistant any of the above? Is that resistance serving you? Really?
1/17: Venus semisq Mars. Actions and love rub each other wrong. Creative can not be pushed. Neither can love. Get out of the way.
1/17: Venus Square Jupiter. Righteous, opinions, brash, brazen completely conflict with love, money, creativity and value. Exactly why are we on a soap box?
1/18: Mars trine Neptune: Spirit and faith support actions and movements. Clear out debris because Spirit tells us to do it.
1/18: Mars semiSq Jupiter. Watch those opinions! They are focused on the tiny miniscule and are missing the big stuff.
1/18: Sun semiSq Saturn. Everyone is a cold ass boss and even when everyone is their own employee.
January 20, 2016
2:51 am EST
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What have you missed about your siblings? What have you missed about your communication style? What have you missed about the way you make connections? Not just the ones out in the world but the ones in your brain? What is going on with the words you choose?
1/20: Sun enters Aquarius
1/20: Mercury Sq Uranus. Radical thoughts want to undermine the status quo. “I’ll show them” can be fun….or a complete waste of time and focus. Your choice.
1/22: Mercury conj. Pluto. Focused thinking and communication. Laser thoughts. Penetrating ideas. Solutions that promote evolution are thought up.
1/23: Venus enters Capricorn
Full Moon Phase
January 23, 2016
3 Leo 29
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Full Moon in Leo. Where do you need strength and courage? Where do you need to have a monster back bone? Where do you need to shine like a star? Is it practical any more for you to be shy and hide? Go to blog for more details on Leo Full Moon closer to the date.
1/25: Mercury turns direct 4:49pm (EST)…pardon me while I kiss the ground in gratitude. (see above)
January 27, 2016
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are sharing your organizational skills? How are you showing your ability to find details? How are you sharing your daily habits? How are you sharing what works with your diet and health care?
1/29: Mercury conj Pluto. Here we are again. Focused thinking and communication. Laser thoughts. Penetrating ideas. Solutions that promote evolution are thought up.
Last Quarter Moon Phase
January 31, 2016
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions are you taking that take care of your debts? How about taxes? What actions can you take that support joint finances? What actions can you take that support your sex life? How can you support your life by cutting out stuff and getting rid of stuff? What grudge no longer serves you? Drop it.
2/3: Mars sext. Pluto. Actions with purpose. Action that go deep and bring out new.
2/3: Sun sext. Saturn. Inspiration and discipline support new opportunities. And new opportunities support inspiration & discipline.
Balsamic Moon Phase
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our ‘loudness’. We release our blow hard. We release our righteousness. We release our racism. We release our big opinions that do nothing for us or others.
2/5: Venus conj Pluto. Intense values. Evolution of values. Love of metamorphosis. Shedding brings love, money, creativity.
2/6: Mercury trine Jupiter. Thoughts expand and bridges are created. New and improved thinking.
2/6: Venus Square Uranus. Disruptions in love and money. Quick actions disturb the contented.
2/7: Sun square Mars: Love, Money at conflict to rash actions. Take a breathe…
2/7: Venus sext Mars: Love and Joy, creativity is in synch with actions and drive.
2/8: Mercury semiSq Neptune: Fuzzy thinking. Not exactly accurate conversation.
Aquarius New Moon February 8, 2016 9:38a (19 Aqu 15)
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook