New Moon Articles by Tracy
TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
TAURUS NEW MOON 2014
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 28-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days.
Okay what is this cycle about?
Taurus rules cultivation—what are your cultivating for your body, your properties, your money, your goals, your love?
A Fully Decorated Christmas Tree
TAURUS NEW MOON
APRIL 29 2014
8 TAURUS 51
This is no ordinary Taurus new moon; it is a solar eclipse which gives it an extra punch. This eclipse is being dubbed, “The Penguin Eclipse” since it will be seen in full in Antarctica. Although our friends in Australia and southern Indonesia will see parts of the eclipse. Perhaps the ring of fire light will shine on the spot where that Malaysia Air plane is located? Maybe. Maybe not.
In all eclipses, we have an opportunity to push out the background noise and tune into the gift of the Sun and Moon—in this case, an instruction manual from Taurus is being downloaded.
We have just completed arguably one of the fieriest Aries lunar cycles in the century. The fire around us, the fire in our belly and the fire coming out of our mouth was huge. And what is the best way to settle down the fire? Dirt. A lot of it. Ding, ding, ding, here comes Taurus! Hurray.
Taurus is the first earth sign of the zodiac. During the Taurus lunar cycle we slow down. We get ‘grounded’. We get practical. We want solutions. But it is not dreamy airy-fairy solutions (“Hey maybe I will win the lottery”) it is looking at the nuts and bolts of getting something done in a measured way. During Taurus we look at our money, we look at our properties, we look at the resources we hold in our hands. We want to fix things that are broken. We want to build things from the ground up.
Things slow down in Taurus. We take our time. We know that nothing happens over night but for those of us who built Treasure Maps what can come up suddenly is a new practical path or solution that helps us achieve our goals in a bit by bit manner. We value taking things slow. Our psyche is nurtured knowing that consistent work and patience will build the results we desire.
On a Taurus lunar eclipse we are put on notice to look at our physicality. What is going on with our bodies? Are we connected to our body? Are we getting up in the morning living our day of thrills and spills but not actually feeling connected to our body? On this new moon try to connect to your body. While you are taking your shower or getting dressed, stand there for a moment and breathe into your body. Wiggle your toes, feel your thighs, become aware of your groin, stomach, become intimate with your lungs, your breathe, feel your throat, your cheek, your brow. What is your body telling you? Let it speak to you and more important hear it. What does your body need? Hear the answer and then do it.
Stephanie Austin (Mountain Astrologer) in her new moon report www.EcoAstrology.com points out that the degree of this Taurus New Moon ties back to April 29, 1995. What was going on then? What is coming up now that reminds you of that period? Did you start anything then that now needs your input? Are you repeating anything? Are you deepening the work you did then now with a new robust energy?
On the chart of this new moon the Sun, Moon and Mercury are in conjunction (meaning they are right next to each other). This is an extra gift. Mercury colors the eclipse and the 28-day cycle by making it ‘lighter’. It takes a lot of determination to build something up from the ground. Sure and steady is Taurus but where Taurus is dense is that it is-- dense. It misses nuances and can get stuck, stubborn, lazy and downright belligerent. What it is not –is light on its feet. However Mercury in conjunction with the Sun and Moon gives us a lightness that we normally would not experience in a 28-day Taurus lunar cycle. Mercury knows how to veer to the right and the left, it is clever. In natural selection, Mercury is the planet that helps us adapt. Watch what comes up on the New Moon and eclipse that that speaks to ‘adaptation’. What is the practical application you can make of that adaptation?
Another gift on the new moon chart is the Sun/Moon trine with Pluto. It is interesting that the gift of Mercury is adaptation and the gift of Pluto is evolution. Combine the two and it is “Adapt, die and reborn.” At first blush, it would seem kind of dark and negative but that is not the case, this is more like an awakening. As you process the 28 days see if you find yourself noticing something or perhaps a pattern that you no longer need. “Wow I have been doing ____ for years and it doesn’t make practical sense to keep doing ____ and I am ready to get a new routine going.”
It is worth noting that Taurus is the sign of resources which includes love and money. Look at your love, look at your money and see what needs an awakening.
Also on the chart is a sextile between the Sun and Moon with Neptune. Neptune is our spirituality and intuition and it is speaking to the Sun and Moon. Watch this cycle if you go somewhere, call someone, do something that normally may not be on your “To-do” list but you feel compelled, perhaps guided to do it. Have fun. Watch who you ‘bump’ into, or watch some cool blog you find while getting lost in the Internet. Perhaps these ‘bump’s will present a gift that later serves you in a practical (Taurus) manner.
Let’s get our Mars information turned on now.
First of all Mars is usually in a sign for about 8 weeks. But when it goes retrograde and slows down it is in a sign for six months. Do you think when it is in a sign for seven months we are getting a lesson? No shit. So on Dec 7 (2013) Mars went into Libra. Then on March 1 it turned retrograde. And now on May 20 it is going direct and finally on July 26 it is going to get the hell out of Libra and move into Scorpio. So, ask yourself, how are your relationships? How are your partnerships? How is your ‘maleness’? How is your femaleness? Is it all cockeyed? Some of you have been extra butch. “I told him a thing or two.” Even if you don’t have one, have you been taking out your penis and measuring it with others? And what about your passive aggressiveness? How are you double downing in manipulation? The fact is that Mars is not comfortable in Libra. It is what we call his detriment sign. So, he does not play fair when he is in Libra. Who is full of shit? Are you really getting mad at them? Why? If a person is lying to you and manipulating you, guess what? Is it their fault for lying or yours’ for believing the lie? Sure there are some people who are blind sided—sort of, but deep down they may have known something. In the meantime, some of you will take Mars in Libra to improve on your negotiation skills. But again, don’t sell the farm for peace, you may pay too much. B-R-E-A-T-H-E , because at the end of the day, Libra is an air sign.
Let’s slow down. Let’s build something important to us from the ground up. Let’s find our patience. Let’s build our reserves. Let’s be committed to something important to us. Let’s take care of our body. Let’s do all of that because at the end of the day we want to LOVE our life.
Please like TracyAstroSalon Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/tracy.astrosalon?v=wall
for weekly updates.
TAURUS NEW MOON
April 29, 2014
2:14 am EDT
The 8 phases
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: Where do you need to be practical? Where do you need to build something bit by bit? Where do you need to be patient? Where do you need to take things SLOW?
4/29 Mercury/Pluto new thinking emerges. Fruitful conversations. Thoughts evoke deep change.
4/30 Mercury/Jupiter: Expanding thoughts. Bridges to new thinking. Spirited and fun conversations. Helpful communication.
5/2: Mercury/ Saturn: Talk versus Walk. Who is walking their talk and who is not? Kind of a turn off, no?
5/2: Venus enters Aries
Crescent Moon Phase
9:26 pm EDT
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What information are you learning about your thinking process? Is your thinking supporting you? How do you get from one thing to another? Is it rooted in patterns? Are they helpful or not? What is the practical application of thinking in a new manner? Who has something interesting to tell you that you might have missed at another time in your life? What are you learning from siblings or neighbors.
5/3: Sun/Pluto-positive experiences deepens meaningful transformation.
First Quarter Moon
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that support you being big? What actions are you taking that show your strength? What actions are you taking that show your vitality? What actions are you taking that make you shine? And if you resist all of this---why? Does the resistance serve you in a practical sense? If not, consider a creative new approach.
5/6: Sun/Jupiter: Expansion, fun, new encounters, new inspiration, new growth.
5/7: Mercury enters Gemini
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
How does your partner fit into your life in a practical way? What do you receive from partnerships? How much do you interact? How do you interact? Is it all working? Does it need fine tuning? Does it need finessing?
5/10: Sun/Saturn: What does your heart tell you is your responsibility? We can’t hide from our responsibility.
5/11: Venus/Mars: Values need actions. Money needs action. Love needs actions.
5/11: Mercury/Neptune: Communication may be fanciful, dreamy or perhaps not entirely honest.
5/12: Mercury/Mars: Thoughts push action. Quick thinking brings quick action.
5/14: Venus/Pluto love of power, power versus love, values versus love, values versus power.
Full Moon Phase
May 14, 2014
23 Scorpio 55
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
How do you process blocks? How do you hold on to things/energy/stuff that no longer serves you? What do you do in a practical way to get rid of stuff? What is going on with your resources? How can you expand them? But not giving up the stuff that works in your life?
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
5/15: Mercury/Venus: Talking of fun and joy and lightness
5/15: Mercury/Uranus: Mental gets a bolt of lightening. New ideas
5/15: Venus/Uranus: Out of the blue values, love, money get electricity
12:23 am EDT
Disseminating Moon Phase
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are sharing your executive abilities? How are you sharing your leadership skills? How are hearing from others about their leadership and executive skills? Who are you reaching out to that can advise you to another spot higher up?
5/18: Venus/Jupiter money/love/values get tweaked. Watch for zealots.
5/19: Mars turns direct 9:31pm EDT 9 Libra 02 (see above)
5/20: Sun enters Gemini
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions are you bringing to your practical daily life that speaks of spirituality? How do you bring faith into your life in a real daily way? Not some airy fairy thing you do now and then, how does it work in your life regularly?
5/24: Jupiter/Saturn Visions meet discipline for successful results. Hard work is inspired by something greater.
Balsamic Moon Phase
9:15 pm EDT
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our noise. We release our loudness. We release our fire. We release our brasness. We release doing things alone. We release “1” so that we can play more with others in Gemini.
4/26: Mercury/Neptune: Gentle dreamy thoughts, soft intuition and communication.
4/27: Sun/Neptune: Inspired, motivations connect to dreams.
GEMINI NEW MOON MAY 28 2:49 PM EDT
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook