New Moon Articles by Tracy
VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
VIRGO NEW MOON 2014
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? Start moving the debris that is keeping you from living your dream life, brick by brick, by brick , by brick, by brick, by brick, by brick …you get the gist.
Two Guardian Angels
VIRGO NEW MOON
August 25, 2014
2 Virgo 18
Let us get down on our hands and knees and thank God and the Universe for this New Moon in Virgo. Never has a tired group of people needed a new lunar phase more than all of us.
Just to recap, for about a year we were dealing with the grand crosses (a little less but who is counting when you are getting drilled almost daily) then we had a tough Cancer lunar phase where things were exploding super fast, followed by a heart opening, sloppy, creative, love expanding Leo molten-lava-flowing- everywhere phase. Really it was a summer that was almost too much to process. Yippee that is why god created vodka and Virgo. Just kidding. We’ll leave the vodka on the shelf and focus on Virgo.
Let’s get the bullshit part of Virgo out of the way. It is critical, nervous, insecure, hypochondriac, shadow pecking, myopic, can’t get any kind of long range of vision because it gets lost in the here and now micro. It can be very small. There we have said the laundry list now let’s move on to good part of Virgo because we need it.
Virgo takes care of details. That bowl full of bills that needs to be paid is the jurisdiction of Virgo. That doctor’s appointment that sits in the guilty part of your brain having not been addressed for months will be healed by Virgo. That project that needs to be tackled at work or the mess in your home that has been sitting off in the corning, throbbing and pulsating and needs to be fixed is desperate for Virgo. And that calendar that is insane, where you are running all over the world and back and getting NO WHERE needs to be fine-tuned. Stupid can finally be plucked out of your date book with the help of Virgo.
Virgo is a caretaker and a servant and takes care of people, places and things. Where things were crazy and fiery in Leo we get the perfect antidote in Virgo. Anything birthed in the last few months needs Virgo to nurse it to the next level. For example, if you have realized in the last couple months you need to change your love life, your money, your career, your home, your family dynamics, your friendships, your health, your body….etc --- You absolutely need to use Virgo to get to the next stage. Virgo is about fixing stuff. There is something to be said that Virgo can’t get the big picture true-----but the big picture can’t be big if the small stuff is effed’ up. And that is what Virgo will fix.
For example, you want to go to Europe with your family next summer. Great. Sounds fabulous. But what is going on with your husband’s work schedule? What is going on with your bank account? What is going on with your relationship with your children? You can NOT get to Florence, Italy next July if your spouse is afraid to ask for three weeks off at work, or your savings account has $500 dollars in it or your kids would rather be on their cell phone than have a conversation with you, let alone fly eight thousand miles to a foreign country. Or if you need another example (and I can do this for pages and pages but won’t), if you need to get your career to a new level but your wardrobe looks “poor me.” Or your body is a mess. Or your friendships hold you back. Or you haven’t done diligence on the research that you need to step up. Or you are short ten units at the college from an important certificate or degree to your career….. you need to take Virgo to fix all that mess. And it is only a mess because it has not been addressed. Again, that is why god created Virgo so we can fix the micro.
So let’s get into the nitty gritty (how perfect) of this Virgo New Moon.
The Sun and Moon are on top of each other in Virgo. Opposite of them is Neptune in Pisces. Oh, crap, it had to be Neptune. Why do I say that? Neptune in Pisces is about dissolving, it is psychic, it is about dreams, art, illusions, drugs, booze, metaphysical, music, spirituality without dogma, it is about float, float, floating along. Virgo is hammering nails into planks of wood ¾ of an inch from the right edge. It is exact. It is precise. It can NOT stand vague or unknown variables and that is everything that speaks to Neptune in Pisces. How do we find balance between these two worlds? We get some altitude.
You have got stuff that needs to be addressed. You have goals, you have desires, some of them you can’t exactly see in your mind’s eye but you have an ache in you that speaks to what you need. Virgo is ready to help. And for some of you, you are going to tackle a bunch of stuff this 29 day lunar cycle. And every day you will feel a small sense of accomplishment. And many of you will have a psychic pull towards fixing something that may not have been anything on your list. Great way to use Neptune. Others are going to try to tackle stuff and then get pushed back and feel victimized like you can’t get ahead. And THAT feeling is also connected to Neptune. If you have to come back and read this article over and over again- fine..but remember if there is something dissolving in front of you, it means you have to either dig in and find a new fix or it means it is a path that is not serving you and LET it go. Neptune is not an accidental planet, even if it is an accident it is Karma, Dharma, the finger of fate, call it what you want but there is a divine action with Neptune. And with Virgo we make the most of what we have been given.
We do not sit around and feel sorry for ourselves. If you are doing that and it is not a REAL concrete reason to feel sorry for yourself and I think we all know what that is---(Big ass illness, death of a loved one and that like) we simply dust ourselves off and get working. Brick by brick we will fix things.
It is also worth noting that a few hours after the new moon Mars & Saturn will be in exact conjunction, on top of each other, in Scorpio. This is somewhat redundant energy as it puts focus on hard work. Saturn is wrapping up its stay in Scorpio for the next four months. It leaves Scorpio on Christmas and it won’t return for about twenty-eight years. Do you really want to waste these precious few months of Saturn in Scorpio? No, neither do I and neither does the Universe because Mars the warrior is going to put a fire under Saturn’s butt on this New Moon like no other! Saturn in Scorpio is cutting out the crap. Saturn in Scorpio HATES wasting time and money. Mars on top of Saturn is like a CEO hiring a mobster to perform a hit. Mars says, “Okay, Saturn, where do you need me to get something done? Where do you need me to dump something off the cliff? Where do you need me to fix something, in a cold sharp way? Mars in Scorpio likes to lance wounds. And all THAT energy is on the Virgo New Moon that is already setting out to fix stuff. Can you feel a redundancy? Can you feel a push to get things in order? Good, we’re getting your attention.
Now I should say not everyone is going to be up for this work. Those will be the people who feel lost, confused, not sure what to do and we’ll let Neptune work on them. Some of them are being deliberately obtuse. They can pretend they don’t know the work they need to do in order to live a more authentic life but god help them if they waste your time talking about what they can’t see. No one has time for them except rabbis, priests and the like. And even those who wear robes will get sick of their small thinking by the end of 29 days.
On September 22, Pluto will turn direct at 11 degrees Capricorn. This is interesting to me, Pluto is no slouch of a planet and he is doing an important direction change during the balsamic phase of the moon. In the balsamic we are entering the darkest cycle. We are letting go and we are releasing. This particular balsamic the accent will be on releasing Ego and Being a Big shot. How curious that the planet that demands death and rebirth is changing direction during the release phase of the moon. Back in the middle of April when we were slogging it out big time with the cardinal crosses Pluto tried to hide by turning retrograde. Of course, he could not exactly hide since he was a key player in the street brawl. But let’s say he ducked behind a car for a lot of the fighting. Anyway, Pluto spends half a year in retrograde (going backwards) when he stations direct it is not small feat. What information is he going to bring forward? On a global picture look at Gaza, Syria and Isis and how they exploded during Pluto retrograde (I hadn’t even heard of Isis before this summer). When Pluto turns direct we should get another wake up call on these matters. Personally, anyone with planets between 11 and 14 degrees of cardinal signs (Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn) will be up to their eyeballs in changes. But in truth ever since Uranus and Pluto started to square one another starting in 2012 and ending in 2015 the walls have been closing in on all of us in some way. Limited beliefs are a real bitch. And god knows the world is feeling very Snoop Dog consider many of us have, “my mind on my money and my money on my mind” thanks to Pluto in Capricorn. When Pluto turns direct he will be heading towards his 6th square with Uranus on December 15th and then his final square is March 17 next year. Watch how the energy changes after it turns direct on the 9/22 and you’ll get a good idea what December and March are going to be all about. And remember if you are stuck on any of it, ask yourself, “Where do I need to transform?” “Where do I need to be willing to morph?” “Where do I need to jump without a net?” And do not even suggest there is no area that needs morphing. That will be a waste of all our time.
In conclusion: Look at your calendar. Are you on task to build the life you want? Bit by bit? What’s broken? How can you begin fixing it now? Not a month from now but now. Every day should have something that will ultimately bring you what you deserve and desire. Health and hygiene are especially active under this phase but it is not just physical health (and sure most of us should lose a few pounds) but it is also mental health. If your brain is cluttered with stuff that needs fixing—fix it, please, Virgo wants to serve you.
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
August 25, 2014
2 Virgo 19
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: What is on your calendar? Should it be there? What is NOT on your calendar and should be there? Is it a yoga class? Is it a conversation with a boss? Is it a meeting with HR? Is it an appointment with a doctor? Is it a day set aside to add Quicken to your computer so you can finally track your expenses? And are you still wasting time with people whose needs are getting in the way of your needs (ouch). Yeah, plant seeds now to fix all that nonsense.
8/25: Mars on Saturn: Oh get sensible about your anger! Get energized about work! Get focused like a muther on your sex life and your investments. Mean business about business. Don’t just be mean.
8/27: Venus/Mars: Male vs Female. Love vs. Anger. Gentle vs Rough. Values versus Action. Watch the love, watch the money, watch the anger.
8/29: Sun/Neptune. Spiritual beliefs and purpose are finding balance.
Crescent Moon Phase
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: How does your schedule reflect balance? What information are you learning that speaks of where you need to find balance? What are you learning about how fine-tuning your relationship. What are you learning that would be practical help in your relationships?
9/2: Mercury in Libra
First Quarter Moon
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take that broaden your world? What actions can you take that build bridges between worlds? How are you making moves that expand your knowledge? How can you act upon smart ideas and be impromptu?
9/3: Sun/Pluto: The universe rewards transformations. Do it right now, morph, transform, shape shift our world.
9/4: Mercury/Saturn. Our thoughts feel frozen. Our brains feel cold. Our coldness is out. We see the glass half empty. Make it work for you, if you can.
9/5: Venus in Virgo
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
We fine tune our executive abilities. How does our inner CEO need fine-tuning? How are we super practical about our position out in the greater world? How are we being quick on our feet in our career?
9/7: Mars/Pluto. Stay out of the way of temper tantrums. Where are people resisting change? Where are people resisting your change?
Full Moon Phase
9:38 pm EDT
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: This is the full moon between faith and the practical world. This is a time to reconsider an old adage--- “We are not humans having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings have a human experience. “
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
9/9: Mercury/Pluto: Razor sharp tongues are at play. Thoughts that no longer serve are up our grill. Transformation beckons but are we up for it mentally? What will it take to get our brains there?
9/11: Mercury/Uranus: Abruptness in thoughts and words, breakthroughs feel challenged. Breakouts need more thinking.
5:04am pm EDT
Disseminating Moon Phase
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing practicality with others? Who can give you advice that is grounded in sensibility? Who is rock steady? What do you see there that can assist you? Airey-Fairy be damned!
9/13: Mars enters Sag (Yeah!)
9/14: Venus/Pluto. Love and money are invigorated. Values feel refreshed. Transformation of love and emotions and creativity is highlighted.
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions can you take that support your communication? What does your communication say about your daily life? What can you add to your daily disciplines that match your communication? “I want more money” “I want more love” is that reflected in your daily life? Are you full of hate every day? Are you full of mismanaged funds? Speak needs to match daily life.
Balsamic Moon Phase
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our ego. We release our big shotness. We release our roaring anger. We release our thin-skinnedness.
9/22: Pluto turns direct (see above)
LIBRA NEW MOON SEPTEMBER 24 2:13AM
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook