New Moon Articles by Tracy
Capricorn New Moon 2014
CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2014
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 28-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? We are going to be very practical about burning off Karma debt and for that we should be grateful.
CAPRICORN NEW MOON
January 1 2014
10 Capricorn 57
10-11 degree of Capricorn
A Large Group Of Pheasant On A Private Estate
New Moon New Year
I can’t remember the last time Capricorn New Moon took place on January 1. I’m sure it has happened in my lifetime, I just can’t remember. But it certainly is an auspicious date for a New Moon. It is also worth noting that it is a Supermoon as coined by Richard Nolle. Supermoons are basically a new or full moons closest to Earth. http://www.astropro.com/features/tables/cen21ce/suprmoon.html
The tides will be extreme --the highs super high and the lows super low. If you live on a fault zone, superglue the things you don’t want to break since Nolle finds a connection to earthquake activity and Supermoons. We will have another Supermoon on January 30th with the Aquarius New Moon. So, we are put on notice that the first two moons of 2014 mean business.
Those of us who have been paying attention know that in the fall of 2008 Pluto went into Capricorn—it was then the bottom dropped out of the world’s economy. We continue to slog through Pluto’s trek but the Capricorn energy is all up our grill. Corporations, corporate banking, institutions, big government, big politics --this is Capricorn. Beating out a successful career, coming up with something that the world wants, producing events, products or endeavors is Capricorn. What Capricorn energy is not is fuzzy, wasteful, warm and cozy. It is none of that, Capricorn is practical with a capital P.
On this Capricorn New Moon the Sun & Moon are right on top of intense Pluto along with Mercury. For twenty-eight days, the pressure to be practical will be huge. I wish I owned stock in the Container Store. People will be clearing out junk (Pluto) like there is no tomorrow, people will have intense conversations that are not soft and easy but focused on realistic (Mercury) goals or real-world situations.
Where are we going to be practical? Good question. Let’s continue.
The New Moon chart has Sun/Moon/Mercury & Pluto in Capricorn getting a square from Uranus and a square from Mars and an opposition from Jupiter. Those aspects are no day at the fair. We started talking about these grand crosses last year and as I indicated the aspects will be slogging it out all winter and early spring. By the time we get to May we will be past a lot of the hurdles but between now and then we will all have moments when we feel like we are in a wringer. Or more specific we will burn off some Karma.
This particular New Moon is activated by the outer planet aspects more than other new moons. Not sure why we had to begin the year with such a pronounced lesson but so be it. Those people in the United States who lost unemployment benefits last week are feeling Uranus and Pluto square. Those travelers at the Russian train station and metro stop that was bombed this weekend also felt Uranus, Pluto and Mars.
This Capricorn lunar cycle will be a wonderful (yes, I’m using that word) opportunity for us to see where we need to make cuts (Mars), ditch old stuff (Pluto), stretch our emotions (Jupiter) and change self (Uranus in Aries). But let’s face it, people are lazy and need to be pushed to make changes. So expect some pushes from the Universe that will ‘help’ us make changes. Or as we say in the metaphysical world, “If you don’t make the changes, then the Universe will.“
So, who is going to feel this tension?
If you have any planets between 10-13 degrees of a cardinal sign (Aries, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn) you are already feeling the tension and yes, you are being called up into service. I’m sure you are getting slapped around and know you need to fix stuff right away. And the rest of us are not immune to the tension from these planets. During this lunar cycle we will feels the strains and pressures.
How is it playing out? Ah, back to that question again.
Pluto in Capricorn getting these squares from Uranus has been the greatest karma equalizer since the 1930’s and the 1960’s. In the 1930’s the Depression was hanging over the world while dictators and the like were forming their solutions. Hitler, Mussolini, Hirohito, Stalin, need I go on? And in the 1960’s we had hippies, drugs, freedom (sort of) and civil rights. Now this time with Uranus in THE most personal sign of Aries, we are looking for our own freedom. And if we have karmic ties that keeps us in bondage now would be the time to release them.
The tension of this Capricorn lunar cycle with a Sun/Moon/Mercury/ Pluto square Uranus, Oppose Jupiter, Square Mars will be pushing all of us ----
These are some of the questions that could come up this cycle:
Uranus in Aries
How am I independent?
How am I still co-dependent?
How do I still follow others and not take my own lead?
How am I still scared to break free?
What new path is in front of me but I am too effin’ scared to take it?
What message did I say to God before I was born to keep me trapped this lifetime? Hint, it looked something like this: “God, I feel guilty about ____ so please keep me small and over attached so I stay –small. “ ---- You may realize this cycle that you are tired of that message that you made to Spirit and are now ready to burn off the karma.
Jupiter in Cancer
How are my emotions too big?
Where am I hanging on to family too tight?
How am I too sentimental?
How am I too melancholy?
How am I nursing my wounds too much?
Where are my emotions too childlike?
Where am I way too snappy?
Going back to that conversation with God ask about the relationship you set up before you were born with family. Why did you choose these people in your family to incarnate? What lesson(s) did you learn? Are you done learning the lesson? Great, release it now.
Mars in Libra
What relationship has too much power over me?
am I giving up too much control?
Why is it easier for me to be angry at a relationship than let it go?
What would it look like if I stopped being at war with ____?
Why do I think I have to fight for everything?
What message did I say to God before I was born to keep me stuck? Hint it looked something like that, “God, it is better to have a really beaten down lame relationship with _____than no relationship at all.” Or “God, I’m so scared by my previous lifetimes when I was in bad relationships and I gave them all the power and they abused me so I will be in no relationship this lifetime.”
So, now how about taking responsibility and saying this, “God, I played the victim or the villain in so many lifetimes—and right now I am stuck BUT I’m willing to shift my energy right this second and have only healthy relationships. Not just husband and wife relationships but ALL relationships."
Pluto in Capricorn
Where am I stuck?
Where am I a scared snob?
What gift is deep inside of me?
What diamond is inside me that right now looks like a piece of coal?
What coal needs a little pressure and polishing?
Where am I not leading an authentic life?
What is the true me when I’m not afraid?
What message did I say to God before I was born to keep me stuck? Hint: it looked something like, “God, when I am really authentic no one will love me so this lifetime I am going to be overly small/lame/judgmental/knowitall/stupid/passive/aggressive anything I can be to keep from being authentic. Because if I’m authentic people leave me." How is that working out for you? Are you ready to let it go?
That is a tidbit of the energy that is going on out there for the next few months and certainly during these next 28 days.
Is every day going to be skank? No, of course not. But stuff will come up that will rub you raw and as much as you want to respond the way you always do it---I invite you to get very Capricorn practical and respond in a new way. Remember, Capricorn is one of THE most resourceful signs of the zodiac. Find a new way to approach an old issue. It is time.
One last thing, Venus continues to be retrograde during this whole 28 day cycle. Perhaps we need the tension and pressure of this cycle to help us refine what we love and what we value and find our own value. It will turn direct on the next new moon. Use this cycle to fully prepare you for Aquarius New Moon.
In conclusion: Any rough stuff that comes up this cycle will not be the end of us. We will all find something positive from this time period. We will come out of it more polished and practical about our life and our place in the world.
See you in Aquarius and don't forget to check out my blog during the month for other updates.
CAPRICORN New Moon
January 1 6:14am EST
10 Capricorn 57
The 8 phases
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Where do you need to be sober? Where do you need cold reality? What are you doing to make your life more productive? What are you producing? How are you burning off karma debt?
1/1 Sun /Pluto Focused goals. Drilling deep in the psyche. What is practical?
1/ 2 Sun/ Mars. Conserving versus relating. Relationships seem too complicated. Goals seem too cold.
1/ 2 Mercury/Jupiter. Big talk. Big loud talk. Too many opinions. Overwhelmed thinking.
Crescent Moon Phase
January 4 2014
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What information are you learning about your groups? What are you learning about your tribe? When you are in drive and consider your position in the greater world---how does it work with your circle of peep? Are you with the people who have the same drive as you? Why or why not?
1/5 Sun/Jupiter: Family feels loud and noisy. Business feels cold and detached. Finding balance between both worlds is challenging.
1/ 6 Mercury/Saturn. Mental acumen supports building resources. Great for taxes, loans etc.
1/7: Mercury/ Venus. Fun. Live wire time. Great connections, conversations, good money aspect. Great love aspect.
First Quarter Moon
10:39 PM EST
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that support you breaking out? Your goals and your visions of you in the greater world need your energy. What does it look like? Watch and see what comes up this three day cycle that speaks to you getting your energy up. Watch what makes you angry. You can be pissed or use it to make some real changes.
1/8: Sun/Neptune. Feeling a bit at a loss. A level of fuzziness pushes us to rely on intuition.
1/8: Mars/Jupiter. Watch the fights with lovers. Watch the fights with family. Watch the fights between lovers and family. Watch how you take out your frustrations on your car and driving.
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What is going on with your siblings and or neighbors? How are you communicating? What does your goal and vision of you look like out there and how are communicating like the person you want to be?
1/11: Mercury in Aquarius.
1/11: Sun/Saturn: Get your practical on and make some money. Get your practical on and get some sex.
Full Moon Phase
25 Cancer 58
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
1/16 Venus/Mars: Where is your partner lazy? Where are you lazy? Where are you cold and like a machine? Where is your partner cold and like a machine? How is this all working?
How is your family working in your life? How do your business ideas work with your family life? Where do you go to find your ‘warm and cozy’? What do you do with your feelings? Are you sensitive or thick skinned? Does it work for you? How do you use emotions to get actions happening? Remember emotions is E-motion.
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
1/19: Sun in Aquarius. Do something spontaneous with your Aquarius friend for their birthday. Find some weird odd curious ‘underground’ thing to do with them. You’ll make their day.
Disseminating Moon Phase
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your discipline? How are you sharing with others your best habits? Are others sharing with you their best practices? Even if they don’t say it, are you observing habits in others that speak to you?
1/20: Mercury/Mars: Brain is in sync with actions. Actions are inspired and activate the brain.
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions can you take that are ‘black or white’? What actions can you take to cut out the dead? When you think about your place in the world and where you belong, what is holding you back? What can you cut? Where do you need death and rebirth?
Balsamic Moon Phase
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our crazy ‘bigness’. We release our philosophies, we release our judgments, we release our grandiose thinking or broad streaks.
1/29: Sun/Uranus: Breakthroughs with friends. Breakthroughs with groups. Moving out into a new space with a new energized group.
AQUARIUS NEW MOON JANUARY 30 4:38PM EST .
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook