New Moon Articles by Tracy
Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
SCORPIO NEW MOON 2012
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 28 day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, Astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? Commitment to vitality is easy to say but how do you actually do the work? If you have been unsure this is the 28 day cycle where you mean business. You deserve to be alive with a long future and now you are willing to commit.
SCORPIO NEW MOON
New Moon Phase
21 Scorpio 57
2º Scorpio (232): HUNTERS SHOOTING WILD DUCKS.
SCORPIO NEW MOON
Let’s get our Morph on
First of all, you know Scorpios. We all know Scorpios. Do they do anything half measured? Do they just float through life without much direction or purpose? Do they look for things that are in the middle? Because you truly do know Scorpios the answer you just screamed out was “NO!” And you are correct. They are either all in or not in at all.
Scorpio is intense. It likes black and white it does not like grey. It likes short it likes tall it does not like middle. It longs for empowerment and will seek power. It seeks death in order to reborn. It is perhaps the bravest sign in the zodiac because when other people talk about doing stuff or think out loud about this or that, it is Scorpio that suits up and does it. They are natural generals. They are natural lawyers (in particular criminal lawyers). They are natural mobsters. But that stuff is old news. What about 21st century Scorpio energy? Their mood swings can be great but thankfully God created Prozac and the like. The internet gets them in trouble because they have so much power at the ends of their fingers. Don’t believe me? Ask General Petraeus who is a married Scorpio, has a Scorpio girlfriend and somewhere in that mess someone sent a harassing email to some woman knows Petraeus. She reaches out to the FBI, a Scorpio business and they track down the emails to Petraeus and his girlfriend and just as our heads are starting to split with way too much information, Petraeus, resigns from CIA the top Scorpio business. Wow. Where to begin?
Besides the intrigue, sex and power and all the other stuff that makes Scorpio go bump in the night, let us remember that the basic tenants of Scorpio is the following: They are disciplined, focused, committed, passionate and put everything on the line. They simply cannot wake up with themselves in the morning if they have done anything half assed especially on subjects they deem important.
Scorpio is directly related to our DNA, it is the part of us that connects us to our history and our future even the future after we are gone. What moves us on a cellular level? How does it connect to our life force? How are we accessing it? Why or why not are we accessing it?
Obviously, children are a way to leave our mark on the world but so is creating art or a company or constructing a building or designing a successful program at a school or lobbying for a change in a law or choosing to not give up a seat on a bus simply because you are black and a white man wants to sit there. All of these can speak to the future and leave a mark. All of them need passion and commitment.
The yucky side of Scorpio is legendary. Addictions, jealousy, envy, controlling, emotions so charged they can top out at maniacal. But all of that yucky stuff is rooted in one thing, insecurity. Lord spare us insecure Scorpios. Probably no other sign needs good parents more than Scorpions. Parents who don’t imprint their own insecurities on their children because little Scorpios will pick up on those fears and make it their own issues. Rather, parenting a Scorpio should be more about showing them how to empower themselves. How to let go and move on. How to process their strong emotions but not hang on to them. How to be comfortable in their own skin.
Luckily, the more and more secure a Scorpio becomes the more they let go the need to control. They let go of envy and jealousy and relish their position in the world and their position in their own body. They enjoy the process of morphing.
During these 28 days we can take notes from secure Scorpio and process our own metamorphosis. And more importantly we relish the changes.
Solar Eclipse --Supermoon
This New Moon is a solar eclipse and is identified as a SuperMoon which means it is both perigree (close to earth) and sygzy (lines up with nodes) and according to Richard Nolle who is the astrologer who coined the expression SuperMoons he has determined that there are more earthquakes, volcanoes and other natural disasters around Supermoons. Curiously, there have been several large earthquakes around this moon so far. Visibly, this particular lunar eclipse will beseen in the southern hemisphere. Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific are in the zone. You can read more at Richared Nolle’s website found here:
So beyond perigree and sygzy what does this solar eclipse mean to us?
If there is a part of our life that needs discipline and focus and commitment then this 28 day cycle we can jump in and mean business. We could feel compelled to drop the dithering and get on with it. This is classic cycle to ‘fish or cut bait.” We’ll be cutting a lot of bait or maybe we’ll be cut? Whatever it is we should not be scared of the change. Change and evolution is vital to Scorpio and if change comes up now (even unexpected change) consider it important to our evolving.
Or if we feel that there is a life force inside of us that has not been accessed now would be a time to connect to it. Perhaps there is a creative project that has felt out of reach now would be the time to give it a shot. Or maybe it is simply a time when we say ‘enough’ and it takes more courage than we realized, but it is about our life force and now by saying “NO” we are giving our future a real shot.
Thinking and Talking
On this chart the Sun and Moon are in conjunction with Mercury. Mercury is how we think and how we communicate even when retrograde like it is now. On one hand our thoughts may be fuzzy and not clear but on the other hand it is important and should not be ignored. Perhaps the fuzzy part is speaking to our power. Where are we lacking power? Where are we feeling impotent? Or where are we hanging on to waste and debris thinking instead of letting go? It is helpful to know that Scorpio rules plumbing, so if some of us are feeling impotent or lacking vitality how do we need to re-plumb our thinking?
One of the first rules of plumbing is to make sure the pipe that takes out the waste is not confused with the pipe that brings in the fresh. Have you got your pipes confused? Is there something that brings you joy and invigorates you but you shun it because of fear? Not sure? Where are you tied up tight inside? Where are you in knots? Where are you guilty? Where are you jealous or envious? Where are you desperate? How are you trying to control everything ‘just right’ in order to maintain something that is really not working? Not sure? Take this 28 day cycle to ask friends or loved ones, they can help you re-plumb your thinking. And by the way, the first sign that they are correct in their assessments is your level of defense. If you get defensive they are probably hitting the nail on the head. Bingo, take note.
In addition to Mercury conjunct Sun and Moon it is also square Neptune. Neptune brings a lot of smoke and mirrors to the party and so the first thing to go out the window with all that distraction is TRUTH. But even if all us find out someone has been lying none of us will probably be totally surprised. Remember Neptune does speak to us on other levels. Maybe we have a gut feeling about something. Maybe we intuitively knew something. We may learn more about the subterfuge after Mercury turns direct.
Mercury turns direct on November 26 (5:48pm EST). As one who has already spilled tea on my new computer (argh!) during the retrograde, I will be very happy to have Mercury station direct. Let’s us use the rest of the retrograde to help us find our vitality, our power, our empowerment. Let us take the retrograde to rethink our need to hold on to things that have long outgrown their usefulness and let us rethink our ability to commit on the long haul to things that empower us.
It is also important to remember that Scorpio rules sex, taxes, investments, legal entanglements. Many of us will be thinking and researching how we want to invest our money or if the investments we currently have are doing all that they can do for us. We will be thinking about our sex life and if it is all that we want? How are our taxes? How are our lawsuits? For the average citizen, crime is not something that is even on their wave length but it is worth noting that Scorpio does rule criminal action so we should expect to see some big crime in the news during this cycle. Maybe sex and crime. How curious that the Petraeus affair happened just before the New Moon, we should expect more information on that situation and probably some new fresh event to catch our attention before and after the mercury retrograde.
In the meantime, let’s just remember to not sign any important documents, keep our powder dry and spend the retrograde retooling our thoughts and researching our future. Every day ask, “How can I empower myself?” See what comes up and you may be surprised by the time Mercury turns direct that you do, indeed feel more powerful.
Mars, the warrior for what?
Mars is also influencing us these 28 days. On the New Moon chart, Mars is in sextile with Neptune then on November 17 a few days after the new moon the aspect will be exact. Neptune and Mars make strange bedfellows. Mars shoots straight but Neptune likes to bend and dissolve things. The sextile is a positive aspect so we should expect that Mars will energize us to do something and then just as we are ready to move on it we get some feeling to do it a bit differently. We will still do the action it will just be bent a bit. Neptune rules things that are spiritual and or religious, prayer before action will be highlighted. Not out of fear but more because we want to connect to spirit because we trust God and or the Universe. How about that? Yes, Virginia, ‘trust’ does make sense in Scorpio cycle. So does gratitude with Neptune in play.
As the cycle progresses we will get another important wave of Mars energy when on November 26, Mars conjuncts Pluto in Capricorn. The last time these two were on top of each other was in December of 2008. Globally, if we need a visual that speaks to this energy that was the month when Bernie Madoff was indicted. It is hard to imagine these two planets revisiting each other again where we don’t learn of some corruption. Something yucky will certainly be exposed. Mars is the god of action, Pluto is the god of the underworld and mass power, and Capricorn is the sign of big business & big government so probably an executive or politician who is corrupt will be exposed. Personally, many of us will have a call back to that period. Maybe we are doing things that we have not done since then but it feels different. Perhaps we are more seasoned and more mature about it all. How Capricorn of us.
In conclusion: This is a terrific cycle to stand up and tell God or the Universe that your vitality is important to you. That you deserve to be on this planet and live an enriched empowering life. What secrets (Scorpio word) are you using to keep you small? Be put on notice those secrets are not stronger than the truth inside you which KNOWs you deserve more. Great, now would be the time to suit up and commit.
The 8 phases
New Moon Phase
November 13, 2012
5:08 pm EST
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: Where do you need to knock off the nonsense? Where do you need to just commit? Where do you need to be like a warrior and be focused and discipline? How would it feel to stop the dithering?
11/13: Mercury square Neptune: Fuzzy thinking, detachment from goals.
11/14: Mercury while retrograde moves back into Scorpio http://www.alwaysastrology.com/mercury-in-scorpio.html
11/16: Mars in Capricorn http://www.alwaysastrology.com/mars-in-capricorn.html
Crescent Moon Phase
November 16 10:07pm EST
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What information are you receiving that speaks to your high ideals? What are you learning that can help your career? Generally speaking what are you learning about your career choice? What is speaking to your executive abilities?
11/17: mars sextile Neptune: inspired actions. Actions directed by intuition and or spirit
11/17: Sun conjunction Mars: Energy that propels death so that there can be rebirth.
First Quarter Moon
November 20, 9:31am EST
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take that engage you within a group? What actions can you take that join you with like minded others? What actions can you do that are unique? How can you be more innovative in your actions?
11/21: Sun in Sagittarius – a friendly email and maybe a glass of wine in 2013 is all your Sag friend needs
11/21: Venus in Scorpio http://astrology.about.com/od/venus/p/VenusScorpio.htm
11/22: Happy Thanksgiving Day
11/22: Sun Square Neptune: Purpose that is confused. Vitality feels cut off. Dismissing and dismissed.
11/22: Venus trine Neptune: When all else fails, use gentleness and you’ll inspire yourself and others.
11/23:Mars square Uranus: Yikes. Sharp elbows poke everyone. Try to avoid skirmishes.
November 24 6:36am
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
Focus on: What are you refining that speaks to your need to break free and go your own way? What are you bumping into right now? Is it people? Is it money stuff? Is it relationship stuff? Is it philosophies? Whatever it is—how does it tell you that it is time for a new approach or a new beginning?
11/24: Mars sextile Saturn. Hard work brings real results. Things that matter deserve focused actions.
11/26: Mercury turns direct. 5:48 pm EST Thank the lord that is over.
11/26: Sun trine Uranus. Brilliance rules the day. Creative breakthroughs excel.
11/26:Venus conjuct Saturn: Love and responsibility work hand and hand. Good money day.
11/27: Mars conjunct Pluto. The general meets the war lord. An empowering day to cut out the riff raff and realize or do legitimate work towards goals that transforms us from out toes to our hair.
Full Moon Phase/ Lunar Eclipse
November 28 9:45am EST
06 Gemini 47
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Communication is ethereal. Our thoughts are a bit dazed. Our brains are speedy but they seem like they are on weed or at the very least distracted. What information are we getting that speaks to letting go and being reborn?
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
11/29: Venus sextile Pluto: Love guides transformation. Money and Love evolve.
Disseminating Moon Phase
December 2 12:58PM
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: What knowledge can be shared with you that supports your family? What about a therapist how would that help your family? What insight is someone sharing that speaks to your emotions?
12/2: Sun opposition Jupiter: Big thoughts, big rhetoric, big opinions, big exaggeration big brains rule.
Last Quarter Moon Phase
December 6 7:35pm EST
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that answer the question: “Where do I need to fish or cut bait?” Where is my schedule so cuckoo I need to rethink my commitments? What actions can I do that release crazy schedule stuff?
Balsamic Moon Phase
December 9 10:35pm EST
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release being secretive, vengeful and jealous. We give up controlling thoughts and actions. We release the stuff that is hard to release in order to release the stuff we want to release.
12/10: Mercury in Sagittarius. http://www.alwaysastrology.com/mercury-in-sagittarius.html
12/11: Mercury square Neptune: Fuzzy thinking that is depressing.
SAG NEW MOON DECEMBER 13 3:41 AM 21 SAG 45
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook