New Moon Articles by Tracy
Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
Pisces NEW MOON 2017 & Solar Eclipse
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? We are at the end of cycle but underneath it we feel the rumbles of our future. What do we need to release because it does not support our good? What needs to melt away?
A Jockey Spurs His Horse, Intent On Outdistancing His Rivals
Pisces New Moon & Solar Eclipse
February 26, 2017
9:58 am EST (8 Pisces 12)
First order of business, let’s talk eclipses. The 2017 eclipses are the following:
Feb 11: Lunar eclipse Leo 22
Feb 28: Solar eclipse Pisces 8
Aug 7: Lunar eclipse Aquarius 15
Aug 21: Solar eclipse Leo 28
This solar eclipse and new moon is our last set of eclipse lessons in Pisces until the Pisces/Virgo cycle returns in nine years. There is much to learn from this 29-day cycle about letting go of this world and moving on into a new world. With Pisces we must release. We benefit when we let things melt away. It is not an ugly fight that Pisces relishes, instead it is all about dissolving. What needs to be dissolved will probably pop up in a meaningful way this cycle.
This Pisces New Moon chart has Mercury/Sun/Moon/Neptune all squished together (conjuction) within a few degrees of each other. And in the neighboring sign of Aries, we have Mars and Uranus on top of each other. And Venus (who will be turning retrograde) is also in Aries. And of course Jupiter in Libra is in opposition to Mars/Uranus. That is a pretty potent chart for little ol’ Pisces cycle.
Let’s unpack the astrology.
Pisces is intuitive, sensitive, artistic and a great humanitarian. At the same time Pisces can be a cold fish and great big addict. Pisces can be critical, confused and deceitful. And Pisces can be shy, caring and gentle. Why are these energies so different? Because Pisces is two fishes. One fish swimming in a direction and then the other fish upside down swimming in the opposite path. It can get murky with Pisces. Those with planets in Pisces know that they can give mixed messages, “Yes, for sure I will be there at four.” Then comes the text, “Sorry I forgot I have something else booked.” Pisces can also be so down and depressed that they fall into victim patterns. Or visa versa. And when they are down they can complain like no other sign. But we hang in there with Pisces because there is something else going on with them beyond their sometimes negativity. Their dreamy magnetism seems to channel something beyond the mundane world They have one foot (or fin) out of this world into a great unknown. What is happening on the other side in their inner Pisces land? We want to know it. We want to touch it. They seem to be hearing dog whistles from brilliant, magical or maybe Godlike places. And if we tell the truth—we are a little jealous of that connection.
No surprise Albert Einstein a big ol’ Pisces.
We also envy their ability to zone into faith and trust when they are spiritual. And for those Pisces who are not spiritual or religious we envy how they still build faith and trust into their life. They may question if there is a god, but there they are in yoga class every day communing with something and finding a zen. Or they’re on a long run musing on the beauty of nature and again perhaps wondering who made it all? This spiritual connection is natural to Pisces
With Neptune, the ruler of Pisces, sitting on the Sun/Moon we know he will also be coloring this whole cycle. For 29 days watch how your faith comes up or how your lack of spirit hits you in the face. Watch and see who is confusing you and don’t be surprised if you are confusing others as well. Of course, Neptune, god of the seas has his trident in the air picking up pulses from the great beyond and the power above. A rod to intuition. This cycle you will be picking up an ‘inner knowing’ or your ‘gut’ will get something. Something that feels off probably is off. And someone who feels like they are lying to you is indeed probably lying. But the lesson is not about the ‘off-ness or the liar” it is about YOU and YOUR GUT.
And maybe what you are picking up is something good and abundant. Will you be able to see it? Do you know how to tune in? If the answer is yes, then great, let Neptune sort things out for you. If not, if you seriously don’t have a good connection to your gut then ask yourself the following: “When did I stop listening to myself?” Perhaps it started only a few years ago. Or maybe it is something that started in youth or in childhood. Given the fact that Mercury is also in conjunction with the Sun and Moon this is another planet that can help you differentiate between what you are told and what you feel in your gut. Mercury is the planet of thinking and it is the planet that likes to take things apart and then put them back together. If there is some rusty wiring about your thinking especially around matters of faith, trust and ‘gut checks’ watch how Mercury helps you clear out the rust. A little rewiring could be in everyone’s future. It is worth noting that the day before the Pisces lunar cycle completes Mercury goes into its shadow. Yes, during Aries lunar month Mercury will be retrograde but its shadow point goes right back to the final day of the Pisces lunar cycle. What happens now influences our future and our future goes back and connects with our history –that is now. Read that twice or three times. The bottom line is we should take the 28 day cycle of Pisces to get our wiring cleaned out so that the Mercury retrograde in Aries can be a little less painful and more about carving out a new road.
Jupiter Uranus Mars
As we have been discussing for several months, Jupiter is in opposition to Uranus for most of 2017. There are three hits: December 26 (2016), March 2 and September 28. Because the March 2 date is a few days after the new moon, Jupiter pressuring Uranus will influence this whole 29-day cycle. Adding more fuel to the fire, Mars gets on top of Uranus (2/26th) and also opposes Jupiter (2/27th) . Mars is Mr. Match next Uranus Mr. Fuel and Jupiter in Libra is a big gust of wind. It would not be overstating these aspects to say something will be burning up. Watch the news for failed negotiations or blustery beliefs (Jupiter in Libra) creating chaos (Uranus Aries) and anger (Mars Aries). Or keeping it personal, someone may step on your final nerve and you go to war. Or you break off your own negotiations. Remember the beauty of Jupiter in Libra is a real desire to make something work. But the downside is that peace at any cost is a world no one wants. These aspects are about breaking down and breaking out. But at the very end of the day they speak to finding a new path.
Venus, the planet of love and values, will retrograde on March 4 at 13 degrees Aries and end on April 15 at 27 degrees of Pisces. Are you feeling all this back and forth between Pisces and Aries energy? Fire and water, heat and cold. Are we hot and bothered or are we cold and clammy? Back and forth and back and forth. We are really juggling between two worlds. How perfectly Pisces. Anyway, back to Venus.
Venus retrogrades about once every 18 months and it lasts six weeks. Venus does not retrograde as often as Mercury but the lessons of Venus retrogrades are just as profound. With Mercury it is our thinking that needs a tune up. With Venus we need to tune up our value and what is our values. Are we valued? Who and what do we value? And in the sign Aries we need to really value self. Is our self worth ‘off”? Many people will understand the value of independence during these six weeks. And for some they will know the importance of being on their own because they are unfortunately not on their own. “I just want to do it myself” will be said and thought many times during the six week retrograde. And given we already have Jupiter in Libra pushing on Uranus and Mars, the scale is tipped to ‘independence’ and breaking out. Now let’s not get ahead of ourself and think all relationships are going to break up and those people who are alone are really destined to be alone. Nope. Many couples will find themselves living rather independent lives during this retrograde but then at the end of the period they come back to each other refreshed and ready to tell tales of their adventures and the new roads that have been paved. And those people who are alone may assess if their desire to be alone is out of self-preservation and fear more than not meeting the ‘right person’. Remember Venus retrograde is starting in this contemplative Pisces lunar cycle where we reflect on release and letting to. What beliefs about love (and money) do we need to release? During this cycle we are getting gentle nudges from the universe about our values. Let’s be kind to our self during the process but consider the inner prompting that we receive and how to move on them going forward.
We are wrapping up this 11- month solar year this month. We will have our Treasure Map Moon next month where we begin a new year. But you cannot have a fresh new year unless you have a thought end to this year. Let Pisces lunar cycle help you release everything that is not good and benefiting your life. The more you release the more you will be connected to your future.
See you at Aries New Moon. You’ll recognize me, I’ll be the person wearing red.
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
Pisces New Moon
February 26, 2017
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: What do you need to release that is not bringing good into your life? What do you need to release that you have outgrown? How can you find your gut? Do you know how to listen to it? Isn’t it time you connect to spirit through your intuition and gut?
2/26 Mars conjunct Uranus (see above)
2/27 Mars opposite Jupiter (see above)
Crescent Moon Phase
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about independence? What are you learning about you energy? How are you experience “self –starter” moments? How is your faith backed by your actions? What are you learning about actions and faith when they are combined?
3/1: Sun conjunct Neptune: Imagination high. As well as gentleness and humanitarism. So is illusion and delusion. Faith and intuition up high.
3/2: Jupiter oppose Uranus: Independence vs co-dependence. Finding balance is challenging. Breaking out going on your own versus building a bridge in relationships. (see above)
March 4: Venus retrograde 13 degrees Aries until April 15 (see above)
March 4: Mercury conjunct Neptune
First Quarter Moon
March 5, 2017
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: How are you communicating your faith? How are you communicating your humanitarian side? How are you actions ‘lightening’ up and yet somehow you are communicating even more? What actions need you take with siblings or neighbors?
3/5: Mars trine Saturn: Actions line up with productivity. Energy that propels action “up” is highlighted. Independence helps to bridge to new experiences.
3/6: Sun conjunct Mercury: Thoughts on faith and “who am I?” are profound and deep and highlighted.
February 7, 2017
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What have your forgotten about your strength? What did you almost neglect that speaks to your pride? How did you almost forget or neglect your self esteem? How can you share your creativity and the part of you that is special?
3/9: Mars enters Taurus
3/12: Mercury square Saturn. Dour. Depressed conversation. Feeling low. Flawed thinking comes up and it clearly is a hurdle.
Full Moon Phase
March 12, 2017
22 Virgo 13
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Full Moon in Virgo. How are details important? How is your daily life and daily schedule important? How are you acknowledging your health and hygiene? If you are not taking care of details how are you paying a price?
Go to blog for full moon report.
3/13: Mercury enters Aries
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing power? How are you sharing the ability of “letting go”? How are sharing the power of ‘release’? How are you sharing transformation? What are you learning about sex, death and rebirth?
3/17: Sun square Saturn. Beliefs versus faith, are they in sync? Hypocrisy will be highlighted. Depression vs righteousness.
3/20: Sun enters Aries
3/23: Mercury square Pluto: Thinking and communication is strident. Harsh. Under the roughness is thoughts of transformation.
Last Quarter Moon Phase
March 20 11:58 am
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions are you taking that support your career? What actions are you taking that are backed by faith and speak to your place in the world? How can you jump up a notch in the world? How does faith play a part in that move up?
Balsamic Moon Phase
March 24, 2017
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our need to be weird. We release our rebel. We release the part of us that is reactionary. We release our instability.
3/25: Sun conjunct Venus
3/26: Mercury conjunct Uranus
Aries New Moon March 27 10:57pm(7 Aries 37)
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook