New Moon Articles by Tracy
Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
Scorpio New Moon
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is when the moon is between the sun and the earth and the illuminated part of the moon is very small. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a small, skinny section of moon.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the different phases of the moon for eons, Astrologers also utilize the different phases of the moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days.
Okay what is this cycle?
You will be challenged to give up some of your resources for the good of the group but at the same time you will relish the group as they step up and help you. The problem is--- who is going to move first?
Scorpio New Moon
November 16, 2:14pm EST
24 Scorpio 34
Sabian Symbol: An X-Ray
“The key word is investigation. When positive, the degree is an exceptional power of analysis and when negative, uncritical over sensitiveness to both the condition of self and the state of society.”
Spine tingling Scorpio
I highly recommend picking up the current Mountain Astrologer so you can read Stephanie Austin’s take on Scorpio New Moon. I always appreciate her thoughtful analysis of lunar astrological aspects and this one is no exception. I especially noted the following. (Oct/Nov issue 147 page 106).
“The Sabian symbol for 25 Scorpio tells us to look beneath the surface of current events: ‘An x-ray photograph; the capacity to acquire a knowledge of the structural factors in all existence.’ Where do you need to shine your light? What needs to be tackled and transformed? Who’s on your team? Watch for important clues on November 17 when Mars activates the August 5 eclipse point (14 Aquarius/Leo). Remember: “You only really discover the strength of your spine when your back is up against the wall (James Geary)."
If you didn’t pick up on it from her quote let me spell it out. This lunar cycle is going to be on the tough side. Why? Because for most of us--- change is a bitch.
Scorpio is not what you call a “light’ sign but at the same time it is NOT as sinister and dark as many astrologers have written. Yes, Scorpio is intense but not because it wants to be intense but because it knows that the only way for it to survive is to die and then be reborn----EVERY friggin’ day. Of course they don’t actually die but some part of them must. Is it an opinion that dies and changes? Is it a relationship? Is it an idea they have about someone? Of course this is pretty scary stuff for Scorpio and when they get scared their reaction is to HOLD on even tighter. “I don’t want to die! I love my world, my patterns, I love everything I have-- I am hanging on for dear life. I don’t want to change!" And it is that holding on which makes them intense. It is also the part of them that seeks power.
Wherever you have Scorpio in your chart is where you hold on for dear life and where you try to hold on to power. Scorpio on the 7th house? You hold on to your relationships like they are specimens in a jar. In the 10th house you hold on to your career as if it is the only source of oxygen. Your 2nd house? God help you if you ever need to sell stocks or property, you would rather take gas. If you don’t know your chart you can go here to learn more: http://www.astro.com/
So with that background doesn’t it make sense to you that Scorpio rules taxes, lawyers, bank loans, crime, IRAs, investments, sex and resources? It also rules the sex organs, intestines and plumbing. What goes IN better be fresh and what goes OUT better be waste. Get it? Are some of you doing the opposite? This would be the cycle to knock that off and make sure you are not holding onto waste. Make that change--big time.
Okay, all of that is good, but what about the ‘back against the wall” part? Over in Aquarius are Jupiter, Chiron and Neptune on top of each other. We have been talking about these three all year. These are the planets (technically Chiron is not a planet but let’s not get bogged down with that right now) that are ushering in the Age of Aquarius. They are pushing us to find our tribe, to think about the group, they are saying to us that we could slog through the world by ourselves and get nowhere fast or we can find a group of like minded people and get something really accomplished. "Think about the group" is what they say! Okay, I get it. I watch Current TV, I’m green, I volunteer a lot. I can check off all that Aquarius stuff on my list.
But here is the rub. This New moon, the Sun and the Moon are completely at odds (square) with Jupiter, Chiron and Neptune. The New Moon in Scorpio is shouting “I’m not giving up my ______ (fill in the blank) for the group.”
And the three of them in Aquarius are saying back, “Great, hold on to ____ but don’t blame us if you end up all alone!”
Aquarius and Scorpio are tough fighters and very stubborn signs and they don’t give up ground easily to anyone but especially each other. Thus the tension we will feel this lunar cycle. For twenty eight days it is a war between community and personal resources. Of course they don’t have to be mutually exclusive but it is going to be pretty hard to tell any of us that this month.
What will it look like? Someone comes up and asks you to release something you feel you need for personal empowerment. This Thing/idea/concept/relationship will be hard for you to release. In fact you may just dig in and say, “NO.” At the same time there will be another area of your life that needs community involvement. You need help to get something off the ground. It is something that could put others to work or it is something that will benefit a whole group of people including people from your own world? And as you try to gather people to step up and help, many of them will push back, “No, I’m not giving up time, money, resources for your group.” And that is the rub.
But perhaps the gift in this square will be giving up a little of your resource for someone else and in turn others will give up something for your behalf. You think, “I can’t do ___ I don’t have enough ___ and that will just slay me to give it up.” Maybe. Maybe not. Perhaps by changing your attitude or opinion and giving it a shot you will find that a community steps up and helps you. What? Is that possible? Yep. Of course it is a square so it won’t be easy…but consider it.
I am sure we will see some perfect example of this square during the next twenty eight days. Someone in the news will dig in righteously that they are here for the group and everyone needs to see the light and get behind them. At the same time their personal life will probably be a first class mess. And then there will some newsmaker who will exemplify a hideous example of greed and selfishness thinking nothing about anyone but his or herself but at the same time we will probably be in awe of their personal empowerment. It will be an interesting cycle as we try to figure out what is right and what is wrong. I am not sure we will get the answer but don’t be surprised by what you learn as you slowly make changes in your life. And if you don’t perhaps your skin will craw when you wake up in the morning with guilt. Who knows? But there is change in the air.
Make mine Mars
Interestingly as we ping pong between personal power and group activities we will also get a challenging aspect from Mars. Mars is the warrior and he is extra snarky in loud mouth Leo especially while he fights with lovely Venus. Venus in Scorpio is sultry and sexy and she slithers along taking care of her orgasms and her wallet. Mars in Leo who normally likes to get it on with Venus is not digging her energy this cycle (square). Judging her sleazy and conniving, Mars is staying away from love. He would rather get his army together and fight for a big dramatic purpose. Venus of course doesn’t get what the hoopla is about and feels like a fish out of water when no one responds to her usual tricks--- so she gets sneaky. Since Venus rules money and values (especially in Scorpio) we should expect some underhanded activities this month due to her fight with Mars. Of course, Mars has all the dogs in this fight, so be prepared ---cheaters will be exposed! If you feel like cheating, don’t do it. If you feel like going through the back door on something with the thought it will get you to power or to money quicker---here’s some help--- it won’t. Don’t believe me? Watch what comes up in the news and you’ll be happy you listened to me. Especially since Mars is also in Opposition to Jupiter in Aquarius. Aquarius rules the internet and television so there will definitely be a public brawl. And expect the same public scrutiny if you screw up.
Our Wacky Friend Uranus
Uranus which has been retrograde for the last six months will turn direct on December 1. Uranus rules revolutions and rebels. It is only about one thing-- C*H*A*N*G*E. It likes to communicate but it must do it on a higher frequency. It rules television and the internet. It can speak to the masses beautifully. It is the one-on-one that it short circuits. And now in this cycle where the universe is demanding we find out personal empowerment but at the same time give up stuff and stretch for the group, Uranus is going to go direct. Boys and girls, we must shake off our fear. Even if we don’t make the changes now, we will soon enough and Uranus is going to help. Because you see, once Uranus goes direct it is going to start heading for Aries. Ever since 2003 Uranus has been in Pisces and once it turns direct on December 1st it is heading for Aries and that is a completely different environment. It won’t get there until June but it will start to feel different as soon as it turns direct. It is heading for a place where “I” comes first. Aries are all about themselves and that is okay. How interesting that we are being pushed this month to find this balance between resources and group but at the same time Uranus is leaving the sign of compassion and mystery and heading for personal vision---all about number one. And of course once it hits the early degrees of Aries it is going to lock up with the cardinal crosses between five other planets next summer. Perhaps the pressure we are feeling this cycle will help us later next summer. Whatever this energy brings will also be quite unexpected.
Stock market stuff
I am not a stock market astrologer. If you want to know more about that go to Ted’s (Phillips) radio shows he does on this website. He and Margaret are good for a lot of MONEY and WALLSTREET talk. But having said that I am none too confident about the US Dollar this cycle. Remember investments are Scorpio and this lunar cycle is digging in with Aquarius, so there is a public versus private issue that will need to be exposed. I expect bloodshed on Wall Street. Except Gold. Pluto in Cap digs it.
You are going to feel a huge pull as you figure out your resources or what you perceive as your resources and you figure out what is your tribe and the common good. It will be hard but at the same time it is important because as you worry about your own personal empowerment you may be shocked to learn that your power is nonexistent unless you have the help of a community.
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus on : Resources, rejuvenation, death and rebirth, taxes, getting to the root of stuff. Going in and redoing the plumbing. Literally and figuratively. How do fresh things come into your life? How do you get rid of waste? Where are your thoughts? Are they dark and brooding? Are they thinking up solutions? How do you unhook one area and refocus on another area? What is going on with your sex life? What are you working out through sex what are you NOT working out by NO sex? How would your life benefit by more access to greater resources?
11/17 Mercury/Saturn: The brain is sharp, can problem solve anything.
11/19 Venus/Mars: Watch arguing with loved ones. Is your anger worth it?
November 20 12:56 pm (EST)
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What information are you receiving that will take your need for greater resources to a new level? Or how are turning into an Executive? What information are your getting that says how you would make a good CEO of your life? If you are your own boss would you hire you? How are you a good steward of your life? What practical changes can you make in your life that will put give you more resources?
11/21 Sun enters Sagittarius : Buy your sag friend a fat gift card to a place where they can expand their mind. Book store, computer store—Expansion is key.
11/23 Venus/Jupiter: Don’t overspend!!! Wait a few days before buying and watch over the top emotions for lovers.
11:24 Sun/Saturn: Great day to be practical and fix stuff. Solutions come easily.
First Quarter Moon
November 24 4:38 pm (EST)
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: How can actions you take now show and utilize more of your compassionate nature? How are you able to find the peaceful side of you that is in tune with Spirit or God or a higher being? Consider that the actions you take now are a direct reflection on your relationship with spirit. Do you think you are just floating through the universe willy nilly and stuff just happens? How does this help you? How does it not? What if you are not just floating through space and you and your maker are in charge of your life? What actions are you taking and which category are you in? Willy Nilly or CoCreator? How does this impact your access to greater resources?
11/25 Venus/Uranus: Unusual love, money comes in weird ways. A good day to be weird.
11/26 Mercury/Mars: Lively conversation, sharp thinking prevails. Quick reactions.
11/26 Venus Neptune: Feeling a bit sad, worried about finances, feeling a loss “Is that all there is?”
November 28 2:38pm
Gibbous: We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
How are you missing Self? Where does “I” fit into your plans on New Moon? Have you remembered YOU? Putting all the areas of your life on a spreadsheet is there much time and focus on YOU? Where is the vision for YOU? Refine your new moon goals and make sure YOU are in those goals. YOU can access more resources.
11/29 Mercury/Jupiter : Great big ideas that will be VERY helpful. Don’t disregard them if they come up today.
11/30 Mercury Uranus: You want to Mess things up with anyone? Be very carefully you don’t cause huge problems later.
12/01: Uranus Turns direct (See above)
12/01: Venus enters Sag http://www.astrologyweekly.com/learn-astrology/venus-in-sagittarius.php
12/01: Mercury/Neptune: Feel inspired by Spirit and Art. Our brains are more compassionate and gentle.
December 2. 2:14 pm
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Siblings, neighbors, communication. Getting the word out. Finding a bridge with others. Socializing, small parties,playing, having fun, laughter, being light. Can you relate to others in a playful manner? Did it occur to you that there are many resources that can be easily accessed with a light touch?
12/04 Venus/Saturn: Love is practically good. You want to help out someone and they want to help you. Money from a strong source.
December 5 9:48am
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How do you share your family? How do you share your familiar side? Can you be cozy with others or is it only a select few? Why? How do you share your home with others? Can you open up? How does being wound up tight and in fear cut you off from greater resources?
12/05: Mercury enters Capricorn
12/07 Mercury/Pluto: You have a jaundiced eye to your life and your world but the good news is that under it is a real desire to find solutions. Stay on those solutions!
12/07 Mercury/Saturn: Wanting to discard relationships that aren’t working. Should you? Only you know.
Third Quarter Phase
December 8 7:14pm
Third Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
Focus on: What big actions can you make now based on goals from your new moon that need refinement? Is there anything you forgot in the last 3 weeks that now need to be addressed? Can you go back and rethink some strategies and fix the holes? Make actions based on anything neglected.
12/10 Sun Trine Mars: Energy and Purpose are in alignment. If you see it in your mind..it can be yours.
December 12 10:01am
Balsamic: We release. We let go. We prune, we discard, we ditch stuff. We house clean. The things that no longer work, we let them out of our life. We release so we can clear our unconscious and dream. We prepare our unconscious to be ready for the next
Focus on We release sex and debt, we release the need for power. We release the fear that we are disconnected from greater resources. How is our life different now than three weeks ago? Have we morphed ? If we have not, then forgive self and move on.
12/12: Hanukkah begins
12:14: Sun/Uranus: Your desire to rebel could be too much. Make changes but don’t break people.
12/14: Sun/Jupiter: Great abundance, fun times, Great camaraderie. Expand your world and succeed.
12/15 Sun/Neptune: Feeling inspired by spirit and nature, feeling in tune with the world. Every move is in alignment.
Sagittarius New Moon December 16 at 7:02am EST
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook