New Moon Articles by Tracy
Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
Sagittarius NEW MOON 2016
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? Can you find your wisdom? Can your find your inspiration? Can you do it in a shit storm? Good. Now do it.
Within The Depths Of The Earth New Elements Are Being Formed
Sagittarius New Moon
November 29, 2016
7:18am (7 Sag 42)
And…welcome to Sagittarius New Moon.
We are now at the time of our final fire sign of the zodiac. The first fire sign was of course, Aries, where we set our Treasure Maps. In Aries the fire burns high with white-hot flames. The second fire sign is Leo where it is a strong roaring flame, not as combustible as Aries but still strong. And now at the time of Sagittarius we have a low flame but with cinders that are still hot. As much as we love our action oriented hot Aries and our solid Leo flames, the fire of Sag can be the most inspirational as we try to find our way through the darkness of the winter nights with only our small flame to keep us warm. It is this flame that gives us faith.
During Sag we set our sights on goals. We want to accomplish something or we want to experience something not for a cocky reason of “Oh, look at me,” but rather to feel inspired. “It would feel great if I ______”
Sag the Centaur (half man half horse) has his handy bow and arrow and is always looking for targets! We set goals that inspire us. We set goals that support our faith. We set goals that expand our world. We set goals that excite us. We set goals that challenge us. We set goals to help us find our enthusiasm.
During Sag we dust off the debris that has collected on us since spring and we go back to the flame and let it warm us up and we say, “Okay, what’s next for me?”
This new moon we have the Sun/Moon in wide conjunction with Saturn the taskmaster and the Sun/Moon are in square with Neptune. This chart is a call back to the last year where Saturn Squared Neptune. November 26, June 18 & September 10 were the dates of Saturn Square Neptune. After September the two planets pulled away from each other. Fine. Good. Get outta here you two buttheads. And so for the last couple of months we have been taking a sigh of relief as they pulled away. Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at ‘coincidences’ on this New Moon, the Sun and the Moon are right in that sweet spot where they are pushing on both Saturn and Neptune. “Hey, Saturn do I have your attention?” “Hey, Neptune can you hear me?” Yep the Sun & Moon in Sag are gunning to go back in time a bit. For 29 days we may find ourselves revisiting issues that came up during the last year (perhaps peaking around Nov 2015, June & September 2016).
Maybe we feel like we have been here before and we can handle a similar situation that we experienced earlier but this time handle it in a more productive manner. Saturn loves to be productive! With Saturn in Sag and Neptune in Pisces and the Sun/Moon in the mix we are once again being pressured to Walk-Our-Talk. If we aren’t doing it we will probably get slapped around by the Universe at least once or twice this cycle. Or if we are staying true to our world we may come up to those people who are not so ethical. And that will cause us to go deeper and still –walk our talk. Some things are easier said or typed than done. But so be it, we gotta keep our side of the street clean. Remember we do it to inspire ourselves!
For 29 days we may certainly see righteous behaviors both in our private world and in the general news. And with Neptune we will undoubtedly see total liars. Or if we don’t see it, we could intuit something not being ‘right’. The question is what do we do at this time when we are putting our sights on some goals and we are stoking our flames to be inspired but in all that positive energy we smell something ‘off’? What is the answer? Get Sag about it. Get philosophical. Go to church (Sag environment) Turn to someone with wisdom. Reach beyond your world and ask for an answer. You may be surprised by the answers. Perhaps you will be inspired by the answer you receive and from whom you receive it.
If someone is exaggerating that is a big Sag word, use Saturn and take them with a grain of salt. And remember your goals and the things that inspire you are not reliant on liars or people who don’t tell the whole story. Your goals are between you and your maker and that is all you need to know. Being in touch with our maker is inspiring.
Go inside and find your truth. And never veer too far from it.
And what could be more fun than a cycle with a Sun Moon conjunct Saturn Square Neptune? -How about a Mercury Retrograde!
On December 1 Mercury moves into its shadow period (28 Sag 50)
On December 19 5:55am (15 Cap 07) Mercury stations retrograde
On January 8 4:43am Mercury stations direct (28 Sag 50 Sag)
On January 28 Mercury exits shadow (15 Cap 07)
Mercury retrograde in Capricorn speaks to us getting our practicality on. Mercury in Capricorn hates wastes. It is also conservative in thinking. For many people who have a zig zag thought process going from one thing to another and have a difficult time focusing, this Mercury retrograde in Capricorn may slow them down a bit.
Mercury retrograde in Capricorn will have its mind on its money and money on its mind (thank you, Snoop Dog). We will also be thinking about how we are practical in our place in the world. There will be thoughts about our station in life and if it is working for us. Are we playing into a caste system? Even if we live in free democratic societies are we still buying into a class? We have a lot to think about during the retrograde about our station in life and if it works for us.
As always double check all your important papers and if you are traveling make sure you go over all your arrangements and clarify with the hotels and airlines etc that you are good. No big purchases either for three weeks.
Jupiter opposite Uranus
On December 26 we will have the second round of Jupiter energy that started back in November.
Let’s go over those dates again:
Jupiter Square Pluto
November 24, 2016
March 30, 2017
August 4, 2017
Jupiter oppose Uranus
December 26, 2016
March 2, 2017
September 27, 2017
Jupiter the biggest planet of the zodiac does not take hostages when he gets into it with any other planet. He is just so big he just sucks in a lot of us. Case in point on November 24 when Jupiter brushed up to Pluto we found ourselves in the United States with Green candidate Jill Stein asking for a recount of votes in the Presidential election. On December 26, Jupiter will now take on Uranus. Uranus is the biggest disruptor planet. He likes a good revolution. He is different from Pluto who likes to evolve instead Uranus likes to shakes things up.
Go back to November 24 and ask what was going on with you and see if it connects to December 26. One thing that is obvious for Americans to ponder and that is the fact that November 24 was Thanksgiving and now the 26 is right smack in the Christmas Holidays. Perhaps we are up to our eyeballs in family? Or maybe it is the stress of holidays. Jupiter in Libra is looking for balance and wants to be fair. But at the same time Uranus in Aries is saying, “What about me?” We are part Narcissist and part Co-Dependent. Maybe we have to find that spot in between and take care of our self and tell the truth? In the Sag lunar cycle we might find it easier than expected.
Seek to be inspired while you seek to inspire. Don’t get too wrapped up in righteous indignation. It will tire you out and it is not inspiring in the long run. Be practical for sure and be practical about how you inspire. And if you hit a low spot, reach out beyond your circle and see if someone is not standing there holding a candle for you. Follow the light. I will do the same.
See you in Capricorn.
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
Sagittarius New Moon
November 29, 2016
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: What needs to be inspiring? How do you find your inspiration. Where do you find wisdom? How are you wise? What seeds are you planting for some goals? Where are you placing the sights of your arrow and can you zing your arrow? Go for the target!
11/29: Venus sq Uranus: Stress around love and values. Weirdness. Controlling meets rebel. Disconnected.
11/30: Sun sq Neptune: Illusion. Beliefs seem fuzzy. Opinions perhaps cuckoo. Liars take center stage. Same with big mouths.
12/1: Mars tri Jupiter: Actions that are big and bold and in sync with beliefs. Great time to meet people who are ‘foreign’.
12/2: Mercury enters Capricorn
Crescent Moon Phase
December 3, 2016
8:34 am EST
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about your executive skills? What are you learning about your business like nature? What are you learning about inner CEO? What are you learning about leading others?
First Quarter Moon
December 7, 2016
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take that activate your faith? What actions are you taking that speaks to spirituality? What actions are you taking that activate creativity? What actions are you taking that activate a part of you that is greater than you? How can you activate the great disconnect or unknown in order to connect to faith?
12/7: Venus enters Aquarius
12/10: Sun conjunct Saturn. How are you focused? Discipline? How are focused and discipline about your beliefs and beliefs. How is your knowledge holding you back or propelling you?
December 10, 2016
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What needs to be refined in your finances? What needs to be refined in the way you are practical? What needs to be refined in your way of building something from the ground up? What needs to be refined in your properties.
12/11: Sun Tri Uranus. Creativity, visionary, boldness, breakouts that bridge to others. Things that are foreign support us.
Full Moon Phase
December 13, 2016
22 Gemini 25
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Full Moon in Gemini. How are you connecting? How do you connect your beliefs with others? How are you superficial and does it work for you? Or are you able to use a light touch to share your beliefs? How do you find wisdom? How are you rational or do you rationalize too much?
Go to blog for full moon report.
December 17, 2016
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your strength? How are you sharing your pride? How are you showing bravery? How are you showing integrity? Do you know the difference between ego and self esteem? Can you share the difference?
12/19: Mars enters Pisces
12/19: Mercury Retrograde (see above)
Last Quarter Moon Phase
December 20, 2016
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions are you taking that
12/21: Sun enter Capricorn
Balsamic Moon Phase
December 24, 2016
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our need to control. We release our black and white? We release our fear of death and rebirth.
12/24 Saturn trine Uranus. Creativity and focus. Discipline and creativity. Break outs. Actions that build something new.
12/25: Venus/Jupiter: Big money. Big love. New groups. New partnerships.
12/26: Jupiter oppose Uranus. (see above)
12/28: Sun/ Mercury. What did you almost forget? How is being the boss of you important? What does your inner CEO tell you what is important?
Capricorn New Moon December 29 2:53am (7 Capricorn 59)
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook