New Moon Articles by Tracy
Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
Leo NEW MOON 2017
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? Here we go again, another opportunity to find your heart and follow it for 29 days. Can you do it? Is the eclipse getting your attention? Good.
A Mermaid Emerges From The Ocean Waves Ready For Rebirth In Human Form
Leo New Moon
August 21, 2017
28 Leo 52
The Solar Eclipse & Second Leo New Moon
On July 23 after the sun had just squeaked into Leo the moon joined it for a New Moon at one degree of Leo. Now here we are and the Moon will once again join the sun but this time it will be 29 degrees of Leo and this time the Moon eclipse the sun. We rarely have two Leo New Moons, which makes this significant and then of course, this is a major eclipse.
At this point there probably isn’t anyone who is not aware that this is the first Solar Eclipse since 1918 to begin and end in the United States. And by the way before 1918 it was hundreds and hundreds of years that we had one of these all in the USA. So, yeah this is a big deal.
The country with the eclipse usually is most impacted but because the USA is so big, the ripples off this eclipse will be felt worldwide. So, here we go. We may see some of the drama around the eclipse but eclipses are more like seeds being planted that sprout odd shoots over the next six months. There may be a burst of energy around next year’s lunar eclipse in Aquarius although that won’t be situated in the USA but it could have a call back to this Leo solar eclipse. And because the eclipses are connected in 19 year intervals (tied to the nodes) this eclipse could have ripples until 2036. We shall see. There could definitely be a delay due to the Mercury retrograde but we’ll talk about that later.
What is this eclipse and new moon about?
We discussed this 29 days ago when the first Leo New Moon came up and here we are again talking about matters of the heart. With Leo we are exploring love and heart issues. We want to be brave, strong and passionate. We want our heart to guide us. We just got through the first Leo New Moon, so the question to ask is: Where were you strong? Where were you brave? Where were you passionate? And if you were not---why not?
What are you telling yourself that makes it okay to not follow your heart? Read that twice. Why should you read it twice? Because spirit, God, the Universe (call it what you will) has given us two Leo New moons—evidently someone is getting our attention about being brave & strong and listening to our heart and if we didn’t get it the first time let’s try it this time. Twenty nine days of finding our hearts!
But word of caution—this is a very fiery new moon so find your passion but don’t be rash. There is a difference between passionate and sloppy. This may be part of the reason why we are getting an eclipse. The moon is our feminine and the sun is our masculine, on the eclipse the moon sneaks in between Earth and the sun and blocks out the powerful solar rays. Day turns to night for all of us to have a major reset and with Leo the reset is usually ego based. Braggarts, egotists, bullies, “my way or the highway” personalities will be eclipsed by those who come from an inner strength and self confidence. The feminine is receptive and intuitive, it will be there to soften the masculine brute force of Leo. We will see examples in the world and in our own personal life where people with low self esteem and high ego are causing problems. And at the same time we will see people with low ego and high self- esteem who are making a difference and here is the key –people who are leaders will get our attention. Watch how leaders emerge during the new moon and over the next six months. Watch the place of their heart from which they emerge. Fakes and false leaders will be called out. Authentic will be seen and more to the point they will walk their talk. Especially with Saturn in the picture.
This Leo New Moon chart we have the Sun & Moon & Mars in conjunction meaning they are on top of each other and the three of them are in trine with Uranus in Aries and trine Saturn in Sagittarius. This is a double grand trine. Wow. What a nice gift for all of us who have been slogging through some bumpy new moons for the last year. It may be an eclipse and it may have drama but what a gift to have Saturn working with us. For 29 days see if you find structures easier to build, or goals seem attainable. It does not mean anything will be overnight but perhaps a key person or thing or situation or energy shows up and a realistic path to an important goal emerges.
With the Uranus grand trine we have breakthroughs and new beginnings and cracks break down something that has previously seemed hard and concrete. Creativity will be high and lightening bolts of genius will strike. This will be a dynamic 29 day cycle with much opportunity to grow and do something new and build some new important structure in your life that support your deep seated beliefs.
So, we have all this great opportunity in the eclipse, new moon and 29 day lunar cycle. Great. Make the pitcher of margaritas and watch the good times roll in. Ah, not quite. First of all nothing in life is as simple as resort living on the Mayan Riveria no matter how much we would like it to be. But more to the point, there is the matter of the Mercury retrograde. Sigh. Our minds are not exactly where they need to be with this big ass eclipse and Leo energy. Mercury retrograde in Virgo and Leo is speaking to our insecurities and our nervous energy. It is very difficult to find strength in faith and if there was any sign in the zodiac who has little faith it is Virgo. It is not that they don’t want to have faith but they just really don’t trust anything that they can’t see, hear, feel, taste or touch. Faith speaks to something untouchable. It is this ‘knowing’. “Knowing” with the quotes is the last thing Virgo can support. Instead Virgo will get into the minutia of something to avoid the bigness of ‘why am I here?” At the time of the new moon Mercury will be at 8 degrees of Virgo and opposing Neptune so we should expect some kind of unworldliness that we are all trying to make sense. Of course it can’t ever be understood so then we will have to go deeper to “Hmm I guess it is part of something bigger.” If you can get there, great. The truth is when Mercury returns to Leo on August 31 we will move out of picky Virgo brain and back to finding our heart-brain. The energy will shift. Then on September 5th at 7:29am EDT Mercury will turn direct at 29 Leo and we will find a call back to the eclipse. This is of course the same degree at the eclipse. What are the chances of those odds? A gazillion to one. Maybe not that high but enough to remind us that something bigger than us is at play and we would be smart to honor the energy shift in us and the call to our heart. Watch what comes up between the new moon and September 19th that feels familiar perhaps all the way back to July 24 and honor any growths or changes that you make in response to the energy shift.
Back to Saturn
Saturn stations direct
August 25, 8:08am EDT
21 Sagittarius 10
As we discussed Saturn is in grand trine in the new moon chart. This is offering a lot of structure and solid ability to build upon something and make it better. Great. In addition to the aspect, Saturn will also be turning direct just a few days after the new moon. Wow. Spirit is really getting our attention that we can do something if we want to do it. Saturn has been in Sag for about two years and it will be wrapping up its journey this year and will be moving into Capricorn at the end of December. Saturn will not return to Sagittarius for about 27 years. Will I still be on earth? Gosh, who knows but if I am I will be as old as dirt. The point is we should all make the most of Saturn in Sagittarius. With Sag we are visionaries. We see solutions and see bridges that take us from one place to another. We find faith in churches and places that are holy. We find faith in education. We find faith in rules and orders and we find faith in our judgment. Although, if we are not walking our talk we will be slapped by the universe. And perhaps when Saturn turned retrograde on April 6 we have been feeling hurdle after hurdle. Is some of it popping up by our own hand? Have we messed up and been full of our self (bad Sag) or have we had to just slow down and really think if the thing we are pursuing is really in sync with our beliefs. Whatever has been coming up consider it a new day after Saturn turns direct on August 25th. Our engines will rev up and hopefully we will make the most of Saturn’s final days in Sag.
There is a lot of good in the chart of this new moon and eclipse. Can we make the most of it? Can we be patient? Some of the good will show up on the new moon some will show up when mercury goes direct some will show up in the next six month and some will show up between now and 2036. Whatever it is enjoy the most of this cycle and enjoy the eclipse! I will be in the zone for the shadow and will report back any findings to you on Virgo New Moon. See you then.
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
Leo New Moon
28 Leo 52
August 21, 2017
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: Where are your passions? What makes you feel alive? How can you plant seeds that speak to your heart, your creativity, your dramatic and daring nature? How can you put the shy wall flower away for awhile? Perhaps that is not serving you. Where do you need to be bold? And what is YOUR truth. Find it.
8/22: Mars trine Saturn: Actions with structures build something strong
8/22: Sun enter Virgo
8/24: Venus square Uranus. Love and values get an electric shock. Disruptions in money and love.
Crescent Moon Phase
August 25, 4:56am EDT
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about partnership? What are you learning about relationships? What are you learning about balance? What are you learning about negotiating? What are you learning about fairness?
8/25: Saturn stations direct 8:08am EDT (see above)
8/25: Venus enters Leo
8/26: Sun conjunct Mercury
First Quarter Moon
August 29, 2017
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take that connect with your beliefs? What actions can you take that expand your world? What actions can you take that bridge you with another group? What actions can you take connect with your understanding of right from wrong?
8/31: Mercury enter Leo
September 2, 2017
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What are you neglecting that speaks to your inner CEO? Where are you a professional and have you been missing something about that part of your nature? What are you neglecting that speaks to your industrial nature? How are you neglecting the ability to Move UP the ladder? Is there an inner beef? How have you moved through insecurities? Is there more work to do?
9/2: Mars trine Uranus: Creative & dynamic energy that motivates big action.
9/3: Mercury conjunct Mars. The mind is quick might be moving a bit too fast. Watch thy tongue.
9/4: Sun oppose Neptune. Illusion is up, mysticism and faith are under it.
9/5: Mars enters Virgo
9/5: Mercury stations direct (see above) 7:29am 28 Leo 25
Full Moon Phase
September 6, 2017
13 Pisces 53
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Full Moon in Pisces. What is your faith telling you? Where is your faith? What is your inner mystic saying to you? How is your creativity?
Go to blog for full moon report.
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your concreteness? How are you sharing your resources? How are you showing your practical nature? How are you sharing the power of building something from the ground up? How are you sharing the value of finances and properties?
9/9: Sun Trine Pluto: Death and rebirth are a joyous experience. Transformation feels light and easy.
9/9: Mercury enters Virgo
9/12: Venus trine Saturn. Values are supported and given structure.
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions are you taking that support communications? What actions are you taking support connections? What actions are you taking that support lightness? What actions are you taking that support siblings or neighbors? How are you resisting gossip?
9/13: Sun square Saturn. Frustration, delays, hurdles Micro versus Macro –finding the place in the middle is difficult.
Balsamic Moon Phase
September 16, 2017
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on How are we releasing our ego? How are we releasing cowards? How are we releasing bullies? How are we releasing the need to control?
9/16: Mercury conjunct Mars. Critical eye and mouth.
9/19: Venus enters Mercury
9/19: Mercury oppose Neptune. Conversation not exactly accurate? Thoughts that seem distorted. Prayer and meditation help.
September 20, 1:29 am 52 EDT
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook