New Moon Articles by Tracy
Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
Pisces New Moon 2013
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 28 day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? For just one month don’t get so wound up about stuff. This is the cycle to be proud that you found your zen. Yeah, you don’t have to tell anyone, it can be your secret between you and your maker.
March 11, 2013
3:51 pm EDT
21 Pisces 24
22 degrees Pisces
Sabian Symbol:. A Prophet Carrying Tablets Of The New Law Is Walking Down The Slopes Of Mount Sinai
Sabian Symbol: http://www.amazon.com/Sabian-Symbols-Astrology-Symbol-Explained/dp/094335840X
Pisces New Moon
The Pisces New Moon is the last new moon of the astrological year and this is the cycle where the stuff that can’t be explained likes to hide. Pisces is a water sign, the last water sign and it resonates with things that are emotional and sensitive but again not easy to explain. In order to best understand this cycle these are the questions you should consider:
What makes us mystical?
What makes us spiritual?
What makes us psychic?
What makes us addictive?
What makes us artistic?
What makes us humanitarian?
What makes us victims?
What makes us martyrs?
What makes us hide?
What makes us intuitive?
What makes us drink?
What makes us pray?
What makes us dream?
What makes us visionary?
What makes us confused?
What makes us dishonest?
What makes us deny?
What makes us tranquil?
What makes our zen?
What makes us flow?
Quite a list, isn’t it?
Of course the answers to each question is as different as the person answering them. And some answers may change over time or vary depending on the situation. Why is someone an alcoholic? Go to an AA meeting and you’ll hear a different answer from every speaker. Why is someone a victim? Ask their family and they’ll give you a ton of thoughts on why their brother/sister/father/mother etc is always a victim. Then ask the victim and that will be entirely different answer. Why is someone in denial? Why is someone full of deceit? Why do painters paint? Why do dancers dance? Why do monks pray? Why do singers sing? The answer to all of these Piscean questions is: “Who knows?” Or perhaps the answer is “God only knows why” And that is the conundrum --is it a “Who” or is it “God?” Or does it even matter?
Let’s look at the symbols for Pisces for more clarity.
Pisces is the sign of two fish, one swims face forwards and the other swims backwards. Or at least it looks that way. The truth is that they are both heading where they want to head even if at times it looks sloppy and messy. The fish are guided by something deep inside them that can’t always be explained. Like salmon who have spent years out in the ocean, the fish will find their way back to the very cove, river, stream where they were spawned. As they swim they know that their inner compass is guiding them and they follow that flow. In truth they are trusting. This is Pisces at their highest ideal following their truth and flowing.
When Pisces is struggling it feels lost and not trusting its inner compass. It covers that lack of trust with too much booze, too much religion, too much denial, too much magical thinking, too much misguided love, too much artist pain, too much deliberate blindness and too much “I couldn’t help it”. When Pisces is a wreck, they are probably the biggest wrecks around. And sadly what makes the Pisces wreck so painful is that Pisces has a powerful heart that is bigger than loving just family and partners, their heart is connected to the world. They understand in their hearts the powerfulness of performing acts of kindness. They understand the virtue in counting their blessings and exercising altruism. They can be great healers, all they have to do is get out of their small self-doubting ways.
On this New Moon we have quite a stellium in Pisces. Neptune, Mercury, Chiron are situated next to each other in the early degrees of Pisces while Venus, Sun, Moon and Mars are in the last degrees of Pisces. That is a lot of Pisces.
Do you think God, Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, Yahweh and the like want us to get our Pisces on? Yep. I do as well.
Six planets along with Chiron (not a planet but still an influence) in one sign on the new moon is quite profound. For twenty eight days we will be processing the essence (Sun) of Pisces, the emotions (Moon) of Pisces, the energy (Mars) of Pisces along with the mentality (Mercury) of Pisces, the faith (Neptune) of Pisces and our inability to stop ourselves from making the same mistake over and over again (Chiron) in Pisces.
The best move for everyone to make this cycle is to find and follow his or her flow. We need to be like the fish and move without self -doubt. We also need to be willing to change our plans, change our emotions, change our visions, just change in a moment’s time. If you have ever been caught in a rip tide you know it makes no sense to fight it, you need to swim along it and then bit by bit turn your body until eventually you get out of it. We need to be dexterous. Pisces is a mutable sign and all the mutable signs can turn on a dime. Turning and twisting repositioning ourselves is part of the flow. I would advise everyone not to get too focused on how they see the day unfolding. The day will unfold but not probably as you predict. You can get worked up about it but then you won’t be learning the lesson of Pisces flow.
I am positive there will be some major victims in the news and also some major humanitarian stories. Kindness of strangers will be pronounced. And of course because it is Pisces let’s not forget those how are mentally unstable. We should prepare (if you can) for stories from those who are simply not wired correctly to make the news.
Mercury turns direct
One thing that will help with all of our compasses is Mercury turning direct on March 17th. It will have concluded three weeks of being retrograde in Pisces a few days after the new moon and probably just in time. What have we learned about our confusion (great stuck Pisces word)? What have we learned about feeling powerless? But more to the point of a Mercury retrograde in Pisces, what have we learned about flow and changing plans? I must say I have enjoyed some of this Mercury retrograde. A cancellation by one person is an opportunity to use that time to do something else with another person or spend the time doing my own pursuit. I didn’t throw a scene or get worked up I just flowed and trusted. Spend time when Mercury turns direct and consider your own twists and turns and how you went with the flow for the last three weeks. Globally it will be interesting to see what happens in Washington DC after Mercury turns direct. God knows that has not been flowing so well.
Mars, Uranus and Pluto—Warriors at heart
A few days into New Moon, Mars will move out of Pisces and into Aries. Mars loves Aries. This is his home sign and as soon as he gets in there it will be like a Ferrari getting super octane fuel. Expect speed to happen quickly. Something in the news will happen fast. Something will go from zero to one hundred in a milli-second. Strengthening this turbo effect is that the very first planet Mars gets into it with is Uranus. Uranus is of course in Aries where it will be for several more years so periodically the warrior planet gets on top of the revolutionary planet which will be the case on March 22. The last time we had this was in April of 2011. Consider what was going on with you at that time and see if anything comes up that feels similar. Globally, there could be some world leader who does something highly provocative, perhaps war like. Adding to this aggressive energy is on March 26, Mars makes a square with Pluto. Mars does not like balls and chains and in Aries he likes it even less, watch the news for stories of someone pushing back on those they think are holding them down. Some status quo will be wildly challenged.
Preparing for Treasure Map
We are in the final lunar cycle of the astrological year so that means we are in the final month of our 2012 Treasure Map. Have you looked at your map lately? Have your goals and visions that you set last year been realized? Do not be surprised if some still come through in these final weeks. And if they don’t do not lose hope. This is the cycle we let go of expectations. Remember we are finding our flow, we should not be holding on to anything too hard. And by letting go and getting our flow it will prepare us to be ready for a new map which we will begin making on the next new moon which will be in Aries on April 10th.
I don’t believe in accidents or coincidences. And during this 28 days cycle neither should you. We have got a lot of tension between Uranus and Pluto. They are going to be digging in with each other in late spring and whenever they do they put a lot of pressure on us to find a new way. We know we need breakthroughs and changes in our personal lives and in the greater world. For many of us that begins right now in the Pisces cycle where learn to find our flow. Where we learn to find our humanitarian nature and find peace in our hearts. And we have to dream about what we want. And yes it is okay to dream but the best way to dream is to learn to flow.
I’ll be flowing over here, too!
The 8 phases
New Moon Phase
March 11 --3:51pm EDT
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: Finding your humanitarian nature and being at one with the cosmos. We are not just floatsum and jetsom and then when we die we turn into sulpher. We are here for a greater purpose. But you cannot know your greater purpose until you tune into the universe. Plants seeds that help you find your flow.
3/12 Mars enters Aries http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/marsinsigns.html
Crescent Moon Phase
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What information are you receiving that speaks to practicality? What are you learning that helps you be loyal, diligent and to things bit by bit to get stuff done? What information are you leaning that speaks to your money, investments and properties? And what are you learning right now through your money, hard work and being practical that speaks to your dreams and visions?
3/17: Mercury turns direct. 4:02pm –Phew glad that is over!
First Quarter Moon
March 19 1:26pm EDT
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that speak to your dreams. Literally are you speaking them? How are you connecting with others that are living the dreams you want or can support your dreams? How quick are you to move to the left or move to the right in order to realize your dreams? Who is walking in your life?
3/20 Sun moves into Aries. Go the gym or do something physical with you Aries friends for their birthday.
3/20 First day of Spring
3/21: Venus enters Aries http://www.cafeastrology.com/venusinsigns.html
3/22: Mars/Uranus Energy that breaks through, argumentative, yes but accent on breaking out
March 23 1:55pm EDT
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What are you figuring out that speaks to your courage? How are you picking out the details in your dreams and visions? How are you brave about your dreams and vision? How is your heart feeling alive when you process what it looks like to realize your dreams.
3/26: Mars/Jupiter: Actions that bridge worlds together. Things that seem ‘foreign’ are appealing and helpful. Perhaps you are the foreign one helping?
3/26; Mars/Pluto: Yuck. Rough, A huge bully aspect. Why the anger? Because some want change now and others want it bit by it. Something is wrong and fixing it seems hard.
Full Moon Phase
March 27 5:27am EDT
6 Libra 52
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: How are you balancing your relationships? What do your partnerships look like? How do your partnerships work to support or not support your dreams and visions? And how do you define relationships or partnerships? Do you think it is only spouses or the like? Why? By a limited vision of partnerships are you missing out your dreams and goals?
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
3/28: Mercury/Saturn: Good thinking and planning. Organizing thoughts in a constructive way that has long range results.
3/28: Sun/Venus: Soft and fuzzy, gentle, humanitarian caring
3/28: Venu/Uranus: Stretching money and resources that support breaking out
3/29: Mercury/Jupiter: Everyone has a big mouth. Big opinions probably not helpful.
3/29: Mercury/Pluto: Great researching, poking under rocks getting to the bottom of suff
March 30 3:15pm EDT
Disseminating Moon Phase
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your power? How are you helping to empower others? By empowering others and sharing your power how are you building upon your dreams and visions?
3/31: Venus/Pluto: Over spending, over loving, too much love of power
3/31: Venus/Jupiter: Creativity and abundance, bridging to others
3/31: Sun/Pluto: Rough. Impatient with intransient ways and thoughts.
4/1: Sun/Jupiter: shiny bright and exciting energy. Accent on things that make the heart sore.
Last Quarter Moon Phase
April 3 12:36am EDT
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
Focus on: What actions can you take put you out in the world? How are your actions Executive in nature? And by being out in the world how are you supporting your dreams and vision?
4/7 Venus/Mars: Resources deserve actions. Capitalizing on what you have to build more. Love and actions go hand in hand.
Balsamic Moon Phase
April 6 12:36pm EDT
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our victimness, we release our depression, we release our sad. We release any broken dreams. We release so we can prepare for the new moon in aries. And remember new moon in Aries is Treasure Map Moon. Release big time so you can build a beautiful Treasure Map.
ARIES NEW MOON APRIL 10 5:35am EDT NEW MOON
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook