New Moon Articles by Tracy
Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
Libra New Moon 2013
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 28-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? What is out of balance? And what are you going to do about it?
LIBRA NEW MOON
October 4 2013
11 Libra 57
11-12 degree of Libra
Miners Are Surfacing From A Deep Coal Mine
Libra New Moon
October 4 2013
11 Libra 57
LIBRA New Moon
The 8 phases
The crux of every new moon report is the chart. We take the time and date of the new moon and draft a chart. Based on that chart and based on the aspects that unfold during the next month we can see the influences for the 28-day cycle.
The chart for this Libra New Moon is skanky. I am the person who can find the silver lining in any chart and there are some here but seriously, it is kind of a skanky.
The Sun and the Moon in Libra are in square to Pluto in Capricorn. And the Sun and Moon are in opposition to Uranus in Aries. And the Sun and the Moon are in square to Jupiter. Later in the Month, the Sun will move to an exact square with Jupiter. Later in the month Mercury will go retrograde and of course on November 1 Uranus will square Pluto for the fourth time since 2012.
As we know squares are tough. This is where we feel frozen, blocked or at the very least blind-sided. We have been dealing with Uranus square Pluto since 2012 and will continue to slog through three more squares until 2015.
Oppositions may not blindside us but they are challenging. With the square it is like getting broadsided with an opposition it is like a bull fighting a matador. The tension is great but it is in front of you. When all of them are in play it is a ‘grand cross.’ And despite the expression, it is not so ‘grand’. Well, actually that is not true, what we learn during these experiences can be grand. Like an addict finally bottoming out, it gets us on the right path.
Last month I laid out a very detailed report about the outer planet influences since 2008 when Pluto went into Capricorn. My reason for putting it out there was because I wanted you to look at your life for the last five years see how you moved on issues (or didn’t) and see how you could make adjustments so you don’t repeat yourself. In short I want you to make the most of the tensions presented by the planets. And with this rather tense 28 day lunar cycle I want you to make the most of it as well.
With a new moon in Libra we are focused on relating, relationships and balance. So look around you. How are your relationships? How are you relating? And how in balance is your life? Where are you out of balance? What is missing? Where do you have too much of something? Where do you not have enough of something? The squares and oppositions in this cycle are bringing out the part(s) that are NOT working, for sure. So, let’s take a look at it. And yes, the guy or gal in your life that is pushing all your buttons is:
…. I could go on but it doesn’t matter-- you fill in the blank.
Now—what are you going to do about it? You can’t change that person whom you are in relationship and it is not just your husband/wife whom you are relating—it is your boss, your co-worker, your sister/brother, you children, your mother, your father, your neighbor, your friend……but again I ask, “What are you going to do about it since you can’t change any of them?”
This is not my first rodeo, and I know a few things and I can tell you that the only thing you can change is how YOU RESPOND. Only you can change your reaction. AND you can also remove yourself from these relationships, lick your wounds and make changes so that you are not in this situation again. Or you can be a jerk and stay in the same patterns and complain, cry, bitch, yell whatever it is you do when you would rather stay stuck or stay “right” then change.
Now that we agree that yes, those people are Crazy Town and there’s nothing we can do to change them, let’s take this 28 days and respond differently. Or we can just put on our Teflon suit and be in crisis management the entire 28 days. I think you know what I want for you guys.
With the squares to Jupiter in Cancer; issues around emotions are stressful. And issues around family are stressful. What is going on with family? What is going on with your emotions? Where are you being righteous? This tension between Sun/Moon in Libra with Jupiter is making everyone a bit touchy. Watch the insults. Meaning are you looking for insults? Are they really there or are you just feeling thin skinned? And even if someone is deliberately trying to insult you---Watch your reaction. And where are you being deliberate with insults? Here’s the deal, people who are even-tempered and precise, will be able to execute some real changes during this period. Real leaders will emerge who make real moves of change.
Uranus in Aries will go down as the decade of Anger Management. What is your anger telling you? And it is good to remember that under anger is sadness. Some people are more comfortable being angry and not comfortable being sad. Some people are more comfortable being sad and not comfortable being angry. If you are stuck in either role I would suggest mixing it up these 28 days. Or perhaps you are the ‘sad’ one and the other person is the ‘angry’ one. How are those roles working out for you? Again, mix it up these 28 days.
In this chart Mercury conjuncts Saturn (exact 10/8) which is clear-headed thinking. It is a very practical aspect. I would say it is a gift in this chart. No foolish thinking with this aspect. We begin the new Moon perhaps emotional but we can be sober and focus on what WE can do about our responses and environment without foolishly thinking we can change others or pretend things aren’t what they are.
Mercury will get on top of Saturn again on October 29 and then again on November 25. Do you think it is an accident that we are getting this influence of sober thinking several times around the halfway point of seven Uranus/Square Pluto aspects? It is almost like Spirit is goading us, “Seriously, what is your brain telling you about the changes you need to make?” We can use this energy to restructure mean weak areas of our life. And we’ll get help by Mercury going retrograde.
Mercury stations on October 21 (19 Scorpio) then turns direct on November 10th (3 Scorpio). The shadow starts October 1 and ends November 26. As I like to mention on every Mercury retrograde the shadow points are when we might have something come up, then it gets revisited during the retrograde. Finally one more visit after Mercury goes direct. And NO we don’t stop our life between shadow points that would be misguided. Instead during the three week (10/21 – 11/10) retro period we focus on the Scorpio Mercury energies. We look at things that empower us and things that drain us. We look at our plumbing. Yes, the pipes in our house and the pipes in our body but also the metaphysical plumbing. Who do we go to when we need our reserves replenished? Do we need more resources for our replenishment? Are the old regular places or people no longer satisfying? Remember Scorpio rules sex but it really is about co-mingling. In Libra we talk about relationships and partnership but in Scorpio we do the work. We get dirty and messy in scorpio, sex, going to the bank and getting a loan all of that can be clumsy and awkward but it is worth it. And what about our DNA? What logical conclusions can we make about our DNA? As I have said many years, especially around Scorpio who rules DNA, we are on this planet right now because our ancestors have given us a survival gene. Think about the plagues that ravaged all the continents, all of those lines of families wiped out because of one bite of one flea (Bubonic) or a pox. “A plague on both your houses” was not just a Shakespeare one liner, families disappeared in one fell swoop. But not your family, or my family or the families of the people all around us. What is your DNA saying to you during the retrograde? Watch your taxes? Watch the cheaters and the criminals during this retrograde. There will be something in the news that speaks of deceit. But also I would look for the stories that speak of the phoenix. Out of the ashes something will be reborn. Death and rebirth are the ultimate Mercury in Scorpio story and the retrograde will bring those stories to the forefront.
So, where are the speed bumps? As I mentioned the Sun will square Jupiter on 10/12. Which is harsh negotiations versus emotional hostage. Along with a lot of big ass opinions. Then of course 10/21 Mercury goes retrograde. On October 23 Mars, our favorite warrior will be slaying Jupiter the biggest mouth and opinionated SOB around. Watch the egos inflate like the Hindenburg and we know how that turned out. And finally on November 1 Uranus goes after Pluto-- the rebel versus the CEO and no one is giving up any territory. You have to look no farther than the United States Government, which at this time has been shut down since October 1st. THAT speaks to the times we are in with Uranus and Pluto. And we’re not done. Ask yourself, “Wow, am I that stubborn too?”
I think it is important to remember that Libra is the sign of negotiations. Take people who are as disparate, as night from day and a Libra will find the place in between. Libra will find the grey. Many people may find themselves taking other people’s point of view even if they can’t stand them because they can’t stand seeing the other side load up against them. But having said that we will also be clear there are some situations that just can’t be negotiated. By the end of this cycle we will know more about who is worth negotiating and who is not.
Luckily our next cycle is Scorpio where we can discard the yuck and be reborn.
See you in Scorpio!
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: Where are you negotiating? What is out of balance? What needs more energy? What needs to be cut off? How are we focusing all our time? How can we fix ourselves and leave the other people to their maker? How do we relate to people? Are we strong, weak, bold, soft, shy, dramatic, messy, crisp…how is it working for us? Is it time to change our approach?
10/6: Mercury Pluto: Concentrated thinking highlighted. We are all detectives, great deep conversation.
10/7:Venus enters Sag
Crescent Moon Phase
October 8 2013
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What information are you receiving that speaks to things that are ‘foreign’? What information are you receiving that speaks to education? Or speaks to traveling? What speaks to your philosophy? How do you need more international, educational, traveling and philosophical affairs to bring more balance?
10/8: Mercury/Saturn: Sarcasm rules. Harsh but productive thinking.
10/10:Venus/Neptune: delusional, muted energy around love, money and values.
First Quarter Moon
October 11 2013
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take that push you out in the world more? How do you find balance through your actions in the greater world? Family is great but it is not the whole magillah what are actions are you doing that push you out? How does the world see you? Is it in balance?
10/12: Sun/Jupiter: Exaggerations, ego flare-ups, bold, brash, emotional, partnership strains.
October 15 5:28a EDT
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What is going on with your spirituality? What have you been neglecting that speaks to faith? How do you allow woo-woo in your life? How are you processing the stuff that can’t be explained?
10/16: Venus/Uranus. Exciting changes in values and love. Creativity great. Money open to new energy.
Full Moon Phase
October 18, 2013
7:37 pm EDT
25 Aries 45
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
How do you find balance while not getting lost in someone else? How do you push yourself but not forget partners? How are you breaking new ground? How are you getting your individuality out there?
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
10/19: Mars/Neptune. Unworldly actions, abruptness that leaves a void, quiet versus strident actions.
10/21: Mercury retrograde until November 10th (see above)
7:52 am EDT
Disseminating Moon Phase
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: What are you sharing with others that speaks to your ability to connect? How do you connect? How do others share their ‘connectibility’?
10/23: Mars/Jupiter. Actions that are too big. Opinions that are too rushed.
10/25: Sun/Neptune. Inspired, gentle and intuition guidance.
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
How is you creativity in balance with your life? What actions are you taking that activate your creative, passionate and joyful side? Where is love in your life and how is it in balance?
10/29: Mercury/Saturn redo of 10/8. Sober strategic thinking and talking.
Balsamic Moon Phase
October 30, 6:51pm EDT
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release the need to exact. We release the need to be perfect. We release the need to be anal-retentive.
10/31: Mars/Neptune: Inspired, intuitive, gentle actions. Actions for greater good.
10/31: Mercury/Venus: Values are out of step with what is being said. Who is walking their talk? Who is not?
11/1: Uranus/Pluto: Round 4. (see above)
11/1: Mercury/Mars: Fun, inspired, dynamic creative actions.
SCORPIO NEW MOON NOVEMBER 3, 7:49AM
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook