New Moon Articles by Tracy
Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
Libra NEW MOON 2015
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? Your relationship to you and your relationship to other(s) is up for change. Are you ready for it? So, what if you are ready just deal with it.
A Rabbi Performing His Duties
Libra New Moon
October 12, 2015
19 Libra 20
Welcome to Libra New Moon.
With all the outer cardinal energy rolling around since 2012 (actually 2008 for Pluto) poor Libra has been in the center of major firing squads. And this actually may be the first Libra New Moon in several years where we have not had to put on our Kevlar suits. We might need a bullet- proof vest but at least it is not the whole suit!
The tension on all of us Earthlings has been great. We are working out a lot of our relationship issues. The last few years have focused on: Where are we co-dependent? Where do we need to exercise independence? Where are we selling out just to keep a relationship? Like a beaten dog who is always sweet and nice even to its abuser---who are we wagging our tail for and is it a bit too much? Where are we so needy we are taking scraps? Or where are we controlling others and keeping them in our life because we are too scared to be alone? What kind of debris field of passive aggressiveness are we leaving in our wake? Who are we using? Who is using us? And how is ALL of this working for us?
And how is our money? How are our values? How is our creativity? How is our beauty? What are we doing or not doing for all of those things? Is our daily life matching our values? And if any of this is funky, how is that working for us?
Libra is when we find balance. This is when we look around and say, “Hmm, something is off”. Remember Libra is the scales so it knows how to weigh and measure things. Also, Libra is the opposite of Aries. Aries was when we made our treasure maps. Back in spring we stood on our inner ridge and we looked off in the future and we said, “I want to accomplish…that.” It was very personal. It spoke to something deep inside us and so we put it on our Treasure Map. Now here we are six months later. Some of our Maps have been fruitful and have already presented manifestations; other visions need more time to percolate. That is all fine. But now instead of focusing on our vision we must look at the other person across from us and wonder---How are they doing? What can I do for them? This is not just your husband or wife by the way. Maybe it is that solid friend who is always there for you. Have you asked them lately “How is it going?” And have you really taken the time to hear them? Did it occur to you that just by being an active listener for someone else you may learn something about you? That is the perfect balance of Libra energy. But let’s be clear, being there for another person all the time and it is not reciprocated is not being in relationship. And if you insist on being one of those people why don’t you head to IKEA and sit on the shelf next to the “Kvoring” that is Swedish for floor mats.
So, what is going on with this particular Libra New Moon? First thing out of the box is we all need to focus on changes. Uranus is the planet of change and is in Aries opposite the Sun & Moon in Libra. Yep, I told you that we don’t need a full Kevlar suit but we do benefit by a bullet proof vest. Nice imagery. I know.
Here’s the deal, change is underfoot. And it involves our partnerships and our relationships. If some of you have been sweeping problems under the rug (or door mat) this will be a challenging 28 day cycle for you. I mean good luck on not dealing with stuff. There is the old saying, “If you don’t deal with it, the Universe will do it for you.” And Uranus is the perfect planet to help the universe. We should all keep on our toes and we should duck when we need to and jump when we need to but above all we should stay in tune to what is going on around us and more importantly what is going on inside us. If anything is out of balance and if it is not working on the inside it will NOT be working on the outside.
Venus, the ruling planet of Libra, is in a mild harsh aspect with Saturn while also in opposition to Neptune the planet of Illusion. This is one weird time for Venus. She wants to love, she wants to receive love but she is challenged by reality and illusions. How does that work? And because she is Libra’s planet, these Venus challenges will color the whole 28 day cycle.
So, if you are in a perfectly wonderful relationship with a partner, then great, get on your knees and thank God. But you are not immune to the Venus tension. For example what about your relationship with creativity, money, values and beauty? How are all those working for you? What is real? And what is not? Is your income at the highest it is ever going to realize? Or have you not applied your creativity? What is reality? What is illusion? How about your beauty? Does your outer match your inner? Could you improve on both? What’s the reality? What’s the illusion? And what about your value? Do you value you? Do others value you? What is the reality? What is the illusion?
Whatever is going on use Uranus to help make the needed changes.
And of course if your partnerships are null what are you doing to attract a relationship? What is the reality? What is the illusion? And I will give you a hint—It is not an accident you are not in a relationship. There may be bad habits that need to be purged. Use Uranus to help with those changes. It might be beliefs that are keeping you out of relationships. Use Uranus to help those changes. It might be a weak self worth in relationships. Use Uranus to help make those changes.
Lather. Rinse. Repeat. You certainly are getting the drift.
It is not that I want to sound harsh. But what is the point of being nambly pambly with Uranus in Aries? The bad side of Uranus in Aries is the Selfie Generation. Dear lord, I can’t wait for Uranus to move into Taurus to get some air from the selfie period. Seriously, Uranus rules technology and Aries when it is not fully integrated is, “Look at Me and all my wonderfulness.” On the other hand, evolved Aries is a natural leader who tells the truth and will effect change like a warrior. How about that Uranus in Aries, are you using it? This lunar cycle is giving all of us a wonderful opportunity to use the higher Aries energy---if we choose.
Speaking of choices. Pluto the planet of transformation is making some great aspects with our little friends in Virgo this cycle. The New Moon opens up on the heels of Pluto trine Jupiter and then continuing on the new Moon phase it trines Mars (10/15) and then on the 23rd it trines Venus.
Have you ever peeled an onion? A layer after a layer after a layer after a layer. That is the work of Pluto. He is peeling our opinions and beliefs (Jupiter) he is peeling our action and inner warrior (Mars) and he is peeling our love and values (Venus).
Yes, during Libra lunar cycle you can stay stuck on the superficial which is one of Libra’s downsides. “Look my husband bought me a new bracelet!” Great for you, but Uranus in Aries is saying, “What good is a nice bracelet if you are not respected or loved?” Ouch. But thankfully Pluto will keep us from hiding in our dark bedrooms with our food and pills. Let Pluto peel the truth and enjoy the good.
Additionally, the north node is in its final month of Libra during this Libra Lunar cycle. That doesn’t always happen with North Nodes. They can change signs anytime in the year. It is interesting that the North Node in Libra will wrap about seven hours into the Scorpio New moon. Basically the last drops of Libra North node are being spent during the 28 day Libra lunar cycle. And let’s all pay attention that the Libra New Moon is coming only three days after Mercury turned direct having completed three weeks of Mercury retrograde in Libra. Do you see a theme? We are getting our Libra on steroids this cycle. On November 11 the North Node will move into Virgo and it’s buddy the south node will be Pisces. We will be dealing with reality versus illusion for two and half years. And we have Saturn and Neptune beginning their two year square next month. Again reality versus illusion will be highlighted. How interesting Venus Libra’s ruling planet is in a tight squeeze with Saturn, reality and Neptune illusion. It would not be overstating the astrological landscape to say that this 28 day cycle is a harbinger to what will be coming in the next few years. Do you think now would be a good time to get our value in relationships straight?
Yeah. Me, too.
See you in Scorpio!
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
October 12, 2015
19 Libra 20
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
10/13 Mercury Sexile. Saturn. Smart, judicious thinking. The brain gets out in front of stuff with long vision.
10/15: Mars Trine Pluto: Change brings evolution. Actions that stimulate power and empowerment.
Crescent Moon Phase
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about your philosophical nature? What are you learning about people or places or situations that seem “foreign”? What are you learning about your education? What are you learning from the media? And more to the point how is all of the above hurting or serving you?
10/16: Venus Oppose Neptune. Confusion around love, beauty and value. Money also seems wonky. Get quiet and meditate. Real answers will come later.
10/17: Mars conjunct Jupiter. Intense sparks and big ass opinions. It is nearly impossible to see the forest for the trees. Microscope vision steps on Telescope vision. Try to merge the two approaches.
First Quarter Moon
October 20, 2015
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take that support your career? What actions can you take that build upon your position the world? What actions can you take that help you go ‘up the ladder’? What does the ladder even mean to you? What actions can you take that give you a spine?
10/23: Venus trine Pluto. New resources flow into Love matters, money matters and beauty&creative manners. Shedding brings new.
10/23: Sun in Scorpio.
October 24, 2015
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What have you missed about your faith? What have you missed about your intuition? How can you refine your spirituality? What are your dreams telling you? How is your ‘gut’ ringing?
Venus con Jupiter. Love is big. Opinions are loving. Softness meets the loudmouth. Philosophies find a kindness.
Mercury opposite Uranus. Brilliance meets quick wittedness. Yeah, they are not the same. Everyone has a snappy answer to stupid questions. Watch the tongue.
Full Moon Phase
3 Taurus 45
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Full Moon in Taurus. How are you purging the stuff you no longer need and in that space how are you building up something new, brick by brick? How does your sex life need an overhaul? How about your money? How are you overhauling what you value?
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are sharing your fun? How are you sharing your lightness? How are you sharing ways to communicate? How are you sharing your siblings and neighbors? How are you sharing your ‘smartness’?
10/30: Sun trine Neptune. Mystical, spiritual, holy stuff pushes us to shed and find our inner resource.
11/2: Mercury in Scorpio.
11/2: Venus Conj. Mars: Love and warrior meet up. How are we fighting for what works in our daily life? What do we value and how are we fighting for it?
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions are you taking that support your self esteem? What actions are you taking that support your creativity? What actions are you taking that support your boldness? What actions are you taking that support your pride?
11/5: Sun sextile Pluto. Release, evolve, grow. Repeat a jillion times.
11/6: Mercury trine Neptune: Mystical moments inspire thoughts about death, rebirth and growth.
Balsamic Moon Phase
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our insecurity. We release our nervousness. We release our monkey-mind. We release our OCD.
11/8: Venus in Libra
11/8: Venus conjunct North Node. How do appreciate others? How do we support others? How do we support partners? And question…Why the eff is it hard? Just askin’
11/10: Mercury sextile Pluto. Conversations and questions pop up that poke our psyches and inspire growth.
11/10: Sun sextile Jupiter. Inspiration on growth, bridging groups, thing that are foreign. Out of the comfort zone is do-able.
Scorpio New Moon November 11 12:45pm.
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon 2018: Friends & Communities
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon 2018
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon 2017 - On Top of The Galactic Center
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon (2017) : Act Like a Plumber!!
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Get Your Plumbers Butt On!
- scorpio New Moon: Get your Plumbers Butt on!
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook