New Moon Articles by Tracy
Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
Aries NEW MOON 2015
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? It is all about YOU! Not your family. Not your friends. It is all about YOU! Don’t squander these 29 days on other people’s goals. It is about time.
The Music Of The Spheres
Aries NEW MOON
April 18, 2015
2:56 pm PDT
28 Pisces 27
Wow. This is a great Aries New Moon. I don’t think I have said that in years.
What makes this Aries New Moon so good? Well, in astrology we aren’t supposed to use the words “Good” or “Bad” so let me say I think this Aries New Moon will feel less encumbered than the ones in our past. For the first time in a very long time the Sun and Moon are not in the cross hairs of either Uranus or Pluto and a few years ago it was Mars. Lord. So, together let’s all say “Yippee.” Some of you are probably wondering what that means.
Let’s put it this way. When you invite some friends over to your house for dinner you have to clean the house like a crazy person, you have to prepare menus, you have to shop like a crazy person and you have work like a dog to set the environment the way you want for what you perceive to be an enjoyable evening. And at the end of the event you wipe your brow and look at your clean house and full fridge and say “That was fun and look at what I accomplished.” Fine.
Now what if you wake up on Friday and decide you are going to clean your house and cook delicious meals all weekend. You don’t have any friends coming over, you are just inspired to do it and at the end of the weekend you look at your clean house and full fridge and say, “Great.”
So, what is the difference? There is no pressure. You feel compelled to do it and you just do it. You aren’t being ‘forced’ to do it. Even though a case can be argued that the person who invites the friends over is not being ‘forced’ to do anything either but at the end of the day one has more inherent pressure than the other. And that is what is going on with this Aries New Moon. There is no Uranus or Pluto bearing down on us and compelling us to ‘get on with it’. We are just going to glide through this Aries New moon and lunar cycle and be fired up to do what we want to do for 29 days. Again, let’s say, “Yippee”.
The Sun and Moon in Aries are in conjunction with Mercury however Mercury is not in Aries and is in Taurus. Aries is of course the first fire sign of the zodiac. In the Northern Hemisphere fiery Aries tells plants, bulbs and seeds to come out from winter’s cold and grow. It takes a lot of fire to push through formerly frozen dirt. No wonder Aries are natural leaders. The first fire signs says, “Come on! Let’s do it!” Mercury in Taurus, the first earth sign puts the accent on being grounded and earthbound. Mercury is our thinker planet and in Taurus he cares about the practical. No one wants to be airy fairy for 29 days. We want to be practical. But it is worth noting that when you heat up (fire) dirt (earth) you end up with a clay oven. If you have ever been around a clay oven you know that they keep the heat for a long time. We will have 29 days to keep our heat going. This is a great since this is our TREASURE MAP new moon.
Anyone who reads this column with any kind of regularity knows that we are big time Treasure Mappers. And this is going to be a beautiful Treasure Map cycle. For those people unclear about what is a Treasure Map. It is similar to a vision board. You take time during the Aries New Moon to build a collage on a poster board that has images of the things you want for this New Year. Yes, the New Year is now—not January. The Aries New Moon launches the New Year. Do you want a new house, car, job? Or what about a new relationship? Or new healthy habits, new body, new thoughts, new beliefs or new experiences? It is really simple, it is about what YOU want. Aries can be the most selfish sign in the zodiac—that is why I love them by the way. All fired up about number 1. And absolutely convinced that they MUST do everything alone. Ha! The truth is that they are happiest with their own company and setting up goals and stretching for those goals. And if others help that’s great but their goals are personal. And we can all learn from them. There is nothing wrong with putting yourself first. There is nothing wrong with asking; “What do I want?” The rest of the zodiac is not geared up for number 1 quite like Aries. Take these 29 days to be focused on YOU! And if you insist on thinking that being focused on you is selfish well that is your problem and you are missing the point of astrology. And why are you reading this column if you are so committed to being small and putting everyone including the family dog in front of you? I thought I raised you better than that.
So, get out of your way, be fired up all 29 days. Make your Treasure Map. Know that the Aries New Moon chart has Mercury in Taurus supporting this cycle for us to set our goals and practical solutions that build our goals will show up. We are not getting pushed around by Uranus or Pluto, we are allowed to dream big and know that the right game plan will be there. I think it is going to be an extraordinary year. Just my vibe.
Please note that the ideal time frame to make your map is:
In a perfect world we would all have our Treasure Maps done in the New Phase of the Aries lunar cycle.
Which means having our maps done between April 18 2:52pm EDT and April 22 12:34am EDT (4/21 11:34pm CDT, 10:34pm MDT, 9:34pm MDT).
Very Very Good
But of course not everyone can have their map finished by April 21/22. No problem.
You can push your date to April 25th 7:55pm EDT (6:55pm CDT, 5:55pm MDT, 4:55pm PDT)
And if you don’t make that deadline then the next date to have it completed is have it done by May 3 at 11:41pm EDT. (10:41pm CDT) (9:41pm MDT) 8:41pm PDT) That is one minute before the moon goes Full.
And that’s it. If you don’t have your map completed by the May 3 11:41pm EDT. Then skip the map this year.
See you all on the other side of Aries and I hope to god you are super exhausted from 29 days of setting up personal goals. Get drunk on number oneness.
If you need more information on the first Treasure Map and its history go to
And for more information on how to build a map go to http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/2015/04/treasure-map-2015.html
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
28 Aries 25
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: What do you want this year? What do you want to accomplish? Where do you want to go? What actions are you going to take to activate your year goals? Where do you need to be brave? Where do you need to go it alone?
4/19: Mercury sext Neptune: Inspired thinking and conversation. Creativity comes quick.
4/19: Venus sq Neptune: Love and money feel ‘lost’. Values seem delusional. Misguided love and cash.
4/20: Sun enters Taurus
4/21: Mercury sq Jupiter. Big opinions, stubborn thinking, being stuck in communication and brain loops.
4/21: Mars trine Pluto: Movement that is energized. Actions that plant new seeds. Digging in and getting to fertile soil.
4/22: Mercury tr Pluto: New thoughts bring out new growth. Clever conversations that inspire profound movement.
Crescent Moon Phase
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about your communications? What are you learning about your neighborhood? What are you learning about your sibling? How are you a good or not so good sibling? How are you a good or not so good neighbor? How do you speak to others? How do they speak to you? How does all of this line up with what you want this year?
4/22: Venus sxt Jupiter: Expanded love. Making bridges to creativity. Values are shared that seem foreign at first but seem like a bold choice.
4/22: Mercury con Mars: Tongue is sharp. Thoughts move fast. Watch driving. Watch arguments. Feeling like the world has adhd.
First Quarter Moon
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take that bring out your bravery? What goals have you set out for yourself that need high self-esteem? What actions can you take that speak to your love? How are your actions accessing your creativity?
4/26: Venus sxt Uranus: Breakthroughs around money, love and creativity.
4/29: Sun sxt Neptune. Inspired faith with actions build self esteem.
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What have we missed about our health and diet? What goals did we set out for the year that need to be scheduled in our calendar every day? Where do we need to do a tiny bit every day in order to achieve a bigger goal? What did we miss because we didn’t get in close and look at the details?
4/30: Mercury enters Gemini
5/03: Mercury Opp. Saturn. Restricted thoughts and conversation. Feeling mentally blocked or challenged.
Full Moon Phase
13 Scorpio 23
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Full Moon in Scorpio. Being practical and solid are great but at what point do they both turn into stuck? When is being stuck not helping us move on? What needs to be released in order for us to move on to the next level?
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
5/04: Sun sq Jupiter. Going overboard. Being too big. Stepping out of bounds. Ego unchecked.
5/06: Walking away and building something new. Moving on with optimism.
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your executive ability? How are others sharing their executive abilities? How are you being an inner CEO and how are others witnessing it? How are you being “Taught” by a CEO? Where do you need to access your CEO knowledge in order to build the goals that you set on the new moon?
5/07: Venus enters Cancer
5/09: Mercury sq Neptune: Fritz out thinking. Faith feels challenged by over analysis.
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions are you taking that speak to your bigger group? Where are the like minded people in your life? How do they support you towards the goals you set on new moon? How are you holding a light for others? How does that support their goals? What are you learning from the internet and other ‘new’ technology that can support your long range goals?
5/11: Mars enters Gemini
Balsamic Moon Phase
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our warrior. Where do we need to take down the shield in order to appreciate the goals that we set on new moon? Where are we fighting the same fight when we already won the battle? What do we look like when we aren’t a warrior? What do we look like when we release our loneliness?
5/15: Mars opp Saturn: Actions based on shallowness buy problems that are then righteously defended. Local versus foreign. Short cuts versus practical logistics.
5/16: Venus trine Neptune: love of man and love of humanity excel. Inspired creativity and heart fulfilling faith.
Taurus New Moon May 18 12:13am EDT * note Mercury retrogrades at 9:49pm EDT.
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook