New Moon Articles by Tracy
Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
SCORPIO NEW MOON 2013
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 28-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? If you end this 28 day cycle the same way you started---well you were not paying attention. So, let’s not do that. Shed your skin like a snake. It is time.
SCORPIO NEW MOON
November 3 2013
11 Scorpio 16
11-12 degree of Scorpio
An Official Embassy Ball
I was joking with a friend the other day that never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I would be salivating over Scorpio New Moons for their ‘lightness’ but ever since Pluto and Uranus went into Capricorn and Aries, our Libra cycles have been so tense it makes me thrilled at the thought of Scorpio! Luckily the charts for the Scorpio New Moons have usually been full of positive aspects to give it a little extra boost and such is the case with this New Moon.
This Scorpio New Moon is also a solar eclipse. The energy of an eclipse by itself can feel like a resurrection. Darkness then light again. What makes this one a little bit more intense is Scorpio is the sign of rebirth and so we are getting a double message of being born again. Even if you have the most perfect life on the planet, during this Solar Eclipse there will be an impulse to see what is not working and consider how to jettison it or at the very least you will be doing something so that you are feeling renewed, refreshed or rebirthed.
Scorpio is a water sign, our emotions will be strong and we will feel pulled or compelled to express ourselves or at the very least allow ourselves to emote. On this New Moon there is no reason to continue any suppression. The eclipse may point out that which is frozen or stagnant. But it is not to point out a flaw just for sport, if we see where we are stuck or frozen will have the energy to do something about it. Especially since Saturn and Mercury are in conjunction with the Sun and the Moon.
We have discussed before that the image of Hoover Dam, where water pushes through huge turbines and generates so much power that millions of people have electricity is the exact energy of higher level Scorpio. All that power from one river of water. Of course when Scorpio misbehaves it thinks the worst of everyone and gets a knife or gun and kills a loved one over some perceived injustice. Yep, emotions run-a-muck.
Happily, in this Scorpio New Moon chart, with Saturn and Mercury in conjunction to Sun and Moon the accent is more likely to be on Hoover Dam than a reckless murderer. Yeah!!
Watch what comes up on New Moon and see how you are able to control your emotions. Not freeze them but know exactly how you are choosing to emote. Emotions will serve us all.
Also, the Sun and Moon are in sextile to Pluto and Mars so this is without a doubt going to be a 28 day cycle where we are going to put our emotions to work. We won’t just be crying or yelling or bullying or victiming (not a word) for no good reason. Every emotion will be helping us to a greater cause. Ideally it will be helping us shed. Scorpio is closely connected to the snake who sheds his skin and renewed every day to the phoenix who will rise from the ashes.
Now to be perfectly honest we are not just going to wake up each day willy nilly and have a new lease on life and say, “Oh, boy, I’m going to stop X and start living Y to the fullest extent. “ Sure many of us are going to get a new lease on life by the end of these 28 days but it is not without some stops and starts by other planets. We have got major action going on as we process these 28 days.
Just before New Moon we had the fourth square between Uranus and Pluto (Friday November 1). Did you feel pressured this weekend? Did you feel out of it? Did you feel blah but also argumentative? Yeah, it was a stressful aspect. Then we have the New Moon Solar Eclipse on the 3rd. It is energetic and it is good but at the same time it is daunting because we will get more than hints where we need to shift and shed.
Then on November 7 Jupiter turns retrograde at 20-21 Cancer. Once a year, Jupiter goes backwards for several months and in this case it will turn direct in March (2014). Many of us will be getting our family, food, emotions and home turned on straight. Huh? If it is going backwards how do we get turned on straight? Well, sometimes we need things to slow down so we can review where we are on topics. The last time Jupiter retrograded in Cancer was November 2001. Many of us (at least in the United States) were coming out of the shadow of 9/11. Thanksgivings were a little cozier as we all assessed where we were with family. Jupiter retrograde in Cancer makes us think seriously what it means to be a part of a tribe. The tribe we are born into and the one we collect. Much will be learned between now and March about our family, feelings and how we ---drum beat --use our emotions. Are you starting to see a theme?
Then a few days later on November 10 Mercury will turn direct and we will of course be relieved. We will also have our brain back where it needs to be as we assess what is best worth fighting for and what is best left to die. Remember, Mercury is turning direct in Scorpio and at the end of the day Mercury in Scorpio knows better than any planet the value--- “In order to win the war you must lose some battles.” If you got battled scarred during the retrograde you are now going to stop fighting and just lose a couple of battles---and sure you can lick a wound or two but don’t hang on to those wounds too much—remember you are here to win the war!
Then a few days later on November 13 Neptune in Pisces turns direct. Again, this is not an extraordinary event. Neptune spends half the year going bass-akwards. How interesting he is turning himself around in the zodiac window where we are letting go and being reborn. Neptune is so dreamy and fuzzy and in his home sign of Pisces he feels more tweaked than usual. Many people are feeling the fuzzy factor. It is hard not to watch President Obama with Moon at early Gemini and not see how he is getting fuzzy from Neptune. Certainly Neptune is using his ‘disillusioned’ brush on Obama. Those people who have planets around 2, 3 or 4 degrees of Gemini, Virgo, Sag and Pisces are feeling Neptune more than the rest of us. Do things feel out of our grasp? It is trite but now more than ever you gotta let go and let God. And of course, even those of us with no planets at those degrees should still have our antennae up more than usual (while we are in this period of Uranus/Pluto squares until 2015). And with Neptune going direct we will have a very good idea what our intuition is telling us. If there was any cycle to turn up your intuiton, this 28 days of lunar scorpio would be the perfect time for your intution to speak to you. Perhaps even yell at you. Consider following it.
In conclusion: We have a lot of a planetary energy pushing us around but we are not victims. We are co-creators of our reality. These 28 days can be very uplifting and life affirming as long as you remember to let go of stuff and lose a few battles and shed your skin. Yep, the energy is worth mixing up the metaphors. Bottom line, have fun and morph!
See you at Sagittarius where we can have a good laugh.
SCORPIO New Moon
November 3, 2013
The 8 phases
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: Where are re-plumbing your life? What are you flushing away? Where are you going for replenishment? Who is an asset? Who is not? What are your emotions telling you? Do you know the word "motion" comes from emote? Do you think that is an accident? Feelings are just feelings but emotions get us going?
11/5: Venus in Capricorn
11/6: Sun/Saturn: Discipline, focused, clearing out stuff that does not work.
Crescent Moon Phase
November 6 2013
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What information are you learning that speaks to things that are ‘foreign”? What are you learning that speaks to philosophy or philosophical opinions? What are you learning about ‘bridges’? What are you learning about expansion or expanding?
11/7: Jupiter retrograde (see above) 20 Cancer 30
11/7: Venus/Neptune: creative, soft, inspired. Gentle joy.
11/9: Mars/Saturn: Hard working, productivity, harsh but for a reason
First Quarter Moon
November 10, 2013
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that speak to your greater tribe? How are you connected to your ‘people’? If you feel alone then where are your people? What actions can you take that push you out to find your peeps? How would your resources improve if you connected to ‘like minded’ people?
11/10: (4:11pm) Mercury turns direct. Together we say, ‘amen’.
11/12: Sun/Jupiter: Emotions and empowerment in sync. Expanding power.
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What details are you following up that support you breaking free? How do the details line up for you to get out on your own? How are you figuring out what it would take for you to be independent? What are the details?
11/13: Neptune turns direct (see above)
11/14: Venus/Uranus: Odd sensibilities. Weird thoughts, creativity-odd breakthroughs.
11/15: Venus/Pluto: Love of power, powerful love, money, banking overhaul.
11/16: Sun/Pluto. Tension, resources feel strapped, power and weakness exposed
Full Moon Phase
November 17 2013
25 Taurus 26
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
How are you finding you need stability? Where is their stability? How are you too rigid? What are you learning about your stubbornness? How is it working for you? How is it not working? Where are you building up something one brick at a time? How are you patient? How are you stuck? When God gives you a lemon make lemonade but also remember god created “anti lemon laws”. Do you need to jettison something? If you would feel refreshed, redeemed, renew by dislodging something……consider ditching it.
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
11/19: Mars/Jupiter: Actions based on inspirations, warrior for big ideas.
11/20: Mercury/Pluto: Exact thoughts, precision conversation. No frills but it is okay.
Disseminating Moon Phase
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: What are you sharing with others that speaks to family? How are you sharing your feelings? By sharing what emotionally makes you tick how are you connecting with others? What are others sharing with you?
11/21: Sun enters Sag: Amazon gift cards go far with your Sag friend.
11/21: Sun/Venus: Actions that feel disconnected from love and value. But slogging through it anyway.
11/23: Venus/Saturn: Working hard for love and values. Love of practical.
11/24: Sun/Neptune: Lies, disillusionment, deceit, drugs and fuzziness.
11/25: Venus/Neptune: Values feels off or unappreciated
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
Good god what is going on with the details in your life? How are you on it? When you visualize yourself fully empowered what details do you need to manage to get there?
11/25: Mercury/Saturn: Mentally shrewed. Conversation that is succinct. Brain is sharp.
11/27: Mercury/Venus: Fun, lively, creativity, artistic, joy, fun conversations.
11/27: Mercury/Jupiter: Big thoughts, big ideas, big opinions. Big Bridges.
Balsamic Moon Phase
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release relationships. We release the need to be a ‘partner’. We release the need to compromise. We release negotiating.
SAG NEW MOON 7:22PM EST DECEMBER 2.
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook