New Moon Articles by Tracy
Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
Libra NEW MOON 2017
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? Remember we can negotiate any solution we need that will bring back balance. But you must pay attention beyond the shock and awe.
An airplane sails high in the bright clear sky
Libra New Moon
October 19, 2017
26 Libra 35
Welcome to Libra Lunar Cycle. We are halfway through the lunar year. First order of business: How much has manifested since March 27 when you launched your Treasure Map? Take a moment to look at your map. Honor any results that have appeared and remember we have six months for more manifestations. Is there any adjustment you can make now that will facilitate more movement? Is there help you need from a partner? Now in Libra would be a very good time to ask for one- on-one help.
I would like to make one point before continuing that with Libra there is a lot of discussion about partners. I ask that we not let the definition of partner be limited to husbands and wives. Yes, they are partners but they are not the beginning or end definition on partnerships. You may not have a spouse. You may not have a business partner. But you still have the partnership experience. Perhaps it is a good friend. Perhaps it is someone in your office you turn to for advice or assistance. Instead of focusing on a specific human (i.e. my husband, my wife, my business partner) focus on the act of ‘partnering’, the moment between you and another human. That moment speaks of Libra’s energy. I am married and have a husband but I also have friends at my son’s school where we are on various committees and where I also have a true partnership experience. We may do tasks together but really partnership is that moment or field between us-- When I say, “Can I ask you something?” That energy is Libra. I want to hear their thoughts, suggestions. I am open to it. That openness to input from another ---that is Libra.
At the Libra new moon, we have plowed through the first six signs of the zodiac and now we are on the opposite side of the zodiac. Libra is of course like a teeter-totter looking for that perfect balance. How to negotiate balance or peace or fairness is not always easy. But before you even get to the point of negotiating you need to know if something is out of balance. And this 29 cycle will provide some clear understanding where we need balance. Why? Because Uranus is up Libra’s grill.
On this new moon chart we have Uranus in Aries in opposition to the Sun and Moon. So, something will definitely get our attention. Uranus loves shock and awe. Will it be a person who is normally calm and cool losing their shit? Will it be something out of the blue that no one could have seen? Will it be just a new perspective brought in through an unusual situation? ‘Weird’ and ‘unusual’ are two words that we’ll say every day for 29 days. There is restlessness with the Uranus energy that will be felt all cycle. If you wake up one day and just really feel like getting into it with another person, perhaps you get quiet and ask what is the balance you really need? Is it this person who needs to change something? Maybe. Or maybe it is something deeper that needs to change? Libra, the second air sign, reminds us all to BREATHE. Take a breath, take a moment and if you still need to speak out, you will know you weighed it---Libra the scale of justice will be appreciative.
Many people are scared by the changes that Uranus can blow in but it is worth noting that we will also be experiencing the final Saturn trine Uranus in a fire sign this cycle. The first hit was on December 24 (2016) then May 19 and the final round will be November 11. Uranus is the dynamic ‘crazy’ planet with all kind of revolutionary ideas and expressions. Saturn is the hard working planet and knows the importance of tasks. Having these two planets work hand in hand is a gift. How interesting that the final hit between the two takes place in a lunar cycle where Uranus is opposing Sun & Moon. Uranus wants changes and knows Saturn will help him work towards those changes so he is gifting us this 29 day cycle by pointing out issues so we can create and build solutions that are in alignment with our beliefs (Sag) and new beginnings (Aries).
Back to New Moon chart, the sun and moon are not alone they have some planetary close neighbors. And our brains will be turned ON this 29 cycle since Mercury is in the front position at 3 degrees Scorpio. We have Jupiter at 2 degrees Scorpio and then the Sun & Moon at 27 Libra. Mercury in Scorpio is the antenna out there in the Universe picking up signals that speak to deep issues. Conversations could be heavy but with Jupiter right next to Mercury there will be a focus on logistics towards solutions. The answer is usually found by pushing the elevator button and going down to basement and coming up with strategies. This is tricky because Libra is usually more comfortable higher up. Where the air flows. Mercury & Jupiter will be yokes on Libra’s lighter nature asking her to find balance in areas she has not wanted to look. For 29 days we should not be surprised if weirdness takes us to something heavy but the intimacy and the depth of our communication is very satisfying. Airy fairy feels off. Going for the deeper and bringing a light touch to the heavy—is the elegant approach—how perfectly Libra.
Then there is Jupiter who is also in Scorpio right next to the sun and the moon in Libra. What makes it curious is that we spent the last year experiencing Jupiter in Libra seeking balance and fairness and justness; which may have been needed or maybe it was a perceived need. We were weighing in a lot about being fair. Now that Jupiter has moved out of Libra (October 10th) he’s not just talking about stuff, he is committing. Jupiter will be in Scorpio for a year and he is taking a deep dive into power, death & rebirth (sex and loans and taxes as well). Jupiter is a big planet and Scorpio is an intense sign and they are right there keeping Libra from her shallow nature. When Libra misbehaves it can be very lazy and not want to do anything, especially if it is harsh. When it is an uncomfortable choice, Libra can be in a place of stasis before committing. Where Libra can be superficial and light and avoid conflict at all turns, Jupiter will be nudging her as if to say, “Really? You think you can pretend this away?” Jupiter in Scorpio is deepening the Libra experience this 29-day cycle.
In conclusion, enjoy these 29 days. They will feel different than the last six lunar cycles. Watch what weird thing comes up and how you communicate with others on deep topics. Watch how you find yourself committing to something that seems so odd. And also recognize where you need balance and go for it.
See you in Scorpio
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
Libra New Moon
26 Libra 35
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: Where do you need balance? Where do you need to commit? What are partners sharing with you? Where do you need more of the partnership experience? How can you commit and negotiate some solutions that will bring you more balance?
10/22: Mars enters Libra
10/22: Sun enters Scorpio
Crescent Moon Phase
October 23, 2017
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about other cultures? What are you learning about righteousness? What are you learning about being a “bridge”? What are you learning about education? What are you learning about your philosophies?
10/24: Mercury trine Neptune: High Intuition, inspired thoughts, delightful conversations also a bit fuzzy.
10/26: Sun conjunct Jupiter: Opinions extreme. Power trips. Harsh black and white. No grey.
First Quarter Moon
October 27, 2017
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that speak to groups? What actions are you taking that join you with your tribe? Where is your tribe and how are you actively engaging them? Where are you like minded peeps? How are you connecting up with them?
10/27: Venus square Pluto: Money and Love wound up tight. What needs to be transformed? Both? Shallow versus committed. Light various hard work.
October 31, 2017
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
How are you refining you faith? How are you refining your inner mysticism? How are you refining your ‘victimness’? How are you refining your creative muses?
11/3: Sun trine Neptune. Mysticism wakes up. Faith is coaxed out. Spirituality inspired.
11/3: Venus oppose Uranus: Love is unique. Creativity and money and values are shaken up. Rebel learns the value of softeness.
Full Moon Phase
November 4, 2017 EDT
2:22 am EDT
11 Taurus 58
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Full Moon in Taurus. What are your values? How is money in your life? How are your possessions? How are you properties? How are you building something up from the ground bit by bit? How is your patience? What do you look like when you keep your head down and just get through it?
Go to blog for full moon report.
11/05: Mercury enters Sag
11/07: Venus enters Scorpio
Nov 7 2017
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your emotions? How are you sharing your family focus? How are you sharing your protectiveness? How are you sharing the power of a hard shell? How are you snapping? How are you cozy?
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions are you taking that stoke your pride? What actions are you taking that speak to your heart? What actions are you taking that are dramatic? How are you learning the power of theater? What’s going on with your ego?
11/11 Saturn trine Uranus: Discipline begets breakthroughs novelty meets hard work. Enthusiasm and New Beginnings.
11/13: Venus conjunct Jupiter: Love & Money expands. Bridging to money and loving.
11/13: Mercury/Neptune: Tricky conversation that might not be accurate. Stupid bragging rubs people wrong.
Balsamic Moon Phase
November 14, 2017
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on How are we releasing our wishy washy? How are we releasing our co-dependency? How are we releasing our lazy? How are we releasing the celebration of the partner at the loss of ourselves?
November 18, 2017 26 Scorpio 19 6:42am EST
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon (2017) : Act Like a Plumber!!
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Get Your Plumbers Butt On!
- scorpio New Moon: Get your Plumbers Butt on!
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook