New Moon Articles by Tracy
Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
Taurus NEW MOON 2017
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? We will be practical and looking for simple solutions for a personal revolution.
The Woman Of Samaria At The Ancestral Well
Taurus New Moon
8:16 am (EDT)
The Taurus New Moon is the first of three Supermoons in a row. As defined by astrologer Richard Nolle, Supermoons are closest to Earth (perigee) and can occur in either the full or new phase. In this case, the New Moons of April 26, May 25 and June 24th are all Supermoons. These moons have a bit more energy along with higher tides and Nolle has found a link to earthquakes.
Astrologer Stephanie Austin (www.ecoAstrology.com) points out that we experienced geomagnetic storms on April 19th which were responsible for power outages in major cities two days later. It seems as though the cosmos are getting our attention! Austin suggests we could experience extreme tiredness and forgetfulness and we need to take salt baths and walk in nature to get grounded.
The chart for this Taurus New Moon is very interesting. Underline the word ‘very’. Taurus, being the first earth sign of the zodiac is extremely practical. Taurus is our sure and steady sign. Putting one foot in front of the other with head bent down, Taurus can accomplish a lot.
Taurus rules money and things we value. It nurtures those things that need to be protected like love and savings accounts. Taurus knows that things that are important usually take a lot of time and focus and care.
The Taurus nature is not light and frilly and it is not easily adaptable. And in fact it can be quite stubborn. Curiously, the chart for this Taurus New Moon is very adaptable. Mercury is in conjunction with Uranus in late Aries and forms a wide conjunction with Sun and Moon in Taurus. Mercury and Uranus are all about adaptability. Mercury is flexible and Uranus is brilliant and they are sending juju to the Sun and Moon sitting in the land of practicality. How interesting that Mercury and Uranus speak to the Sun/Moon at the same time we are pulled by the forces of the tide (supermoon) and we are getting zapped by magnetic solar flares. Change is being implanted.
For 29 days we may experience brilliant solutions that have real practical results. In the Taurus cycle our craving for concrete manifestations will be high. Airy-fairy, “comme si comme sa” attitudes are not appealing. We want our actions to mean something. But at the same time, how we get to those results will be subject to change or adaptability. The 29 day cycle will have unexpected, out-of-the-blue encounters or moments. We will all feel electricity in the air.
The truth is we have been feeling electric impulses since March 25 with the first conjunction of Mercury and Uranus near the Aries New Moon. Now this second round is two days after Taurus New Moon on April 28. The final conjunction will be on May 9th coincidentally near the full moon. Normally, Mercury conjuncts Uranus one day a year. To get it three times within six weeks is exceptional and we are feeling it. There is no way you aren’t. What kind of coincidences are you experiencing? How are you getting information (Mercury) in unusual (Uranus) ways? Is it a random conversation that sparks something in you? Is it an observation that sparks something new? Are you doing different things or are you doing things differently? Good. That means you are paying attention. Remember this conjunction is taking place in Aries, which is all about new paths and new horizons and new breakthroughs. We will feel this for the entire 29 day lunar cycle but it will be most pronounced between April 28 and May 9th. Our lightening rods will be up!
On May 3rd Mercury turns direct at 24 Aries. As always we feel relief with Mercury straightening out and flying straight. Our brains have been searching for new ways to do things with Mercury in Aries. Mentally we want a fresh start. Uranus in Aries as we discussed is pushing for brilliant fresh starts. Once Mercury turns direct we could see things smooth out. Our mental shape calms down and any communication bumps will also soften.
In conclusion, Uranus and Mercury impacted the 29 days of Aries cycle and here they are again influencing the Taurus 29 day cycle. Uranus is gunning for a revolution and because it is in the sign Aries it is a personal revolution. We may have been inspired and ignited back on Aries New Moon, now in Taurus cycle we are figuring out how to make practical moves to make sure our personal revolution sticks.
Bring out your lightening rod or light sabre and I’ll see you on the other side.
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
Taurus New Moon
6 Taurus 27
April 26, 2017
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: Where do you need to be super practical? How is your money and your values? How is love? How are you building something from the ground up? How are tapping into earth? How are taking off your shoes and feeling the grass beneath your feet both metaphorically and literally?
4/28: Venus enters Aries
4/28: Mercury conjunct Uranus. Brilliant mental break throughs. Electric thoughts. Breakouts. This cycle repeats on May 9
Crescent Moon Phase
April 29 12:38pm EDT
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about communication? What are you learning about flexibility? What are you learning about mercurial temperment or situations?
First Quarter Moon
May 2, 2017
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: How is your pride motivating you? How are you using strength and moving forward? Where do you need to be practical about your creativity?
5/3: Mercury Direct 24 Aries 15. 12:32pm EDT
5/3 Sun sextile Neptune. Inspired, creative, beauty is easily access.
May 6, 2017
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What needs fixing in your relationships? What have you been neglecting in your relationships? Where do you need to fix balance in your life?
5/9: Sun trine Pluto: Rebirth, renewal, transformation is easy.
5/9: Mercury conjunct Uranus. Brilliant thinking. Mental lightening strikes. Break throughs.
Full Moon Phase
May 10, 2017
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Full Moon in Scorpio. How is transformation manifesting in your life? Where do you feel trapped? How are fears holding you down? What is it you need to let go of to be liberated?
Go to blog for full moon report.
5/11 Mars Square Neptune: Unusual actions. Fuzzy actions. Unconscious movements.
5/11 Mercury Trine Saturn: Solid thoughts. Structure that make sense. Sharp thinking that is very productive.
5/11. Mars trine Jupiter. Actions that broaden your world. Reaching out and making moves based on learning something.
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your business acumen? How are you sharing your inner CEO? How are you sharing the importance of hierarchy? How are you sharing the power of establishments?
5/15: Mercury enters Taurus
Last Quarter Moon Phase
May 18, 8:32pm EDT
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions are you taking that support community? What actions are you taking that support like minded groups? Who are the people that share your ideals and how can they help propel you in a practical way?
5/18: Saturn trine Uranus. Daring and creative is supported by work. Structure that supports ingenuity.
5/19: Venus opposition Jupiter. Love and money feel overwhelmed. Take care to not go overboard.
5/20: Sun enters Gemini
5/22: Venus Square Pluto. Love that feels trapped will need to be liberated. Money that feels trapped needs to be liberated. How to transform is the question.
Balsamic Moon Phase
May 22, 2017
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our personality. We release our self determination. We release our anger. We release our smart ass.
Gemini New Moon May 25 3:44pm(4 Gemini 46)
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook