New Moon Articles by Tracy
Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
VIRGO NEW MOON 2010 –
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is when the moon is between the sun and the earth and the illuminated part of the moon is very small. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a small, skinny section of moon.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the different phases of the moon for eons, Astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days. .
Okay what is this cycle about? We had a tough summer but in the middle of all that angst, ask yourself if new foundations appeared? By taking care of the details during this cycle we will add to the foundation that will help us on a new path.
September 8, 6:30am (EDT)
Sabian Symbol: Orangutan: The keyword is DEXTERITY. When positive the degree is man’s ability to strip himself to fundamentals and there stand proudly on his own and when negative; self justification in crudity or violence.
Congratulations! We made it to Virgo New Moon! How are you feeling? A little beat up? A lot exhausted? Stretched like a rubber band? It has been a tough summer but finally the super icky cardinal aspects have passed. One part of us can breathe a little easier, but I will not let down my guard until Libra lunar cycle is complete then we can put on a party hat (sort of) for a month or two. In the meantime we are still processing the hangover of the cardinal aspects from the summer. All of that tension put emphasis on breaking free, power plays, feeling manipulated and manipulating, righteousness and creative breakthroughs no less painful than childbirth. In short, all of us were on the same summer vacation ….we were in that hotel between a rock and hard place.
Now, after all that tension we wash up on Virgo shore. How perfect! Of course, “Perfect” is a Virgo word or more specific ‘perfecting’ is Virgo. Virgo is the second earth sign of the zodiac and therefore is rooted in grounded information. It is not airy fairy, it is not overly emotional and it is not rash. It likes to think things through before it acts. It loves to build upon existing structures and fine tune them. Perfecting things and offering up realistic, practical, logical solutions. Imagine a house with its foundation, walls and roof. At first glance the house is built. But on closer inspection we see that pipes need to be laid and tightened, sewer lines need to be separated from incoming fresh water pipes, electrical outlets need to be inserted, in short –the house needs details before it can be a thriving home. Those important details are where we are now. If we think about the bumps we experienced in the last few months and the feelings that came up ---we probably can find an area (or areas) that has the beginnings of a new foundation but needs help to move us to the next step. This is not a time of the year where we get perspective by looking back and assessing where we have been. Nope, that is another lunar cycle. Right now we are still stinging from summer but we must stay close to the job at hand. What details need to be put in place? What daily work can be applied to our foundations? Our mind will be circling the concept of how we spend our days. Where do we put our time? And is it in synch with those new foundations? If it is not we will now need to make practical changes to our daily life so we are in synch with what we want for our life.
If we are completely baffled as what is our new foundations then we need only look to the areas of our life that feel insecure. Why? Because nervous insecurity is also a trait of Virgo. As great as Virgo is about taking care of details it also has a tendency to get caught up in worthy issues. Not feeling ‘good enough’ can fuel Virgo’s engine. “If I just make myself perfect enough then I will be loveable, rich, confident, successful or ______.” Fill in the blank. This is the dark side of Virgo and when they are really trapped in this energy they can be in such a frenzied state that they don’t even know up from down. They are just running around like a whirling dervish with this thing to be done, or that thing to do, one very long “To Do” list which again reinforces their belief that that once ____ is done they will be able to receive joy, abundance and love. Of course every sign has hubris and in Virgo’s case they hide behind, “I guess I’m a perfectionist” and they look down their noses on the rest of plebeians as lazy or fuzzy. But we look back at them wondering, “Hmm, maybe your desire to micro manage is actually based on fear?” “ And by the way, eff you for being so critical of me!”
Adding to Virgos natural nervous energy, this New Moon we have the Sun/Moon in Virgo semi-square Venus. This is a semi harsh aspect and it does put emphasis on values which include money, creativity, art and love (ers). Notice if any frenzied energy comes off these issues for the next 28 days. As a woman, I find harsh New Moon aspects with Venus extra annoying. I look in the mirror and I’m confident my make up is hurting my face more than improving it. (Darn that Venus). It could also make me feel out of synch with my husband. Or perhaps I needed to race to the bank and make sure the deposits are in. But under all the insecurity is a need to refine or rethink the details on the foundation of my ‘house’. Perhaps it is not my eye shadow or mascara that is the problem but instead I need to find another creative outlet? Or maybe I need to find a practical application of my desire to bring in more income? Money, love, arts and creativity will be prodded along during this cycle. But under you first reaction ask if there is something deeper that needs to be addressed?
Luckily, at the beginning of the cycle we will have some major planetary shifts that should support us as we work out details and refinement in our lives. On September 9, Jupiter will move back into Pisces. Earlier I mentioned that Virgo is not the time of the year to look backwards and assess where we have been. This is true. However, we do get a moment or two of self reflection with Jupiter’s return to Pisces. As we know Jupiter is Jove, the judge of all the other planets, and he is very capable of looking at the landscape and calling right from wrong. But in the sign of Pisces we are often looking at our ‘own misdeeds’. Where did we make some mistakes? Where did we miss the mark? For the next four months as Jupiter is in Pisces we will have to assess our mistakes and ultimately forgive ourselves. Pisces also has a penchant for seeing itself as a victim and or martyr and god knows Jupiter has a huge gravitational pull so that we feel like things fly into our lives that are completely out of our control. Perhaps that is true. But while Jupiter is in Pisces we should go with the flow and see what comes up. And as we process it, just for sport, consider it a task sent by your higher power and no matter how rough it gets tell yourself, “ I don’t know why I am dealing with this now---but I will do it and I sure the ‘eff won’t personalize it.” Can you do that? Of course you can, it’s Jupiter, Baby!
On September 12, Mercury turns direct at 6 degrees Virgo. As I indicated back in August this Mercury retrograde in Virgo is somewhat easier (Please note I say “somewhat”) because Mercury is the ruling planet of Virgo. In many ways this retrograde feels like a landlord of a building going through and gutting all his apartments while we tenants are still living in them. Completely disruptive, a total mess, we seem to be skirting on the edge of total chaos but at the same time we know the refurbishment will improve our lives. Missteps and miscommunication and seemingly apparent backward moves will actually mean something important to us later. Perhaps many of us fixed things that had been broken for months. Perhaps things totally collapsed but those things had outlived their usefulness. It has been a long haul since Mercury moved into Virgo on July 27 and by the time it leaves Virgo on October 3 we should have accomplished a lot of the tidying up that our lives needed (whether we knew it or not). Again, this puts the emphasis on taking care of important details. Are you seeing a theme?
On September 14, Pluto will turn direct at 3 degrees of Capricorn. Back in April Pluto turned retrograde at 6 degrees so as you can see it only moved three degrees but what a powerful three degrees. In that time, BP sprung a leak and we all had to take a look at our oil consumption. And if we gave it no mind then we had to look at the work load on our desks that seemed to increase two fold while the value of our assets decreased. For those of us who know astrology we knew it was not about politics. In the USA, it was not whether a democrat, republican or a giant radish was in power. Pluto’s move through Capricorn was going to bring out the worst before the better no matter what political group was in leadership.
Personally, we have to look at how Pluto is empowering us. And if you know your chart it would serve you to see which house has early degrees of Capricorn. Early degree Capricorn in your 7th house? How are your relationships? Does it feel like a nuclear bomb went off in your marriage? How about eighth house are you feeling the drastic moves in your sex life or have your legal entanglements turned into a giant mess? How about the fourth house, is your home life and family a complete mess? But remember any disruptions are only stripping away the stuff that keeps us from having an authentic life. Pluto transforms from the inside out. It demands a change. Not a superficial change but a real change from our bones and guts. How perfect that Pluto’s direct motion will take place during Virgo demanding we pay attention to details. Details that in an earlier time we might have missed. Now, feeling raw we know that details must not be overlooked. Secrets may get revealed once Pluto goes direct and of course the upcoming squares between Pluto and Uranus between 2011 –2015 will crank up even more changes, both personally and globally. The work we do now could be very helpful then.
On September 18 Jupiter will conjunct Uranus at 29 degrees Pisces. As you may remember back on June 8 the rebel (Uranus) and righteous (Jupiter) got together in Aries. The emphasis both globally and personally was fighting (Aries) our way out of any situation. ‘Fists first’ was our position back then. We found ourselves in scraps with anyone who appeared to be in our way to our greater good. Now, we are quiet and reflective about how to get out of situations. Many of us are finding our connection to source and from that connection we find our next our next position. Or better yet, our next doorway. We will have one more conjunction between the two of them in January but that one too will be in Pisces. How interesting that we were given only one tangle up in warrior Aries but two in reflective Pisces. Years ago I remember learning in therapy that underneath a “Fight” is sadness. As pissed as we were that this person did this or that or once again we have to deal with some shitty experience under it all –is something sad. Unfortunately, if that sadness is not addressed we are stuck in the ‘fight’. And over and over again we find ourselves in fights. Of course the opposite is also true. If we are stuck in sadness and it is one sad story after another there is anger that needs to get out. With these remarkable conjunctions we are gifted with the first fight in June and now we have to process the sadness. And if we don’t get it now to do it, we have another round in January.
The next 28 days will ask a lot of us. We will have to take care of details and stay on task about what we want from our life. We will find ourselves looking backwards as we process our history. But for our future we must turn to the details and as the old expression goes-- “God is in the details.” Whether you believe in him or not.
New Moon Phase
August 8, 6:29am EDT
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: What details need to be taken care of in order to improve our lives? How are you spending your time? What is your time management? Are you a dog chasing your tail or are your actions truly fruitful? What is the perfect thing and the most efficient thing to do?
9/8: Venus enters Scorpio http://astrologyindepth.com/Scorpio_Venus
9/9: Jupiter enters Pisces * see above
Crescent Moon Phase
September 11 11:40am (EDT)
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What information is coming to you that accesses your power? What information are you getting that helps you let go? Where are you holding on so hard it is hurting you? What old stuff needs to be cut out of your life? What part of you needs to die? How is your sex life? How are your investments?
9/12: Mercury turns direct 7:09am * hurray! SEE ABOVE
9/14 Pluto turns direct 12:36am SEE ABOVE
9/14: Mars enters Scorpio http://astrology.about.com/od/mars/p/MarsScorpio.htm
First Quarter Moon
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take now that inspire you to more? The seeds you planted on new moon, do they take you to a new horizon? What actions can you take now that rely on a ‘foreign’ idea or influence? Do you feel too homogenous? How can you break free from that familiar environment to something different and foreign? This could be an important move.
9/18 : Jupiter/Uranus SEE ABOVE
9/18: Mars/Pluto: actions based on a primal need for change. Great time for metamorphosis
September 19, 2:10am
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
Focus on: How have you missed the value of groups? How do the actions of your tribe support your new moon desires? Have you even utilized group actions? What is the group telling you now?
9/21 Sun/Jupiter: Expansive enthusiasm but perhaps too big. Egos unchecked cause greater upset.
9/21 Sun/Uranus: Expansive enthusiasm meets rebellion. Watch your world.
9/22: Sun enters Libra the best birthday gift for your Libra is something that give them comfort either physical or emotional.
Full Moon Phase
September 23 5:17am
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
A very powerful full moon. At 00 Aries 15 it is influenced by the Jupiter/Uranus conjunction that took place the week earlier. Added to it, we will find pressure from Saturn in Libra and Pluto in Capricorn. This is tough. It feels like our ‘self’ is going through a rotor rooter. Who am I? Where do I want to go? What makes up me? What do I need to do? What is weak and how do I fix it? How is my relationship working and what is MY part in it? What adjustments do I need to take that actualize all of my energies?
For more on Full Moon Check out blog http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
9/25 Sun/Pluto: Rough, tough day. Abusive and egocentric behaviors showcased.
Disseminating Moon Phase
September 27, 5:30am
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus: What can you learn from an advisor that is rooted in practicality? What can you share to others that is practical? Who is smart about money, real estate and business that can answer any of your questions? Is there any investments that you should make based on information you are receiving?
Last Quarter Moon Phase
September 30, 11:52 pm
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
9/30: Sun/Saturn: Responsibilities weigh heavy. A day of hard work and discipline
10/01:Mercury/Jupiter: Big mouths beware. Head for the library instead.
10/02:Mercury/Uranus: Rebellious thoughts, crisis thinking but perhaps breakthroughs
10/03:Mercury in Libra http://astrology.about.com/b/2008/08/29/mercury-in-libra-2.htm
10/03: Venus/Mars: actions based on love. Great sex and creative endeavors.
Balsamic Moon Phase
October 4, 9:54am (EDT)
Balsamic: We release. We let go. We prune, we discard, we ditch stuff. We house clean. The things that no longer work, we let them out of our life. We release so we can clear our unconscious and dream. We prepare our unconscious to be ready for the next
Focus on We release our sentimentality. We release our neediness. We release our desire to cling. If we feel trapped or strapped down by our family we release that feeling. We release the stuff we “should” do. Wherever we have a hard shell, we release it.
10/5: Mercury/Pluto: Harsh thoughts and communication, perhaps devious thoughts
October 7, 2:45pm EDT Libra new Moon ***
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon (2017) : Act Like a Plumber!!
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Get Your Plumbers Butt On!
- scorpio New Moon: Get your Plumbers Butt on!
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook