New Moon Articles by Tracy
2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
The Second Aquarius NEW MOON of 2015
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? What are the cosmos telling you about your brilliance and weirdness? How do you fit into the bigger picture? Are you still denying there is even a bigger picture? Stop that now.
Deeply Rooted In The Past Of A Very Ancient Culture, A Spiritual Brotherhood In Which Many Individual Minds Are Merged Into The Glowing Light Of A Unanimous Consciousness Is Revealed To One Who Has Emerged Successfully From His Metamorphosis
Wow. That is a mouthful.
AQUARIUS NEW MOON
Feb 18, 2015
29 Aquarius 59
Happy Lent! And Happy Chinese New Year to all of you! May you have a great Wood Sheep Year.
This is a weird new moon.
It is a brand new moon but it is at the last degree of Aquarius. In fact two minutes after the new moon launches the Sun and the Moon move into Pisces. Technically, it is an Aquarius New Moon at 29 degrees but it is being influenced by Pisces. The last five months have been auspicious with four new moons at Zero degrees (October through January) and then the last two at 29 degrees (March 20th will be at 29th degree of Pisces). These new moons highlight the knowledge and power of being at the very beginning of a journey and the knowledge and security of being at the end of the journey. When you start a road trip you are excited with anticipation. When you are in the final miles of a road trip you are excited that your journey is completing. Having a new moon at the final degree of a sign is a little bit like starting a journey on the edge between a desert and a jungle. Two entirely different terrains and one journey connects them. We are going into a new land. Like a boy scout we should always be prepared.
So, what is the focus of this, our second Aquarius New Moon?
When we launched the first Aquarius lunar cycle 29 days ago we were finding our tribe of like-minded people, we were focused on finding our brilliance and our weirdness. We found our own inner beautiful weird compass. Great. Now we begin another 29 days and we should once again, not be afraid of our brilliance and weirdness and our ‘tribes’. But what is the point of being brilliant and weird and finding our tribe if it does not elevate us? With Pisces lapping on the shores of this new moon we need to ask bigger questions like how does our brilliance, weirdness and oddness help connect us to the Universe? How are we finding our place in the cosmos?
Pisces knows that we are apart of a much bigger picture. There is something far greater going on. We need to pay attention to synchronistic events. Look at all coincidences that come up in the next 29 days. You should continue to be brilliant and weird but not lose sight that you are apart of a bigger story.
And how do your friends or your tribe connect to this bigger picture? Recently, I had a friend of mine win an award for her writing. I could not have been more excited if it had been me. And in fact I found myself getting misty when I heard the news. I was standing in the market when I got the text. Right there at the cash register I welled up. And I realized that I had been in a tribe drought. None of my friends have had a really good thing happen to them in the last few years. I didn’t even realize it until I felt something swell inside me. Pride for my friend. Pride for my tribe. Pride for “us”. To be fair, I am a bit numb to marriages or the birth of babies and of course they are happiness and depending on the circumstances they too can elevate a group. But this felt different and at that moment I thought about our second Aquarius New Moon. What does it mean to be connected to a larger group? How do your peeps elevate you? How do you elevate them? How do the actions of others put wind in your sails? And how are we connected to one another in a cosmic sense?
If the last Aquarius new Moon asked us who is our tribe? Maybe this new moon we ask ‘how is our tribe doing?” If we were asking to find our brilliance and weirdness maybe now we ask to use both in a way that connects with the bigger, hidden world. Use this 29-day cycle to send beeps out to the universe and see what comes back. What person or situation shows up? Maybe some of our tribe is out in the wilderness looking for us. Maybe we hold a missing piece to a puzzle. Maybe there is a person holding a missing puzzle piece for you. See who pops up in your life in the next 29 days and see how it all fits in a cosmic way.
On this New Moon chart the Sun and Moon are ringing the bells of all the outer planets. This doesn’t happen often but what we have is Sun and Moon in semi square to Pluto and semi square to Uranus. And Sun and Moon in conjunction to Neptune. Uranus, Neptune & Pluto were discovered only after telescopes were invented. Early astronomers knew there was ‘something’ out there and used math to figure it out. But it wasn’t until optical devices were created that eventually each planet was seen (and discovered) in 18th (Uranus) 19th (Neptune) and 20th (Pluto) centuries. These planets represent things we don’t normally ‘see’. What moves a group of people to a revolution? Uranus. What moves art to a new form? Neptune. What drives a war underground? Pluto.
Having the New Moon chart in aspect to all of these planets suggests something bigger is being activated. If you are being moved to do something personal do not be surprised if someone else is feeling the same thing. Something odd (Uranus) or something humanitarian (Neptune) or something empowering (Pluto) may come from out of the blue or it may be something you have been thinking about for a long time but now you are finally doing it. We are all being called by the Universe and do not be surprised if you find yourself with someone doing something that is so odd but you remember reading this report and you think to yourself, “ah-ha. I’m on time.”
Along with the outer planets the Sun and Moon are also in square with Saturn. Righteousness and religious zealots will be in the news again this 29 day cycle. We should expect people to do stuff in the name of God that is wildly misguided. Crazy groups of people will continue to inflict pain. There is an expression that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Meaning, if you have a chain made out of hard steel but one small link is made out of a soft metal like copper, then that chain when tugged will break at the copper point. With Saturn all of the soft metals will be exposed. Watch to see what stories in the news pop up that expose weak areas. You may also see it in your own personal life. But remember with Saturn he only exposes it so we can fix it. Saturn loves to build something from scratch up. And although Saturn delays he never denies. Here’s to late bloomers!
What is fascinating about the new moon chart is that the Sun and Moon are in aspect to Uranus, Pluto and Saturn and all of these planets have significant action during this 29-day cycle. As soon as the new moon kicks off we will be getting the information of all three planets. Hopefully preparing us for what will later unfold.
On March 14 Saturn turns retrograde. And two days later on March 16th we get the final square between Uranus and Pluto.
Saturn retrograde March 14 until August 1
Saturn is retrograde for six months every year. Of course like all retrogrades I am inclined to remind you that it is not that the planets actually go backwards, it is the appearance of them going backwards that we speak about when we talk about retrograde. Anyway, Saturn retrograde is actually not so bad given Saturn is such a hard working planet. To have it slow down makes sense because it would be silly to work hard and then at the end of a project realize you were ‘off’ somewhere early. On this Saturn retrograde, Saturn will travel from 5 degrees of Sagittarius all the way back to 28 degrees of Scorpio. Sag speaks to our goals, visions and expanding our world. It is also righteous and can fall into zealotry and bigotry. Remember all of us have Sag somewhere in our chart and right now Saturn is transiting it. We are getting our seriousness on in that house. For some people it is their fifth house of creativity, for some it is their fourth house of family others have it in their seventh house of partnerships. Whatever house it is in, you’re feeling compelled to get serious about stuff related to that house. You also may feel a loss or a lack. However, before you go all gangbuster and ‘get the job done’ to fix it or built it we are asked to raise our heads up and look at where we are, re-evaluate and then go back to work. Where have you been off? Where have your eyes been too big for your stomach? Where do you feel humbled? What project have you said yes to in the last few months that maybe now seem misguided or bigger than you realize? Take the next six months to re-evaluate and re-tool your goals. When Saturn crosses out of Sag and back into Scorpio (June 16) we will assess our resources. Do we have the time, the energy and the money to tackle our goals? Or do we need to go back to the drawing board and rethink? As I indicated the New Moon chart launched on Feb 18 has a harsh aspect with Saturn which may send a message to all of us that we may have taken on something a wee bit big that needs to be rethought. My sense is by the time Saturn turns retrograde on March 14th we won’t be surprised where we need to apply the brakes. Take the next six months to retool your goals with Saturn’s help.
For those of you old enough to remember, the last time Saturn was in Sagittarius was between 1986-1988. During that time it was retrograde March through August of ’86 and again March – August 1987. Consider what was going on with you at that time and how it applies to now.
Uranus Pluto March 16
The New Moon on 2/18 is in aspect with both Uranus and Pluto and right from the start of the lunar month we should get hints where we need to work on the tension between these two planets. Then by the time we get to March 16th we will have our final push between Uranus and Pluto. This journey started in 2012 and is now wrapping up. For the record it does not exactly end the next day. We should expect the energy to unwind for the rest of the year. But the fever breaks on March 16. How has the tension been playing out in your life? If you know your chart then look to see which houses have early degrees of Aries and Capricorn. And even if you don’t know your chart where are you breaking out and doing your own thing (Uranus Aries) and being a leader with confidence (Pluto Capricorn). Where are you doing hard work? Where are you being independent? Where are you in the middle of a revolution and where are you in the middle of an evolution? If you have a revolution but no evolution then you are wasting your time. If you are having evolution without revolution then you are stuck. This has been a unique opportunity for all of us Earthlings. Uranus and Pluto only do an aspect like this about once every thirty years. So the next time they get into it again will be 2040’s. Do you really want to wait until then to hack through your evolution and revolution? Where are you being called to evolve and to revolt? Don’t only do one…do both. It has been a long, hard haul for all of us. Go back to 2012 and think what has changed since then. Think about changes you wanted to make since then but have not done it yet. Even if it can’t be accomplished by March 16th what would it look like for you to do the effort now to make the changes? Every thing must start somewhere, let your new you, start now.
In conclusion: This is going to be one weird lunar cycle. Seriously weird. I’m not saying aliens will land on front lawns but it will be odd for sure. Take a look at your life and see where a little weird might be a good thing. And look at your tribe, are you with your right peeps? Is there another group where you might belong? Perhaps we are all having the same dream and need to wake up and find each other.
See you on the other side at the next moon which is also a bit odd and a solar eclipse on March 20th. Until then tune into your weird frequency and go out there and be with the world.
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
Feb 18, 2015
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: Who are your peeps? How are you all connected to one another? Is there someone out there you haven’t met yet? How are you connected to them and you don’t even know it yet but you know they are out there. How do you fit into the cosmic order of things? Are you still telling yourself, “I don’t know?” Sto it, assume you know and let the evidence speak to you.
2/18: Sun enters Pisces. Get your woo-woo on.
2/19: Mars enters Aries . Get your warrior on.
2/20: Venus enters Aries. Fiery love. Put some action to your love.
2/21: Venus conjunct Mars. Love and War united. Energized love.
Crescent Moon Phase
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about your independence? What are you learning about shooting straight? What are you learning about breaking free? What are you learning about putting YOU first?
2/23: Sun sq Saturn: Religion vs Spiritual. Righteous versus ‘lost’.
2/24: Venus Trine Saturn: Love of hard work. Working hard for love. Being practical about love.
First Quarter Moon
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take that support your communication? What actions can you take that support your neighborhood? What actions can you take that support you connecting with others? What actions can you support you being ‘light’? What actions can you do that support NEW thinking?
2/25: Mars Trine Saturn. Actions build toward future. Taking visions and putting them to work.
2/25: Sun con. Neptune. Dreamy, disconnected. Highly sensitive.
10:01 am EST
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What have we missed about being courageous? Where have we missed our strength? What have we missed about our self- esteem? How is our creativity serving our community?
3/1: Mercury sext. Uranus. Creativity, mental agility. Lively communication.
3/1: Mercury opposite Jupiter. Big Talk. Not small talk but big talk. Watch exaggeration.
3/3: Jupiter trine Uranus. Unexpected opportunities. Doorways open up in weird ways.
3 /4 Venus trine Jupiter. Big love. Big opportunity.
3/ 4 Venus con Uranus. Unusual examples of love, breaking out for love and creativity.
3/ 4 Venus square Pluto. Love is challenged by power. What is stronger?
Full Moon Phase
March 5, 2015
1:05 pm EST
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: This full moon is focused on WORK and DAILY activities and taking care of DETAILS. How are YOU your best employee for you?
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
March 8—USA time changes to Daylight time.
5:00 pm EDT
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your joint resources? How are you sharing joint power? How are you sharing the ability to probe and dig in deep? How are sharing the value of being ‘black’ and being ‘white’?
3/9: Mars trine Jupiter. Actions that expand world. Actions that cross bridges and divides.
3 /11: Mars conjunct Uranus. Rebellious warriors. Breaking up stuff for no other reason than to break up stuff. Sparks and flames.
3 11: Mars square Pluto. Abrupt actions go up against Powerful forces. Push meets Shove.
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions can you take that speak to your inspiration? What actions can you take that get your out of your own way to be ‘bigger’? What actions can you take that help build bridges between you and others? What actions can you take that improve your education?
3/14: Saturn Retrograde 11:02am 4 Sag56 (See above)
3/14: Mercury semisq Mars. Mental breakdowns. Actions that are thoughtless
3/16: Mercury square Saturn . Hard thoughts. Harsh communication. No wiggle room.
3 16. Uranus square Pluto (see above) And now that is over. Did I make the most of it?
Balsamic Moon Phase
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our tribe. We release ‘like minded’. We release being a rebel. We release the collective.
3/17: Venus enters Taurus.
3/18: Mercury conjunct Neptune. Dreamy thoughts, fuzzy communication. A lot of “I don’t knows”
PISCES 29 Degree NEW MOON Solar Eclipse
5:36 AM EDT
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook