New Moon Articles by Tracy
Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
PISCES NEW MOON 2014
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 28-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? What do you look like when you go for the flow? And what do you look like when you melt and dissolve your harsh ridges will you flow easier?
Men Traveling A Narrow Path, Seeking Illumination
PISCES NEW MOON
March 1, 2014
10 Pisces 39
The last sign of the zodiac is Pisces and it is the final water sign. In Cancer the water is loud crashing waves pounding on the shore, emotions are big. In Scorpio deep watery caves hold mysterious creatures and sunken treasure only accessed by depth seeking emotions. In Pisces the mighty currents that swirl in large oceans pull on the emotions to float and glide. Pisces starts its journey off the coast of one land and within a few days without much effort he arrives off the coast of a new faraway territory. Having followed only the currents. We learn how to observe currents during Pisces and how to go with the flow taking care to trust the journey but not get pulled into the weeds. Perhaps the most tender of signs, Pisces speaks to us in our dreams, our intuition and our faith. Pisces knows there is something greater than our little lives on Earth when we are willing to tune in.
As we have been discussing for the last few months we are in an extraordinary time astrologically speaking. In April the tension will be great as Uranus/Pluto/Jupiter & Mars dig into each other. For the last six months (since Virgo new moon) we have been clearing out boulders that could be getting in our way because as stressful as the cardinal cross aspects can be they also can provide opportunities. We use the energy of the lunar cycle to support any changes we need to make because as we know if we don’t make the changes, THE UNIVERSE WILL. And arguably the one sign that speaks more to the will of the Universe is Pisces.
For twenty eight days, watch how you flow. Are you going with a current? Or are you fighting it? Why? And there will be situations that float by you where you will say, “Not my problem”. And for others, like salmon swimming upstream many of us will be guided to go down a stream that seems rife with complications but we just ‘know’ we need to be there. Go inward find your inner compass and you will learn a lot about going with the flow. Also, Pisces knows how to melt and dissolve. What do you look like if you dissolve your pointy ridges? What if you let your problems melt away and not give them too much energy? Not ignore them but not empower them? Explore the power of melting and dissolving this cycle. Also, get lost in art and music. Let it call to you in a profound way.
This Pisces New Moon we are gifted with a Sun/Moon in terrific aspect with Jupiter and a very nice aspect with Pluto. Great. Since Jupiter and Pluto are two of the warriors in April it is nice that they will be speaking to us during this cycle. Jupiter brings doorways and bridges. Pluto purges and unplugs. Drains that have backed up and been stagnant may suddenly get cleared. Watch for openings and connections (Jupiter) that pop up during this cycle especially after a big emotional purge (Pluto). Also in the mix is a Sun/Moon conjunction with Neptune, which is a benefit since Neptune is the planet that rules Pisces. This is like the boss opening up his office and resources to help you and your department accomplish everything you want. Being in synch with Neptune is a great blessing. Watch the next 28 days for synchronicity and serendipitous moments. They are not an accident and ask yourself if they are pointing you into a new current?
The Sun/Moon are also in conjunction with Chiron, which can be a difficult process. Chiron is like the movie Groundhogs’ Day. We wake up and seem to be doing the same thing over and over and over again. In the case of Chiron in Pisces it speaks to where we feel out of control, at the hands of some force greater than us. It brings out the victim and the perpetrator. Chiron is half man half horse and Pisces is two fish swimming in different directions. They both have a dualistic quality. It is interesting that the Sochi Olympics were only a few hundred kilometers from the Ukraine protests. As we know in nature the poison and the antidote are often near one another. I must say I have thought a lot about Chiron in Pisces as we have been challenged by our new weather patterns. Anyway, for the next 28 days we may see patterns come up that need processing and healing. Especially anyone who has planets at 10-12 degrees of Gemini, Virgo, Sag and Pisces. And I would be remiss if I didn’t mention that the Cra-Cra will come out of the woodwork these 28 days. Why wouldn’t they? It is Pisces, Neptune’s in the mix and Chiron is on top of the Sun and Moon—to the crazy that is “playball”. When the crazy come out find your center and not get sucked into their vortex. Remember trust!
A few hours after the Pisces New Moon launches Mars will turn retrograde. It is curious that a few hours prior to the New Moon, Mercury turned direct. What interesting timing that the New Moon would fit in a sliver of a window between two planets changing direction. Our intellect (Mercury) will be ready for the currents of the Pisces New moon while Mars goes backwards and helps us fix our relationships.
How do our relationships block our flow? Or how do we block the flow of our relationships? Mars will be retrograde from March 1 until May 19th. Normally Mars is in a sign for six weeks but every couple years it slows down. Way, w-a-y, way down. It will be in Libra for eight months when it finally enters Scorpio on July 25th. And when that date happens, we will all be grateful for Scorpio. Trust me.
The last time Mars retrograded was 2011-2012 with Mars in Virgo. I remember that period very well. Just a lot of misguided short sightedness. Blech. But also a great period of tying up lose ends and fixing things that had inherent flawed mechanics. Now with Mars retrograde in Libra we will be concerned about relating, relationships and learning the power of negotiations. We will also learn that compromise is not a dirty word. But, keeping peace no matter what the cost can be dangerous. Mars will move back and forth from 28 degrees Libra all the way to 9 degrees Libra. Obviously if you have any planet at those degrees of Libra, Capricorn, Aries and Cancer you will have challenges. The good news is Mars energy is fast so when it hits one of your planets it will cause a little firestorm and then move off. Remember, Libra is always looking for a balance, looking for someone to get on the other side of the teeter totter. But sometimes you need to look inward and find your own inner balance before going to war with others. And watch for those people who are aggressive about their Passive Aggressiveness. The unprocessed Mars retrograde in Libra will double down in passive aggressive. Watch for people who don’t say what they really want but talk around it and try to get you to do the work. More blech. And if you do want to do the work remember when Mars goes into Scorpio you may bring out the big knife and cut them off. Lots to think about.
Along with Mars going retrograde on March 2, Saturn turns retrograde at 24 Degrees of Scorpio. It will go all the way back to 16 Scorpio when it turns direct on July 20th. Saturn retrograde in Scorpio is all about cleaning up our resources that we share with others. Where are we co-mingling our energies? Where do we need to co-mingle? Where do we need to ask for help on a deep meaningful way? Where do we need a father or father figure to step in and get us on the straight and narrow? Scorpio is banks and corporations (along with Capricorn) and there may be a downward turn in business as corporations deal with new bottom lines. Right now Saturn and Pluto are in mutually receptive signs. Meaning Pluto rules Scorpio and is in the sign Capricorn and Saturn rules Capricorn and is in the sign Scorpio. People are having big ass “Come to Jesus” moments in their life. People are getting their money figured out for sure. But also we are looking inward about where we are putting our time (Saturn) and focused energy (Pluto)? While Saturn is retrograde we will be looking at where we waste time. Things that used to be satisfying will suddenly seem blah. Saturn in Scorpio is asking us to get serious about a rebirth. Where are we like a Tennessee Williams play? Stuck in amber fighting with one another and attached to the drama but not making the real changes? Between now and July we will find our energy better served in other ways.
On March 6 Jupiter turns direct at 10 Cancer. Back on November 6 Jupiter was at 20 Cancer when it turned retrograde and now apparently Jupiter who is always looking for a party decided to change course the same time as Mars and Saturn. Do you get the idea that the Universe is trying to get our attention? Jupiter in Cancer is putting emphasis on our family and our roots, our emotions and the way we find our cozy. Jupiter is so large and so big and likes things foreign and visiting places far from home that he is not exactly comfortable in cozy, quaint Cancer. But what he can do is help us connect with others who seem foreign. Who needs our help? I had a moment with a homeless man not too long ago and I thought about his mother. What happened seventy years earlier when he was born? Did she think he would be standing in front of a market seventy years later looking for extra change? Or was she so asleep at the wheel as a mother that she set it up for him to be in this spot? I dunno but my point is Jupiter asks us to make bridges. Connect your emotions to something bigger. Also, if you have had projects that will take you to a higher level but they have been stalled, you may finally get traction when the big guy turns direct. Jupiter has a lot of gravity and you may see your emotions lift as he gains speed.
The beauty of relaxing and trusting the universe is a gift from Pisces. Too much drugs, booze and delusional thinking is a pitfall of Pisces. Go with the flow but remember to check in with your inner compass and make sure you are heading for GOOD and not lost. That would be such a waste of Pisces.
See you at Aries where we will build our Treasure Maps!
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon Facebook page?
Keep up to date on multiple postings every week.
PISCES New Moon
March 1, 2014
The 8 phases
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: Where is the current taking you? How are you floating? How are you connecting to the Universe in a big way? How are you using Spirit in your life? Who is guiding you? What do you need to dissolve?
3/1 Mars turns retrograde. Let’s get our passive aggressive on aggressively. (See Above)
3/2: Saturn retrograde. “Hello darkness my old friend” Like the sounds of silence. (See Above)
3/2: Venus/Mars: love and money opposite passive aggressive and aggressive actions.
Crescent Moon Phase
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What information are you receiving that is speaking to you ‘going alone?” What information is your faith learning about your inner warrior? What information are you learning about being a warrior? What are you learning about what you do when someone is up your grill?
3 / 5: Venus in Aquarius
3 / 6: Jupiter turns direct 5:42am Say hello to your family again (see above)
First Quarter Moon
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that support your communication? What actions are you taking speak to you being a good neighbor? What actions are you taking that make you speak about your faith? If you feel a crisis in faith whom to you reach out to talk about it? Or do you not do it? Why or why not?
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What is going on with your strength? How are you refining it? Where is your inner glamour? Do you have a place to shine? Where is it? Does it need refining? Do you not have a place to shine? WHY NOT?????
Full Moon Phase
March 16, 1:08pm EDT
26 Virgo 02
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
How do you balance having to know all the facts before you move on something versus just going with the flow? How are you too fuzzy and miss important details? How are you too wound up on facts that you miss the power of trust?
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
3/ 17: Mercury enters Pisces
Disseminating Moon Phase
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are sharing your resources? How does your faith ask you to co-mingle with others? Where have you been frozen and where do you need a rebirth that can be shared?
3/20: Sun in Aries. Happy Spring!
Last Quarter Moon Phase
12:15 pm EST
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions can you take that speak to your place in the greater world? If you have been hiding in a kitchen or in a cubicle-- why? No more questions percolate on those two.
Balsamic Moon Phase
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our group of friends. We release our like mindedness with others. It is not forever but release it for these 3.5 days.
ARIES NEW MOON MARCH 30 2:44PM EDT ** TREASURE MAP MOON!
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook