New Moon Articles by Tracy
Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
SCORPIO NEW MOON 2014
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? It is time to finally empower yourself are you ready to do it? Oh, wait, you have no choice.
A Crowded Sightseeing Bus On A City Street
SCORPIO NEW MOON
October 23, 2014
0 Scorpio 24
Welcome to Scorpio New Moon.
And Happy Solar Eclipse.
We’re in an exciting period because this New Moon at 0 Scorpio will be followed by Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius and Pisces New Moons all at 0 degrees. Obviously the Universe wants us to get a new start with all five of these signs. And after the hell we’ve been through for the last three years with the cardinal crosses, we deserve new energies. Big time.
Of course this new moon is not just a new moon at 0 degrees it is also an eclipse. With a solar eclipse there is something hidden that is being stirred up. We want to be able to see it but it is in shadow. However, even though things might not be out in front and clearly identified we still ‘know’ something. That is the gift of an eclipse. It speaks to us on a deep shadowy level. Coincidentally, Scorpio is a sign that understands and hangs out in shadows. So we are double downing in shadow energy. It is worth noting that because something is in shadow does not mean it is always nefarious.
Given this eclipse is at 0 degrees we are all probably ready to go deep and find this thing that pulsates in us. The last time we had a solar eclipse at 0 degrees Scorpio was in October 1995. I mentioned to a fellow astrologer how weird it is that the ’95 eclipse took place three weeks after the OJ verdict and this eclipse is taking place one week after the Oscar Pistorius trial. Not sure why athletes and crime lines up with it but it did strike me odd. Personally, everyone should look back to October ’95 and ask what got stirred then and how did things unfold during the next year? Would you do it differently now? What did you learn then and how did you evolve between that eclipse in October and April 1996 at the next eclipse. It is worth you going through your diary or calendar to mull those activities at that time. Our next solar eclipse is March 20th. What will evolve between now and then?
Scorpio is the second water sign of the zodiac. Back in July we swam in the first water cycle during Cancer. In Scorpio the water is deeper and swifter. In Cancer we were swimming on the shore with huge emotions like tsunami waves crashing on us. We learned to process our emotions by riding up or diving through them. Now with Scorpio we are once again processing our emotions but we are also using them to motivate us. We harness them like Hoover Dam harnesses the Colorado River.
When Scorpio energy is evolved it knows it has a deep reserve. It is powerful and can accomplish a great deal by using focus, dedication and commitment. When it means business, Scorpio takes no hostages to get what it wants. But there is more to Scorpio’s energy than simple brute force. Scorpio knows that to get to that rich reserve of power, something needs to die so something can be reborn. Scorpio is not afraid to ask: What needs to die? Is it bad habits, bad attitudes, bad connections, or bad behaviors? Is it addictions? Is it fear? Is it something rigid that needs to die? Is it something that is blocked that needs to die? Or is it something so deep in the psyche which, we can’t identify but we still know is ‘off’? This is why Scorpio is one of the signs associated with therapy. Accessing the dark stuff needs powerful Scorpio to find it and also Scorpio to dislodge it. An evolved Scorpio is like a bomb squad expert who goes deep (while everyone backs off) and pulls the right wire so that the device does not explode. Scorpio is just that exacting and that confident of his power and when it is evolved we all benefit.
A less evolved Scorpio is the exact opposite. Rigid, blocked, frozen, shut down, controlling and paranoid. The fear can run deep with a scared Scorpio so much that they cut themselves off from good in the world. No matter how much others tell them that there is good they won’t see it and can get into a viscous cycle of attracting bad and more bad and more bad. Not because they are awful people but because when they focus on bad neighbors, bad family, bad parents, bad children, bad friends, bad politicians, bad systems, bad anything…that’s all they get. Everything is black or white. They are like a person on a guided tour of Africa and go to ten different countries and never see one elephant. Does that mean there are no elephants in Africa? No. It just wasn’t on their agenda. It’s the same with a shut down Scorpio. When they are fixated on bad that is all they see and all they attract and the cycle rolls on. During this eclipse we will be teetering. Some people will feel the bitter and controlling nature of dark Scorpio while others will see the renewal of change that only powerful Scorpio can bring. Thankfully, there is a lot of good on this New Moon chart, which should help bring out the more evolved Scorpio energies.
The New Moon Eclipse Chart has Venus on top of the Sun and the Moon putting a feminine patina to the whole 29-day lunar cycle. Venus is attraction. Venus is a woman in love. Venus is a woman in her creativity. Venus is a beauty. Venus in Scorpio is a woman who is not afraid of her power or her sexuality. She is not afraid of attracting powerful people. Venus in Scorpio is creatively figuring out money issues, sexual issues and fertility issues. Venus in Scorpio attracts powerful solutions to deep-seated fears. Venus in Scorpio is a magnet turned on. These next 29 days will be about attraction. What are we attracting? How is it healing? What is it healing?
Additionally, there is also a trine between Neptune and the Sun & Moon along with Venus. Neptune in Pisces uses intuition to guide and he uses Spirit to support God’s master plan. The Sun and Moon in Scorpio seek death and rebirth and with Neptune we will receive gentle nudges from the Universe that push us towards our evolution. Given this New Moon is at 0 this is a beginning for everyone and because the next four new moons are also at 0, Spirit knows there needs to be an evolution deep inside us so that we can reap the rewards of new beginnings in every month. This is a wonderful opportunity. Watch how you are nudged these 29 days. You will find yourself in all kinds of curious adventures but never lose sight of Spirit guiding you. You are part of a bigger picture; let the cells in your body attract the new.
If we use the energy to its highest ideal, for the next 29 days we will be digging in deep and letting bad habits go. As we flow like a river from one situation into another we will be attracting people and situations that will empower us. They will push us to push ourselves to a new level. Sure there may be a skanky moments now and then and we’ll see the shut down Scorpio as listed above. But for the most part we should feel a sense of renewal. There will be tears but they will be cleansing.
Two days after the New Moon, Mercury turns direct. As always we get down on our knees and thank the good Lord that Mercury retrograde is over. On October 4th Mercury turned retrograde at 2 degrees of Scorpio. Doesn’t it feel like a lifetime ago? It goes direct on October 25 at 16 degrees Libra. What have we learned about our ability to die and be reborn? What have we gotten rid of mentally? How has our brain been used like a weapon? Have we helped bring peace? What have we healed? And what have we learned about relationships? How are we learning to find balance? How are we learning the art of negotiations? How have we experienced tit for tat? What leaks in our boat have we seen and realized that we need to fix? We may revisit topics that came up since the first shadow date of September 14. Be gentle on yourself if you made mistakes. This is all part of your evolution.
There are a few days to watch this cycle, in particular; November 10 when Mars and Pluto are in conjunction in Capricorn. People may be imploding or if we are lucky doing a big evolution. On November 12 Mars and Uranus will get into a tussle bringing out disruptions and arguments. If we are all smart we’ll go out and run a marathon or do something physical to get the energy out. And on November 13 the Sun and Jupiter will get into a pushing match. Watch out for some loud egos. Also espionage versus brute force could be taking place globally and personally.
Neptune turns direct on November 16 (2:05am EDT). Neptune spends every year in retrograde for about six months. In this case he turned retrograde on June 9th. When Neptune goes backward and putters along he helps us all refine our radar. During retrograde we learn to use our intuition. Yes, sometimes during the retrograde we hear our intuition but do not follow it and bam! We learn, “Shoot, I should have followed my gut.” Now with Neptune turning direct we are ready to take all that we have learned about our intuition, our sensitivities and our inner mystic. How interesting that Neptune trines the Sun/Moon on the new moon chart and then in this 29 day window Neptune turns direct. Spirit is guiding us in a big way. But we are not innocent pawns. Neptune reminds us, we are co-creating our evolution with Spirit.
In conclusion: This Scorpio new moon is setting up a beautiful cycle for the next five months. We are all tired, we feel a little wounded but Scorpio reminds us that the power we seek is in side us. We need to jettison the stuff that is dead and move forward to our new self. We need to go down to the Scorpio river and be cleansed. Use these 29 days as a baptismal.
My new you will meet your new you in November for Sag new moon where we will go on a new adventure.
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
October 23, 2014
0 Scorpio 24
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: What needs a renewal? What needs a deep healing on the DNA level? What are you doing with your power? How are you harnessing? Where do you get empowered? What seeds are you planting that speak to building the new empowered you? Where are you shedding your skin?
10/25: Sun/Venus: Love, Sex, Values, Money, Resources feels enlightened.
10/25: Mercury turns Direct 3:16pm EDT (see above)
10/26: Mars in Capricorn (6:42am EDT)
10/27: Venus/Neptune: Dreamy love, spiritual healings, resurrection of love. Elevated resources and love.
Crescent Moon Phase
10:53 am EDT
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about your education? Do you feel educated? Do you feel weak and need more education? What are you learning about traveling? What are you learning about building a bridge? Where do you need something ‘foreign”?
10/28: Sun/Neptune: Resources, death and rebirth feel like a dream. Opportunity to dissolve locks and chains that keep us from evolution.
10/30: Mercury/North Node a call back to 10/20. What thoughts are you revisiting from then? How are you resurrecting your thinking to help you find balance?
First Quarter Moon
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take that bring you together with like-minded individuals? Who is your group? How can your group help you? How are your friends bringing you ‘electricity’? How are you using cyber world to further your goals from new moon?
11/1: Mercury/Jupiter: Light fun, joy in the brain and reaching out to others for play. Fun.
11/1 Venus/Pluto: Relationships are invigorated. They get a fresh shot of B12.
11/1 Mars/Neptune: Faith and actions go hand in hand. Actions that need spirit are supported. Movement unfolds by Spirit’s hands.
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
Where are YOU? What about your place in making your life work on all pistons, are you doing it? How are you neglecting your energy? What does it look like if you use the next three days being completely self motivated?
11/3: Sun/Pluto: Depth in life affirming evolution. Time for something die so something wonderful can be born.
Full Moon Phase
November 6 2014
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: This full moon is focused on your possessions. How are your properties? How are your things? It is also focused on your ability to build something up from the ground. What are you building upon that needs your daily sometimes hard work? What can you do bit by bit? How can you be the tortoise and win the race?
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
11/8: Mercury in Scorpio
11/8: Mars/Saturn: Actions are thwarted. Focus feels rushed.
11/9: Venus/Jupiter: Indulgence, extravagance, resources feel stretched. Parties are too big.
11/10: Mars/Pluto. Cold War versus Big Boom. People imploding or perhaps a monster evolution.
November 10, 2014
9:30 pm EDT
Disseminating Moon Phase
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your feelings? How are you sharing your family? How are you sharing your coziness? Who is sharing with you and what are you learning from them? How are people coming to you to learn about feelings and emotions? What are you learning about food?
11/11: Mercury/Neptune: Inspired thinking and communications. Writing elevated.
11/12: Venus/Saturn: Love feels cold. Creativity needs to be concrete. Or why bother?
11/12: Mars/Uranus: Rough. Explosive. Cold, tough, Argumentative, Disruption. Surrender or evolve.
11/13: Sun/Jupiter: Power versus Ego. Push meets big shove. Espionage vs Brute Force.
Last Quarter Moon Phase
3:12 pm EDT
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions can you take that speak to your self-esteem? What actions can you take that make you feel good with pride and support the seeds you planted on new moon? Where are you using strength and courage?
11/16: Neptune turns direct 2:05am est (See Above)
11/16: Mercury/Pluto: Thoughts and communication are overhauled.
11/16 Venus in Sagittarius
11/18: Sun/Saturn: Responsibilities. Duty. Focused. Will power. Do the right thing.
11/18: Venus/Mars. Love versus Action. Stress. Values feel tweaked. Actions feel out of sync with heart.
11/18: Sun/Pluto. Power vs empowerment. Controlling. Rigidity. Versus Overhaul.
Balsamic Moon Phase
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our relationships. We release our co-dependency. We release our wishy washy-ness. We release our flakeyness.
11/20: Venus/Neptune. Illusion. Lies. Deceipt. Around Love and Money. Fear.
11/22 Sun enters Sagittarius .
SAGITTARIUS NEW MOON 11/22 4:38AM EST
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook