New Moon Articles by Tracy
Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
Aquarius NEW MOON 2016
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? High school is over. Stop being too cool for school. Stop hiding your weirdness or your brilliance. Find your inner weird kid, inner geek and go join the other weird kids at their lunch table.
A Large White Dove Bearing A Message
Aquarius New Moon
19 Aquarius 15
Aquarius New Moon
When was the last time you celebrated being weird or odd? When was the last time you felt electricity running through you? When was the last time you had a light bulb go off ? When was the last time you gathered with others for a communal effort? It has been awhile. You know it and I know it.
Inside everyone is a genius. I’m not saying that everything you do or say is brilliant. But occasionally you get something so right it is genius. What is THAT impulse? In everyone there is an activist. I’m not saying you spend every day walking into a crowd shouting, “Union, union” but there are times when you know something is so wrong that you join with others to push on the status quo. What is THAT impulse? In everyone is a great friend. I’m not saying that you bend over backwards every day of the week for a compatriot but there are times when you know you need to have a laugh, a drink, a cry, a connection with a good friend. What is THAT impulse?
Yes, welcome to Aquarius.
During the Aquarius twenty-nine day cycle we explore these impulses. But let’s own it right now….these impulses cannot be easily explained. Seriously, how do you explain brilliance? Or what activates a person to take up a cause? Or how do you explain friendship? Ask a person to explain why they want love or money and you’ll get an easy answer. Ask a person to explain why someone wants to be big shot and you will bump into an ego answer pretty fast. And sure it is not too hard to explain why someone chooses empowerment or sex. But how do you explain the human spirit when it pursues friendship, genius, brilliance and activism? How do you explain being weird? How do you explain that electrical energy you feel when you meet someone who is not a lover but they just effin’ get some part of you? That, my friends, is Aquarius.
Aquarius is the final air sign of the zodiac. In Gemini, the first air sign, we are busy communicating with our neighbors, our siblings, enjoying gossip in papers and blogs. In Libra the air is loftier and we are talking to our partner and figuring ways to find balance and reciprocity. By the time we get to Aquarius, the air speaks to us in a universal manner. It is how we find our humanity. How do we connect with one another beyond the obvious? Sure, find your wife or husband and you know how to connect. Find your children and you know how to connect. Find your boss and you know how to connect. Find your minister or teacher and you know how to connect. But how do you connect with other humans on an unspoken tribal level? That is Aquarius.
Like the twelve-chakra system where the eleventh chakra is above the body, Aquarius sends out a beep to the universe and waits to see who beeps back.
In many ways the power of Aquarius is dismissed by people. “I don’t like groups” “Sure I have friends, but where am I going to meet my husband?!” “Yeah, I guess that idea I had was brilliant but who cares I want a new house.” It is easy to want the obvious like love, money etc. But let me tell you, your life would be WAY more difficult if everyone marginalized Aquarius. You would not be driving to the market, flying to Boston or surfing the INTERNET if people had not celebrated the weird ideas that brought us the car, plane and World Wide Web. And you sure as hell would not be reading this article on a computer if it were not for Aquarian energy. The people that made all of this so, all of them heard a beep and found their people. What beep are you hearing? Who are your people?
For this twenty-nine day lunar cycle I am going to ask you to not marginalize the Aquarian energy!
If you bump into a brilliant idea pursue it. And by the way many of you have issues in your life that need a brilliant solution so you might as well respond to your brilliant idea during Aquarius lunar cycle. And heaven knows everyone has stuff going on that needs to be vented to a friend. Not a lover but a friend. So, reach out and find that person. And for those of you who don’t think you need groups, you are blowing it big time. You are cutting off a valuable resource. If you have not experienced coming together with like-minded people you have ZERO idea what you are missing. When you and your neighbors put up flyers that there is someone breaking into cars, or help produce a yard sale for a charity or when you go to your local school and help clean the yard for Beautification Day, these are small acts but they replenish your soul and psyche. They remind you there is good in the world and you are part of it.
For twenty-nine days get out of your home, stop watching TV spewing dark and direness. (And yeah, TV is ruled by Aquarius). There is a lot wrong with the world for sure but if you are not out there being part of a solution on some small way –then you are part of the problem. And yes, sending a check to your favorite charity is nice but that is NOT the whole Aquarius picture. It is the actual gathering with others and sharing communal ideas, “I feel this way and you think the same” that is the Aquarius energy we are activating. Remember, Aquarius is the water bearer. People would gather at wells, springs and oasis to get their water supply and while they were together they would share the news. In ancient days the highlight of the week could be the trip to the watering hole. Not so much for the water but the shared moments with the other people.
And by the way, Aquarian tribal energy and community is a non- family energy. So many people use the family tribe as their community, which is fine on some levels but that is not Aquarius communal energy. Pursuing energy outside of family is what we are talking about. Remember the water bearer leaves the home goes out in the world and communicates with other people. That circle is wider than family.
This particular Aquarius New Moon has a nice aspect with Uranus which doubles down on our Aquarian energy since Uranus is the ruling planet. Weird and brilliant moments and thoughts will be pronounced and celebrated both personally and globally. Watch how the world responds to these moments and how you respond to them in your daily life. Please don’t ignore them.
And during the twenty-nine day cycle you should DEFINITELY be ready for stuff to come out of the blue. Like an Aquarian lightening bolt (Aquarius rules electricity) some of it might shake us up but a lot of it will get the dust off our bones and remind us we are ALIVE. And if you need help—Turn to others or your tribe or your group—Twelve Step groups, Weight watchers, Audubon Society, I don’t care what it is but find a group experience. You don’t have to do it forever but give it a shot during this twenty-nine day cycle.
Also on the new moon chart there is a square with Mars in Scorpio that will present some tension. Both Scorpio and Aquarius are fixed signs and can get very stubborn. Mars in Scorpio has a heat-seeking device for power and gets stubborn about giving up control. And Sun/Moon in Aquarius can get so stubborn about its ideals that it loses the very thing it should be cherishing namely the human spirit. “Are you a man or a machine?” That question has been asked of many stubborn Aquarius. We will see examples of the square in the world and our personal life. If you are controlling and hanging on too hard to something and it is making you lose your light and brilliance then let it go. If you are hanging too hard on to your brilliant ideals and are losing your empowerment then let it go. Let things die and reborn and see if a new light gets turned on.
In conclusion: These are heady times we are in and there will be even more in the coming years. In order to find our way through these times we will need to be connected to spirit, be light on our feet and know the importance of non-family tribe energy. And of course you can change tribes whenever you want it is the tribal experience that is important. With that in mind we would all be served well to run with the Aquarius lunar cycles and not be afraid to be brilliant or weird and listen for beeps of other goofballs.
Finally, I saw a posting on FB when David Bowie died that made me think of the Aquarius cycle. It was a photo of Bowie and underneath it read: “Thank you, from the weird kids.”
Yep. Download Major Tom and rock this Aquarius cycle!
I’ll see you in Pisces.
From the weird kid. Tracy
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
Aquarius New Moon
Feb 8, 2016
12:38 pm EST
19 Aquarius 15
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: Find your brilliance. Find your weirdness. Plant seeds that let you connect with groups. Find like- minded people and see what it does for you and them. Plant seeds that inspire you to be in the world with others. Once again, you can be weird and unique but also with the rest of the world. Do it for 29 days.
2/9: Venus Trine Jupiter: Love and Money supported. Both feel big.
Crescent Moon Phase
Feb 11, 2016
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about your independence? What are you learning about what fires you up? What are you learning about breaking out? What are you learning about being a ‘force’ for you?
2/11: Venus semisq Neptune: A wee bit ‘off’ on money & love. Values feel tweaked. Things feel annoying.
2/13: Mercury enters Aquarius
2/13: Mars sextile Jupiter: Energy and boldness are sparked. Big actions. Play big or go home.
2/13: Mercury semiSq Saturn: harsh thoughts. Constricted thinking. Both get in our way. So does depressing conversation.
First Quarter Moon
February 14, 2016
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take that build on something? What actions can you take that are super stable? What actions can you take show your ability to be patient? What actions can you build on and build on and build on and build on?
2/16: Venus in Aquarius
February 18, 2016
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What are you missing about your emotions? What are you missing about your family? What are you missing about roots? What are you missing about your motivation?
2/18: Sun enters Pisces
2/20: Sun semisq Pluto. Stupid ego moves give away power.
2/21: Sun semisq Uranus. Loss of self in chaos and confusion.
Full Moon Phase
February 22, 2016
3 Virgo 33
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Full Moon in Virgo. What the hell is going on with your daily life? Little things make up big things. What do the little things that you do or say and experience say about the big things in your life? What does your schedule look like? And how much does insecurity play a part in all of the above?
Go to blog for full moon report.
2/25: Mercury sextile Saturn. Thoughtful. Short conversations but well constructed thoughts. Making small but significant connections.
2/26: Mercury sextile Uranus. Inspired conversations. Brainstorms ideas and thinking. Brilliance in the air.
February 26, 2016
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are sharing your ability to balance? How are you sharing your understanding of relationship? How are you sharing partnership? How are you sharing fair mindedness? How are you sharing diplomacy? How are you sharing graciousness? How is indecision being shared?
2/28: Sun conjunct Neptune. Faith, spirituality, humanitarian focuses rise up.
2/29: Venus sextile Saturn. Making love work is supported. Making money work is supported. Making values work is supported.
Last Quarter Moon Phase
March 1, 2016
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions can you take that builds a bridge? What actions can you take that show a sense of adventure? What actions can your take that give you more freedom? What actions can you take that stoke your curiosity?
3/2: Venus sextile Uranus. Creativity inspired. Love, Money & Values is inspired by something new. A fun energy.
3/5: Mercury enters Pisces
Balsamic Moon Phase
March 5, 2016
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our rebel without a cause. We release hiding in a crowd. We release our uncompromising attitude. We release our stubbornness. We release our tweaked eccentricity.
3/5: Mars enters Sag
3/5: Sun square Saturn. What a skank aspect. Wound up tight, Righteousness & victimhood acted. Faith versus religion
3/6: Mercury semisq Pluto. Little tiny harsh thoughts rub like sandpaper on the soul.
3/6: Sun sextile Pluto. Inspiration activates
Pisces New Moon February 8, 2016 9:38a (18 Pisces 55)
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook