New Moon Articles by Tracy
Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
ARIES NEW MOON 2014
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 28-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? Three words: Effin’ new beginnings.
A Teacher Gives New Symbolic Forms To Traditional Images
Aries New Moon
March 30 2:44pm EDT
Hello and welcome to the next stage of your life. We have been building towards this New Moon for months and now we are finally here. Hurray!
First things first, this is Aries New Moon so this is when you build your Treasure Map. If you don’t know Treasure Maps please go here for more explanation. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/2014/03/treasure-maps.html) But the bottom line, now you want to take the time to sit down and build a collage or a vision board. On this board will be all the things that you want for the new year. Remember THIS is the new year, not January.
Most of the time our days are filled with running around like crazy people putting out fires, running here and there, trying to stay ahead of the chaos. Rarely do we take time to focus on our goals, wants and needs in a concentrated manner. Time is a gift and now on this New Moon give yourself the gift of time by pondering, ruminating and percolating your vision for your life this year. Then cut out images, write affirmations and don’t forget a photo of yourself! We don’t want someone else to get all your fabulous goals. Try to build your map in the first few days of the New Moon. And if you have not done a Treasure Map in the last few years this would be THE year to do one. This is arguably one of the most powerful Aries New Moons we have experienced so far this century. Make a Treasure Map, please! Your astrological mother is talking to you in a stern nasal voice.
The Big One
This New Moon has the Sun and Moon at 10 degrees Aries in conjunction (on top of) Uranus. And all three are in harsh aspect to Pluto and Jupiter. This chart is no day in the country. The pressures will be strong but they are not pushing us willy-nilly, they only want one thing —Growth! And not easy simple growth, they are pushing for the big ass growth, the kind that presses every button in our soul. Remember, the New Moon by itself is a birth. Every month we have a new moon that starts a new 28-day cycle. And with Aries, the first sign of the zodiac, the birth is fiery, robust and strong enough to propel the energy not just for 28 days but for the whole year. And that is a regular Aries new moon. This year we have Uranus, Pluto and Jupiter in the mix! Obviously, we are double downing on change and evolution and beliefs and they are all playing with Aries matches! Kaboom.
Uranus is THE planet of revolution. He walks into the joint and turns the tables upside down He is restless and a wee bit destructive but he is also brilliant. If we didn’t have Uranus I would be writing this report on papyrus with pomegranate juice and handing it out to about three people. Uranus speaks to society and speaks of computers, cyber and new technology. Uranus is also super odd, he lives to be weird and unusual. During these 28 days you need to ask where are you feeling the need to change and overhaul? Where is your revolution? Where do you need to be weird? What is going on with new technology? Where are the tables being turned over? What does the chaotic energy tell you? What are dust ups telling you about your life?
With Pluto the energy is about evolution. Pluto is about deep and profound changes. Going up against the Sun and Moon in Aries, Pluto in Capricorn wants everything to slow, slow, slow, down. He wants the status quo to remain the same. He speaks of big business. How funny is it that after the economy crashed the people still with all the money are banks? How perfectly Capricorn.
But still Pluto speaks of evolution not revolution. Changes need to be made deep in our cells, deep in our DNA. Pluto knows that if you don’t make the changes deep in your psyche then everything else is just a geographic----meaning a move with no real difference. If you do not address ‘deep seated fear’ or ‘guilt’ or ‘self worth’ then nothing will really happen. And of course the lame part of Capricorn spends a lot of time in pretense and staying high above ‘the rest’ and that pisses off Aries who yells “Fraud” or worst, “Zombie”. For 28 days we will need to finesse this energy. Only you will know where you are living a fraud. Only you will know where you let comfort with status quo stop you for going for the real enriched robust life that you really want. Only you know where you are letting fear stop real evolution. Only you know where guilt and self worth issues keep you small.
Then there is Jupiter in Cancer –on one hand Jupiter in Cancer speaks to our emotions and our intuition. What do we just ‘know’ when we walk into a room? What do our roots (Cancer) tell us about who we are today? Are they working for us? How are emotions moving us? On another level the changes you need to make will undoubtedly be connected to your beliefs (Jupiter) and with this harsh aspect beliefs that no longer serve will be up your grill. For example, if you believe “All rich people are ______.” And if that line is filled with a very negative word---then why on earth would the universe give you any monetary success? Perhaps that belief or some other belief is left over from childhood (Cancer). Is it serving you? What about other opinions? How many of them are rooted in childhood experience? Also, Jupiter in Cancer is very tribal and very clannish. My family, my block, my tribe---as cozy as we feel about our peeps it is also limiting and cloying. You miss a whole wonderful world or opportunity if you insist on staying on your block with your peeps. Consider being like Dorothy—perhaps a Uranus tornado will pick you up and take you on an adventure. How will you get through it? You will remember that your ‘home’ is inside you and all you have to do is click your heels.
As you can see that is a whole lot of energy pushing for change. And if we just had that chart I would say, “phew!” But wait there is more…
This cycle is big with something that I, and pretty much every astrologer on this planet have been talking about for months (and years)—The cardinal crosses. Which will be taking place between April 20 and April 23. Uranus, Pluto, Jupiter and Mars will be activating each other. Just to give you a visual that you may understand. Imagine you are playing billiards. You hit the white ball and it hits the red ball (Mars) and it immediately hits the purple ball (Jupiter) and then the blue ball (Uranus) and then the green ball (Pluto). Then the purple ball hits blue ball and then green ball. Then the blue ball hits the green ball. See a theme? Well, that’s what is going on this month when the two faster planets, Jupiter and Mars, hit the slower guys. And the two slowest planets, Uranus and Pluto have already been hitting each other since 2012 and will continue to push each other until 2015. Twice a year they whack one another but this month they get double wacked by Mars and Jupiter. This is like two dogs getting into a fight on the yard and two more dogs join in. God my metaphors are endless. But my point is that there is a lot going on this month and it is asking all of us to stay nimble and on our feet all cycle!
One week before the cardinal crosses Pluto will turn retrograde which he does every year. How perfect he is going backwards for us to deepen our lessons about our value before we process the crosses. Also we will have a Lunar full moon eclipse on April 15. This will be the first of four full lunar eclipses (one each six months apart) for the next two years. This full moon has been called a Blood Moon in some circles. I won’t belabor the Blood Moon here but for more information go to this LINK.
But for our purposes on the full moon we will be processing our partners and relationships and how they fit into our plans for an enriched life. The full moon may point out that we are on the same page or that we are not. We will also see where people are hypocrites and duplicitous. Passsive Aggressivess will be at an all time high especially with warrior Mars in Libra. The disingenuous will be trying to make their case although pretty much everyone will see through them. It is also worth noting and I don’t usually bring up asteroids but this one is hard to miss, Ceres is right on top of this full moon. Ceres is goddess of the grain and harvest. Some kind of food issue could be a news event. Anyway, whatever comes up will need to be processed even further during the cardinal crosses the following week.
Technically here is how the cardinal crosses will play out:
April 20 3:38am EDT Jupiter square Uranus (14 deg Cancer 14 deg Aries)
April 20 7:26pm EDT Jupiter oppose Pluto (14 deg Cancer 14 deg Capricorn)
April 21 3:30pm EDT Uranus square Pluto (14 deg Aries 14 Capricorn)
April 22 3:27pm EDT Mars square Jupiter (14 deg Libra 14 Cancer)
April 23 3:08am EDT Mars opposite Uranus (14 deg Libra 14 Aries)
April 23 9:37am EDT Mars square Pluto (13 deg Libra 14 Capricorn)
Just a reminder. The last time Uranus hit Pluto was November 1. What was going on with you? And we’ll be here again on December 14.
Last time Jupiter opposed Pluto was January 31.
Last time Mars square Pluto was Dec 30 and we’ll be here again June 14,
Last time Jupiter square Uranus was Feb 26
Last time Mars square Jupiter January 8 and we’ll be here again August 1
As a reminder the crosses are impacting those people with planets at 13-15 degrees of the cardinal signs more than the rest of us. But we are all learning lessons about how to grow and changes we need to make through the signs and planets in the crosses. We are finding our own way, our own goals, our own independence and our own strength in new beginnings (Uranus in Aries). We are learning the power of our emotions to move us to a new position where we are growing and learning and not just remaining stagnant (Jupiter in Cancer). We are learning the value of relationships that are balanced and active not just lazy (Mars in Libra) and finally we are learning to find our position in the world where the outer world matches our rich inner world (Pluto in Capricorn).
We should all anticipate some cuckoo crazy stories to be in the news. Also intense stories. Highly emotional stories. And stories that might be explosive (thank you, Mars and Pluto). Besides the cardinal crosses and the full moon I would watch the days where the moon is in cardinal signs for big news (March 29 & 30, April 5-7, April 13 – 15, April 19-21)
Anyway, these 28 days are a gift. Use the energy to your advantage. Be willing to change. Release the need to be stuck. Don’t turn away from new opportunity because you are simply scared. Being scared is not good enough to stay small.
I look forward to seeing the new you in Taurus.
Have you friended me on Facebook? Keep up with weekly insights and news.
ARIES NEW MOON
March 30, 2014
2:44 PM EDT
9 Aries 58
ARIES NEW MOON
March 30, 2014
The 8 phases
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: What are you changing in your life? Where are you beginning new roads? Why are you not creating new paths? What fear is holding you back? How long will your fear keep you from the life you really want?
4/1: Sun/Jupiter: Resist temptation to go ballistic. Watch your opinions. Family versus New Beginnings.
4/2: Sun/Uranus: Revolution. Radical commitment to a new beginning. What is the fresh beginning in front of you?
4/2: Mercury/Saturn. Great thoughts build great results. Communication is to the point.
4/3: Sun/Pluto tension between a new path versus status quo. Where does fear get in the way? Where do you see stubbornness manifest?
Crescent Moon Phase
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What information are you learning about your finances? What are you learning about your resources? What is the deal with your properties? What are you learning that speaks to you building something bit by bit by bit?
4/5: Venus enters Pisces 4:31pm edt
First Quarter Moon
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that support your emotions? What supports your family? What actions are you taking that speak of your roots or your childhood? Do those roots serve you now? Or are they damaging? How can you use it to further your dreams?
4/7: Mercury enters Aries 11:35am edt
4/8: Sun/Mars—watch the temper tantrums. If not yours than the other people’s.
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
As you consider how your life is evolving and where you want to go what details are you missing? How does your daily schedule reflect the life you want? How are you daily actions and habits? What do you do every day? Seriously, what is your daily life and schedule? If your life is not exactly what you want—then get real and look at your daily stuff. What does it say?
4/11: Venus/Neptune: Spirit meets values. Values are elevated. Love & Money issues are dreamy and elevated.
4/14: Pluto Turns retrograde (see above)
4/14: Mercury/Uranus brilliant but chaotic communication. Disjointed thinking.
Full Moon Phase
April 15, 2014
25 Libra 16
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
How do you negotiate? What is going on with your relationships? How do you find balance? Where are you shallow? Where are you fiery and passionate? Where are you too much one way and not enough of the other? What do you look like when you find the middle? Do you resist it? Why?
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
4/15: Mercury /Pluto: Dark thoughts. Penetrating thoughts that speak of breaking out or seeking power.
4/16: Mercury/Mars: Harsh tongue, flippant, impulsive, everyone has ADHD
4/17: Venus/Jupiter: Joy while expanding, doors open to resources.
Disseminating Moon Phase
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are sharing your bigness? How are you sharing your enthusiasm to learn something new? How are you learning about building bridges? How do you bring in ‘foreign’ information?
4/19: Sun enters Taurus
Cardinal Crosses (See Above)
4/20 3:25a EDT Jupiter Square Uranus
4/20 7:05p EDT Jupiter Oppose Pluto
4/21 2:38p EDT Uranus square Pluto
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions can you take that bring you with the like minded? Who are you hanging out with and do they support you on your journey? Do the like minded want to be with you or is it hard to get to you because of the riff raff surrounding you? Who is your crowd? And are they in sync with you?
Cardinal Crosses (see above)
4/22 3:28pm EDT Mars square Jupiter
4/23 3:09am EDT Mars opposite Uranus
4/23 9:47am EDT Mars square Pluto
4/23: Mercury enters Taurus
4/25: Venus/Saturn Creativity, money, love and values are supported.
Balsamic Moon Phase
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our fears. We release our karma. We release our victimness. We release our fuzziness. We release vagueness. We release powerlessness.
4/26: Mercury/Neptune: Gentle dreamy thoughts, soft intuition and communication.
4/27: Sun/Neptune: Inspired, motivations connect to dreams.
TAURUS NEW MOON APRIL 29 2:14PM EDT SOLAR ECLIPSE
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook