New Moon Articles by Tracy
Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
LEO NEW MOON 2012
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 28 day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, Astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? Are you alive? Or are you just sleep walking? No matter what you think it is time to stop everything and follow your heart. Your brain has been in charge for a long time, now put the heart in the driver’s seat.
LEO NEW MOON
New Moon Phase
August 17 11:54am
Leo 26. A rainbow. Keywords: hope, good news, spectacle, to pass a difficult situation
LEO NEW MOON
New Moon Phase
August 17 11:54am
LEO NEW MOON
As we plod through this hot summer (perhaps the hottest on record) and more importantly as we plod through the first tense wave of Uranus and Pluto-- we are all feeling burnt. No kidding.
And now that we have worked our way through a 28 day cycle of emotions with all its ebbs and flows (thank you, Cancer lunar cycle) we are ready for something different. Something hugely different. Enter Leo stage right.
Leo the lion is brave and strong and will put himself out there. Hear him roar and you know he is in the house. My husband has Leo Rising and no one misses his entrance when he returns from work. Leos can be the center of attention and suck up a lot of the oxygen in the room. Sure, they can. How we react depends on what is going on inside of them. If they are feeling strong and self-confident they can lead anyone into any place. We trust them. We enjoy their boldness. But if they are insecure and lacking self-esteem—well, that is when their ego can be absolutely nuts. An insecure Leo can be as rigid as a board. They can demand this from that person and then more from another person and creating nothing but drama and absolutely convince themselves that people are betraying them everywhere including the most innocent circumstances. And an insecure Leo is always suspicious that everyone is jealous of them. Sigh.
But what is more important and speaks to this cycle is the other Leo. The one who is connected to something higher and knows there is a life purpose guiding them and they are brave enough to follow that inner calling---well there is NO ONE more inspiring, creative, dynamic and generous than Leo.
And right now, in this hot, hot, darn, tough summer, don’t we all want to be inspired, creative, and dynamic along with feeling a generous support?
The answer is YES. But we have to work at it. We have to be willing to be brave and listen to our pulse. Luckily there are aspects on this New Moon cycle to help push us towards our calling because Leo rules the heart.
MARS AND SATURN THE GOOD PLAYERS
On this Leo New Moon the Sun/Moon are in a beautiful sextile with Mars and Saturn. For 28 days we will be inspired and creative ideally passionate and at the same time it will all be purposeful. Leo rules fun and merriment, parties, excitement and balloon popping escapades. With Mars and Saturn in Libra supporting Sun & Moon in Leo, we should not be afraid to have fun. Take risks (Mars), be spontaneous, be joyful, let down your hair and laugh! This is important because the fun you experience connects you to others (Libra) and inspires (Leo) you in a real and concrete way (Saturn). Go for the fun, go for the lively. See what it does to your heart. Also don’t be afraid to make fun of yourself! What? Leo makes fun of himself? Yep, when Leo has high self- esteem he can even laugh at his own foibles. Heaven forbid!
TROUBLESOME NEPTUNE AND CHIRON, NEPTUNE FIRST….
Of course not all aspects are smooth and two hurdles are from Neptune and Chiron who both oppose Sun and Moon. In case you didn’t notice, Neptune and Chiron in Pisces are bringing out the crazies. And I mean crazies we can’t do anything about. Besides ruling the crazy, Pisces and Neptune make things fuzzy, make things dreamy and dissolve things they touch. Neptune doesn’t like reality so he will put on goggles and deliberately fuzz things up. Personally, we may try to ignore or get fuzzy about what our heart is telling us. While we laugh and have fun our heart speaks but if there is a small voice in us that says we don’t deserve this joy watch the joy and passion disappear. Or perhaps we will have something come up and we’ll get caught up in the ‘why’ we’ll get lost (since there rarely is an answer to WHY) that all our good and fun experienced will be lost. Be brave try to resist the urge to get lost by Neptune.
Globally the news could have stories about total whack jobs causing problems. What is the antidote to the crazy debilitating side of Neptune? If the harsh reality is in your face and your heart aches—get compassionate and intuitive. Find your spiritual side or at the very least be reflective. But just because the world is full of a-holes is no reason for you to deny your heart.
CHIRON STEPS IN IT
Then there is self-wounding Chiron. Chiron will deliberately create painful experiences so he can learn from it on a deeper way. That part of us that knows we should not hit REPLY to that email from that person gunning for a fight. We know we shouldn’t do it, we can’t do, we won’t do it…and then bam we hit REPLY. That is Chiron, he is always self-wounding. With a harsh aspect between Chiron in Pisces and Sun/Moon in Leo the air is ripe for a lesson about being alive and living a life that is big and full. Will we do it? Will we deny it? Will we judge others harshly who are doing it? Will we hide in martyrdom (Pisces) in order to stall our BIG LIFE? I had a family member who used to proudly talk about how she was a ‘survivor’. My response was always—“Look around you, everyone is a survivor. If you want to be proud start thriving.”
Globally, with Chiron opposite Sun/Leo someone in the news is really going to step in it. And from all perspectives it will look like crazy ego, crazy drama and crazy jealousy. They may deny it but it doesn’t matter we’ll know the truth.
SATURN & MARS; URANUS & PLUTO –“YES, WE ARE A PAIN IN THE ASS AND WE DON’T CARE.”
We are lucky that Saturn and Mars are in nice aspect to the Sun/Moon. But we do have to look at their influence on each other for this cycle. Their conjunction took place a couple of days before new moon and is still in effect for the new moon chart. Saturn in Libra wants balance in relationships and will do hard work to get it. But if the other person is not carrying their weight, resentments grow. Of course, Mars is not one to sit idly by percolating resentments. He is a warrior and is prone to cut people off or do swift actions that cut to the bone. And god help the complainers this cycle who bitch about the same stuff over and over, watch how the universe will send someone in to ‘fix’ that situation. It might not be above board and out in the open but someone will be wielding a knife. No one is interested in excuses this cycle with Mars on top of Saturn.
And as we all know, we are in the first tense wave of Uranus & Pluto. The accent is on change. The old ways are not working. We see it globally. The recession, currencies, a hostile election in the US. Where to begin?
Next month on September 19th we will have the second hit of Uranus/Pluto which could bring out more challenges and fissures involving money, banks, governments & businesses. Personally, we are all feeling the push and pull between Aries who is focused on forging ahead in new areas and Capricorn who is trying to hold on to power while at the same time overhauling everything. You can see the conflict as one wants a revolution and the other wants evolution. Not easy.
For people who have planets between 8 and 9 degrees of Cardinal signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra & Capricorn) you are feeling the vice grips more than the rest of us. Release, die and reborn. Chaos and creation. Deepening the roots but spreading out in new ways. It is a challenging period but later you will come out of it knowing it was one of the most important times in your life.
Spend 28 days reflecting on what makes you heart soar. You may think you know the answer but by the end of the cycle you could have a whole new knowledge about your heart. Keep your blood flowing, stay alive! Feel all your senses. Even the ones you have turned off. Touch things, smell things, taste things, intuit things and be out there. And by the way, it is not me telling you to do this, it is your heart telling you to be alive. Don’t deny your heart.
The 8 phases
New Moon Phase
August 17, 11:54am
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: What makes you alive? What makes you excited? What makes you passionate? Do you have NO idea what does all of the above? Well, take this cycle to plant some seeds to find out what your heart needs to stay alive. It is time to thrive!
8/18 Mercury/Uranus: Communication is lively, healing, creative & dynamic.
8/20: Sun/Mars: Actions that are based on security, death and rebirth.
Crescent Moon Phase
August 20 11:50pm EDT
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What information are you learning about relationships? What are you learning about balance? Where is the light side? Where is the shadow? What are your partners telling you? Even if you are not in a ‘relationship’ you are in relationships what are learning? How does all of this speak to your creativity and self esteem?
8/22: Mercury/Jupiter: Expansive thoughts, benefits through things that are ‘foreign’ as defined being out of your normal world.
8/22: Sun in Virgo
8/23: Mars in Scorpio
First Quarter Moon
August 24 9:53am
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that bridge you to others? How are you stretching and getting out of your close circles? How can you move that brings in things that are ‘foreign’? How do your philosophies and opinions line up with your self esteem? Do your opinions match up to your integrity? Is there hypocrisy?
8/23: Sun/Neptune: Hard to focus on daily life, bigger stuff feels unworldly. Illusions, depression, crazy are distracting. Prayer helps soften.
8/26: Mars/Neptune: Actions that are based on spirituality and humanitarian love are pronounced.
August 27 8:32pm
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
Focus on: What is coming up that speaks to your executive abilities? What details are you working out where you have to put on your CEO hat? Where do you need to step up and show your leadership abilities? What tough decisions need to be made that speak to your self esteem?
8/29: Sun/Pluto Inspiration that speaks to our DNA. The desire to survive is strong. Ideas will come up that speak to new growth.
8/29: Mercury/Saturn: The brain and communication are in synch with our work efforts. We have got our mind on our relationships working and our working relationships are on our mind.
Full Moon Phase
08 Pisces 34
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Where is spirituality in your life? How do you balance your self- esteem with divine intervention? Do you know the difference? Can you be brave and rely on your intuition to support your self esteem? Or is your ego at play and you see yourself only as hero or victim?
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
8/31 Mercury enters Virgo: http://astrology.about.com/od/mercury/p/MercuryVirgo.htm
9/1: Mercury/Neptune: communication is very fuzzy. Keep quiet. Meditate.
9/3:Venus/Saturn: Resources feel very strainted. Love is in tough spot. Those who can’t step up are being seen and judged.
9/3:Mars/Pluto: Actions based on new growth, calling upon our DNA to survive and thrive. Actions exploring new opportunities.
Disseminating Moon Phase
September 4 6:18am
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: What are you sharing that speaks to going it alone? What are others sharing with you that speaks of breaking new ground? Where can you get advice from others that encourages you to be your own person and go your own way? What is your self esteem telling you about breaking out?
9/4: Mercury/Pluto: The brain is onto stuff. Whatever you start mulling no matter how odd may have significance later.
9/5: Mercury/Mars: Actions are fruitful. They are based on logic and detailed. Good day to take care of a lot of stuff.
9/7: Sun/Jupiter: Avoid anything big. Big ideas, big purchases, big arguments. Stay below the radar.
Last Quarter Moon Phase
September 8 9:15am EDT
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
Focus on: What conversation are you having with others? How does it support your self esteem? What actions can you take that reflect brave communication?
9/8: Mercury/Jupiter: Another day to avoid big thoughts, arguments, skirt the obvious battle grounds.
9/10: Sun/Mercury: New day, new ideas, new thoughts, new brilliance, new self confidence.
Balsamic Moon Phase
September 12 8:37am EDT
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our ego, oh, god we release our ego. We release the need to be the center of attention. We release our loud and our quiet smugness.
9/13: Venus/Uranus Brilliance that could be weird but still brilliant. Breakthroughs that support values. Electric ideas everywhere.
Virgo New Moon September 15 10:10pm EDT
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook