New Moon Articles by Tracy
Aquarius New Moon 2018: Friends & Communities
Aquarius NEW MOON 2018
By Tracy Cook
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? As much as you think you are alone…you are not. This is the cycle to coax yourself from your rigid beliefs that you are born alone and die alone into a whole new world. There is a lot more for you out there---but it us up to you to make the move.
A Tree Felled And Sawed To Ensure A Supply Of Wood For The Winter
Aquarius New Moon
Partial Solar Eclipse
February 15, 2018
27 Aquarius 07
Happy Chinese New Year. Year of the Dog—element in 2018 is Earth. For more on Earth Dog Year---go here:
Friendships & Community
So, on a scale of 1 – 10 how do you value friendships and community? Is it low? Is it high? During the Aquarius New Moon and 29 day lunar cycle we can assess the value of friendships, community and the knowledge that comes from working in groups, friendships and the creativity born from those groups.
In writings as old as the bible and as fresh as today’s tweet, you will see virtues bestowed on family and marriage. And in 21st century there are endless merits to this job or that career and of course the value of money. Somewhere lower on the social scale you will find friendship and community. I get it. It is easy to love your spouse or your child. It is easy to value money because we need it for almost everything. But how do you value friendships? Or is it the other thing on the plate next to the meat and potatoes like parsley? Have you marginalized friendships because it is not a spouse? Or and this, too, can be a case, maybe you have put friendships before your marriage and family? Or maybe your tribe of co- workers, your tribe of sports fans, your tribe of FB friends, or your tribe of fellow golfers or knitters is more important than family or spouse or career? Or the opposite might be in effect where you don’t know the value of like- minded tribe. Perhaps you are lonely for the shared experience where you walk into a room and a group of people are happy to see you and together you talk in an immediate short hand because you ‘get’ each other. During the 29 days of the Aquarian lunar cycle we will be processing our relationship with tribes and friends and community. Where are we on all of that information?
The Aquarius Background
There are twelve signs of the zodiac and each sign represents some part of the human experience. For example, Cancer – Food, Leo – love & drama, Taurus – properties & money, Virgo – healthy and hygiene--- and so on and so on, through all 12 signs. When we get to the last four signs it all gets a bit headier. There is Sagittarius the final fire sign which rules things like philosophy, Capricorn final earth sign is big business & government and Pisces the last water sign is faith, humanity and intuition. Also in that last group is the final air sign, Aquarius who rules community of like-minded, which can include circles of people along with friends, charities or grassroots endeavors. It is not as bold as its opposite sign Leo or as fun as first air sign Gemini with all its gossip and light chit-chat. But Aquarius is critical to our world both globally and personally. Most of the inventions we rely upon were a collaborative effort. People coming together, drafting on each other’s energy, creating, talking, squabbling, brainstorming. That is a powerful resource that all of us should access.
New Moon Chart
On this New Moon chart the Sun & Moon are right next to Mercury and the feisty asteroid Juno. At the same time, Jupiter the biggest planet in our solar system is in a harsh square with the whole group of them. Jupiter can bring out a lot of righteousness indignation. The question is who is he fighting with and why is he doing it? And Uranus in Aries is in an uplifting sextile with Sun & Moon, Mercury & Juno.
And finally this is not just a new moon it is also an eclipse. It is a partial eclipse but still a bit more potent than some ol’ new moon.
Let’s talk it all down.
Aquarius is the water carrier and in ancient times those people (often women) were sent to the watering hole where they would fill their jugs and also they would tell each other what was going on outside their circle. “My husband said roman soldiers burned down the town by the river.” And then the water gatherer would head back home and inform everyone. The watering hole was the ancient WWW.
Given we have the Sun & Moon & Mercury all sitting next to one another on the new moon, we should not be surprised by information that comes our way during the next 29 days when we venture just a smidge out of our comfort zone. What will you do with it? Will it sit there ignored? Maybe. Or perhaps you will share it with someone else and you will talk about it. You will brainstorm. You may come up with something creative.
The chart of the Aquarius new moon is a partial eclipse. With all eclipses whether lunar or solar partial or full, we are provided an opportunity to reboot. When our phones freeze we have to turn off the phone and let the system find its way again. The same with this Aquarius New Moon and 29 day cycle. What about our system needs to shake out the cobwebs and find its way again. In the darkness of the eclipse we have an opportunity to get quiet and dare to change our thinking and then do something new. What a gift. Also on this chart, Jupiter squares the Sun & Moon & Mercury which is a warning born from the fixed signs Aquarius and Scorpio. On one hand, we love the power of a fixed sign because they are strong and consistent. What we don’t like is when they hold on to their beliefs so tightly that they stop growing. And the harder they hold-- the more you know that a deep seated fear is in play. Aquarius wound too tight misses new experiences and new brilliance. Aquarius in fear is that he or she is not he smartest genius in the circle. His know-it-all is too much for his own good. Jupiter on the other hand is only in Scorpio for a year and the last time Jupiter was in Scorpio was 2005 – 2006. Ask yourself if you were holding too tight to something and if some of that energy is returning now? It probably had a lot to do with sex and money and debt and taxes and drum roll---power. How can The Aquarius New Moon shift your brain and thinking from, “I’ve got it all figured out” and how can you bring in more information from other circles to help inform you? Jupiter in Scorpio speaks to running full force. Going for something –all in. No half measured. That’s what this whole year is about with Jupiter. The fact that Jupiter is in square with the Sun/Moon/Mercury in Aquarius on this new moon suggests that our passion may need the wisdom of group thinking. At the same time if we are too passionate about our group endeavors, Jupiter in Scorpio will remind us we need to get quiet and go deep to our heart and ask what is the goal? What are we shedding in the process? If there is no shedding you may be missing the point. Let the Aquarius inform you.
Coincidentally (if we believed in them) Jupiter will turn retrograde on March 8 at 23-24 degrees Scorpio. If you have anything at that degree especially in Taurus, Leo and Aquarius you will be put on notice that something needs to be shed in order to access a new empowerment. For the rest of us, the 29 day cycle is about noting when we are stubbornly holding on to something and how is it impacted by our circle of friends or community? Also, be aware of zealots all 29 days. They will show up in the most unusual (Aquarius) ways. For the next six months, Jupiter will retro back to 15 degrees of Scorpio and then on August 19 it will turn direct for its final year in Scorpio. During this time all of us with planets 15-24 degrees will see how we need to shed in order to be more empowered and are best served to use this time where some good old fashion passion and compulsive issues can be put to good use. Dare to finally clean your garage!
Uranus is at Play
Uranus is in its final days of fiery Aries. It has been a long seven + years since he entered Aries and trust me when he moves into Taurus in May it will look wildly different. But right now we should enjoy the opportunities that Uranus will bring to these 29 days which is double exciting since Uranus rules Aquarius. Uranus in Aries reminds us it is important to never lose sight of the creativity, daring, independent and exuberance which comes from showing up warts and all and saying, “This is me.” Genius Uranus in Aries in harmony with Sun/Moon/Mercury in Aquarius puts the emphasis on unusual breakthroughs that may be born from talking with friends or groups or community. Your piece is important and during this cycle you may find yourself offering up something valuable that you did not even know you had in you. The people looking around you and smiling know that it is smart and are ready to help you. And you will do the same for others. In the early days of America there used to be something called ‘barn raisers’. A community would come together and help a farmer and his family put up a barn. They would saw together, hammer together climb poles together all so that this one family could have a barn. Someone designed it, someone figured out how much lumber to cut someone decided on a menu to feed everyone…. Everyone showed up. What barn will you be putting up this 29 days. Unique opportunities can be available to us if we want them.
read that link...
This is the future in front of us and wonder how we will find our way? The case can be made that answer will be groups of people coming together and brainstorming solutions for a new world.
I don’t usually spend much time talking about the asteroids not because they aren’t important but more often than not there is so much going on with the other planets in a new moon chart that I fear overwhelming the reader. However, in this case Juno’s interaction in the new moon chart cannot go by without comment. Juno is associated with wives. Perhaps long suffering wives is a more honest descripton. In the roman myths Juno is the wife of Jupiter, the god of all other gods. Jove likes having a big shot husband where she can sit next to him in their matching huge thrones. But it comes at a cost since he is such a philanderer. Jupiter ran around stealing, seducing and raping goddesses and mortals with no remorse. His wife Jove spent a lot of her time fighting with Jupiter and going after all the women and goddesses since she blamed them for Jupiter’s infidelities. Juno may have had children but she was more about being a wife not a mother. How interesting that Jupiter is squaring Jove on this new moon chart and then turns retrograde. For 29 days we may see and feel Jove in our personal lives and in the public as well. Will long suffering wives be in the news? How about the wife who is an over zealot defending her husband? How will this impact greater communities? What needs to be shed so that healing can occur? It will be a 29-day cycle of husband and wives and we will be asking where are they strong and where are they stupid. What needs to be let go so that something new can be born?
There is a lot to process like all new moons and their lunar cycles. But on god’s green earth there should be no loneliness with this cycle. If you are lonely then you are denying yourself the gift of community. Reach out you may be surprised to see where you land.
See you in Pisces New Moon.
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
Aquarius New Moon
February 15, 2018
27 Aquarius 07
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: Are you feeling a bit optimistic about new paths you need to take to improve your life? Good, you are paying attention. How are you stopping down and asking your unconscious—Why am I doing this? Why am I pursuing that? What is really going on for me? What do I have time for and what do I not have time to do any longer? How can I get my focus to work for me and use my time management skills to their fullest? What no longer needs my time?
2/17: Mars SQ Neptune. Actions based on fantasy or deceit. Inspiration and faith are at odds with action. Righteous action miss nuanced information. Religion vs Faith.
2/17: Sun Conj Mercury. Revoutionary thinking, information that motivates comes from a unique source.
2/17: Mercury enters Pisces
2/18: Sun enters Pisces
Crescent Moon Phase
February 19, 2018
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about being independent? What are you learning about going your own way? What are you learning about a fire in your belly? What are you learning about being a warrior?
2/19: Watch actions that seem to bring gifts that inspire growth. Fire in the belly inspires.
2/21: Venus conjunct Neptune. Love of another person and love of humanity blend together. Gentleness attracts.
First Quarter Moon
February 23, 2018
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that speak to your siblings? What actions are you taking that speak to your neighbors and neighborhood? What actions are your taking about finding your community of like minded people through communication?
2/25: Venus square Mars. Wars between lovers. Opinions smash values. Values not honestly shared with others bring out warriors.
2/25: Mercury conjunct Neptune. Inspired thoughts and communication permeate. Something from above comes into thinking and communication. Fuzziness.
February 26, 2018
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
How are you refining your family’s needs? How are you refining your emotions? How are you refining your protective nature? How are you refining your nurturance?
2/28: Mercury square Mars. Fighting words. Actions in conflict with thinking.
3/1: Venus trine Jupiter: Abundance in love and values. Outside influences are in harmony with money and love. Values grow.
Full Moon Phase
March 1, 2018
11 Virgo 23
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Go to blog for full moon report.
Focus on: Full Moon in Virgo. How are details important? How are schedules and t0-do lists important? How are
3/2: Mercury Trine Jupiter: Big thinking, big ideas, Inspired and educational. Philosophical and faithful thoughts.
03/4: Sun Conj Neptune: Inspired, confidence, energetic, internal movements that feel intune with the universe.
03/4: Mercury Conj Venus: Values are in synch with communication and thinking and they are inspiring.
03/4: Mercury, Venus conjunct Chiron: How are we karmically connected to humanity is supported by our thinking and our values.
March 5 2018 8:12am EST
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your partnership abilities? How are you sharing balance perspective? How are you sharing your ability negotiating?
3/5 Mercury enters Aries
3/6: Venus enters Aries
3/8: Jupiter Retrograde 23 Scorpio 5:45pm EST
Last Quarter Moon Phase
March 9, 2018
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions are you taking that speak to your opinions? What actions are you taking that speak to your philosophy? What actions are you taking that bridge you and others? What actions are you taking that involve outside influences? What actions are you taking that speak to your religion?
3/ 10: Mercury square Saturn. Negative thinking. Blocks to communications. Sour thoughts. But delays are not denial. Know the difference.
3 / 11: Mars trine Uranus: Actions that inspire new growth. Actions that activate unique new paths. New Journey is offered up.
3/13: Venus square Saturn. Love and money feel thwarted. Negative attitude about both. Values that are weak will need to be adjusted.
Balsamic Moon Phase
March 13 2018
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on How are we releasing our revolutionary nature? How are we releasing chaos? How are we releasing our rebellious nature?
3/13: Sun trine Jupiter: Motivations that are inspirational. Confidence building is easy. Switches bring on more attraction and bigger energies.
March 17, 2018 9:11an m EST Pisces new moon
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon 2018: Friends & Communities
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon 2018
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon 2017 - On Top of The Galactic Center
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon (2017) : Act Like a Plumber!!
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Get Your Plumbers Butt On!
- scorpio New Moon: Get your Plumbers Butt on!
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook