New Moon Articles by Tracy
Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
AQUARIUS NEW MOON 2014
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 28-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? What is your intellectual community? How do they connect you up to your greatness? And if not—consider a new group these 28 days.
AQUARIUS NEW MOON
January 30, 2014
10 Aquarius 55
10-11 degree of Aquarius
During A Silent Hour, A Man Receives A New Inspiration Which May Change His Life
Wow---that is a powerful Sabian symbol. Read it twice.
Okay, I want to give you a visual.
Imagine you are on a high plateau. When you look off in any direction you see a magnificent thunderstorm. Bolts of lightening are in the east, the west, north and south. Rain is pounding and rumbles are shaking the ground, but right where you are standing it is clear. Small bands of clouds are going over you dropping light rain but lightening is not cracking over your head. You look at the mess off in the distance and you feel lucky. You have time to assess your move, because you are not stupid, you know one of those stormy fronts will be over you soon unless you make a move in the right direction. Where should you go? You are unclear and you feel alone but then you look and see another person in the clearing. “Hey, I’m alone!” And there is another person and another person and you realize you all are in a clearing. You reach out to one of the people and ask, “Where are you going?” And they tell you. Then another person asks you, “What about you--what are you going to do?” And in that time of clearing you find you are in sync with others and you all agree to head off in a direction. You are nervous, but you are also feeling empowered because you are with likeminded.
And that, my friends, is where we are with this Aquarius lunar cycle.
We are in the midst of the cardinal grand crosses rumbling through our world between January and the end of April. These are tough aspects and even those of us who don’t have planets at 10-13 degrees of Aries, Cancer, Libra & Capricorn, we too are feeling the ground vibrate. I won’t lie, it can be scary which is why this Aquarius cycle is important. I don’t want to bog you down in too much astro stuff but if this New Moon had been a few days later we would be having a lesson with Saturn and we would not be enjoying a breathable moment to find our way—instead we would be trying to outrun our fear with scissors in our hand. We should all thank our lucky stars this Aquarius New Moon is providing a beacon of light instead of mongering fear.
The New Moon chart has got a lovely sextile between Sun & Moon with Uranus. Uranus is the ruler of Aquarius so we are double downing on our Aquarian energy. Aquarius is an air sign and speaks to great ideas. For 28 days look at the ideas that come into your brain that elevate your thinking. And in particular look at the people around you and see what solutions or paths they are taking. This is the gift of Aquarius. If you are only getting information from the same old tired group of people (or websites) you will feel unrest. You may not find the answer to what you need or where you need to go unless you reach out and either offer up a new part of you to your old group or go out and find a new group and new intellectual resources.
In astrology 101, Aquarius is usually connected to ‘friends’ and I get it. But in truth it really isn’t friends as much as the energy we feel when we are with these people. Does it elevate us? Are their goals in sync with our ideals. Imagine if Albert Einstein stayed in that Swiss patent office. How would the world be different? What happened to Einstein while he worked at the pedestrian patent office was that he met with a few friends regularly and they discussed science and philosophy, of course he took a different path then what was laid out in front of him in the Swiss Patent office. And he probably would have made a break eventually--but as great as his intellect was he still needed fuel from his like minded friends and associates. This is the Aquarius energy. That exchange with others is vital to our life.
For 28 days watch your world of friends and associates. You may be surprised what you hear that intrigues you. Perhaps you will be propelled to go explore something on your own based on what someone tells you they are doing about ______. You may have no idea how it will be important to you but you would be missing the point of this cycle to sit on stuff that catches your attention. This is the cycle to find your intellect and your curiosity and above all LIFT YOUR ENERGY UP.
And a word of warning, if you are bonding with people by griping, bitching, gossiping, tearing others down……well, you are missing the point. And if you are missing the point—you are missing opportunities that will later serve you in an important way. Get out of the weeds and keep your talk elevated. Your astrological mother is speaking.
While we have this gift of intellectual connections we will unfortunately be processing some cardinal hurdles. Like I said the storm clouds are everywhere. The day after the new moon Jupiter will get into it with Pluto. When Jupiter is tweaked he is over indulgent and righteous and of course Pluto is explosive. Watch religious zealots who are hell bent on making a point. In your personal world, you may learn (Jupiter) of deep changes (Pluto) that you must make. It won’t be easy (Square) but if it comes up and hits you in the face it is there to help you get where you need to get on the much bigger picture.
Then on Feb 26 Jupiter will dig in with Uranus. Righteousness meets rebellion. Globally it feels similar to the “Arab Spring” which turned out to be a whole lot of rebellion and overthrow but no real changes. Jupiter can gloss over stuff and with Uranus ‘change for change sake’ could be at play. I would caution against that path. Instead dig in deep and learn (Jupiter) what is your emotional history (Cancer) and what are the changes (Uranus) you can make that will bring new paths (Aries). Don’t just move the deck furniture around on the Titanic.
Remember we all have intellectual connections surrounding us. No one knows it all. And yes, Aquarius can get fixated but take this time to go for information that supports a long life with real value. Don’t fix symptoms. Fix real issues.
Also, a few hours after the New Moon, Venus will finally turn direct having been retrograde since middle of December. Venus in Capricorn right near the sore spot (10-13 degrees) has been focusing our attention on our real values. What do we really care about? What is important to us in love? What is worth spending money and what is not worth it?
In some cases our cold side will have come up as we jettison things (or people) that are no longer of value or worthy to us. And in other cases we will be stepping up and doing hard work because love is worth it. We should have learned a lot in the five weeks. There is no going back, what have you learned and how are you processing it. The shadow point for Venus is the first week so see how you unwind the lessons in values between now and then.
Then there is Mercury who will be retrograde Feb 6-28. This 28 day Aquarius lunar cycle is focused on intellect, shared visions, like-mindedness and using our connective-ness with others to find our path. That is an important period but it is not a period that is particularly emotional. Having said that, the Mercury retrograde will start off with some emotional issues tied to spirituality. Perhaps it is a good thing that Mercury will be turning backwards in a spiritual sign. When we go back to rethink our options and our goals and our shared visions we may need to see if they line up with our faith? Are you a co-creator of your life or do you leave it all up to fate? Consider this quote during the Mercury retrograde:
“Some things have to be believed to be seen.” ~Madeleine L'Engle
As we all know the Aquarius New Moon is connected to the Chinese New Year. We are now entering the Wooden Fire Horse year. I don’t pretend to understand Chinese astrology but when I was reading about the upcoming year I could see the parallel with the cardinal crosses. Shake ups for sure.
Enjoy this 28 day cycle, find your uniqueness and celebrate it but at the same time don’t do it alone. You can be unique and be connected to others and feel valued in supporting each other.
Carry on and I’ll see you in Pisces.
AQUARIUS New Moon
January 30, 2014
10 Aquarius 55
The 8 phases
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: What does your intellectual community look like? Who elevates your thinking? Who inspires you to be more? Where are you finding answers to questions you didn’t even know you were asking? Plant the seeds now to help you find your community. You are not alone in the world and stop pretending you are alone.
1/31: Jupiter/Pluto: Explosive righteousness abounds
1/31: Venus turns direct 13 Cap 33
1/31: Mercury enters Pisces
Crescent Moon Phase
February 2, 2014
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What information are you learning about your faith? What about your spirituality? What information are you learning about fuzziness? How do you hide in smoke and mirrors? How are others using smoke and mirrors? When people lie to you are they really lying? How does your gut talk to you?
First Quarter Moon
February 6, 2014
2:22 PM EST
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that build concrete results? The seeds you planted on new moon that speak to your ideals and your greater community—what actions can you do right now that lay serious groundwork for those results.
2/6: Mercury retrograde 4:43pm 3 Pisces 20
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What is going on with your family? How are you refining your emotions? When you think about being with likeminded people how do they connect or not connect with your family?
2/11: Sun/Saturn: Cold tension, cold warrior, deliberate aloof
2/12: Mercury Aquarius
Full Moon Phase
26 Leo 13
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Where do you want to fight on your friends’ behalf? How do you work as a group? How do you bring your strength to a group? How does your ego get in the way? Where do you hide in the crowd? Or where do you have to be the big shot? Where is the middle ground?
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
2/14: Sun/Mars, great energy, actions towards goal, working on things important
2/16: Mercury/Mars: Actions are mentally supported. Think therefore you do.
2/18: Sun enters Pisces
6:41 pm EST
Disseminating Moon Phase
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are sharing your partnerships? How are you sharing what works in your relationships? What is your partner sharing? What are you sharing about balance? Where are others sharing the power of balance?
2/19: Mercury/Saturn: Cold, sharp thinking, sharp tongue, cutting
Last Quarter Moon Phase
12:15 pm EST
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions can you take that speak to your philosophy and beliefs about your aspirations? What do you believe about your place in society? What are your opinions and judgments about your circle of like minded people and what actions are you taking to support those opinions?
2/23: Sun/Neptune: dreams, art, gentleness pronounced
2/24: Venus/Saturn: Resources are supported by practicality.
Balsamic Moon Phase
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our pretensions. We release our haughtiness. We release our sourness. We release our ego attached to our career. We release our cheapness.
2/26: Jupiter/Uranus Rebellion and righteousness, turning the tables
2/28: Mercury direct---Hurray. Seriously, Hurray!
2/28: Sun/Jupiter: In sync with spiritual and family breakthroughs
PISCES NEW MOON MARCH 1, 2:59AM EST
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon 2017 - On Top of The Galactic Center
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon (2017) : Act Like a Plumber!!
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Get Your Plumbers Butt On!
- scorpio New Moon: Get your Plumbers Butt on!
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook