New Moon Articles by Tracy
Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
LIBRA NEW MOON 2011
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is when the moon is between the sun and the earth and the illuminated part of the moon is very small. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a small, skinny section of moon.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the different phases of the moon for eons, Astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? How do you relate? Are you confident it is the best style for the new you? Or the evolving you? Or did you decide this is you no matter what and you are not changing? Think again.
September 27, 2011 7:08am
4 Libra 00
LIBRA 5°: A MAN REVEALING TO HIS STUDENTS THE FOUNDATION OF AN INNER KNOWLEDGE UPON WHICH A "NEW WORLD" COULD BE BUILT. KEYNOTE: The necessity for the youthful spirits to learn from a Teacher who through his long experience has been able to reach solid and illuminating truths, i.e. "seed ideas."
An old saying is just as valid today as ever: When the pupil is
This is the last stage of the thirty-seventh five-fold sequence and it marks the culmination of the four preceding stages. What is evoked by the symbol is the essential, withal rather mysterious, process of TRANSMISSION. What is transmitted, if the situation is really adequate and understood (at least tentatively) by all participants, is not merely knowledge. It is actually "being-ness."
We are put on notice that all Libra New Moons between 2008 and 2023 and in particular between 2011 and 2017 could be under tremendous stress. With Pluto in Capricorn (till 2023) and Uranus in Aries (till 2017) the Libra New Moons have a potential to both square Pluto and Oppose Uranus. I say potential because NOT every Libra new moon will make aspects to Pluto/Uranus. Some will be free and clear of the harshness. Yeah, that is great but it is not this New Moon. Nope, this new moon is smack in the middle of the rough aspects. Yeesh. Wasn’t the Cancer New Moon rough enough? Sigh. Apparently not.
Libra is the opposite of Aries. In Aries we are (rightfully) concerned with self. That is why we build our treasure maps on Aries moon because we are focused on number one. Now at Libra we are halfway through the zodiac and ready to focus on relationships. Our marriages and partnership are all in view. How are they looking?
Libra seeks balance and relishes negotiation. If someone says ‘black’ and another says, ‘white,’ Libra will look for the ‘grey’. God bless Libra, they are always trying to find the equilibrium in a very agitated world. And above all they spend a great deal of their time focused on equality and it is usually Libra who says, “That’s not fair.”
Pluto in Capricorn while squaring Uranus in Aries continues to put pressure on our commerce and government. Banks and stock markets continue to crack, businesses deflate and money tightens. We’ve been slogging through this since 2008 and are perhaps getting numb to the mess. But on this Libra cycle may see cracks and fissures in our marriages and partnerships. Things may not feel fair or balanced. How much do our relationships have to bend and sway to the powers greater than it? It is hard on all of us. How do we take it out on others? And also with this Libra cycle we may learn on many levels that cooperation is good economics.
Then there is Uranus in Aries who wants to disconnect from any yoke and run off wildly into new horizons and break new ground as we reinvent ourselves. This too will impact us, “How can I seek new ground while maintain my marriage?” “Why are my relationships bugging me?” And if you are thinking, “Hey, I’m not married I guess I get the all-clear this month.” You would be wise to remember you are in relationship. Plenty of them. The relationship with your house, the relationship with your friends, the relationship with your body, the relationship with your money, the relationship with your family. Quite simply: How you ‘relate’ is put on notice. Are you the controller? Are you the victim? Are you impotent? Are you forceful? Are you the cheerleader? Are you detached? Do these approaches serve you? Perhaps the answer is yes, perhaps it is no, but all us will be challenged for 28 days and by the end of the cycle we may decide to change many of our approaches.
Mercury, Mercury, pants on fire.
Smarty pants Mercury in Libra is on top of the sun and the moon focusing our thoughts and clarifying our communication. But while Mercury is clever and a good talker he too is also is making a square with Pluto and opposing Uranus. Must every planet be getting into with Pluto and Uranus? So, Mercury too will be stressing us out by pointing out the weakest part of how we ‘relate’. Once again, how are our relating roles working for us? Also, when Libra excels it is a brilliant negotiator. But when Libra is lame it is completely superficial. More worried about how things look than exposing what is broken. Uranus shakes things up like an earthquake. It comes out of nowhere and everyone feels it. In aspect with Mercury it shakes up our thinking. Libra may try to hide the broken stuff this month but Uranus and Pluto won’t let him get away with it. And although, Mercury is quick and clever he also is not above a little lie or two. Given the pressure he feels from Uranus and Pluto there may be lies spewing around us. Actually, maybe they are coming out of our mouths? Heaven forbid. Anyway, when trouble does come up, the best answer would be to assess the problem, talk about it and use logic (Mercury) to fix it.
Of course these tough aspects with Uranus and Pluto are not just personal they are also global and we’ll surely see some rancor in the news that will point out major inequities. In particular, we may want to have our anti bully radar switch on. It could get bumpy. Also Uranus rules technology and with this kind of tension there could be some big ass technological failures.
As we know the Universe likes to keep things sporting and in this case Mars is our sporting element. Mars makes a terrific aspect with the sun and the moon which will invigorate us even on days when we feel low. We will want to follow our passion and our love to a fruitful result. And it is funny how you can’t get depressed when you are busy doing something you love. At the same time there may be ego flare ups as Mars in Leo is also squaring Jupiter in Taurus. This could bring out tough days on the world stock indices with huge peaks and valleys. And the aspect could bring a righteous fervor (Jupiter) in those who think they have all the answers. Which reminds me of that saying if you find Buddha in the middle of the road---shoot him. Buddha would never say he was Buddha. Anyway, for twenty eight days, egos could be loud and resources stretched. But the good news is that Mars that both aspects, both good and harsh will have us fighting and that will keep us from getting down. Our fighting spirit will keep us moving!
Saturn and Venus
Coloring the lunar cycle further is Venus on Saturn which will put the value on structure and responsibility and make sure our love, creativity and values are sensible. It is important to remember that Libra is ruled by Venus and here we have one of the most serious planets in our zodiac on top of Venus the ruling planet on the Libra New Moon. Ya think that’s an accident? Nope, neither do I. We are not in a frivolous mood. We love with a purpose. We want to be serious about our resources and our money. We want to be serious about our creativity. We don’t want to do things just for fun, we want them to make sense. One thing that I find very interesting is that Saturn has one more year in Libra and we have been talking about Saturn’s trip through Libra for over a year and how the energy is out there for us to assess any flaws in our partnerships and relationships. And now on this Libra New Moon, Saturn is on top of Venus also says, “Fix our relationships”. Then when you add that tensions from Pluto and Uranus, it is ‘fix our relationships ---or die trying.’ And once again, remember we are ALL in relationships. So, again ask yourself how do you choose to relate?
Perky Pluto & Jupiter
While Jupiter is retrograding we are building to a trine with Pluto which puts a positive emphasis on overhaul of values, resources, buildings, businesses and economy both personally and globally. Even though the aspect is exact at the end of October (and again next March) we are already getting its positive influence. It is curious that on this New Moon Greece is on the razor’s edge of default. This may sting Europe and probably the US but maybe there is a resurrection at the end that makes us realize the pain was worth it? I dunno, just sayin’. And how about us personally? Can you see an area where it would be worth cutting any loses, plant new seeds and get a new path going? It may come more into focus between now and the end of the Scorpio cycle.
I’m sure you could tell that this is not an easy 28 day lunar cycle. It will definitely have some of us reaching for ointments and creams like a boxer after the 9th round. And I’m sure those people who have planets at early cardinal signs (2-7 degrees) don’t even need these reports to tell them the obvious that they are in tough period. However, nothing is so great that we can’t get through it. I was watching a program on glass blowing the other days and I know this is also true with other arts and crafts that involve heat or pressure, if you get rid of the impurities the item is always stronger. Consider this lunar cycle a period where we learn about some impurities and we burn them out so we’ll be stronger and perhaps more beautiful both on the inner and outer ---How perfectly Libra!
LIBRA NEW MOON
New Moon Phase
September 27 7:08am
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: How do you cooperate? How to balance your life? How do you relate? What seeds can you plant that improve all areas of ‘relating’? Is it time for a change? What do you need to do differently that takes your relationships to the next level?
9/28: Sun/Pluto : At battle: relationships versus responsibility and no one is giving up any ground.
9/28: Mercury/Pluto: Thought and intellect battle the need for power.
9/28: Sun/Mercury: Sharp thinking seeks balance into relationships.
9/29:Mercury/Mars: Quick positive thinking begets quick positive actions
9/29: Venus/Saturn: Love, money, creativity, values meets responsibility and timing and prudence.
9/30:Sun/Mars: Inspired and enthusiasm encourages bold actions. Fruitful results.
Crescent Moon Phase
September 30 11:42am
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What information are you getting that speaks to your sex drive? How are your taxes? How are your funds and resources that are co-mingled with others? What has got your attention that can help those areas? What needs to be cut out in order to bring in new growth? What information are you getting that speaks to rebirth? Not necessarily reincarnation but rebirth in areas of your life?
10/1: Sun/Jupiter: Watch the opinions. Small losses over big theories.
10/3: Mars/Jupiter: Rough and tumble aspect that pits big actions that are ego driven versus desire to control and hold on to status quo. Both are wrong and both are right.
First Quarter Moon
October 3, 11:15pm EDT
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: A terrific phase to act like a CEO and get some crap accomplished! What did you learn about your ability (or lack of it) to negotiate on New Moon? Now, is the time to make some moves that improve your skills. This phase is “the buck stops here.” What have you been passing on that you can no longer pass on? It must stop now with you----and you know it. You will come off this empowered in your own abilities.
10/6:Mercury/Saturn: Great focus and attention. Accent on relating is high and structured, perfect timing especially in terms of communication.
10/7: Venus/Neptune: Dreamy, loving and muted creativity.
October 7, 7:48pm EDT
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
Focus on: Have we forgotten our friends? What pressure have you put on your spouse or your partner because you have asked them to fill a void that really should be filled with your tribe of like minded individuals? Or what pressure has been put on your partnerships because you have lost sight of your goals? Take three days to get off your partner and get on your tribe.
10/9: Venus enters Scorpio http://astrology.about.com/od/venus/p/VenusScorpio.htm
Full Moon Phase
October 10 11:05pm
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Do you know what a world looks like without leadership? It is not pretty. Where do you need leadership? How would your partnership benefit by you stepping up and leading? Or if you have always been the leader how would your relationship benefit by you giving up the reins and letting your partner lead?
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
10/12: Mercury/Neptune: Inspired conversation, thoughts about resources, vague hints
10/13: Mercury enters Scorpio
10/13:Venus/Pluto: Resources and practical application of them. Money/Love power in both.
10/13:Sun/Saturn: Responsible in relationships/partnerships. Everyone has to “man up”.
10/14: Venus/Jupiter: Tension in resources. Spending is high, money feels low. Accent on sex and properties.
Disseminating Moon Phase
October 16 1:16am
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How can you lighten up? Who is sharing information with you that brings out your fun side? How you can you make others lighten up? How can you share the stuff you have learned and know really well with others but do it so it is fun and light? Where is a teacher for you that makes you laugh?
10/16: Mercury/Pluto: Decisive thinking, powerful logic, reformed, resurrection reasoning.
10/17: Mercury/Jupiter: Extreme thoughts & opinions. Resources and properties accented.
Last Quarter Moon Phase
October 19, 11:30pm
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
Focus on: What actions can you take that are directly connected to your feelings? What is your gut telling you to do? How would this improve all your relationships? How are your roots? Are they shallow or are they strong? What are they telling you to do?
10/21: Sun/Neptune: Inspired, gentle enthusiasm, enlightened and compassionate goals.
Balsamic Moon Phase
October 23 , 11:23am
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
What crazy thinking that has you worried can you release? What does it look like when you let go of micromanaging? Or hypochondria? How can you release perfection? And let go of guilt that you could have done something better?
10/23: Sun enters Scorpio --Call your Scorpio friend and say, “We’re going to the spa” treat them to the whole works..and yourself but make sure you can talk in the spa. They will cherish the cozy you provide. They need it and so do you. They share intimacies that make you share yours.
10/26: Mars/Saturn: Actions that are structured and galvanized. Cut and building up at the same time.
October 26 Scorpio New Moon 3:55pm EDT
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon (2017) : Act Like a Plumber!!
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Get Your Plumbers Butt On!
- scorpio New Moon: Get your Plumbers Butt on!
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook