New Moon Articles by Tracy
Gemini New Moon 2013
Gemini New Moon 2013
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 28-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? Be light, be bright and be curious. Keep the conversation elevated. Bring out your intellect every day and save your emotions for another time.
GEMINI NEW MOON
June 8, 11:56 am
18 Gemini 01
Sabian Symbol: A Large Archaic Volume Reveals A Traditional Wisdom
Sabian Symbol: http://www.amazon.com/Sabian-Symbols-Astrology-Symbol-Explained/dp/094335840X
New Moon Phase
How are you curious? Seriously, what makes you get up out of your chair and look out a window? What makes you walk across the street to check something out? What makes you call someone and ask them what is going on with ____? I will give you the answer. Mercury & Gemini.
Gemini and his ruling planet Mercury are curious. They ask a lot of questions. They wonder why. Mercury is of course the messenger planet. He moves fast. He zooms from one place to another, bringing information. He takes data from one place and brings it to another place to effect change. Some times that change is for the good….sometimes for the not-so-good. Gemini rules neighbors and siblings which makes sense since they are usually the first people we share information with, the sister in the room down the hall, the neighbor across the street. We learn our communication from our world close around us.
Gemini is the first air sign of the zodiac. Air is vital, not just because we need it to breathe but also because it clears out the yuck. Hot humid days can change with one cool breeze. Living in Los Angeles I have experienced plenty of smoggy, hot days then when the wind shifts and a cool ocean breeze blows in, well, I assure you everyone feels lighter. Gemini can lighten up any room. This is a gift.
Wind also moves vitality from one place to another. Seeds from flowers, trees and plants will blow in the wind. A fig tree grows on a hill then another fig tree shows up half mile away all because at some point in time a wind picked up a seed from the tree on the hill and carried it to a new spot. Sharing data or new ideas that often-later sprout into something vital is perfect Gemini and is a gift.
Gemini rules journalism, newspapers, articles, short stories, conversations and communication in general. Again, it is all about mixing it up. Getting stories out there that entertain but also inform. Gemini is a nexus of information. They bring out dialogues and conversations. This is a gift.
Every sign has its defects and with Gemini they can be shallow and snappy and lie. They get frustrated by anyone who appears dull. And their tongue is sharp. So sharp is a Gemini comment that they have no idea what kind of impact their jab has made on someone. Many a Gemini has made a flippant remark and is later surprised when the recipient of the barb dumps them. And then what does Gemini do? They walk off confused or they pretend nothing has happened and try to get the person to talk to them again. Gemini hates closed doors. Gift or not a gift? You decide.
Gemini is smart. No scratch that. Gemini is super smart. Their brains are always on. They are thinking about things that the rest of us would never think about in a million years. The light bulb is always on. Of course, god help us if we should talk about something that they find boring, they won’t think twice about walking away. And of course god help the world if they are bored. That is when the lying starts and the gossip rolls out. Yi, yi, yi.
Yes, all that yucky stuff is annoying about Gemini. But I promise, you Gemini is very, very funny. Their wit is legendary. When you are down, call a Gemini. They will make you laugh. They are usually good for a story to shift your mood. When you need a clever solution to a problem, call a Gemini. When you need to get the word out, call a Gemini. When you need something written that is sharp and clever call a Gemini. When you need someone to come in who is not emotional but highly intellectual who will use reason….call a Gemini. These are gifts.
The next twenty eight days will bring out our intellect. We won’t be so emotional but our brains will be on. We will be racing figuratively and literally. We will be zooming. Energy will come in and go out so quickly our brains will barely have time to assimilate the data. But we will get what we need. In April and May we had three eclipses. Lord knows eclipses bring out emotions. Now we are rewarded with a month of little emotion. Huh? How is that possible? That is the beauty of Gemini. We get to be thinking about stuff but not have our emotions slay us. We will be light, we will be breezy, we may have a sharp tongue now and then, but we also will lift the energy. We will hear information that might be helpful for someone else and like a breeze carrying a seed we may plant something that later sprouts into something vital.
On this New Moon the Sun & Moon are in conjunction with Jupiter, which means the Gemini Energy will be BIG. A whirlwind of information will be coming at us fast for the next 28 days. Lots and lots of data. Lots of thoughts, lots of questions. We will be wondering why? At least we better be wondering. If we’re not, we are missing a great opportunity. Some of us could get lost in gossip or shallow endeavors. Instead try to make the most of Jupiter and be BIG. Jupiter has been in Gemini for about a year. And I don’t’ think it is an accident that Jupiter will leave Gemini for Cancer during the Gemini Lunar Cycle. It will not be back to Gemini for 12 years. It is almost like the Universe is giving us one more chance to get our curiosity piqued. Do not be afraid to question. For 28 days if something crosses your mind and you wonder ‘hmmm why?’ I would explore it. After all when Jupiter moves out of airy Gemini and into watery Cancer we will begin an entirely different journey. So, enjoy this intellectual period---in fact run with it for the next 28 days.
Mercury turns retrograde
June 26, 9:08am
Speaking of The Universe and its remarkable ways, as I mentioned, Gemini’s ruling planet is Mercury. And Mercury will be turning Retrograde on June 26 (9:08 am edt) at 24 degrees Cancer. It will remain retrograde until July 20. I find the Mercury retrogrades in the Gemini lunar cycles to be a bitch. Not because the missed appointments, the confused conversations, the screwed up stuff, even the broken computer, yes, they are all lame but what is really annoying is the noise around it. We will hear a lot of griping. Especially with Mercury in Cancer, I have a moon in Cancer so I know this one intimately, Cancer can be a griper maybe not to the world but definitely to family. Families will be bitching at us, our loved ones will be bitching. Even though we are in a very intellectual lunar cycle our emotions will start to get stretched once Mercury retrogrades. But again, it should not slay us. Here is a little help. If you are feeling like everything is effed up for three weeks, slow down. Stop moving so fast. What are you running from anyway? What do you fear? Cancer is always looking to hide in his shell. Maybe a little hiding is not a bad thing. Go in the shell and get cozy. Shut the curtains and watch a ton of movies. Then come out and you will be ready to lift the energy again.
Jupiter moves into Cancer
June 25, 9:40pm EDT
In many ways, Jupiter is uncomfortable in Gemini. Jupiter is large and full of big opinions. Jupiter likes to fly 30 thousand feet above, but Gemini likes to be in the nitty gritty. He likes to be down with the people. This is where he gets his curiosity piqued. Being high on platitudes or philosophical is boring to Gemini. And Gemini is loath to go out on limb with too many opinions, which Jupiter demands. After all, Gemini knows better than anyone, ‘opinions are subject to change.” Jupiter changes sign once a year and for the last year we have been experiencing Jupiter in Gemini. And have you seen how media has gotten stuff wrong? How about all the yellow journalism? How about the early hours after the Boston bombing when various blogs and online newspapers were identifying innocent people as the bombers? God knows the confusion out of Washington has not been pretty for the last year and during the campaign. The lies by both parties was perfectly Gemini. Clearly they were saying to everyone what they wanted to hear. And now as we wrap up Jupiter in Gemini we learn about the NSA doing surveillance on everyone’s phone calls and emails. And I’m not sure anyone even cares--- Ah perfectly Gemini. But on June 25th, Jupiter will move into Cancer for a different experience. The last time Jupiter was in Cancer was July 2001 through June 2002. I remember it well since it changed signs on the day my son was born! Of course Cancer is emotional and speaks to our family and the things we keep close to our heart. Jupiter in Cancer wants to be cozy in a big way. Jupiter in Cancer brings out our soft and tender. It is the part of us that looks at another human and says, “Hey, I’m human, too.” We will look for places to hide and we’ll want to be with people who feel like a family. It will be an interesting time because we will want to retreat not just to hide but also to harness our emotions. During the next year that Jupiter is in Cancer we will get a trine with Saturn and a trine with Neptune. There will be some nice perks in the summer. More on that next month.
Saturn turns direct
July 8 1:12am 4 Scorpio 49
Saturn is in Scorpio between the years 2012-2015 and for the last four months it has been retrograde. Now on the last day of the Gemini lunar cycle where our brains are engaged, yes it is balsamic but they are still engaged Saturn turns direct in Scorpio at around 5 degrees. Saturn in Scorpio has been helping us structure our power. We are building upon stuff that works and we are ditching the stuff that doesn’t work. And our minds are probably tired since we are finishing up the retrograde but whether we know it or not on this is what we have learned during the last six month: “Everything has to be worth the real estate that it takes in my space, in my heart or in my mind---or I gotta dump it.”
Mull that one and see if it is not true. I anticipate even more dumping between now and next year when Saturn goes on its next retrograde.
Be light, be breezy, watch what blows into your world. Be curious. Don’t be afraid to ask “why”. Don’t be afraid to be curious. You have no idea where your curiosity will take you. I predict some place important.
The 8 phases
New Moon Phase
June 8, 11:56am EDT
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: How are you communicating? How are you spreading information? How are you taking a great idea and planting it somewhere? Perhaps somewhere new. What is going on with your neighbors and your siblings? How do you fit within your world and what changes are you making?
6/11 Venus/Pluto: Money/Love in opposition to Power.
6/11: Sun/Neptune: inspired, building success on dreams spiritually inspired
Crescent Moon Phase
June 12, 2013
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What information are you learning about your pride? What about your strength and self-confidence? What is drama telling you? What are you learning about theater or theatrics? How about bragging? What are information are you getting that strengthens your back and making you stand up right? Not just metaphorically but also physically?
6/12: Venus/Uranus: chaos around love and money. Values feel tweaked.
First Quarter Moon
June 16, 1:23pm EDT
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that speak to partnerships? How are you cooperating with others by putting “self” second? What do others have to offer? How can you lean back and let others do their share? What actions can you take have you step up if you have been holding back? What actions are taking that speaking to balance?
6/17:Mars/Uranus: Creative, daring actions, dynamic movements. Breaking free.
6/19: Sun/Jupiter. Everything feels big. Watch the gossip. Watch the negative spinners. Who are you talking to today? What exactly are they saying? If it isn’t elevated---why are engaging them? What is your part?
June 20 2:27 am EDT
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
How are you being clever about your investments? How are you being clever about sex? How are you deepening areas of your life that have previously been shallow? Where are you using your intellect to process resentments? How are you being smart about purging?
6/20:Mercury/Venus: Values are supported by cleverness. Love, gentle, f un conversations.
6/21: Sun enters Cancer. Get a couple of friends and take your Cancer friend out for lunch. Keep it small and cozy.
Full Moon Phase
June 23 7:32am EDT
2 Capricorn 10
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: What will it take for you to find your inner CEO? Seriously, inside you is an efficient executive who keeps their emotions in check and is practical and makes smart decisions that benefit the bigger goal. That person inside you does not get emotional letting small things get in the way of the big picture. This is the full moon to find that CEO. Ready or not your CEO will be showing up in the next three days.
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
6/25: Jupiter in Cancer (See above)
6/26: Mercury turns retrograde (see above) 23 cancer 07 until July 20.
Disseminating Moon Phase
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are sharing your friends? How are you sharing the intellect of your group? What are you learning from others about friendship? What are you learning from others that speak to the importance of being with like-minded people who raise your consciousness? How do you bond with others? Is it over shared negativity or positive discussions?
6/27: Venus in Leo http://www.stariq.com/pagetemplate/t1.asp?pageid=1089
Last Quarter Moon Phase
June 30, 2013
12:53 am EDT
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
Focus on: What actions can you take that speak to your need to break out? Your need to be number one? What action can you take to improve your communications as a leader? How can you get out there and carve your own way?
7/1: Venus/Saturn: Tough love day. Tough love money day. A day that feels harsh. But perhaps we learn from the harshness?
7/1: Sun/Pluto: Emotions are pulled. Purging out the debris both physical and emotions. Family gets an overhaul.
Balsamic Moon Phase
July 4 12:01am EDT
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our stubbornness. We release our rigidity. We release our laziness. We release our ‘stuckness’.
7/4:Sun/Uranus: Unrest. Rebellious behavior. Unusual. Erratic.
7/7: Venus/Uranus: Highly Creative, dynamic, driven for art and drama, creative breakthroughs.
7/8: July 8 Saturn turns direct (see above) 4 Scorpio 49
CANCER NEW MOON July 8 1:11am EDT
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook