New Moon Articles by Tracy
Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
Virgo NEW MOON 2017
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? Here
Sabian symbol: You have skills and talents and for 29 days you will not be passive about those gifts. You will put them to work because the world needs you. No hiding.
A Baldheaded Man Who Has Seized Power
Virgo New Moon
September 20, 2017
27 Virgo 27
After two new moons and 58 days of Leo lunar cycles where we found our bravery and followed paths that expanded our heart—we now at Virgo New Moon pull our energy back, way back, like back so much it would fit in a microscope slide.
Big is great. But if you can’t do the work that Big requires then Big is a waste of time. And that is why God in his infinite wisdom gave us Virgo. Virgo looks at the details and makes sure we are all dotting our I’s and crossing our T’s. The fiery energy of Leo moves into the powerful earth energy Virgo. In Leo we find our self-esteem and our gifts and talents and Virgo we work those gifts and talents so we are serving the world. Virgo is a servant. Unfortunately the word serve and servant have a negative spin for many people. Probably because we associate it with hard grunge that we do at our jobs or in our personal life but in reality being of service is very elevated if you honor your gifts and serve the world through those talents. A person who is gifted with numbers serves the world when they use that gift and make excellent accountants or CFOs. A person who can tell a story serves by teaching or writing. A person who is gifted with their hands serves in a multitude of jobs and if a person is a talented as a listener can be a counselor or maybe they serve friendships. There are so many gifts and talents that serve the world. And if you insist you have no talents or gifts –STOP THAT NONSENSE right now!!! That thinking is lame.
Yes, you have talents and skills. You just had 58 days to be brave and find your talent in your heart of hearts. Now bring it out and stop marginalizing your gifts. There are not enough exclamation points in the world for me to make my point that you have gifts and skills. And we the other people on the planet need you to show up!
Virgo Lunar Cycle
During the Virgo cycle we look at our gifts and put them to work.
During the Virgo cycle we work on refinement. No matter what the subject.
During the Virgo cycle we look at our schedule and remember that where we put our energy says a lot about who we are.
During the Virgo cycle we look at our daily activity and make sure we are taking care of our precious body.
During the Virgo cycle we acknowledge our insecurities but work hard to not get lost in them.
During the Virgo cycle we acknowledge our nervous energy and we take a breath—maybe a lot of breaths.
On this New Moon, mars and mercury are in the beginning of Virgo and at the end we find the Sun and Moon in late Virgo. That’s a lot of Virgo. There are no aspects with the Sun and Moon so for more information on how this cycle plays we look at Virgo’s traditional ruling planet, Mercury. Ah-ha, Mercury is exactly opposite Neptune in Pisces. Talk about a dichotomy. Mercury in Virgo wants to figure everything out and put a plan together and do it perfect while Neptune in Pisces is teaching us that everything is already figured out—as long as we get quiet and ‘know’ it and oh yeah, there is no such thing as perfect.
For 29 days we will be challenged to use our god given talents and skills and to take care of details that have been neglected for perhaps years and certainly since the beginning of this astrological year which started in April. At the same time if we feel overwhelmed by the process we can use Neptune’s energy to get quiet and feel our way to a prioritized to-do list. If we have our antenna high we will know what is important and how to take care of stuff—that’s the gift of Mercury oppose Neptune. But remember, you have to get quiet and learn to intuit your way through the process.
Good questions to ask:
What have you been neglecting?
What is going on with your body?
How is your daily schedule?
What is clogging it up? How does it speak to your values?
What stuff has been sitting in a corner waiting for you to address it? Both literally and figuratively?
What can I do a little bit each day?
What are my insecurities? Are they overwhelming me? Can I stop that overwhelmed feeling?
What needs to be refined?
How can I serve?
Who can I serve?
How am I served by others? Am I honoring them?
The Critical Thinker
The darker side of Virgo during the 29 day cycle is our critical nature. It will sometimes feel very personal to you because how could that other person get something so off which is so obviously wrong to you? Well, I will give you the answer now—because people are lame. The end. Watch your comments. Watch the crits that come out of your mouth. It is very possible that the off -handed critical comment you say could have long term repercussions. You may turn off someone with a sharp response. Especially given that stupid Saturn in Sag loves a smart aleck retort to any stupid question. Just take care to not blow someone away with your negativity. Instead take care of your side of the street. Clean up everything in your world and leave the other person out of your sights.
On September 27 Jupiter will make its final opposition to Uranus. The first hit was December 26 then March 2 and now we complete the process. Jupiter in Libra has been speaking to us all about fairness and partnerships. Uranus in Aries wants to break new ground and embrace revolutionary thinking. Did you take your relationships to new territory in late December? Did something revolutionary happen? Perhaps it was a small change but important change. How about March? Any changes then? Did you feel something shift at the beginning of June with your relationships? At that point Jupiter went direct and we felt the energy rev up. What has felt fair and what has felt unfair in your relationships? Expect one more shot of adrenalin in your partnerships or relationships as we head to the final Jupiter-Uranus opposition. Special shout out to our Aquarian friends, Jupiter may be pushing you a wee bit harder since Uranus is your ruling planet. Where do you need to get out of Dodge? Where do you need to break free? Or from whom? How would you benefit by international input? Or your education what needs to be a tune up? Once Jupiter makes contact with Uranus we may have something come up where we say---“oh, you again” this time use the Virgo lunar cycle to fix it. And then about two weeks later Jupiter leaves Libra for Scorpio and will not return to Libra for 12 years. So, let’s make the most of the Jupiter oppose Uranus and the final days of finding balance and fairness in Libra. Because after October 10---well it is not about balance.
October 10th - Jupiter in Scorpio
Jupiter moves into Scorpio where it will be until November 2018. The last time Jupiter was here was October 27 2005- November 25, 2006. Contemplate what you were doing at that time and how were you feeling pushed to the limit in some way.
Jupiter as we know is not small. He is the biggest planet in our solar system. He does not know how to be small and frankly he does not know how to be measured. Scorpio has his own problems finding the middle ground. Scorpio likes things black and white, not gray. Scorpio is the second water sign. Cancer the first water sign is full of highs and lows, like the waves on the beaches and the tides near shore. It comes in and pulls out. Scorpio is a wee bit more focused and intense. Emotions will flow like any water sign but with Scorpio it needs to be harnessed. Think of a dam on a river, which harnesses all the water into electricity. That is the power of Scorpio. Having Jupiter there could make us kick in some obsessive tendencies. Instead of fighting the obsession or even the OCD, let’s all make good use of the energy. Use it to drive us and the fact that it launches in the Virgo lunar cycle means we will probably have a pretty good idea what needs our OCD energy. Jupiter in Scorpio will have us clear out garbage and really be done with it. We are done with it for a variety of reasons but with the fresh new clear space something new will be born. We may find ourselves looking at our sex life, our shared investments, taxes and figuring new ways to improve on all of them. We will speak more definitive. “No one- everyone, always, never, yes, no, black, white.” We aren’t hanging out in grey. Scorpio only cares about things that matter. We could have gotten lost in pretense or some light and airy issues while Jupiter was in Libra. Perhaps connections with people who were in our lives for a moment or two. Now we go deep. We want to go down to the basement and find things that matter and go deep on it. We will talk more about Jupiter as we progress for the next year but do not judge yourself if you find a harsher tone coming out of you or your passion gets ticked up. It’s probably Jupiter kicking in to another gear.
Pluto direct (16 Cap 51)
Speaking of things intense and some times dark we have Pluto going direct the day after Jupiter opposes Uranus. Wow. The great divine is really getting our attention. Pluto spends half of every year either going direct or going backwards. Back in April Pluto turned retrograde. The lessons of Pluto in Capricorn are pretty easy to see. Who are our leaders? How are our organizations? How are our businesses? How are the finances of our democracies? How is big business working for us? How is it not working? On a personal level—what kind of CEO are you in your own life? Are you rewarding yourself with well- deserved bonuses? Are you a harsh boss harping on all your mistakes? Are you not paying yourself enough in money or praise? Are you cheating yourself on some level? And how are you short changing your own power? What have you learned since April about what empowers you? And what have you learned since April about the value of letting things die? How can you use that knowledge to improve your life in a daily manner?
In conclusion: It is impossible to run with this Virgo lunar cycle without reflecting on the 58 days of Leo. Just to spell it out (which is something Virgo likes) on July 23 we went into the first Leo lunar cycle then on August 21st our second Leo cycle was launched with a spectacular solar eclipse. Between July 23 and September 19th we learned what made our heart tick. We got excited by some things, hurt by other things, exhilarated at moments and depleted —but no matter what was the emotion it was rooted in our heart. If we reflect on those cycles we can see what makes us tick. We can remember our passion and to utilize Virgo to its most perfect (another Virgo word) state—we will use that passion to assess our life and refine it so that we can build a better body and life and supports our hearts desires. It starts right now. And we do it day by day and bit by bit. And if you think daily actions aren’t important. Stop brushing your teeth for a month or taking a shower and let’s talk about the value of daily work 29 days from now.
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
Virgo New Moon
27 Virgo 27
September 20, 2017
1:29 am EDT
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: What are our skills? How is your calendar? How is your schedule and does it reflect your values? What makes your heart tick and are you living your life in support of your hearts desires? How are you sharing your gifts with others? How are you serving? Who is serving you? How are you acting on all of it? Reflect on the gift of service.
9/22: Mercury trine Pluto: Sharp thinking perhaps critical. Laser thoughts, cutting through cloudy thoughts.
9/22: Sun enters Libra. Fall equinox 4:02pm EDT
Crescent Moon Phase
September 23, 2017 , 8:47pm EDT
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about transformation? What are you learning about power or empowerment? What are you learning about death and rebirth? What are learning about ‘letting go’? What are you learning about taxes and legal matters? And what are learning about investments?
9/24: Mars oppose Neptune. Actions that are confused. Creativity that feels rushed. Energy not consistent. Goes in fits and starts.
9/25: Mercury square Saturn: Bravado thinking gets doused with cold water. Getting lost in minutia and missing big ideas. Big ideas miss the details.
9/27: Jupiter oppose Uranus. (see above)
First Quarter Moon
September 27, 2017
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that support your business? What actions are you taking that are sober, smart and celebrate your inner CEO? What actions are you taking that support your structure as a leader? Where do you need to just stand up and do the right thing and put it out there?
9/28: Pluto direct 3:35pm 16 Cap 51 (see above)
9/29: Venus oppose Neptune. Love & money feel fuzzy, muted. Values melt. Delusion and illusion around love and money and creativity.
9/29: Mercury enters Libra
10/1: Mars trine Pluto. Actions that transform are very powerful. Actions that speak to morphing.
October 1, 2017
11:24 pm EDT
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What are you neglecting that speaks to your friends? What are you neglecting that speaks to being with groups of people who energize you? What are you neglecting that speaks to being part of a group thought? What are you neglecting that speaks to being a part of community?
10/3: Venus trine Pluto. Love transforms. Blocks break. Values morph.
Full Moon Phase
October 5, 2017
12 Aries 42
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Full Moon in Aries. Independence. Actions. Breaking new ground. Remembering YOU in all relationships.
Go to blog for full moon report.
10/5: Venus conjunct Mars. Love and energy are united. Warrior and artist are united. Details rule!
10/8: Venus square Saturn. Structure that bind and act like traps. Love feels constricted. Money feels restricted.
10/8: Sun conjunct Mercury. Light. Smart. Overwhelmed with too many details. Perhaps too critical in thoughts.
October 8, 2017
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your cleverness? How are you sharing your adaptability? How are you sharing your humor? How are you sharing you quick brain? How are you sharing your “grey” which is not “black” or “white”. How are you sharing the appropriateness of not telling the truth?
10/9: Mercury square Pluto. Thoughts are dark and stormy. Depressed thinking can rule. Thoughts that overwhelm and go to the dark.
10/9: Sun Square Pluto. Relationships feel slapped by reality. Is everyone on the same page? How is there balance? How is the career? How is your place in the world? Versus your partnerships? 10/10: Jupiter in Scorpio. (see above)
10/11: Mars square Saturn. Actions feel thwarted. Building anything up feels rushed. Actions are not in synch with big ideas.
Last Quarter Moon Phase
October 12, 2017
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions are you taking that support your family? What actions are you taking that support your feelings? How are you using your emotions to motivate your more ‘buttoned up’ abilities? How are you letting your feelings guide you towards fixing important areas of your life?
10/13: Venus enters Libra
10/15: Mercury oppose Uranus. Thoughts that seem out of whack. Outrageous conversations that can be provocative and disrupted.
Balsamic Moon Phase
October 15, 2017
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on How are we releasing our insecurities? How are we releasing our negativity? How are we releasing our critical nature?
10/17: Mercury enters scorpio
10:18: Mercury conjunct Jupiter. Big thoughts about, sex, taxes, power, lawyers guns and money.
10/19: Sun oppose Uranus
October 19, 3:11pm EDT
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook