New Moon Articles by Tracy
Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
GEMINI NEW MOON 2012
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 28 day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, Astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? Once again, we get to work on our
communication. What information is coming to us? What information are we giving to others? And more importantly, are we feeling a great leap taking place around us? It is time to get our brains ready to jump!
June 19, 2012
Gemini 29. The first mockingbird in spring. Keywords: communication, news, intelligence, quickening.
GEMINI NEW MOON
New Moon Phase
June 19, 11:02am
28 Gemini 43
Recap of last Gemini Moon
Twenty eight days ago we had a Gemini New Moon at Zero Gemini and now here we are at 29 degrees and we get another Gemini New Moon! It is strange to be at the final degree of a sign with a new moon, after all a new moon speaks to new beginnings and new opportunities and the 29th degree speaks to wrapping up Gemini’s business. What does this mean? Simply said, for the last month we have gotten our butts kicked with issues pertaining to communication, siblings, and neighbors and of course the written word. It was an overwhelming process as data was coming in from all corners. How many times did your brain feel like it was short circuiting? Did you get clarity on any issues? Did you clarify stuff for others? Do you feel like you are on the other side of some hurdles? If not, then here is the good news, you get another Gemini new moon to elevate your communication skills and get your head screwed on right.
This cycle like the other Gemini New moon, puts the accent on what we say, why we say it and how we say it. It is cycle where information will come to us in ways we could not have predicted. We could be driving down the street thinking about something someone said to us years ago and have a whole new insight about it. Our brains will be electrified. And if there are lies being said (Gemini is dualistic) then what does our gut say ‘is the truth’? If we are smart we will have ‘gut checks’ all month. One thing different from the last month’s Gemini Moon is that this one will have a bit more wisdom (whether we know it or not) due to Saturn and Neptune who are both in trine to Sun & Moon. Saturn speaks to us finding real concrete support and Neptune gives us hope. With the Saturn influence we are strategic, we are conservative and we don’t have the luxury to waste our time or brain on thoughts that do not serve our lives or our future. With Neptune in a supportive position bumps in our thinking could simply dissolve. Do you ever wonder how small thoughts could keep you from your good? This month Neptune could melt some that thinking. We also will be inspired in new ways. Of course, Gemini is changeable (we don’t call it mutable for nothing) and like the last new moon we should be ready to make changes at a drop of a hat. We wake up in the morning prepared to do A and B but right away we realize we have to ditch A& B and instead prepare to do to Y and Z. The next 28 days will be filled with us pivoting. For those of us who find flexibility a difficult trait you would be wised to take deep breaths and then shift. It will open you up to a world of change and plenty of good.
And if we are confused where we need to shift this cycle then we will have Mars to point the way. Mars is in a tense aspect with Sun/Moon so we should expect to see conflicts exactly in the areas that need new approaches. Mars in Virgo is so focused on minutia it can’t see the bigger picture. The Sun/Moon in Gemini is so mercurial that it can miss the point. The answer is to be adaptable when looking at whatever it is Mars is bitching about and come up with some new approaches. Mars is argumentative so we should expect frustrations and warring rhetoric to be in the news. Personally, we will all feel an occasional punch or two. Probably a snarky, snide, bullshit comment from someone could push us over the edge and we want to cut them out of our life. Or at the very least we put them in a box that says, “Do not open for six months.” Be on the alert, small minded individuals will not be tolerated much these next 28 days ---both globally and personally. If there is a god in heaven, it will not be us who are the small thinkers.
Uranus & Pluto
Everyone who reads this site regularly knows that we are beginning a very intense cycle which will last until 2016. During the next four years, Uranus the planet of revolution and monumental change is in battle with Pluto the planet of power and masses. The two of them will have seven squares and the first square happens on June 24. Even when Pluto is in a nice aspect, the masses (meaning all of us on Earth) feel it. Pluto’s nature is to find the weakest part of anything and destroy it. For example, back in the fall of 2008 a few days after Pluto turned direct and headed for Capricorn the sign of big business, government and Wall Street—the stock market collapsed and sent us into a worldwide recession that we are still experiencing. Uranus in Aries which speaks of unrest and new beginnings is picking a fight with Pluto. Uranus says, “You say you want to evolve, Pluto and get rid of the corrupt---Prove it!” and Pluto rages back at Uranus and says, “You say you want a revolution and a new beginning ---How are you going to do it and keep the lights on?” Chaos versus structure, new versus old, revolution versus evolution, change versus status quo, we are in a pressure cooker. At this writing the presidential race in the United States is heating up and congress has never had such a low approval rating, in Europe the Euro is under attack by a Greek election and Spain is looking like it may need resuscitation. Syria is in a full-fledged civil war where Russian weapons are being used to kill women and children. The China economy is on the verge of its own recession and of course the usual nut jobs, North Korea and Iran, are rattling the world’s cage. The tension will be hot this summer with Square #1 occurring this month and Square #2 in September. On a personal level we all need to look to see where we have 7-9 degrees of Aries and Capricorn. Those houses and planets at those degrees are having their bell rung. If it is in your 7th house, then you know your relationships are going through it, if it is in your 4th house then your family is pushing you for change, if it is in your 10th, your career and your identity is feeling the rub. Of course, Rome was not built in a day and with this cycle we have until 2016 to find our way but in the mean time we will all be feeling the pressure for change.
Saturn & Venus turn direct
On June 25 Saturn will finally end its retrograde in Libra which has been going on for the last five months. God, how have those relationships been treating you? And sure when we think of ‘relationships’ we think of husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend BUT that is not all relationships. How about your relationship with your co-worker? Your friends? Your boss? Your family? Your son’s teacher? Remember it is about the ‘relationship’ not the players. That hard to describe energy that exists between two people. That is a relationship. And it is has been up for re-evaluation. Some of you have looked at your relationship with your friends and seen them as strong and authentic and your relationship with your spouse as weak; others have seen the relationship with intimate partners as strong and those relationships with the outside world weak. Whatever has been processed in the last five months will be ready for prime time after Saturn turns direct and flies right. We will be clarifying our roles in our relationships with new enthusiasm after June 25. Then on June 27 Venus stations direct. Venus has been in Gemini since April 3 and will eventually move into Cancer on August 7th. That is a whole lotta Gemini energy surrounding our values, things we love, our money and resources. Gemini is of course more mental than emotional. We have analyzed our relationships in a lot of detail but it has not been an emotional time. Perhaps we needed to be mental about relationships so our feelings don’t cloud the important information. What has Venus been telling us since April?
June 29th Cranked up
On June 29th the Sun will be opposed Pluto and will Square Uranus. This is a powerful day that comes up once a year. Pluto will feel challenged by the Sun as family feels pitted against the greater world. Who has to work when they really feel they need to be home? Who needs to break out of the hiding place that is home and step up in a more public way for the world to see? No doubt there will be global events that will get our attention. Luckily on the same day there is a nice aspect between Mercury and Jupiter which should help bring in diplomacy and smooth communication.
And of course we have to have retrogrades!
Well, what is a second cycle of Gemini where we are completely focused on communication without mercury retrograde!?! Lordy when it rains it pours, right? And why don’t we throw in Uranus’ annual reverse course in the mix just for sport!
On July 13 Uranus who spends nearly half the year in retrograde will begin his slog backwards until he turns direct again on December 13th. This turn takes place on the last quarter of the Gemini lunar cycle. Our communication will definitely get a bolt of electricity on that day. Uranus in Aries is teaching all of us the value of breaking free and going it alone. For many people this is a hard lesson because they see being ‘alone’ as being ‘lonely’. They are not the same. This next five months people will learn the difference. There will also be emphasis on forging new paths. Take out your machete, go into the jungle and carve your path. All of us on the planet are feeling it but in particular those of us with early degree Libra, Cancer, Capricorn and Aries planets. Actually you don’t need me to tell you about your adventure. You are already on the trip and can feel the power of jumping on your own vision. There is no sitting back and waiting for others to hand you a road map. You gotta do it yourselves.
Mercury retrogrades are of course ---mercury retrogrades. The shadow point of this one is on June 26, but the actual retrograde is between July 14 and August 8. It will eventually pass over the final shadow point on August 21. As we remember, the wonky tension is the actual 3 weeks of retrograde. The shadow points are just when we have our antenna up. Something may come up after June 26 and get revisited again after August 8th…
As always, slow things down, watch your driving, think twice before you hit send and of course wait before signing any important documents. A great time to research and fix things that have needed attention for a long time.
This retrograde takes place in Leo so this retrograde cycle is about our creativity, our boldness, our energy and our self-esteem. Low self-esteem of course brings high ego so don’t be surprised if you hear outrageously egotistical comments come out of all sorts of people. Braggarts will be full of all kinds of exaggerations ignore them as best as you can and remember they must have some broken part inside them to be so full of themselves. Not much you can do about it except keep your focus on your own creative, dynamic path. Find a gentle, honest path and you will end up shining like a star.
There will be lots of curve balls thrown our way this cycle but none of them so great that it crushes our spirit. Instead, we are all going to be light on our feet. We are going to duck and move to the right, to the left and sometimes we won’t move at all. If we didn’t learn to pivot on the last lunar Gemini cycle we will learn all about it on this cycle. We will clarify where we can and seek our own clarification on issues. We will avoid any tendency to gossip and instead find our own inner truth and figure out our path of change. Have fun and know that I intend to do the same.
The 8 phases
New Moon Phase
June 19, 11:02am EDT
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: What are you saying to people? Why? What are hearing from others? Why are they saying it to you? What is worth clarifying and what is not worth it? How can you sharpen your brain to prepare you for important changes? What does it mean to leap forward? Is your mind there yet?
6/20 Mercury/Saturn: Harsh thoughts, cold communication, difficult negotiations
6/20: Sun enters Cancer. Bring your Cancer friend or family member to some place special, private and select. They need a cozy moment with you.
6/21: Mercury/Mars: Energetic, creative dynamic thoughts with actions. Talk is not cheap!
Crescent Moon Phase
June 23 8:35am
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you hearing and learning that speaks to self esteem? What can you learn from your pride? What can you learn from your ego? What does it mean to you when you hear, “Low self esteem = High Ego” What information are you learning that suggests your communication is influenced by ego or self esteem issues?
6/23: Sun/Neptune: inspired, creative, gentle humanitarian energy.
6/24: Uranus Square Pluto 3:44am See above
6/24 6/25: Saturn direct 11:50pm PDT/2:50pm EDT
6/25 Jupiter/Neptune : opinions rub up against beliefs and spirituality. Beware of the loud and the delusional
6/25: Mercury enters Leo http://astrology.about.com/od/mercury/p/MercuryLeo.htm
First Quarter Moon
June 26 11:30pm EDT
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take that support your communication within relationships and partnerships? What pivots can you take that support your partner? What pivots do you need your partner to take? How can you get support in relationships and are you communicating the need? Why or why not?
Special focus :
6/27: Venus station direct (see above)
6/29: Sun/Pluto big tension date. Where is your breakthrough? (see above)
6/29: Mercury/Jupiter : big thoughts, big conversations, big ideas
6/29:Sun/Uranus: tension, tough. Where is our breakthrough? (see above)
June 30 8:26am EDT
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
Focus on: What are you neglecting that has financial implications? How can you sift through facts and find your empowerment? How can you sift through data and realize it is time to release something/someone/stuff? Where have you been holding on and how can you now embrace death and rebirth?
7/3: Mars enters Libra Hurray? Sort of but with some bumps in the beginning (see above) http://astrology.about.com/od/mars/p/MarsLibra.htm
Full Moon Phase
July 3 2:51 pm EDT
12 cap 14
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: How are you balancing your internal world with your external world? How are you balancing your home life with your business life? How are you finding your inner CEO? Who needs to be fired in your life? Who needs a raise? How are you communicating to all parts of your self and are they working in concert? And if not, why not?
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
7/4: Mercury/Uranus : Creative, dynamic, brilliant solutions and new ideas.
7/4: Venus/Uranus : creativity about values and resources
Disseminating Moon Phase
July 7 1:23am
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: What information are you sharing that speaks to your spirituality? Who is sharing their own spirituality practice with you and what can you learn? What does the power of prayer mean to you? How have you allowed spirit to speak to you?
Last Quarter Moon Phase
July 10 9:47pm
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that support you in breaking new ground? What breakthroughs can you find that support YOU. What seeds did you plant on new moon that support your vision?
7/13 Uranus Retrograde (see above)
7/14 Mercury retrograde 10:09am (see above)
Balsamic Moon Phase
July 15, 12:51am EDT
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
We release mindless chatter. We release gossip. We release shallow thinking and shallow communicating. We release any tendency to mindf**k ourselves.
7/17: Mars/Jupiter positive, energetic broad vision actions are supported
7/17: Mars/Pluto tension, chaos or creativity, what choices will you make?
7/18: Mars/Uranus. More tension. Harshness and forcefulness abound.
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook