New Moon Articles by Tracy
There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
Sagittarius New Moon
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
Sagittarius New Moon
Dec 9, 2007
Sabian Symbol: An Easter Sunrise Service
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is when the moon is between the sun and the earth and the illuminated part of the moon is very small. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a small, skinny section of moon.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the different phases of the moon for eons, Astrologers also utilize the different phases of the moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days.
Okay what is this cycle?
Measured thinking, measured responses, measured moments will be the best way through this most dramatic and combustible twenty eight days. Can you do it?
Gentleman, start your engines!
Imagine you are at the Indianapolis speedway. You’ve made your way to pit to check out the action when suddenly someone throws a flame proof suit on you, pushes you into drivers’ seat, fastens the straps and yells, “Floor it”. And despite all fears that come over your body, you put your foot on the gas and are driving mach 1, pedal to the metal. Welcome to this Sagittarius cycle. It will be a long or short twenty eight—day depending on how you like the drive.
Now most of you know a little bit about Sagittarius even if you don’t know astrology. You know it because you feel it. Where any other time of the year you are guaranteed a relaxing weekend at least one or two times in a lunar cycle, in Sag there is no rest. Every weekend is crammed with someone who wants to see you. Even if it is a holiday cup of coffee. Or it is cocktail party, or it is a family dinner, or it is work affair, or a charity event. Your life and schedule are not yours’ during this month. And that, baby is all Sag.
It is just awful, right? But yet you say yes to the requests. And the reason why you say yes is because of the very nature of Sag. It is a generous sign. It is an abundant sign and as much as your brain says, “I cannot possibly drive over to Such&Such” --you do it. Because you somehow feel, “I gotta do it.”
Any other time of the year you would say no. But during Sag you just feel too guilty to let your motives be all about you. And yeah, the world is NOT all about you. It is about beliefs and philosophies and religions and spirituality and education. For heaven sake we all know the universe is expanding! And the one sign who really gets it, is Sag. And that is the energy that we all feel during this time of the year.
Now take that energy, throw gasoline on it and light a match. Because this lunar cycle and its aspects takes Sag to the nth degree.
Bill Gates Meet Britney Spears
Astrologers have been talking about Jupiter’s upcoming conjunction with Pluto for quite some time. And there is really no way to soften the information. But it is huge. We are already starting to feel the two huge planets as they get closer and closer together. Now the thing about them is that they are huge but for different reasons. Jupiter is big by its size. If you want to get an idea how big, look at Jupiter in comparison to Earth.
Daunting isn’t it? Now Pluto is big but not by its size but by its orbit. Take a look.
These two are going to be on top of each other in Sag, the already bigger than life sign! Pluto has been transiting through Sag for nearly fourteen years and next month it will finally get out of Dodge and get into Capricorn. But before it gets there, it is taking a moment and doing the deed with transiting Jupiter.
Basically Bill Gates will jump Britney Spears or if you prefer Britney will jump Bill Gates. Are we ready for that?
Power meets circus, daring meets focused, control freak meets town drunk, Ebay meets PTL, Wall Street meets Hollywood, I think you get the drift. The times are a changing and this is a seminal astrological aspect for those changes. Expect a lot of activity in the news that is too wild for words. Expect to hear things in your own personal life that leave you going, “huh?”. Expect the media to one hundred percent do something rank. Expect someone to really screw up something big. Or expect someone to do something in the name of Spirit that is just too dreadful for words. And of course above all, Propaganda and Rhetoric are at Tsunami level! This my friends is a big deal time.
On a personal level you will be feeling it when you shop for Christmas. Frivolous gifts won’t feel right. You’ll want to give gifts that truly help. Or are exactly what the other person wants. You don’t want to get it wrong. Of course many will feel down, “is this all there is?” kind of vibe. It is okay to feel that and by the way, the “is” is changing anyway. Then there will be some who will feel righteous and dig in on something and it will totally alienate you from others. Or you will feel so focused and driven that your husband your family your friends will drive off in the distance leaving your focused ass home.
Of course if you want to get through this period a bit wiser then take EVERYTHING in moderation, if you can--or let’s say as best as you can. Or at the very least get quiet and find a way out.
Through this conjunction will come some heroes and some leaders. Someone will shine through. That is a given. But be on notice that between the time of the conjunction on December 11 and the time Pluto goes into Capricorn on January 25---all bets are off.
And even if there is nothing noteworthy that occurs during this period for you personally (which I doubt) you will still realize later down the road that the seeds planted NOW impacted you in ’08 and beyond. This is the new period of your life and of the planet’s. It has begun.
For additional reading and great history on the last time these two got together PLEASE go to MOUNTAIN ASTROLOGER MAGAZINE, (Dec/Jan2008) and read Shelley Ackerman’s article “Great Balls of Fire The Big Bang Jupiter-Pluto Conjunction of 2007”.
Order it here:
It is an excellent read!
Uranus the Jackhammer
Now God in its infinite wisdom was not going to let Jupiter conjunct Pluto which will send us new ways to look at things, new ways to grow, new ways to expand our world---without a little help. Unfortunately that “help” is coming from Uranus, planet of rebels and revolutions, chaos and brilliance.. that Uranus, is going to be coming in adding a little chaos to our lives. The car is towed. The neighbor is locked out and now is joining you for Christmas dinner. The visa card melts in your hand and you end up buying all your Christmas gifts at the 99 cent store. Whatever it is, it will be Uranus doing its thing. And as much as it hurts, pisses you off and just bugs you, every time the weirdness happens, just perhaps you can do yourself a favor and see it as an opportunity. The neighbor is locked out so that you might make a new friend. Or the car gets towed and you end up walking home and run into an old acquaintance. There is a method to the madness but you gotta be smart about it. DO NOT personalize it, do not think “Why is this happening to me?” Instead be calm and remember you are being asked to expand and some stuff has to be dug up and jettison in order to expand.
Visualize a skyscraper up way, way high. Naturally, it didn’t just appear one day, it had to start with one guy and a jackhammer digging up concrete. Well, during this cycle, Uranus has the jackhammer.
The angel on your shoulder
So, are you still breathing? Pluto, Jupiter, Uranus, are these the three most ‘effed up wise men you have ever seen? Yeah, sure. But good news, Neptune has put down the booze and is helping us out this month. Despite all crazy making (and it will be Krazy) Neptune is going to keep the electricity flowing to our intuition. Our guts will always be plugged in. We will not be disconnected ever. Sure, we will want to scream, cry, laugh hysterically, shout, do whatever we can to let out the tension but under it all, our guts will be receiving information. Just like a little angel in our Inbox. We will have very wise prompts. We just need to figure out a way to find them for all the spam. Don’t let the noise get in the way of the angel’s touch.
Love what you do, do what you love
Another perk to the cycle is coming from Mars, the warrior in Cancer and Venus the lover, in Scorpio. The two of them are making a beautiful aspect with one another. So despite all the angst and turmoil that we feel as we sail through this month (if sail is the right word for it!) In our little lifeboat is Mars who is protecting his girlfriend Venus. You better believe he is going to make sure we get to land. He will find the way, he is after all a romantic warrior when he has Venus on his side. So, our actions will be inspired by love. Even when we want to run and seek shelter and take care of ourselves, we know we must take action to take care of all that we love. Additionally, Mars and Venus are also making a great aspect with North Node in Pisces so god bless us, we will also include humanity in the things that we love.
Mental Building Blocks
As all the boulders are thrown out of the volcano this cycle and we are all feeling so many things we will be additionally challenged because we will have a hard time getting our thoughts across. Saturn the stern disciplinarian father planet is squaring Mercury which just brings out our most insecure side. Remember when you were a kid and you were starting to write your alphabet for the first time and someone was watching over your shoulder making you nervous. Well that is this aspect. It is like we all have performance jitters about everything that comes out of our mouth. Our insecurities around our thoughts and are ability to communicate will be up high. If it is all possible to table some of the important conversations until the next lunar cycle when we might be feeling more secure, perhaps that will help. But still we can’t always be so confident and cocky about our thoughts, it is good to feel a bit humble and circumspect at times especially as we are figuring out what is next. New thinking can help find new solutions to both old and new problems.
In summary, it is a big time, it is a fiery time, it is a volcanic time, it is huge. But you gotta remember it is how we take the information and use it in our lives that will have the greatest meaning.
I must uphold my ideals, for perhaps the time will come when I shall be able to carry them out. – Anne Frank
DEC 9, 2007
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus on: Begin actions about things about that we believe, things that inspire us, goals, big visions, things that educate us. Our philosophies, things that ask us to ponder the bigger picture. Get out of the way of self and act towards those dreams you want realized.
Dec 13, 07
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: Information from groups of like minded people who may cross cultures. Information about things that are electric. Information from cyber space. Information which is Sympathetic without sentimentality. A time for cooler heads.
Dec 17, 07
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: We act upon Humanity, dreams, visions and mysticism. What is the stuff that really moves us that is not defined by man? Sometimes we need to act on something that might not make sense but it comes from a greater knowing.
Jupiter moves into Capricorn
December 19 ‘07
Saturn retrograde until May 2, 2008
8 Virgo 34
Sabian Symbol: A man making a futurist drawing.
Saturn will be turning around in Virgo for the next five months. This is its first retrograde since it moved into Virgo this summer. Typical of these early degree retrogrades we will be feeling our way around in the sign’s energy. Virgo is about order and cleanliness, ditching, purging, recycling, counting the pennies while the dollars count themselves. We will be thinking about organics. We will be thinking about our daily routines. Where is our exercise? What the hell is clogging up our calendars? And is it worth it? These are some of the questions that we’ll ponder during this retrograde. And of course whenever Saturn retrograde those people who are in position of power and who take a ‘father’ like role will be seriously questioned. Get your diet together. Get your foundations together. And how are your responsibilities? And who on god’s green earth is a flake in your life? If they are flakes, then they are flakes and just don’t count on them for anything. It is just the practical approach and if there is anything about Saturn in a retrograde motion it is a time for us to see who can handle commitments and who can’t. Of course the question is..which are you?
Dec 20, 07
Gibbous: We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, we organize, we tend to be ‘virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
Focus on: We are sorting through Earthy things. Practical things. Focus on real estate. We clarify what is stuff worth? What do you value? What do people value in you? Is it time to lay out the cold hard cash to get something figured out? The right investment now will pay off big later.
Sun enters Capricorn
Happy Birthday you old goat.
You want to give your Cap friend the most perfect gift? Ask them. They hate surprises and they need to tell you what really works for them. Don’t waste your time being clever. Ask for a list.
Dec 23, 07
01 Cancer 50
Sabian Symbol: A man suspended over a vast level place.
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Balancing out Food and home. Family and children. Play. Things that nourish. Things that comfort. Honoring our emotions such that they will motivate us later. But don’t confuse our emotions with our feelings. Feelings are sensitive for sure but they don’t motivate like our emotions. Watch your tone. What the tone of others. Is it for real or a mask?
Dec 27, ‘07
Disseminating: Share information, find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: Sharing our pride. Where is our Ego. Who can lead us to Bravery. Leadership. Glamour. Sharing the information of what motivates us so that it inspires others.
Venus enters Sag
Put on your party hat!
Mars enters Gemini
December 31, ‘07
Third Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
Focus on: Acting on Loans and debts, sharing resources. Legal maneuvers, taxes and death. Considering how to get more resources from other places that will help your cause. Feeling the need to push again.
January 4 2008
Balsamic: We release. We let go. We prune, we discard, we ditch stuff. We house clean. The things that no longer work, we let them out of our life. We release so we can clear our unconscious and dream. We prepare our unconscious to be ready for the next New Moon.
Focus on: Releasing money stuff, debt stuff, fears around loans. Fears around surgery. Fears around power. Fears around people who act like vampires. They can no longer suck you dry, release them.
January 7, 2008
Mercury enters Aquarius
Capricorn New Moon
January 8, 2008
17 Cap 33
Links to Think
note on above--if you can help, it would mean the world to me, actually bigger, it would mean the Jupiter to me-TRACY
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook