New Moon Articles by Tracy
Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
LEO NEW MOON 2014
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? Aren’t you sick and tired of being small? Yeah, the Universe feels the same way about you staying small.
A Formally Dressed Elderly Man Stands Near Trophies He Brought Back From A Hunting Expedition
LEO NEW MOON
July 26, 2014
3 Leo 51
You know those scenes in movies where there has been a big fight, a real melee in an office, living room or a bar and you are not sure who has won? And then the story cuts to outside and we see the hero or heroine who is a bloody mess but alive and stumbling out the door. That is us. We are stumbling out the door. We have been in a fistfight for basically the last year having been punched, kicked, knifed by the cardinal crosses. Four planets doing battle is hard on the world and hard on us personally. And as of this writing (7/24) the crosses are going out with a bang, look no further than Malaysia Air and Gazza. I might add those two events have got Jupiter already out of cardinal Cancer but Mars does not leave Libra until the day before New Moon when FINALLY the compulsive warrior moves into Scorpio. Hurray!!
It is funny to be happy for a planet moving into Scorpio. You don’t usually hear people say that, but I think we are all so over the aggressive passive aggressiveness of Mars in Libra that we welcome the move into more laser cutting black and white Scorpio. And more to the point, Mars will only be in Scorpio until September 13 then it moves into Sagittarius. Six weeks in one sign versus seven months of Libra, what a difference!
It is remarkable that Mars is out of Libra the day before Leo New Moon. It is a gift from the Universe that we get some relief right in time for big ol’ party loving Leo. We deserve it. We are the hero and now we get the rewards of Leo.
Leo is the second fire sign of the zodiac. His flame burns strong and steady. The oven is ready for the pizza. The pot is ready for the pasta. The furnace is ready to heat cold rooms. I can keep the metaphors going but I think you get the point, we are ready for the power of flame.
Leo rules royalty, passion, theater, bravery, drama, creativity, play, lovers, sensuality, pleasure, parties and gambling. Leo puts a high premium on Loyalty. And Leo is outspoken (no kidding), generous, chivalrous and speaks from the HEART.
So, here we are. We have been dealing with our opinions (Jupiter) that may or may not have been serving us. We have been dealing with breakdowns and breakthroughs (Uranus) that we made or that the Universe made for us. We have been dealing with relationships that have felt like war (Mars) and we have been feeling deep inside us that something is ‘off’ and that we need to overhaul our life from the DNA out (Pluto). What do we do now?
We get Leo creative! We play. We take our bravery and tell the world—“I’m ______.” We don’t hide from our bigness we embrace it. Our bigness does not mean that we have to go on TV or Youtube. The bigness is what we feel in our heart. That we are living our life to the fullest. That we are loving big and being loved big. We are creative every day and every moment. That the lessons we learned in the last year mean it is time to live our real, true life and not the life that others think we should live. We can no longer be inauthentic. Leo New Moon is shining the spotlight on us. Hiders are not welcomed during this cycle.
On this New Moon, the Sun and Moon conjunct Jupiter in Leo. We are double downing in being BIG. You feel it. You know it. Something is growing in you. You are feeling the need to stretch. The old ways are not working. But also in this chart, the Sun/Moon/Jupiter are in square to Mars in Scorpio. As we discussed Mars and Jupiter have been digging in for a while but this time it is different. Now, they are pushing on each other from the Leo/Scorpio perspective. Leo says, “I am _____” and Scorpio says, “Great are you willing to die for _______?” It sounds dramatic but that is Leo.
What have you learned about yourself in the last year? Are you going to get laser (Mars in Scorpio) and cut out the stuff that you promised yourself for the last year that you would do? Are you going to go for the stuff that makes you excited to be alive (Jupiter in Leo)? This is not work for babies. This is the work of heroes. Are you channeling your inner hero or heroine?
During the next 29 days we will be challenged to go for our bigness.
Some of you might be saying, “That is great but I don’t know my bigness. What is it?”
Easy—go to the dark unprocessed side of Leo for the answers.
For the next 29 days if you are exaggerating —why? Why are you making something bigger than it needs to be? What insecurity is the exaggeration masking? And take a look at jealousy. If you are saying “So&So is jealous,” why? Sure some people are jealous but who cares? Do you need them to be jealous? Why is your focus on that? Or if you are picking at people who are in the limelight, why? Seriously, why do you care? And if you are thin skinned and see disloyalty everywhere you turn, why? Isn’t the most important loyalty for you to seek is the loyalty you have to self? And if you are complaining about a person in power at your job or your church or etc and you could do a better job, why aren’t you going for it? And of course if your ego is completely running the show and your self esteem is in the closet-- Remember:, low self esteem equals high ego. High self esteem equals low ego. We use the dark side of Leo to help us now where we need to get authentic, brave, daring, dramatic, bold, creative, life affirming and loving. Don’t you need that? I see you nodding.
We all need to go over that list for the next four weeks. Not to beat ourselves up but to remember, “oh, I’m being petty (Leo unprocessed) because it is easier to do that then to do the work I need to do to get the life I really want and deserve.
A couple of dates to watch as we get bold are August 1, which Mars squares with Jupiter is exact. Watch some news event where someone’s ego is completely unchecked. August 7, Finally Mars makes an aspect with someone new—It is Neptune. Spirituality and action are hand in hand. Putting Faith in action. And on August 15 Pluto makes a smaller but life affirming aspect with Pluto (haven’t had that for awhile). Our actions feel re-energized. A rebirth takes place.
In conclusion: Remember, we have just walked through a myriad of issues. And in our darkest moments we have had brilliant insights about what we want. Now on the other side are we ready to go for it? Are we ready to be big and live the big life we deserve? Yes we are!
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
July 26, 2014
3 Leo 51
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: How are you being big? How are you living a full, rich, dramatic bold life? How are you stretching? How are you being a big shot? How are you being out in front? And if not why not? Who exactly told you that being small or shy is helping you? Get over it, please.
7/27: Venus/Pluto. Love of power. Power of Love. Which is it? And how are you overhauling values?
Crescent Moon Phase
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning that speaks to your schedule? What are you learning that speaks to your daily habits? How are you learning about your skills? And your healthcare? What are you doing each day and does it support your bigness?
7/31: Mercury enters Leo. Oh, how we love Big TALK!
7/31: Venus/Uranus. Love is stressed. Values are twisted up. Emotions versus break through. Clinginess versus going it alone.
8/1: Venus/Saturn: Structuring love and values. Building up the things that are important. Hard work and love go hand in hand.
8/1: Mars/Jupiter: Righteousness. Warrior meets bigot. EGO troubles everywhere
8/2: Mercury/Jupiter: Oh, watch the exaggerations! If not yours than other people’s. Big lies will be told. Big Ego all over the place. Creativity can also be big!
8/2: Mercury/Mars. Watch out for the fighting words! Troublesome egos can upset the applecart.
First Quarter Moon
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take that speak to your death and rebirth? What are you letting die? To be the bigger you, something needs to go, what are you going to do to facilitate that release? What actions are you taking that address your joint resources?
8/7: Mars/Neptune: Actions based on spirit and higher ideals. Putting action and faith together. Idealism and actions move forward.
9:36 am EDT
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
We get another lunar cycle where we are refining our education. We are refining how we learn. We are refining how we expand and bring in something ‘foreign’. We are refining our judgments. We are refining how and when we choose to be righteous.
8/8: Sun/Mercury: Creativity and mental acumen are strong. Ego checks will be needed.
8/8: Mercury/Uranus: Creativity, breakthroughs. Individuality is welcomed.
8/8: Sun/Uranus: Breaking out. Feeling freedom. Moving out there. Seeing a place where you belong and going for it.
8/8: Mercury/Saturn: Cold water on thinking. Big ideas meet a big brick wall. Sour conversations.
8/9: Sun/Saturn: Obstacles feel overwhelming but tough hurdles make you a better technician. Refine your tactics.
Full Moon Phase
2:09 pm EDT
18 AQ 02
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Who are the groups of people that you associate? Are they in sync with the authentic you? Or were they once in sync but now no longer such a good fit? How are you using new technology to its fullest? How do you use cyber to find your “peeps”?
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
8/12: Venus enters Leo.
7:06 pm EDT
Disseminating Moon Phase
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your leadership? How are you sharing your inner warrior? How are you sharing your ability to go out alone? How are you sharing your break outs?
8/15: Mars/Pluto. Rebirth, re-energized. Our actions feels as if they are refreshed and have new access to empowerment.
8/15: Mercury enters Virgo
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions can you take that support concrete ways to build things? How are possessions supporting your ‘bigness’? What actions can you take that support your money, your properties and real estate?
8/17: Venus/Jupiter Big love, big spending, big values, big Bigness.
8/18: Mercury/Neptune. Illusions, delusions, crazy talk, crazy thoughts. Where is faith?
Balsamic Moon Phase
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our emotions. We release our neediness. We release our family. We release our cloyingness. We release our roots.
8/21: Mercury/Pluto: Thinking is overhauled. Speech is re-energized. Finding new thoughts. New resources are being figured out.
8/23: Mars trine Chiron: Healing actions. Even areas that might not have seemed to need healing.
VIRGO NEW MOON AUGUST 25th 2 VIRGO 19
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon (2017) : Act Like a Plumber!!
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Get Your Plumbers Butt On!
- scorpio New Moon: Get your Plumbers Butt on!
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook