New Moon Articles by Tracy
Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
Aquarius NEW MOON 2015
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? It is time to get your brilliance activated. You are no longer that small little creature afraid of his or her genius. For 29 days the jig is up.
An Old Adobe Mission In California
AQUARIUS NEW MOON
January 20, 2015
0 Aquarius 08
Welcome to Aquarius.
It is time for us to embrace this last air sign of the zodiac. Big time. So seriously, ……Welcome to Aquarius.
We are having our fourth new moon in a row at zero degrees (and change). Since October the new moon energy starts from the beginning of its sign and every day of the 28-Day lunar cycle. So, now we are getting our Aquarius on. We all need it. And the next two new moons will be at 29 degrees and change putting it right back close to zero. This will end up being six months of auspicious lunar cycles. None of us should be asleep at the wheel.
Aquarius is the eleventh sign (out of twelve) and the final air sign. Gemini and Libra are the other two air signs and they speak to how we think & communicate and how we relate to one another. But with Aquarius the relating and the thinking is bigger, broader than you and I chit chatting. Case in point, Aquarius rules electricity, radio and television, computers and the Internet. Think about that connection. If there was no Aquarius you would not be reading this article right now. You would have to go to your bookstore and get an astrology magazine to read a New Moon article (Gemini) or you would set up an appointment with an astrologer for one on one (Libra) insights. But with the Internet, information is available to you, thousands of years of research is at your fingertips. Millions of people all over the world have insights, information, data that you, I and everyone else can access in two seconds. That is Aquarius.
Aquarius is brilliant, genius, eccentric, innovative, odd and above all not afraid to be his own person. Yes, Aquarius energy can be rebellious for no other reason than to be rebellious. But let’s not focus on the rebels without a cause. Let’s go deeper.
Have you ever had a brilliant idea? Did you discard it? Have you ever had a genius moment? Did you discard it? Have you ever had an innovative moment? Did you blow it off? Have you connected with a group of people and felt completely uplifted because you were all on the same page? And then did you walk away from that group and that feeling and marginalize it as ‘really no big deal’?
I will be honest with you, I feel sorry for Aquarius energy. It is dismissed by many people because it is not about gooey sticky romantic love, it is not about make me the center of the universe Ego, it is not about controlling power, it is not about greed and pursuing money and it is not about sex. The problem is that all the things it is NOT are the things that most of the world IS about. So, there is the rub. Who can relate to Aquarius? Not many and therefore it is dismissed. What a mistake. Again, you are reading this article right now (for free I might add) because of Aquarius energy. And by the way, Aquarius connects with Astrology. I will offer up, I have Venus in Aquarius so it is my pleasure to generate this article. My friends with Venus in Taurus would never understand this nor would my Venus in Scorpio peeps. They would suggest I am wasting valuable resources generating a report. But I don’t care. My Aquarius energy gains by my writing and sharing and hopefully communicating something uplifting, unique and helpful for all of you. This is Aquarius.
Please don’t dismiss Aquarius power this cycle. Aquarius’ ruling planet is Uranus. Since 2012, Uranus has been in battle with Pluto. Seven squares in a five year window. It has been rough, no kidding, and the final aspect occurs in March. After that point they will pull away from the tension filled square. On one hand we will enjoy the relief once they break away but on the other hand if we have not fully embraced the lessons and gifts of Uranus, we will have missed a real opportunity that won’t be coming back to us for decades. So, it would serve us best if we utilize the energy of Uranus and jump in with both feet in his ruling sign Aquarius and take full advantage of this 29-day cycle.
Every day you should be on a scavenger hunt to find YOUR: genius, weird, innovative and brilliance. You should be on the hunt for people who are like- minded where you share real ideas that lift and support each other. You should be connecting with your ideas. And you should look carefully perhaps with a jaundiced eye those people who belittle your uniqueness, ideas and your creativity. If people call you weird and judge you then put them in a box, wrap it with a bow and put a note on it that reads: “Only open when I want to feel bad about myself.” Or to be even more succinct. Stay away from assholes. And if you keep listening to those assholes, then you are an asshole. And let me be the one person in your life to tell you, “Stop being an asshole right now.”
On this chart Uranus is in conjunction with the south node. The south node in Aries is a pretty feral. He is out for himself although he thinks he is out for himself because, “No one is there for me anyway, so I better just take care of me.” The gift of Uranus on South Node in Aries is shaking up that pity party. If no one took care of you as a kid and you had to do stuff alone and you had to be self reliant fine. But as an adult if you keep picking people who don’t help you, don’t support you, don’t partner with you---who’s fault is that? Consider dropping that belief (Saturn in Sag) and look at your partners (North Node in Libra) and if they are disappointing you then you shift inside, get proactive (Aries) and make the moves so that you can get the world you want and break free to new territory.
Uranus in Aries has been speaking to all of us to make breakthroughs and break outs, forge new ground. And you can’t do that if people are shooting down your genius. Every problem in your life will need a unique solution. A solution that you can only find if you rise above the mundane. Go to the highest chakra, you can put your antenna out in the universe, let others spark your creativity your brilliance, your uniqueness. You will find your answers. Everyone reading this article right now benefits when each one of us finds our unique, dynamic, creative, weird and genius voice. There are a lot of problems on this earth and it is going to take a lot of brilliance to fix it. And it starts with you, and then your brilliance will activate the next person who will activate someone they know or love and so and so on and so on….
We are going to get a gift this cycle and yes, I am saying gift, of a Mercury retrograde in Aquarius. In fact within 24 hours of the New Moon, Mercury will appear to go backwards launching the first of three retrogrades in 2015. On January 21 Mercury will go from 17 Degrees Aquarius all the way back to 1 degree of Aquarius on Feb 11 and then it will appear to turn around and head right back towards 17 degrees of Aquarius which it will hit March 3 and then add another week or two. This is a lot of weeks of Mercury in Aquarius. Our minds will be blown away. If we are really getting it. And it is not an accident, in my opinion, that this Aquarius cycle which is robust with potential will have a Mercury retrograde entirely in Aquarius. Why isn’t Mercury retro in Cap or in Pisces? It could have been but it is not. Spirit in its infinite wisdom is getting our brains screwed in tight with Aquarian energy. Watch the stuff that comes up that speaks to friends, groups, brilliance, light bulb ideas and genius. Of course it is a retrograde so there will be missteps or hurdles with all that stuff. Also, the less evolved side of Aquarius could be in our world or in the news. Rebels who take pleasure in being provocateurs but set up no real reforms. Stubbornness, rigidity of beliefs that do not serve. People who insist ‘damn it, I’m standing my ground” even if it is stupid. And there will be people who really do cut off their nose to spite their face. Cuckoo crazy chaotic people and situations will show up during this Mercury in Aquarius retrograde. If you get caught up in anyone’s cuckoo crazy, walk away. And if you are doing any of these things or want to do it….stop it. Find a new way to be brilliant.
On this New Moon chart the Sun and Moon are in sextile with Saturn. This supports concrete actions when something brilliant shows up. We are making the most of anything that really gets our attention. Saturn will support those people who are lonely (a Saturn word) in expanding their world (Sag) to find the like-minded people (Aquarius). For the record, this is a great new moon for our friends in Silicon Valley. And those of us who get something out of the world wide web. Cough, all of us, cough.
In conclusion: Take the next 28 days to get electrified. Fry off the beliefs that no longer serve you. Turn the switch and get brilliant, turn on your inner light and find other people whom you see a glow. Go for their light and let them go for your light. And let that shine on every small darkness you carry in your heart or soul and heal it. Remember, It is not just sunshine, light, is the best antiseptic.
Go out there and be brilliant. I’ll see you at the next new moon, which is 29 Aquarius and a big ass deal.
PS: Google SuperMoon and Richard Nolle. This is a Supermoon and if you live in a fault zone, lower the nicknacks.
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
January 20, 2015
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: Who are you friends? What do they say about where you are headed? How do they support you? How do they bring out your brilliance? How are you finding your genius? How can you be brilliant but not of it? How can you capture light? How are you like electricity? Why do you think it is okay not to find your genius? That is ridiculous, find your genius.
1/21 Mercury Station Retrograde (See Above)
1/22 Sun sext. Saturn Inspired friends and groups, hard work with the like minded.
Crescent Moon Phase
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about faith? What are you learning about your intuition? What are you learning about your artistic nature? What are you learning about your WooWoo side? How does Spirit talk to you?
1/25: Venus semisq Uranus. Love and money get a bit chaotic. Changes that rile up love and values.
1/26: Venus semisq Pluto. Sometimes we get bitchslapped just so we get the message…maybe it is time to evolve or maybe it is time to find our power.
First Quarter Moon
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take that support your finances? What actions are you doing that build up your resources? How are the people in your life supporting your resources? What actions can you take that build up a group of people around you who help support your resources?
1/30: Venus sq Saturn: Cold reality hits love, money and values. Yes, we all have to grow up.
1/30: Mars sext Pluto: Actions based on deep matters. Transformative energy exerted.
1/30: Sun Con Mercury: Purpose and brain are united. Something we almost forgot about comes to the surface.
5:57pm am EST
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What have we missed about our thinking? Where is our thinking off? Where is our thinking ‘right on’? Analyze your communication. How is it? Are you a reliable narrator? Or is it fuzzy? What are you missing about your communication?
2/1: Venus con Neptune: Love is gentle. Intuition is lovely. Bumps in love and money feel like they are melting. Ah.
2/2: Sun sext. Uranus: Sparks, the soul feels energized. Purposeful friends make us feel alive.
Full Moon Phase
February 3, 2015
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: This full moon is focused on your GIFTS. Your TALENTS. What you bring to the party that NO ONE else brings. The party needs your gifts. Do you think you bring nothing special or of note? Stop that nonsense now!!!
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
2/5: Mercury sext Saturn: Work is easy and productive. What did you almost forget that you are now doing? The brain is relieved.
2/6: Sun opp Jupiter: Everything feels bigger than God. Where is the gravition pulling you? Where are you trying to build a bridge but bumping into Ego. Try if you can to find the balance.
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing with partners? How are presenting what you have learned to your partner? How are they sharing their knowledge to you? How are you seeking advise for your relationship(s)?
2/7: Venus sext. Pluto: Love goes deeper. Shedding shallowness. Evolution of values.
2/11: Mercury stations direct. Let’s get on our knees and thank the heavens!
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions can you take that brings the REAL you out into your group? What is that thing deep in you that ticks that you never share? That part of your psyche that you protect? How is it connected to power? Can you connect to the world more by showing that? If you resist how is it hurting you? Is it time to shed?
Balsamic Moon Phase
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our pretenses. We release our coldness. We release our snotty. We release our ‘better than’. Special note about this Balsamic. It is interesting that it is occurring the day after Valentine’s day. There will be people who realize that their partners are just out of sync with them and may dump them.
2/18: Sun semisq Pluto: Purpose feels thwarted. Evolution feels stalled. Where can you find balance between the two?
29 Degree Aquarius NEW MOON
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook