New Moon Articles by Tracy
Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
Taurus NEW MOON 2016
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? The shortest way from A to B is a straight line. Let’s take that practical route this month, for eff’s sake.
A Symbolical Battle Between "Swords" And "Torches"
Taurus New Moon
May 6, 2016
16 Taurus 41
Oh, Nellie how we need this Taurus New Moon. And oh, how we should run with it! After the last month’s fiery Aries we should all be craving the stability of Taurus the first earth sign of the zodiac.
Let’s cut to the chase. Taurus rules what you value. Its ruling planet is Venus and yes, Venus is associated with love but underneath the love is value. We love because we value him, her or it. Money is ruled by Taurus and again, it is a value. We pay X for something because we value it at that agreed amount. We receive X for our services because we are paid what someone values our service at that level. Money and love are easy to talk about because it is the crux of probably 90 percent of the conversations anyone is having with anyone on planet earth. And all of this falls under the Taurus bailiwick along with real estate, properties, building a business, putting money in a savings account, being reliable, and using common sense.
In this particular New Moon the Sun and Moon are conjunct Mercury and trine Pluto in Capricorn along with a trine to Jupiter and the North Node in Virgo. Wow. That’s a lot of good on good. The Mercury influence on the chart suggests that we will be thinking a lot about what, who and how we value situations and people and how we spend our time and money. We will be practical about how we exert our energy. Perhaps in the last few months there have been other areas of our life that have been neglected because we have been so focused on only one or two situations and have let the other parts of our life go to seed. With a trine to Jupiter and North Node in Virgo those gone-to- seed areas will get our attention. And remember this is a trine so this a positive pivot on our part. It doesn’t mean we are all going to get pushed against the wall to look at stuff. Rather it is more like an understanding or awakening and we make the shift. We understand that if we take small steps we can accomplish bigger goals. Bit by bit. This is Taurus in a nutshell.
The trine with Pluto in Capricorn will be sending us to the root of stuff and gladly clean up areas that need cleaning. Also, Pluto will empower us from our root chakra up. Watch for 29 days and see how with little effort you find your power. And how you use it in a very practical manner. The shortest distance between A and B is a straight line. Sometimes we forget about that short line and go out of our way to make others comfortable or out of fear of rubbing up against someone. Not this month. For 29 days we will feel compelled to take that short line between A & B and we will be shocked how easy it was and we will be muttering all month long, “Why didn’t I do it earlier?”
Although the chart in general is quite optimistic we should go over a couple of the not so evolved Taurus tendencies such as stubbornness and lack of flexibility. If during the 29 days you are feeling stuck or your thinking is stuck you will probably get busted on it by a friend or associate. Follow their lead and find your flexibility and get back to the short line between A & B and remember to ask yourself what you really value. Nothing is that complicated by the way. It just takes a practical eye. Use the supportive energy of the New Moon chart to make effective life affirming changes all 29 days.
On May 9 Jupiter finally turns direct at 14 Virgo. It has been retrograde since January 7. You can read more about Jupiter’s turn around last January here… http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/2016/01/jupiter-retrograde.html
How has your calendar been treating you? How is your schedule in alignment with what you want in your life? How is your health? And what is going on with your nervous energy? What are you doing about it? Remember Jupiter is wound up tight in Virgo and gets so caught up in the here and now it loses the bigger picture. What have you learned since last August when Jupiter entered Virgo? And what have you learned since January? Do you think it is an accident that Jupiter is turning direct in Taurus the sign of values and being practical? And is it an accident that Jupiter is in a supportive aspect with the Sun and Moon in Taurus? Yeah, the Universe wants us to have a daily schedule and calendar that speaks to what we value.
On May 26 Jupiter will make its final square with Saturn in Sag and we will once again be asking ourselves (and others) “Is the walk matching the talk?” If people are full of big ego (Jupiter) talk but their real world doesn’t match their words, we will all say, “Busted!” This could be both in the news and in our personal lives. Jupiter leaves Virgo on September 9th so we have some time to get our actions and words in sync. And by the way, we really do want to get this piece figured out. Because when Jupiter moves into Libra in September if our side of the street is not clean then our relationships are going to be up our ass in way that will hurt. Just remember Pluto is in Cap and Uranus is in Aries and they are not going to be nice to Jupiter in Libra when he gets into it with them next year. Clean up your side of the street between now and September. Just sayin’
On May 22, 9:19am Mercury will turn direct at 14 Taurus 20. As always we get down on our knees and kiss the ground that the retrograde is over.
The dates of importance:
April 14th Mercury in shadow (14 Taurus)
April 28, Mercury turns retrograde (23 Taurus)
May 22 Mercury turns direct (14 Taurus)
June 7th Mercury leaves shadow (23 Taurus)
We have been thinking about practical solutions since April 14th. We have been pondering other simple choices we can make that will create improvements for longterm goals. We were thrilled, if we can use that word, that the Mercury in Taurus retrograde took place so soon after we launched our Treasure Maps. Our maps were our goals for the year. Goals are important but strategies to realizing those goals are equally important and Mercury in Taurus is all about being practical with solutions. Remember the old shortest line between A & B conversation we just had. We have all been tested by the Universe during the Mercury retrograde as to how fast we can get P-R-A-C-T-I-C-A-L. Now with Mercury turning direct we can apply those new found skills. And for heaven sakes don’t personalize any bumps that came up during the Mercury retrograde. People are stupid. People do stupid stuff. Move on and enjoy your skills. Anyway, by the time we get to June 7 and out of the shadow we won’t care about a lot of the strum and drang that came up in the retrograde.
This is a fabulous lunar cycle. Will it be perfect and everything is coming up roses? Ah, no. But we will learn a lot about what we value, what we want to do in our calendar and how just being practical is sometimes the best solution.
Have a great 29 days and see you in Gemini.
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
Taurus New Moon
May 6, 2016
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: Where are you practical? Where do you need to be more practical? Where do you need to build up your reserves? Where do you need to build up your business? Where do you need to shift your life so it supports your values? What is the shortest distance between A & B. Isn’t it time you took that short straight line?
5/7: Sun trine Pluto: Creativity and productivity at an all time high. Meaning business and taking care of a shit load of work.
5/9: Jupiter direct 8:14am (see above)
5/9: Venus sextile Neptune: Creativity, values are inspired. Elevation around money and love.
5/9: Sun conjunct Mercury (r) Old thoughts are processed in a new way. Practical thinking in a new way excels.
Crescent Moon Phase
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are we learning about our family? What are we learning about our emotions? What are we learning about our roots? What are we learning about letting our emotions when they push us?
5/10: Venus trine Jupiter. Big love. Big money. Big creativity. Big values. Big and fun.
5/12: Mercury trine Pluto: Evolutionary thinking. Power and communication are processed in a new way. Shedding the debris on thinking that is old.
First Quarter Moon
May 13, 2016
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that speak to your pride? What actions are you taking that require a lot of strength? What actions need your supreme creativity? What actions are you taking that deserve drama?
5/13: Mercury conjunct Venus. Speaking of values. Values are fine tuned. Love and money on the brain.
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What are you refining within your relationship? What are you sifting out in your relationship? What is shifting in you through the process of negotiating? What are you refining as you find balance?
5/20: Sun enters Gemini
Full Moon Phase
May 21, 2016
1 Sagittarius 13
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Full Moon in Sagittarius. Where are you building a bridge to something new? Where are you finding your inner professor? Are you walking your talk? Why not?
Go to blog for full moon report.
5/22: Sun opposition Mars: Spirited energetic focus on money, resources, power and death and rebirth.
5/22: Mercury direct 9:19am (see above)
5/24: Venus enters Gemini.
5/24: Venus opposite Mars. Male vs Female. Values vs Energy are they in sync?
May 25: 2016
2:43 am EDT
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your inner CEO? How are you sharing your business acumen? How are others sharing their leadership skills with you?
5/26: Jupiter Square Saturn final round (see above)
5/27: Mars enters Scorpio
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions are you taking that speak to faith? What actions are you taking that speak to humanitarian causes? What actions are you doing that call upon your belief in something bigger than you?
4/29: Venus enters Taurus
5/3: Sun trine Jupiter. Feeling abundant. Big, grand, generous ideas thoughts, expressions and manifestations.
Balsamic Moon Phase
June 1, 2016
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our aggression. We release being independent. We release anger. We release the need to be number one.
6/2: Venus Square Neptune. Illusion versus values. What’s is really true in your heart. Lies you tell self rub at your soul. And you know it.
6/4: Sun square Jupiter. Extreme rheteroic. Nervous energy. Talking too much. Brain frizzles.
6/4: Venus square Jupiter. Money and love are stretched. Perhaps overflowing..perhaps too much.
Gemini New Moon June 4 10:59pm EDT (14 Gemini 53)
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook