New Moon Articles by Tracy
Scorpio New Moon: Get Your Plumbers Butt On!
Scorpio NEW MOON 2017
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? Check your plumbing, my friend. Is your outtake confused with your intake? Now would be the time to get your plumbers butt and fix it.
A Military Band Marches Noisily On Through The City Streets
Scorpio New Moon
26 Scorpio 19
There are times when I want to put up a new moon report and only write one sentence. Just one sentence and leave it at that.
This month it would be: “Check your plumbing.”
Drop the mic.
Well, let me pick up the mic again since I am a Sag and I can’t leave these reports at one sentence. What I mean by check your plumbing, I am talking metaphorically (although it could also include the pipes in your house) is that we need to take a look at what we are pumping in and out of our lives. Remember, plumbing does two things –it brings in fresh and it takes out garbage. Never should those pipes be confused with each other unless you want trouble.
We have a unique opportunity with this 29- day cycle because there is no difficult aspect between the major planets the Sun and Moon. There is an aspect with Chiron and there are two minor aspects, which I will address later in report. But for the most part we should be able to access the gifts of the Scorpio New Moon and 29- day lunar phase with ease. Which means ---this cycle you should check your plumbing on the following:
Your finances. How is money coming in and going out? Where is there waste? What are you buying? Where is there a clog on fresh incoming money? Is there any mindless buying? Are you living within your means? Are you being too stingy with yourself? Is the pipe for poverty consciousness too high? Is the pipe for grandiosity too big? How can you shut everything off and start fresh again? And getting specific have you balanced your accounts? Are you taking care of your debts in the speed that you want? How can you adjust your piping to take care of your money?
Your psychology. What is going on deep in you psyche? Who, what and how is the plumbing? Are you being influenced by your past too much? How about turning that pipe down? Are you ignoring the past? How about opening that pipe? Where are you too much like someone who imprinted on you? Who are you mirroring? How have you co-mingled too much? Can you turn off those pipes? Have you looked at what motivates you on a deep level? Can you freshen up that deep connection to self?
Your power. How are you finding your power? Is it the same old way you have been doing for years? Is it still working for you? Does the old way of empowerment still fit? What would it look like if you turned that pipe off? Can you find another pipe for empowerment? Again, going deep what can you let go in order to rebirth? What is the fresh approach to letting go in order to grow?
Your Sex life: How are those pipes? Is sex something on your To-Do list? Like laundry and grocery shopping? How about a fresh pipe? Is it something revved up too high? How about taking it back a notch? What connection in your psyche can you bring that freshens up sex? Are you remembering how to connect to self and to your partner? Or is it mindless? Are you freshening it up by revving up your enjoyment? Are the pipes completely off? What can you do to plug in?
Your stagnancy: Where are you stuck? What pipe feeds that stuckness? Is it rigid thinking? Rigid beliefs? Where is your black and white thinking keeping you stuck? What if the black pipe and the white pipe were shut off? Let a fresh pipe of “I don’t know what I don’t know” turn on. Are you unclear about your stagnancy? Where do you drone on and on? Turn that pipe off for 29 days and see if you can shift your stagnancy? So you can move into……
Your evolution: Do you have a pipe that supports your evolution? Is the pipe for ‘open to change’ actually on? Or is the pipe for, “This is who I am and I’m not changing” the only pipe on? And how about that fear pipe? Must it always be on? Where can you say Yes instead of No? Or where are you always saying Yes and instead what about saying No? Or perhaps you already know you have evolved inside but have not revealed it to the world yet? Perhaps now would be a time to turn on that pipe.
Your intuition: What is your pipe to your ‘inner knowing’? Is it even on? Do you believe the only people who are intuitive are “psychics”? Is that what you believe? Turn that belief pipe off, please. Take 29 days instead and tune into your own intuitive pipe. Wake up every day and ask for your inner guide to give you prompts.
During Scorpio lunar cycle give yourself the gift of finding your plumbing and turning on and off various pipes. Along the way we do have a couple other astro events that need to be addressed.
About twenty- four hours into the new moon, on the 19th, Mars in Libra will square Pluto in Capricorn. This aspect is a fast aspect and not particular comfortable in any given year but the fact that it is so close to the new moon and the fact that Pluto rules Scorpio gives it a bit more punch. Libra is always looking for things that are just and fair. Pluto in Capricorn says, “You want fair? Fine. But you gotta look at how broken the mess really is before you can fix it.” There may be a shock and awe moment for all of us to observe. Or it could just be a small one that catches our attention. The antidote is to go back to our plumbing. Our emotions will need to be processed through our pipes. We may have a call back to the 19th on December 1 when Mars opposes Uranus and the accent is more on the rebels or rebellion.
Neptune turns direct on November 22 at 11 Pisces 27. Neptune has been retrograded since June 16. During these last six months it has moved from 14 back to 11 degrees of Pisces. Of course those people with planets between 1-14 Gemini, Virgo, Sag and Pisces are probably feeling a wee bit disconnected. As if they are walking along and they suddenly hit a fog bank. The only answer is to find spirit and faith and tune in. This is not for the meek. For the rest of us we are finding our inner antenna during these Neptune retrogrades. Think about where you were in June. Did you have everything figured out and then did things start to melt away? Neptune in Pisces has been interesting experience for the whole world. There is an old Yiddish adage, “Man makes plans and God laughs.” At nearly the half way point of Neptune in Pisces we are getting how true this expression is and by the time we get to the end of Neptune in Pisces 2025 well we will all be Jewish because we will know it is totally accurate that God laughs. Of course all is not lost and we aren’t just victims, that is why we get the gift of Neptune retrogrades. During the retrograde we fine tune our antenna so that we can feel our way with our intuition. Ask how many adjustments did you make since June because something didn’t feel quite right? Was it the smart move? And if it was not the smart move –then perhaps it wasn’t your intuition who was stopping you it was your fear and that’s not the same. Can you figure out the difference now that it is direct? Once Neptune turns direct we can access some of our successful tune ins. Enjoy Neptune direct the next retrograde will be in June 2018.
Oh, snap, Mercury retrograde!
Dec 3, 2:34 am EST
29 Sag 18
Let’s go over the rules again with Mercury retrograde.
On November 14 Mercury crosses shadow point. (13 Sag)
On December 3 at 2:34am EST Mercury turns retrograde (29 Sag)
On December 22 at 5:50pm EST it turns direct (13 Sag)
On January 10 Mercury crosses the shadow point (29 Sag)
Last December we had Mercury retrograde in Capricorn all the way back to 29 Sag. This time we are having the retrograde start at 29 Sag and go back to 13 Sag. Last year the retrograde was more about business and corporate and political structures. This Mercury retrograde we will be noting all that is bellicose. Big opinions, big judgments, along with prejudices and perhaps academic grandiose thinking. That is of course the negative spin on Mercury in Sag but the more uplifting components are humor, light in touch, open to other people and cultures, willingness to broaden experiences, building bridges and offering wise counsel. We had a total Sag Mercury Retrograde in the winter of 2011 (Nov/Dec) so think about what came up for you then to draw a comparison. During this Mercury retrograde we would all be wise to hold our tongues and if not we need to prepare to walk our talk. It is most interesting that Saturn will be in its final days of Sag while we are working out our thoughts and communication (Mercury) in Sag. It is almost as if the universe is giving us one little pop quiz on Sagittarius before Saturn the ultimate teacher leaves Sag for 27 years. And yes, hypocrites you may get busted. Can’t say you weren’t warn.
On December 2 Jupiter will trine Neptune. This is interesting since Jupiter is in Scorpio and during the Scorpio lunar phase it is making a beautiful aspect with Neptune in Pisces who will be in direct motion. It is as if the Universe wants to give us a gift of strong intuition, kindness, humanitarianism, creativity and faith. Watch for stories in the world that are uplifting both globally and locally. As we rebuild our plumbing we are reminded that we are in the world with a whole lot of people who are focused on the good. What a gift when we can see it in our own life and heart.
Three days—note that Dec 2 we get the gift of Jupiter & Neptune trine then on Dec 3 we get Mercury retrograde and then a few hours later we get the Gemini Full Moon. This is a very potent two – three days. See if you can adapt your thinking, your faithful and your communication.
Earlier I mentioned Chiron. Chiron is in Pisces trining Moon and Sun in the new moon chart so we will find that by the time this 29 day cycle has completed there has been some type of healing. The healing will have to do with the areas that adjust our plumbing and there may be a lot of synchronicity. Our intuition and spirit will be working hand in hand even if we don’t see it at first. Additionally there are smaller aspects and more to the point an aspect with a minor planet: Sedna.
I am always threading a needle of giving my readers information on the eight phases of the moon and important astrological hits that will be up for processing. It is a bit of a dance for me because I want to keep you informed but I don’t want to overwhelm you with too much of the astrology. The truth is that there are minor planets and asteroids that I do not include in my report unless they are simply too big to leave out. For example I brought up Chiron in this report. In the case of this Scorpio New Moon I do want to do a shout out for Astrology King who has gone very deep on minor planet Sedna that was discovered in 2003. He discusses the important tie in with climate change. I think his write up is very interesting and I think many of you will feel similiarly. Give a read https://astrologyking.com/new-moon-november-2017/
I am welcoming this Scorpio cycle with much grace. I have been around long enough to know you don’t fight Scorpio (or Pluto). You flow into the information and grow from it. You may be surprised by how much a new you emerges in 29 days.
See you in Sag next month.
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
Scorpio New Moon
26 Scorpio 19
November 18, 2017
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: Are you paying attention to what goes in and what goes out of your life? Double check that everything coming in is really fresh. Check your money, your sex, your debts, your power, your ability to die and be reborn. Plant seeds that start a fresh new you.
11/19: Mars square Pluto : Warrior versus Power. There is a difference.
11/21: Sun enters Sagittarius
11/22: Neptune direct at 11 Pisces 27 (9:20am EST) (see above)
Crescent Moon Phase
Nov 22, 2017
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about business? What are you learning about being a CEO? What are you learning about the “public” persona? What are you learning about success? What are you learning about practicality and prudence? What are you learning about pessismism?
11/25: Mercury trine Uranus. Quick thinking with dynamic creativity. Breakthrough thinking and break outs.
First Quarter Moon
November 26, 2017
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that support your faith? What actions are you taking that speak to things that are holy? What actions are you taking that speak to metaphysical or spirituality? What actions are you taking that are unworldly? What actions are you taking that touch the great unknown?
11/27 Mercury conjunct Saturn. Structured thoughts that produce results. Big thoughts that might be do-able or do they need more concrete action?
November 30, 2017
4:27 am EST
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
How are your refining your self purpose? How are you refining your identity? How are your refining your pioneering nature? How are you refining your impulses?
12/1: Mars oppose Uranus Warrior for fairness takes on independent rebel.
12/2: Jupiter trine Neptune (see above)
12/3: Mercury Retrograde 29 Sag 18 2:34 am (see above)
12/3: Sun square Neptune. A wee bit lost in the woods. Get quiet and meditate.
Full Moon Phase
December 3, 2017
10:46 am EST
11 Gemini 40
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Full Moon in Gemini. Versatility and adaptability along with communication keep us on our toes. Where are we youthful? Where are we lively? How do we see the importance of ‘mixing it up’?
Go to blog for full moon report.
12/6: Mercury conjunct Saturn ; Let’s go back and think about those things that are big but need restructuring. How can we be practical bit by bit?
Dec 6 2017
3:28 pm EST
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your emotions? How are you sharing yoru feelings? How are you sharing your family? How are you sharing your cozy? How are you sharing your snappiness?
12/9: Mars enters Scorpio
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Dec 10 2017
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions are taking that show the power of details? What actions are you taking keep you focused on the trees and not the forest? What actions are you taking that speak to daily routines? What actions are you taking that speak to your health & maintenance?
12/10: Mercury trine Uranus More quick thinking that is creative and dynamic. Breaking new ground with our thoughts and communication.
12/10: Venus square Neptune. Rose colored glasses can be misguided. Everything is not as it appears. Lots of dreams but not a lot of reality.
12/12: Sun conjunct Mercury. Big thinking. Big idea. Big opinions.
Balsamic Moon Phase
December 13 2017
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on How are we releasing our black and white? How are we releasing our morose nature? How are we releasing our controlling nature?
12/16: Sun trine Uranus. Creativity, daring to be different, breaking out going on an adventure either internally or externally. Feeling a new day.
December 18, 2017 1:30am EST
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon 2017 - On Top of The Galactic Center
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon (2017) : Act Like a Plumber!!
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Get Your Plumbers Butt On!
- scorpio New Moon: Get your Plumbers Butt on!
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook