New Moon Articles by Tracy
Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
Pisces NEW MOON 2016
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? What do you do when you feel completely lost? How can you heal this part of you?
A Master Instructing His Disciple
Pisces New Moon
18 Pisces 55
Pisces New Moon
Welcome to Pisces New Moon and solar eclipse. The last time we had a Pisces solar eclipse was March 8, 1997 and the time before that was February 26, 1979. You might want to consider what was going on in your life at those times. Also, this eclipse is a call back to last fall specifically the September 12 Virgo eclipse. All eclipses have a teeter – totter effect. We are here today responding to last fall’s eclipse. What have you experienced and dealt with since then? What did you ignore back then and now it is coming home to roost? If you know your chart then look to the houses that have 20 degrees Virgo and 19 degrees Pisces. Both are impacted.
I spend a lot of time talking to my teenage son about perspective. When he is riled up about something (as teens will do) I often stop the riled up-ness and say, “Okay that is the one foot perspective. Let’s get some altitude and look at this from five hundred feet above.” Just that simple act of looking at a situation with a bigger lens shifts every thing. And it is my opinion that we will probably all need to put our emotions on a drone and head up for the next twenty-nine days. Yes, a lot of you probably already take that famous breath before you reply with a snarky comment to something that ruffles your feathers. But what do you do about the other emotions? Especially the emotions that live in Piscesland like when you feel crazy, depressed, lost, alone, fatigued in your soul and overwhelmed?
Do you use any of the UNPROCESSED coping mechanisms of Pisces? Such as booze, pills, pot? Or are your negative and a non-stop complainer? How about martyrdom? How about lying? Or hiding? Or being in denial? Or simply just wishing something away?
As much as we all wish we could click our heels like Dorothy and go back home, there are some months where we have to slog through the yucky energies not because we need to be beaten up but more so we can FIX the mess.
And what is the mess? Here is what the mess is NOT. It is not your job, your crappy husband, your stupid boss, your lame family, your bitchy sister, your addicted brother-in-law or any of the like. Nope. The mess is the part of you that is not whole. It is that broken down part in you that creates all those yucky relationships. Read that a couple of times.
This is heady and it may be tricky for some of you but Pisces is the last sign of the zodiac and it rules karma. Plenty of us were born into situations and with people, which can only be described as a karmic mess. Now you are an adult and for twenty-nine days I invite you consider asking yourself if you are making choices that do NOT serve you but seem to still be paying a karmic debt? What are you still paying off to the karma gods even if they are no longer collecting on it?
Let me help illustrate this energy.
Let’s play the game, that there are multiple lifetimes and our soul incarnates over and over again and let’s say in one particular life you really screwed up something involving, I dunno let’s make it easy, let’s make it love. And you decided in that spot where our souls hang out between lives, “I don’t deserve love my next lifetime because of what I did.” And bam you were born into a shitty family and learned a whole lot of bad stuff about love and you proceeded to make a jillion choices that kept you removed from love. Or maybe it was money that you really screwed up. Or maybe it was friendship. Or maybe it was power. Whatever you ‘screwed’ up you told yourself this lifetime you are not getting it, doing it our having it. And here is the kicker, maybe this agreement you have forgotten but the results of your life imply it is there. Well that karmic dance will catch all of our attention during this twenty-nine day Pisces lunar cycle. Big Time.
We bump into karma and dharma a lot during the Pisces lunar period but honestly, it is a whole new level this year because the Sun and Moon are in conjunction with Chiron (we had this back in 2014 as well). Whenever the New Moon conjuncts Chiron, we have an opportunity to heal wounds. But first we have to expose the wounds and our broken down patterns. Meaning the things we do over and over again that make us our own worst enemy.
Watch in your own life (and in the news) people who clearly get in their own way. I am talking about big time stepping on their own johnson mistakes. You will see it. You may even do it. Your friends may do it. Your boss may do it. It will not be pretty. But we all are served if we learn from it and start healing. Remember this is an eclipse. Eclipses get our attention. And there was sloppiness on the last eclipse in the fall that got our attention. Here we are again. Now what are you going to do about it this time?
This New Moon chart has Saturn in Sag square the Sun/Moon in Pisces and Saturn remind us that unless we see a real victim situation, let’s empower everyone who makes stupid choices that this was THEIR choice. Resist the temptation to make excuses for them or your self. We can’t learn from our mistakes if we excuse them away. Saturn in Sag is a bitch of a teacher so you might as well sit down at your desk and start learning.
Also the Sun & Moon are in opposition to Jupiter in Virgo. As we have discussed all year, Jupiter is not comfortable in the sign Virgo. As the largest planet in the zodiac, Jupiter feels constrained by micromanager Virgo. However, Jupiter is a teacher and in Virgo we are all learning the power of taking care of the little things. Like a 747 airplane that goes in for maintenance and the mechanic uses the wrong screw on a panel and that plane comes crashing down when the panel flies off… little things are important. For twenty-nine days we should all take note of the details of our life so we don’t come crashing down. There are 24 hours in the day how are we using each of those hours? Who or what is sucking up most of the time. Listen, some of us will get depressed when we zero in on the details but that is OKAY, because as we have discussed we need to find out the part of us that is broken so we can get whole. And yeah, we might get depressed. Fine. Use it. Work from it.
Saturn turns retrograde on March 25 at 16 Sagittarius. It will retrograde for four and half months all the way back to 9 degrees of Sag on August 13. Progress will feel delayed during this time. Look at your natal chart and see what house has 9-16 degrees of Sagittarius. Hard work and discipline will be needed in those house issues. No short cuts. Focus and stick-to-it-ness will be the hallmark of Saturn retrograde. Take heart if you feel like you aren’t getting any traction. You just need to dig harder and persevere. Let’s see where we all are by August 13 and then you can judge the Saturn Retrograde experience in a more full manner.
Between the deep dark scary emotions that are Pisces. And the square with hard ass Saturn. And the opposition with Jupiter in the sign that rubs him raw. And Chiron the asteroid from hell…. We will need to call upon the soothing energies of Pisces. Go to church. Find faith. Use prayer. Use your humanitarian spirit. Or use your metaphysics. Your intuition can be a source of guidance but it won’t work if your emotions get in the way. Intuition is not emotion. It is a knowing. If fear is in the mix, then that ain’t intuition. Many of us struggle with the difference between gut, intuition and fear. I wish I could give you the playbook but I can’t. You are going to have figure the difference yourself. And this is THE month to do some figuring.
I started this report talking about perspective. Anything that comes up this cycle that hurts or burns or just is skanky, it is not an accident that it is showing up now. In one month on April 7 we will have our Treasure Map New Moon. At that time we will make our maps and put out to the universe the things we want. Or the experiences we want. We may have to have this month of perhaps not so great experiences to help galvanize us with a fresh new perspective on Aries New Moon in April. So, take any ugly emotions or moments and put them on a drone and go up up up. There is a reason for all of this and we can make the most of it. I promise.
See you at Aries!
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
8:54 pm EST 18 Pisces 55
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: Where do I get in my own way? Where am I exhibiting broken down habits? What needs to shift? What do I do when I feel ‘crazy’ or ‘overwhelmed’? How can I use my intuition? How can I use my metaphysics? Where do I need to put my emotions in a drone and send them up high?
3/10: Sun conjunct Chiron. Ouch. Look at any ouches that come up today and tell yourself , “How can I not let that happen again?” Learn from this ouch.
3/10: Mercury con Neptune: Inspirational thinking. Faith and humanitarian concerns excel.
3/12: Venus enters Pisces.
Crescent Moon Phase
March 12 2016
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are learning about how to build things up from the ground? What are you learning about being sure and steady? What are you learning about patience? What are you learning about money? What are you learning about properties or things you own? What are you learning about quality?
3/13: Daylight Savings Time begins.
3/13: Venus semisquare Pluto. Values seem at odds with power. Faith and love versus status and recognition.
3/14: Mercury sq Saturn. Rigid thinking. Righteous talk. Religion Versus faith.
3/14: Venus Sq Mars. Women and Men sparring. Love and Action at war. Humanitarian Versus Bigotry.
3/15: Venus semisq Uranus: Warrior versus gentle. Explosion and rebellion versus love.
First Quarter Moon
March 15, 2016
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take that speak to your thinking? What are the thoughts that you have and how does it impact what you do? How does your communication impact your actions? Where is your inspiration and faith and how do your thoughts support or deny it?
3/16: Jupiter trine Pluto. Rebirth of enthusiasm. Bold resurrection. Giving birth to get big. Philosophies evolve.
March 19, 2016
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
How did you almost forget your creativity? How did you almost forget the empowerment of being bold? How did you forgot the power of loyalty, drama and bravery? How does it serve your faith to incorporate being a star?
3/19 : Sun enters Aries
3/20: Venus conjunct Neptune. Love of humanity and love of mate. Resources and values shared expand heart.
3/21: Mercury enters Aries
3/23: Jupiter Square Saturn. How are you getting lost in the micro that you can’t see the big picture? Or converse how are your opinions not in sync with reality? Where is the place in between these two wild perspectives? Can you get there?
Full Moon Phase
March 23, 2016
3 Libra 17
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Full Moon in Libra. What is going on with your relationships? How do you work as a partner? Who is your balance? Who is the rudder on your boat? How are you the rudder for your partner? Do you know how to negotiate? Do you need to improve?
Go to blog for full moon report.
3/23: Sun conjunct Mercury. Thoughts get a boost. Thinking and communication is elevated. Independence is supported by proper thinking.
3/25: Saturn retrograde 6:00am EST (See above)
3/26: Sun trine Mars. Action is in sync with purpose. Taking care of number one is supported.
3/26: Venus sextile Pluto. Fun interactions and inspiration activate evolution.
March 27, 2016
11:29 am EDT
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your power? How are you sharing your resources? How are others showing the importance of death and rebirth? How are you sharing the importance of letting something die so that something new can come in its place?
3/29: Mercury trine Saturn. Constructive thinking and constructive conversations support expanding world and building new bridges.
3/30: Mercury square Pluto. Where are you rigid? Where are you hanging on to status? Where are you hanging on to you opinion of who you think you are? Is this working? When is the last time you evolved? Do you need to shed some thinking?
Last Quarter Moon Phase
March 31, 2016
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions are you taking that speak to you getting out in the world? What actions are you taking that speak to your career? Where are you pragmatic and how do you use it to propel yourself forward? What does it look like to climb up? Are you resistant? Why?
Balsamic Moon Phase
April 3, 2016
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our victimhood. We release our martyrdom. We release our blindness. We release our pity party.
4/3: Mercury semisquare. Neptune: Faith and intuition is bumping up against logic. Which is accurate?
4/4: Sun Op Jupiter: Big idea, big movements. Spreading the outreach. How are you being of service? How is being of service serving you?
4/5: Sun trine Saturn. How are you breaking out? How are you being idependent and where are you getting support in that endeavor? How does your philosophy match your break out?
4/5: Venus enters Aries
4/5: Mercury enters Taurus
Aries New Moon April 7, 2016 7:23a EDT (18 Aries 17)
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook