New Moon Articles by Tracy
Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
Libra NEW MOON 2016
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? Who is shallow? Who is fake? And is it working for you? What needs to be negotiated? Where are you seeing the value in compromise?
Three “Old Masters” Hanging On The Wall Of A Special Room In An Art Gallery
Libra New Moon
September 30, 2016
8 Libra 15
Welcome to Libra New Moon
Did we survive August and the eclipses? Perhaps a little scratched and bruised but we made it. Great. Let’s clean ourselves up, fix our hair, straighten our skirt or out tie and get our Libra on!
First order of business: What’s going on with your Treasure Map? We made our maps back on Aries New Moon, six months ago and now we are at the opposition of that Map cycle. It is time to take a moment and reflect upon it. Pull out your map and assess the growth. What has manifested that is on your map? Can you see the growth? What still needs to unfold? What do you feel when you look at the success? What do you feel when you see what still needs to be accomplished? Do you want to just give up? Tsk Tsk. Remind yourself you have six more months. A whole world can manifest in six months. On Libra new moon consider if there are parts of your map that need a bit more commitment from you. Where do you need to partner with your map? We will revisit the map again at Capricorn in three months let’s see what transpires between now and then.
Libra is the 7th sign of the zodiac. We have wrapped up the first six signs, which are dedicated to our personal place in the world. Now on Libra we look up and concern ourselves with the other humans that take up space on planet Earth. In Libra, we are focused on our partner and partnerships. And let me set you straight, even if you don’t have a husband or wife or boyfriend or girlfriend, you still have partnerships. There is the person at your work who relies on you, that is a partnership. There are people in your charity or maybe it is family member or a friend who is a partner. Whoever is your partner consider the energy between the two you. What is that connection? How much of you shows up for that person? How much does that person show up for you? What is the give and take between the two of you? And most importantly, what new negotiations do you need to improve your partnership? Do you have to give up a bit of control? Do you need the other person to pick up some of the slack? How much of your authentic self is showing?
On this new moon chart, the Sun and Moon are in conjunction with Jupiter. Jupiter in Libra loves big relationships. “So & So is a great couple!” That is a perfect Jupiter in Libra catchphrase. On this 29- day lunar cycle you may be aware of “great couples”. By observing other couples you may consider how you can bring some of that greatness into your own relationships. Jupiter on the Sun Moon could manifest a lot of parties and activities and a desire to be more social. Again, remember we just wrapped up 6 months of looking at our navel. Now we want to get out and socialize and be with others. Let’s get this party started!
Jupiter is one of the law planets, in particular the interpretation of the law. Libra of course is the scales of balance and fairness of laws.
For those people who have legal matters that need attention this 29 day cycle would be an excellent time to focus on them. Don’t be surprised with the Sun/Moon/Jupiter aspect if legal issues are pushed into the news.
And what does it feel like to negotiate? And what about compromise? How would you benefit by either? And do you have any weird issues around compromise/negotiation? Do you think it is a sign of weakness? Really? In 2016 you think that? Stop it. Take these 29-day days to learn the power of compromise and negotiation.
Libra rules women, beauty and charm. Jupiter has a ginormous gravity. It is interesting that Mr. Trump, one of our presidential candidates, has put all that Libra energy in the news in a big way through a beauty pageant winner. Like I said Jupiter is ginormous. How that works out for him will be learned on November 8.
Venus the ruler of Libra trines Neptune bringing a tinge of mystical, spiritual and synchronicity to the 29 day lunar cycle. Especially in matters of love, values, sex, death with rebirth, taxes and joint resources. It is a curious juxtaposition of heaviness and thoughtfulness. Perhaps the light touch of Libra is what the heaviness needs? It is also important to remember that Neptune spent all 2016 with its boob in the ringer dealing with tough ass Saturn. Righteousness and hypocrisy both personally and globally got our attention for most of the year. Now that the aspect is officially complete, this aspect may have us revisiting where we have not “walked our talk”. Compassion about our own flaws can heal and perhaps deepen our relationships. And heal our relationship with self.
The cycle is not exactly free of tension. The New Moon chart has the Sun and Moon square Mars and Pluto. The tension could bring out Libra’s misbehaving nature. Beware of shallow responses where there needs to be depth, beware of fake where there needs to be authentic, beware of superficial where there needs to be introspection. At the same time responsibility that is too great will need to be negotiated. Responsibilities that are too heavy need to be prioritized or eliminated. And of course, everyone should consider if passivity is being used as a way to avoid authenticity and power or perhaps both.
In conclusion: Jupiter in Libra can bring a whole lot of abundance and greatness especially with relationships for the next year. Let’s take the gift of this 29 day lunar cycle to really get the gravity of Jupiter by finding the power in negotiation and compromise, finding the beauty and charm in our world and expanding on it and of course making peace where some tired old war is bogging us down. Aren’t you tired of the fight? Good. You are getting a feel for Jupiter in Libra.
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
Libra New Moon
September 30, 2016
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: What needs to be negotiated? Where do you need to compromise? Where do you need to prioritize? Where is your charm? Are you using it? Where do you need balance? How is your partner balancing you out? How are you balancing your partner?
10/1: Venus/Neptune: Gentle love both from partner and the global humanity.
10/4: Sun Sxt Saturn: Inspiration with a little hard work brings joy
Crescent Moon Phase
October 4, 2016
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about your resources? What are you learning about your sex life? How about taxes? How about banking? How about loans? How does co mingle resources impact your relationship(s)? How are you connected to others through money?
10/5: Venus SXT Pluto. Love is transformative. Beauty and creative get a boost. Old becomes new.
10/5: Mars Square Jupiter. Opinions and actions are in conflict. Stepping on Johnson. Pushing too far. Find the brakes!
10/7: Mercury enters Libra.
First Quarter Moon
October 9, 2016
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take that push your career forward? How do you and your partner support each other’s career? How are you and your partner like a CEO in each other’s lives? How would you benefit by a partner in your career? Are you prepared to act on it?
10/10: Mercury/ Venus, tough language and hard thinking about creativity, money and love.
10/11: Venus/Jupiter. Creativity and resources are stretched. Over indulgence. Being too big and paying a price on love and money.
10/11: Mars/Neptune. Actions based on faith are highlighted. Actions based on helping humanity. Actions based on Creativity.
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What needs to be refined about your faith? How are you refining spirit in your life? How are you refining religion in your life? How are you refining meditation or your psychic ability? How are you refining your contemplative nature? How does your partner support your faith?
10/15: Sun/Uranus. Breathroughs or breakdowns. Creativity or chaos. Partners are stretched. Tension in partnerships. Independence versus being a duo.
10/15: Mercury SQ Pluto. Deep thinking. Dark conversation. Black and white thinking. Suspicious thinking. Manipulative words.
Full Moon Phase
October 16, 2016
23 Aries 14
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Full Moon in Aries. How are you independent? How are you true to you? How are you honest? How do you break out from others? How are taking your own path? How in your relationship can you still have independence?
Go to blog for full moon report.
10/16: Venus/Mars. Actions in conflict with love. Actions in conflict with love. Cold as ice versus intimidate. Actions are ‘off’.
10/18: Venus in Sagittarius.
10/18: Venus/Pluto. Manipulative love. Manipulative money. Feeling deep down dark feelings about resources and values. Death and rebirth are vital about values.
10/19: Mars Con. Pluto. Actions based on deep feelings about taking control. Needing to harness anger. Needing to harness death and rebirth.
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your knowledge? How are you sharing the ability to communicate? How are you sharing your “light touch”? What are you sharing with you neighbors? How is gossip impacting you and your partner?
10/20 Mercury Opp Uranus. Abrupt conversations. Chaotic thought or breakdown and breakthrough thinking.
10/21 Sun semi Saturn . Tired. Hard to get excited. Wet blankets everywhere.
10/22 Sun in Scorpio
Last Quarter Moon Phase
October 22, 2016
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions are you taking that support your emotions? How do your emotions support your partner? How does your partner support your emotions? What actions can you take that support your emotions within and without your partner?
10/23: Mercury Semi Saturn. Thoughts are low energy. A bit depressed or melancholy language. Trying to find focus hard. Snappy talk.
10/24: Mercury in Scorpio
10/25: Venus/Neptune. Deception, cuckoo, melancholy love. Truth not accurate. Values feel fuzzy.
10/26: Venus Jupiter. Abundandance. Big love. Big pleasures. Values expand. Big creativity. Big Fun.
Balsamic Moon Phase
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our critical nature. We release our workaholic. We release our “Micro-thinking”. We release our anxiety. We release our insecurity.
10/27 Sun/Mercury: Precise thinking. Laser and penetrating thoughts and communication. Digging deep. Transformative and psychological.
10/29: Venus/Saturn. Serious about love and education and travel. Resources put to long vision. Values are supported.
10/30: Mercury/Neptune. Thinking is gentle. Creative thoughts, unworldly thoughts and communication. Talking about faith and intuition.
Scorpio New Moon October 30 1:38pm(7 Scorpio 43)
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook