New Moon Articles by Tracy
Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
ARIES NEW MOON 2012
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 28 day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, Astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? It is all about YOU! What is personally motivating you? Do you have any idea? Why not? Now is the time to get your mojo about YOU! The world needs you to do it now. Stop slacking and get on with it!
March 22, 2011
2 Aries 22
3 degrees Aries
A cameo profile of a man in the outline of his country: This is a symbol of a real breadth of participation in everyday affairs. And of the extent to which every individual tends to epitomize the tradition and culture from which he has emerged. There is the suggestion of both an impersonal self-dedication to broader community interests and a highly personal dramatization of the self as a focus for group actuality. The key word is EXPLOITATION. When positive, the degree is man’s capacity for giving full play to every ramification of the reality he has created for himself and when negative an unimaginative conventionality which leaves him in bondage to every stereotype of human relations.
ARIES NEW MOON -
New Moon Phase
March 22, 2011 10:37am EDT
First order of business: If there is anyone new to this website and you are reading the lunar moon articles for the first time then congratulations! Your timing is perfect because this is the finest new moon of all twelve signs –it is the Treasure Map New Moon!
Aries is the first sign of the zodiac and on the Aries New Moon we plant the seeds for what we want in the upcoming 12 months. We cut out magazine photos, or we down load images or we paint or we draw or we do want ever our heart fancies. We put those images on a poster board and build a collage and of course we write down affirmations and words that speak to us. Is it peace of mind? Is it abundance? Is it a strong relationship or good health? Whatever it is, we put it down so we can see it. Sight is ruled by Aries and our treasure map supports us all year since as we know, “Seeing is believing”.
By building this treasure map on Aries New moon we will set in motion a plan for the universe to respond to us. And the response is usually quick with many of us having solid action by Cancer New moon (late June). For more information on the history of treasure mapping along with important Q & A’s go this article:
I would also like to add that some of you who do not have the mojo to build a map you can instead write down what you want to actualize on orange paper. I must admit I might choose to have an ‘orange paper’ year. I can feel it. In fact I’m mixing it up this year. I love my map so much from last year and feel the seeds there are still so important that I am going to write my goals on orange paper and put it behind my map plus I’m going to write additional affirmations on orange paper and cut and paste them on the map making it anew. At least that is my plan. I may however wake up on the 22nd and realize that I do indeed want to make a new map. The most important thing to do is to follow one’s gut when Treasure Mapping.
Aries New Moon
So, what does this month’s lunar phase say about the next twenty eight days? And perhaps the next twelve months? Well there will definitely be breakthroughs but we should also expect agitation.
The Sun, Moon, Mercury and Uranus are all on top of each other. And this cluster of Aries energy is fiery, robust, loud and all about number one. But all that energy could have misfires given the four of them are in one major harsh angle with Pluto. Tension will be high as we build our treasure maps, we will want to accomplish a lot and we will want to do it right away. The square is accenting the speed but under that urge is a vein of regret. Enter the square with Pluto. Many of us will contemplate where we screwed up, what we neglected, what we messed up. We will be annoyed with all the people, places and situations that got our attention instead of us putting attention on ourselves. Remember Aries is about ‘self’, breaking out and carving our own path. And Mercury the planet of our thinking and our brain is retrograde which puts emphasis on the past a place Aries does not normally hang out. This coupled with the pressure by Pluto who is usually desperate to explode will add to the agitation. Sparks will fly.
Then there is Uranus who is coloring the whole month (and year for that matter). Uranus likes to shake things up. We may feel inner earthquakes, lightning bolts and electrical charges. Things that are novel and innovative will speak to us. The news will undoubtedly have shake ups and possible new contraptions.
But what does it mean to have shake ups at a time when we are thinking about our new year? Is it a coincidence that this new moon is right on top of the great shaker? No, of course not. We are shaking stuff up for our future. Not just a few months down the road but our future for years. Why is it so important? Because Uranus is in Aries until 2019 and it hooks up with the Aries new moon only four times between now and then. When it does, those of us who are smart (that would be you and me) will watch what comes up in our hearts, minds and world during the new moon and consider it a message from the future.
At the same time that Uranus is coaxing us out of our comfort zone we have Pluto in Capricorn putting pressure to rebuild our infrastructure. Not just highways and bridges but the infrastructure in our lives. Pluto heals from a deep place but it only works when we identify the things that aren’t working. On this new moon we may get answers about what is broken. Watch and see what concrete need comes up. It could be a surprise, since Uranus tends to ‘shock and awe’ but at the core if something comes up that needs to be fixed take note of it and consider putting something on your Treasure Map that addresses it in a broader way. For example, and I’ll make it an easy example, your car breaks down on the highway. It needs to be replaced and you can’t afford a new car. Put something on your Treasure Map that improves your wealth.
Mercury in the house
Mentally, our brains will be racing a million miles an hour. With Mercury in Aries the mind wants everything yesterday. It is also prone to knee jerk reactions and ALWAYS has a snappy answer for a stupid question. We need to watch our tongue all month. And just because we have a fiery thought and feel impassioned does not mean that the heat will last. Mercury conjunct Sun/Moon and Uranus while squaring Pluto speaks to things being a flash in the pan. Looks dramatic, catches our attention but will it last? On March 23 Mercury moves back into Pisces so our mystical side will be speaking to us which will probably help soften any anger and then it turns direct on April 4th. Information that was clogged up will certainly loosen up after the 4th. And if by chance your Treasure Map looks ‘off’ after the 4th please feel free to make adjustments. You can add or subtract up until the full Moon April 6th 4:39am EDT.
March 24th through March 29th 3:56pm EDT
The Sun will conjunct Uranus on March 24th. This happens once a year and then there is an exact square between the Sun and Pluto on March 29th. The square happens twice a year (last one in the fall) and it can be a tense, difficult time leading to that day. Perhaps more so this year than previously because we are also in the building period of Uranus’s own explosive fight with Pluto in June. Watch the days between the 24th and the 29th for any rough world events. In our personal lives there could be more agitation as we want to break free from the old and get to the new higher ground. I mentioned to a friend the other day, “Lord the crazies are in charge of the asylum.” I think this has to do with the Uranus/Pluto aspect. The pressure we’re all feeling is great and everyone thinks they have THE solution. And yes, there is a feeling of being between a rock and hard place but beware of those who keep lighting sticks of dynamite. The sane will be those who keep calm and carry on. Watch your world around the 29th and see what comes up.
Pluto turns retro
Pluto normally spends half the year in retrograde and on April 10th he will turn around and head back from 9 degrees of Capricorn to 7 degrees. We might have a bit more insecurity on the 10th but Pluto is equally comfortable going forward as backwards. Given Pluto’s nature is to dig in deep and find the issue, a case can be made he might even prefer the retrograde period! Anyway, we can use the next five months to once again sort through solutions we need to improve our infrastructures. Remember, like the story of the Princess and the Pea, Pluto is the princess and no matter how many mattresses are stacked up Pluto will find the miniscule pea. Especially if the pea is making everything ‘off’. Watch what peas come up between now and September.
Mars on the move
For the last month we have had a lovely trine between Pluto/Mars & Jupiter and during that time Dow Jones reached heights it has not had since before the crash in 2008. The economy has shown signs of improvements. Time will tell how long the improvements last and I have to say I am a bit concerned if the gains will retreat when Jupiter moves out of Taurus and into Gemini this summer. In the meantime Mars who has been traveling backwards for months in Virgo is going to straighten out on April 13 and finally begin his journey out of the sign. As annoying as it has been to have Mars retro in Virgo and believe me I’m a Sag so I can speak of this annoyance personally, I still cannot underscore enough how important it is for all of us to get into great daily habits while Mars is in Virgo. What is your exercise routine? Your diet? Have you been to the doctor for a check up? How is your blood? How are your projects? How is your schedule? Do you do daily work towards your long term goals? Mars will continue to stay in Virgo until July so we have a few more months of opportunity to get our schedules on track. Keep this energy in mind when you build your Treasure Maps. An affirmation for everyone might be, “My daily life reflects my long term goals.”
In Conclusion: Aries New Moon is always an exciting time and why not? We should all be excited about our future. I know that we have all had a rough couple of years and yes, these 28 days will definitely have some bumps but please do NOT focus on bumps. Instead make the most of them. I remember years ago when I used to ski and I was never a great skier by the way, I used to enjoy the bumps or moguls as they are called. I would go up and feel a bit wobbly and sometimes I landed with a thud but I also enjoyed the air and speed and often landed properly. I am going to encourage all of you to use any bumps like a skier uses moguls go up high, grab some air, use the speed and stay on track. And don’t be surprised if you have a year of breakthroughs. I promise.
The 8 phases
New Moon Phase
March 22, 2011 10:37am EDT
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: What changes can you make in your life that will have long term positive manifestations? What are your personal goals for the year? When you put yourself first what do you need? If you have any regrets how can you use them to your advantage as you lay out your goals?
3/23: Mercury returns to Pisces http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/mercuryinsigns_page2.html
3/24: Sun/Uranus: Crazy and Unexpected weird stuff are highlighted. Along with breakthroughs. Focus on New unexpected beginnings.
Crescent Moon Phase
March 26 1:17pm EDT
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you hearing or learning that speaks of your resources? What seeds did you plant that will improve your finances? What are doing right now that is a practical manifestation of your financial goals? What are you learning from others that helps you towards your manifestations?
3/29 Mercury/Venus: Clever and playful, accent on loving communication and sensitivities.
3/29Sun/Pluto : thank god for the mercury/venus aspect because the Sun/Pluto makes it a bitch of a day. (see above) Power versus freedom. Yuck.
First Quarter Moon
March 30 3:40pm
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take now that support your family? What actions can you take now that improve your home? What are your feelings telling you and how can you harness those emotions to build towards the goals you planted on new moon?
4/1: Venus enters Gemini for four months!
April 3 8:25am
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
Focus on: What are you almost forgetting that speaks to your self-worth? How are you supporting your self-esteem? How does ego hurt you? Had you forgotten that Ego can do that?
4/4: Mercury turns direct at 6:11am and not a minute too soon. Yippee skippy.
4/5: Venus/Neptune: Illusion, fuzzy things over money and other resources.
Full Moon Phase
April 6 3:18pm
17 Libra 23
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: How are you balancing the need to take care of you versus the need to take care of your relationships? Do you sacrifice one for the other? Why?
And if you are doing those sacrifices how will that impact the goals you set for the year on New Moon? What do you have on your Treasure Map that speaks to relationships? Are your actions in synch with those goals?
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
4/7: Venus/Mars: Love versus battles or love of battles. Fly low and avoid the radar.
4/7 Happy Passover
4/8 Happy Easter
Disseminating Moon Phase
March 9 8:12pm EDT
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your knowledge? How are you sharing your prejudices? Or how are you sharing your ability to bridge ‘foreign people, places or things?” Where is your spirituality? Where is your religion? How are you like a rabbi, priest or other advisor?
4/10: Pluto retrograde for more info (see above) and check out Lynn Koiner’s write up: http://www.lynnkoiner.com/astrology-articles/pluto-retrograde
Last Quarter Moon Phase
April 13th 6: 49 am
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that speak to your place out in the greater world? What do you have on your treasure map that needs you moving out there? Where are you putting yourself out in front of the public? What can you do that tells the world, “I’m here and I count and I have something to offer?”
4/13 Mars turns direct. Fine tuning our daily actions to match our long term goals.
4/15: Sun/Saturn: We shake out where we have not been serving ourselves but instead serving our partners or we shake out where we have not been serving partners but instead serving self.
4/16: Mercury enters Aries check out stellar days http://www.stellardays.com/PlacementChanges.aspx?Planet=ALL&EventID=1794&MoveTo=5/8/2012
Balsamic Moon Phase
March 18, 1:06pm
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
We release our martyrdom. We release our need to be spiritually pure. We release our guilt. We release our fears. We release our fuzzy factor. We release our victim-ness.
4/19: Sun enters Taurus. Make sure your gift for Taurus is big, luxurious and thoughtful.
April 21 3:18am EDT Taurus NEW MOON---
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook