New Moon Articles by Tracy
Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
SAGITTARIUS NEW MOON 2013
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 28-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? As much as you want to hide in the busy-ness of the holiday season, you can’t hide. Your future is speaking to you—stop shopping and listen.
SAGITTARIUS NEW MOON
December 2 2013
10 Sagittarius 59
10-11 degree of Sagittarius
In The Left Section Of An Archaic Temple, A Lamp Burns In A Container Shaped Like A Human Body
SAGITTARIUS New Moon
December 2, 2013 7:22pm EST
10 Sagittarius 59
Here we are at the last new moon of 2013. As we know the zodiac calendar ends in March but our life calendar, the one that we are so reliant upon, is in its final month. For many of us, we will want to look back at 2013 and assess our successes and failures but with the Sagittarius New Moon we must not look back, instead we should look to our future because Sag excels by providing a light for a path. It is a beacon.
Sagittarius is enthusiastic, optimistic and a highly energetic sign. As children, the Sag child is open and full of wonder often with an inner confidence that leads them to make friends with people who are out of their tribe. They are wired to see opportunity everywhere. Sag energy is a natural communicator, teacher or writer and connects to humor even in the most dire situations. Are we surprised that Mark Twain was a Sag? But when the Sag energy goes south it goes very south. Judgmental, opinionated, religious zealot, prejudiced bigots and huge know-it- alls—you ask, “What is the root of all that sourness?” It is disappointment, acknowledged or unacknowledged, and of course a complete lack of faith even when they profess to be spiritual.
The symbol for Sagittarius is the centaur. A mythical creature who is half man half horse holding a bow and arrow. The centaur has his bow up in the sky, his arrow pulled back ready to shoot. A processed Sag must always have a target to shoot his arrow. If he doesn’t, well go back and read what he looks like when he is sour.
A thriving Sag energy will be go for physical or mental accomplishments and even when push comes to shove it will go for finally jumping over emotional hurdles. The bottom line is Sag sees a target and goes for it.
The planet Jupiter rules Sag and it is the largest planet in our solar system. On Jupiter there is a spot which is called the red eye. That eye is a perpetual storm constantly swirling and is so large it can fit two or three Earths inside it. That is big. When Sag is big it is big. And the swirling storm speaks to the Sag energy of unrest and searching. Do you think this is the new moon to stay small? Do you think this is the new moon to stay with the status quo? I see you shaking your head, ‘no’. Good.
The Sag new moon is when we acknowledge our own unrest, not to grumble or complain but to connect with our own “what if?” Where do we want to expand our knowledge? Where do we want to utilize our ‘know-it-all-ness? Where are we smart? How are we using it? Where do we want to be big? Where do we want to build a bridge? How do we want to expand our world? Where do we want to travel? How do we want to connect to religion or if not religion then how are we connecting to our philosophies? Are we really living our philosophy or are we a hypocrite? Oh, there is a yucky Sag word.
On this new moon the Sun/Moon are in trine to Uranus. Uranus is the planet of change and revolution. What would your life look like if it had a revolution? Not a bottle throwing, yelling in the streets revolution (It is a trine for heaven sake!) but a quiet revolution that spoke to your future. Last month, I read an interesting story about a very successful chef and restaurateur. This chef was a rebel rouser when he was a kid, got in a lot of trouble, had a lot debt, drank, drugs, just a mess and one day he was lying on his couch watching TV and landed on an Emeril Lagassee cooking show. He watched that show and right then said to himself, “I want to be a chef. I want to do that. ” He cleaned up his act, paid his debts and went off to cooking school. Now he is a famous chef. It didn’t happen over night, it took several years and a lot of discipline but he is doing a craft that he loves. And it began right there on his couch when he had a quiet revolution. You may not have an exact picture show up for you like our chef but watch what comes up this 28 day cycle. You may blow it off but later as you mull different events, moments or situations, you will realize that you too are in the midst of a quiet revolution.
Besides being in aspect to the Sun and Moon on the new moon chart, Uranus is also important because on December 17 a few hours after the full moon, Uranus will turn direct at 8 degrees Aries (12:39pm EST). For the last five months Uranus has been retrograde. Aries speaks to independence, breaking new ground, going our own way, or taking new paths. Uranus of course cannot be second guess. He lives for chaos and turning things upside down. As chaotic as Uranus can appear he is also brilliant and capable of tremendous innovation. Having Uranus trine Sun/Moon and then turn direct during the Sag cycle feels very much like The Wright Brothers and their fateful flight in Kitty Hawk. On Dec 17, 1903 (note the date) Wilbur and Orville quietly lifted their wooden flyer into the air for twelve seconds.
Not much of a crowd. Not a lot of noise. Just a simple little action and—it changed the world.
Uranus was not in Aries in 1903 but it was in conjunction to the Sun in Sag so it is a similar energy to the period we are in this cycle. What secret independence have you been nursing for the last five months? What breakouts have you been mulling? What new paths are around you that have gotten your attention since summer? Where are things feeling dead or uninspired? And what changes are you vibing? They are there, don’t bother denying it, you know and I know there are changes in your life that need a move by you.
The gift of this Sag new moon could not come at a more profound time. Whatever you can do on this new moon please activate “What’s Next?” “What if?” “Where should I go now?” As you know we have been identifying this period between now and the spring of 2014 as a difficult time. There is a grand cross at 13 degrees on April 22, 2014. The four planets will be Uranus 13 Aries, Jupiter at 13 Cancer, Mars at 13 Libra and Pluto at 13 Capricorn. This energy does not happen often and when it does it points out what is not working, usually in a big way. And by the way it does not just appear out of the blue on a day in April. It is a slow build. I will talk more about the grand cross on the Capricorn new Moon but I would be remiss if I didn’t mention that the tension begins during this Sag lunar phase. On Dec 7 Mars will leave Virgo and enter Libra. He is the final player to enter his cardinal sign. As we discussed on December 17 Uranus, another player turns direct and begins his journey towards the battleground. We are not in the full tension yet because on November 7 Jupiter turned retrograde in Cancer. Once he turns direct in March then the tension ramps up. But we may start to see some cracks and fissures where the tension of the cardinal square is playing out in our life once Uranus turns direct. How interesting that we might get an idea where there is trouble or tension while we are in the cycle that supports us finding a goal or a target for our future. Like I said, you might not have an exact idea what new path you are starting (like our guy on the couch who became a chef) but I would not scoff at any wild idea that comes up the next 28 days.
A bit more on Mars in Libra. Mars in Libra is not a comfortable place. Libra likes everything smooth. Libra is always looking for balance. Of course, often the way Libra finds balance is by suppressing so called ‘unpleasant’ feelings, by staying shallow, or by duplicity. NONE of that is how Mars works. God, no. Mars is a warrior. He has his sword in hand and runs into the storm with full force. So, what is Mars going to do in Libra? How is that going to work for him? If he runs with his sword into any situation with partners, he may not be met with the full picture. Someone may say everything is fine but it is not. So then what does he do? He may have to put his sword down and be a mental warrior. We should not be surprised how people ‘accidentally’ put their relationships in trouble. Or how they start wars with partners both business and personal. Negotiations could go awry. And of course because God has a sense of humor we are getting months and months of Mars in Libra. Usually Mars is in a sign for a few weeks but because Mars will be retrograde this spring, Mars will be in Libra for seven months until finally on July 26, 2014 he moves into Scorpio. There will be people who will try to appease brutes. Whether it works or not only history will tell. (Ask Neville Chamberlain). We should look for wars around imbalance and boundaries not just global but also personal. Relationships will be tested, sure some severed. Negotiations will rough. But, remember no astrological event takes place in a vacuum. It is NOT an accident that we have Mars the warrior in the sign of relationships during the cardinal grand cross. Perhaps there are relationships that won’t last the other side of cross. Or if they are in our life it is how we handle them will not be the same as it has been after the cross. See how balance and relationships survive on December 25 and December 30. On the 25th Mars gets into it with Uranus and on December 30 Mars gets into it with Pluto. Watch what comes up and know that we will be here again at the grand cross in April.
On December 21 will be the Winter Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere and Summer Solstice in the Southern Hemisphere. A profound day for our indigenous ancestors no matter what continent they lived. Call upon those great, great, great, great, (500 greats later) grandmas and grandpas to speak to you through your DNA and tell you how to respond to the Solstice. On that same day Venus will turn retrograde at 28 Capricorn. Ah, Capricorn, there we are at a cardinal sign again. Venus retrograde is when we look at how our love, money and values might be ‘off’. Perhaps we have been loving someone who does not deserve it? Perhaps we have been pursuing a passion but when we come out of the Venus retrograde on January 31 we have a new take on where our love and passion now needs to be focused. Perhaps we have been spending money on something or someone that is no longer serving us. Do you think it is an accident that Venus is turning retrograde in Sag cycle, where we are setting our vision for our future? Nope, me either.
This new moon in Sag is squaring Chiron in Pisces. Globally someone is going to shoot off his or her mouth or do something to get attention and get others or self into a world of hurt. Chiron has been in Pisces since 2011 and will not move into Aries until 2018 so we have been processing Pisces energy for awhile which includes, prisons, hospitals, slavery, victims, drug addiction and delusion. But also artists and healers are part of the Pisces process. And with Chiron, first you step in the shit and then come out of it so you can help others from stepping in their own shit. There is always a gift and healing with Chiron it just hurts at first.
Special note, on December 12, Jupiter will make a trine with Saturn. Once the new moon starts our need to take care of business and not just small business but big business will be put in motion. We have big ideas and Saturn is going to support it. With that aspect I would think the waxing moon should be helpful for commerce. Also, because this is a water trine (Scorpio and Cancer) this is beneficial for working out any emotional stuff that is holding back good. And yes, if there is still clutter in your life, use Jupiter/Saturn to help clear out the junk.
In conclusion: Be looking for things to come up that speak to your future. Given the aspects and the tension I don’t believe these will be subtle influences. I think we will all have a very real sense of where we need to shoot our arrow and what is our target by the end of these 28 days. All you need to do is open your eyes and ears then you can Ready, Aim---fire.
I will see you on the other side Sag at the Capricorn New Moon which is January 1, where we can get down to business. And by the way we are not taking any hostages in the first six months of 2014. So, I mean business.
The 8 phases
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: Where is your arrow pointing? What visions do you have for your future? Do you have a real concrete idea? Great, do something on these first 4 days that supports that vision. If you don’t know (and by the way, I’m holding my tongue because I believe you do know) watch what comes up in these next 28 days and know there is a future plan in the mix.
12/3: Mercury/Mars: Fun and lively actions. Quick thoughts. Productive actions.
12/4: Mercury enters Sagittarius
Crescent Moon Phase
December 6 2013
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What information are you learning about your groups? What are you learning about your tribe? When you put your goals and visions out there how does it fly with your circle? Are they supportive or not supportive?
12/7: Mars enters Libra
First Quarter Moon
December 9, 2013
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that speak to your spirituality? What actions are you taking that depend on faith? What are you learning about your faith?
12/10: Mercury/Uranus. Creative thoughts. Brainstorms that are super smart. Unique thinking and opportunities from great thoughts.
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What details are you following up that support you building something block by block? How do the details support your finances and resources? What goals do you have that need simple hard work? How are you accessing that work?
12/12: Jupiter trine Saturn: GREAT aspect. Bridging to goals. Optimistic.
Full Moon Phase
December 17 2013
25 Gemini 36
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
How are your connections? The ones you make out in the world when you are living your life and the connections in your brain? Where are you sharpening your communication skills? How are you being nimble? How are you being quick? What do you look like when you are light? Get your nimble on.
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
12/17: Uranus turns Direct (See above)
Disseminating Moon Phase
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your strength? How are sharing your courage? How are others sharing their leadership? How are others sharing their own strength? What are you learning from others when they lie?
12/21: Venus turns retrograde 28 Cap (see above)
12/21: Sun enters Capricorn
12/24: Mercury enter Capricorn
12/25: Mars/Uranus Abrupt actions, chaotic movements, reckless energy, breaking stuff up
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions do you need to take that help reach your goals and visions and include your relationships? How are your partners supporting your goals and visions? What do you need to do to engage them?
12/26: Mercury/Neptune: Gentle conversations, inspired thinking, spiritual thoughts
12/27: Mercury/Saturn: Harsh thinking, what’s broken is on the mind
12/28: Sun/Mercury: Goal oriented thinking, energetic thinking, putting oneself out there in the world starts with thinking about it first.
Balsamic Moon Phase
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release controlling. We release our ‘black and white’ thinking. We release the need to live in extremes. We let go of letting go.
12/29: Mercury/Uranus: Abrupt thinking, chaotic thinking, brilliant but a bit cold
12/29: Sun/Uranus: Chaos, feeling trapped, feeling abrupt, feeling old, or out of step
12/30: Mars/Pluto: rough actions, watch the driving, tension everywhere
CAP NEW MOON 6:14 AM EST January 1, 2014
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook