New Moon Articles by Tracy
Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
Gemini NEW MOON 2016
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? Asking questions and adapting is the critical gift you can give yourself this 29 day cycle.
Two Dutch Children Talking To Each Other, Exchanging Their Knowledge
Gemini New Moon
June 4, 2016
Unless you are living in a white walled pristine lab, nothing happens in a vacuum. And such is the case with this Gemini New Moon. Many of us were feeling the sea change a few days before June 4 --- something was rubbing us wrong. Something came flying in the window that perhaps rattled us. We were minding our business and bam, a thought, a phone call, email arrives and suddenly we are either doing a hustle or shifting through a physical or mental hurdle. It was irritating to say the least. Why was Gemini New Moon having such a rough entry? Blame Neptune, Jupiter and Saturn.
As soon as the Sun moved into Gemini (end of May) he began sending a message to Jupiter in Virgo, Saturn in Sagittarius and Neptune in Pisces. The message was that he was ready to get into it. He was ready to rumble. This is tough because Saturn and Neptune are already fighting with each other. And Jupiter is licking his wounds having just completed his own battles with Neptune and Saturn. And then here comes Gemini poking around with all three of them. Yikes!
Take a look at what came up the week before New Moon and ask where were you blindsided? Or if it didn’t arrive from out of the blue did you see it coming at you like a speeding locomotive? Did you get out of the way? Were you nimble? Well, if not you have all 29 days to find your flexibility, agility and shrewd intellect.
The Sun & Moon in Gemini are in conjunction with Venus and all three are oppose Saturn in Sag, square Jupiter in Virgo and Neptune in Pisces. Plus there is a square with the nodes. Cutting to the chase we should all prepare for 29 mindboggling days. I don’t use the word ‘mindboggling’ as a figure of speech, I mean it literally as ‘mind boggling”. Gemini rules the mind and the intellect and that is a lot of aspects for a new moon chart. Especially Gemini. Expect insecure, strange, bold, righteous, crazy, twisted, shallow, unstable, mercurial, stupid moments every single day this cycle. And when it comes up what will you do? You will adapt.
On June 17, Saturn in Sag will exactly square Neptune in Pisces for the second time. The final round will be September 10th. The first round of this battle took place on November 27. Since that time we began a cycle of walking our talk and defining truth. Truth outside in the world and the truth held deep in our heart and subconscious. Since then a number of you have been feeling your own psychic awareness increase. Many of you are feeling more and more synchronistic. You think about someone and they show up. You wonder about a thing and if it would be good in your life and suddenly that thing is offered to you. It just seems as if you are put in the right place at the right time. Feels like Dharma. And sure there are also those moments where it seems to be the wrong time and wrong place. Feels like karma. And it is my opinion THAT is why god in his infinite wisdom not only gave us the second Saturn square Neptune during the Gemini cycle, he also made sure that the Sun and Moon were in aspect with Saturn and Neptune. Obviously, we are getting this lesson come hell or high water. The lesson is: ADAPT or pay a price.
If you want to be in sync with life and feel the flow from your heart and the universe (Neptune in Pisces) you need to pull back the righteousness. The know it all. The shoot from your hip. The blow hard--in short, the Saturn in Sag. And you need to consider the beliefs inside you. Case in point, if you believe life is hard (and you live in the first world not third world). You are right. Life is hard. But what if you dare to shift off that calcified opinion and changed it to “life is an adventure” you may have a different experience. Seriously, it may be different. Can you do it? Can you shift that opinion? And if not, why are you resistant? These questions speak to Gemini. Gemini is all about questions. He asks. He pokes. He prods.
Gemini is ruled by Mercury, which is the fastest and cleverest planet in the zodiac. For 29 days you will need to shift and dart and be as adaptable and clever as possible. Your feet will have wings on them. Not because you will be outrunning a tsunami. But more because there are righteous ideas (Saturn in sag) that are running all over the world and all over us personally. They could be coming from a significant other, or a child or a mom or a friend or a presidential nominee. Wacky ideas or crazy beliefs that are nonsensical (Neptune in Pisces) or mental disorders may get our attention along with addictions. We will see it. And we will shift. And we will be nimble. And we will avoid the speeding locomotive heading in our direction.
And because Gemini is so curious, we may find ourselves considering, “Why did I say that?” “Why did I do that?” “What made me think of that?” These questions will get our attention and that is the point. If we are in this cycle of walking our talk and coming from our heart and in flow with the universe and we are hitting bumps…then we may need to ask questions about our own motivations. And once we find an answer we do what Gemini rules----- WE ADAPT. We shift. We change. The yucky side of Gemini is shallow and flakiness. But the more evolve Gemini energy is speedy adaptability and through that we survive. Look up Darwin and you will learn the power of adaptability.
For 29 days we will ask questions and we will adapt. And we aren’t doing it for fun and shallow reasons; we are doing it to get in the flow of greater good and consciousness. And because we are just sick of the same old patterns and same old results. And yeah, it might get yucky along the way but the good news is that it will move fast. Especially if we adapt. Do you see the theme?
On June 13, Neptune turns retrograde. This is an annual event but it is curious (Gemini word) that Neptune will be going backwards when Saturn squares it on the 17th. Hmm. What have we forgotten about our humanitarianism? How about our faith? What have we lost about spirit? When Neptune retreats our psyche slows down and we start picking up things we may have missed in the last year. What does your intuition tell you? Have you even been listening to your intuition? There is a whole other world out there that can’t be smelled, tasted, felt, heard or seen. Neptune knows that world very well and between now and November 20; watch and see what your radar picks up about your own ‘other world’. There are gifts in the Universe that you may have missed. Let Neptune tune you into those opportunities.
Let’s go over the details again:
Feb 17 - Mars in shadow
April 17 – Mars retrograde 9 Sag
May 27 – Mars returns to Scorpio
June 29 – Mars direct 23 Scorpio
August 2 Mars returns to Sag
August 22 Mars leaves shadow
On June 29 Mars will turn direct in Scorpio having been retrograde since April. As we have discussed in previous reports Mars is normally in a sign for a couple weeks and then moves on. With a retrograde he is in one or two signs for five months. Yes, who doesn’t like filling a cavity without Novocain? That’s what it feels like when Mars is retrograde. Hurray, he will be going direct in this adaptable cycle. Money and debt and taxes and sex have been in the quagmire for the last few months but after Mars turns direct we will all feel and see the energy shift. Luckily we will have all of July to fix any left over Scorpio issues and we will do it pretty darn quick (remember it’s Mars) and then in August Mars returns to Sag for a couple more weeks of getting our adventurous spirit and education and philosophies energized. For a more personal take as to what Mars is doing in the houses go here:
So we are all going to question and adapt and be nimble and lose our misguided righteousness but at the same time stand up for what is true and real in our hearts. Which leads us back to little Venus. Venus is on top of the Sun and Moon on this new moon chart that means her love will be coloring the 29- day cycle. Who we love and how we love will be on our minds. But so will the bigger love. Maybe it is a stranger we help. Maybe it is the humanitarian in us. Maybe it is person in the market who needs help with their groceries. Or maybe it is our partner who just looks a little more tired. Maybe we slow down and ask them, “How are you?” And we really listen to their answer. With Venus there is a gentleness that will be present this cycle. And for that we should be grateful. And yes, as Marianne Williamson says, sometimes Love brings up other stuff.
"Love brings up everything unlike itself. Fear is detoxed, subconsciously brought to the fore whenever love arrives. Once aroused, it will either trigger us or depart from us, depending on whether it is forgiven or punished."
~ Marianne Williamson ~
Have a beautiful 29 day Gemini cycle. Ask the questions, feel the love and adapt. I’ll see you in Cancer next month.
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
Gemini New Moon
June 4, 2016
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: Where are you nimble on your feet? How are you quick? How do you adapt? How do you pivot? What is real and truth and how do you stand up for it? How do you communicate the real you?
6/6: Sun/Venus: Oh the love of beauty. Money and Love feel good and on purpose. Ego could be large but gentle thoughts soften it.
6/7: Venus/Node: Indulgence versus duty. Indulgence versus faithfulness.
6/7: Sun/Node: Mental fragility versus practicality. Mental sharpness versus deliberately ‘highness’.
Crescent Moon Phase
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are we learning about our courage? What are we learning about our strength? What are we learning about our ability to be bold and daring? What are we learning about our creativity?
6/9: Mercury/Mars: Thou shall not shoot off thou mouth. No matter how much thou desires. You have been warned. And watch your driving, too.
First Quarter Moon
June 12, 2016
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that speak to your daily routines? Do you have any? Do they need an overhaul? How are your habits serving our hurting you? Where are you asleep at the wheel in regards to your habits and daily life? What actions can you take that wake you up?
6/12: Mercury enters Gemini
6/13: Neptune retrograde (see above)
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What are you refining within your power? What is the difference between power and empowerment? Can you feel it? How are you refining what you need to release? How are you tying up any loose ends around money, banking, debts and taxes? How are your refining your sex life?
6/17: Venus enters Cancer
6/17: Saturn Square Neptune (see above)
Full Moon Phase
June 20, 2016
29 Sagittarius 32
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Full Moon in Sagittarius. Where are you building a bridge to something new? Where are you finding your inner professor? Are you walking your talk? Why not?
Go to blog for full moon report.
6/20: Mercury/Neptune: Extreme cloudy thoughts. Intuition or delusion? You be the judge.
6/20: Sun enters Cancer
June 24: 2016
1:12 am EDT
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your friends? How are you sharing your like mindedness with others? How are you sharing your inspirational thinking? How are you elevating your brain and connecting with others on that higher spot?
6/26: Jupiter/Pluto. Beliefs willingly transform. Breakthrough in rigid small minded thoughts
6/27: Venus/Neptune: Inspired love. Creativity blooms. Love and Money bloom. Intuition uber high.
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions are you taking that speak to independence? What actions are you taking that break you free from old ways? What actions are you taking that take care of number one (that would be you)?
6/29: Mercury enters Cancer
6/29: Mars direct (see above)
Balsamic Moon Phase
June 30, 2016
11:01 pm EDT
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our stubbornness. We release our stick in the mudness. We release our blocks. We release our willfulness.
6/30: Venus/Pluto. Love of power. Power at odds with love.
7/3: Sun/Neptune: Inspired coziness. Inspired warmth from family.
Cancer New Moon July 4 7:00am EDT (12 Cancer 53)
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook