New Moon Articles by Tracy
Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
SAGITTARIUS NEW MOON 2011
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 28 day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, Astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? Do we give ourselves the luxury to think, “What if?” For 28 days we will stretch ourselves and find goals, we will seek freedom and there will be a demand to be authentic. Being fake doesn’t work.
November 25, 2011
2 Sag 37
Sabian Symbol: Two men, lounging in the comfort of an old drawing room, and with strong pipes, are playing a game of chess.
SAGITTARIUS NEW MOON –Mother Knows Best
New Moon Phase
November 25, 1:09am EST
Sag New Moon – Solar Eclipse
Did you know the universe has a center? It is called the Galactic Center http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_Center and it is a swirling black hole surrounded by bright stars. Astronomers know this is where our universe was born. It is the belly button of the Milky Way and it is located in Sagittarius. And like a mother and child can attest, just because the umbilical cord is cut does not mean that the connection is finished. Astrophysicists know that faint pulses are coming out from the Galactic Center continuously-- the mother is still talking to us.
Sagittarius rules truth, beliefs and is the part of our chart where we raise our arrows up high, zero in on a target, and shoot. Sag is where we want to be our most authentic. It is optimistic and can see every goal as attainable. It is always raising its bar. It is no surprise that the mother would be talking to us from this encouraging sign.
Sag rules travel and freedom, it does not like to be tied down, it needs to get out and sew a few oats. No surprise that a sign that rules truth, travel and beliefs would also rule universities and publishing. Getting the word out, expanding our minds----wherever we have Sag in our chart is where we are stretching. The mother tells us, “You can do it.”
When misbehaving, Sag is too opinionated, bombastic, puts so much emphasis on truth that people get hurt. It can be an adventurer who disconnects from roots so greatly that those back at home are lonely and often feel judged. And Sag’s beliefs can blur into righteous zealotry. By the way, blind optimism without hard work is nothing to be optimistic about. Asking wanderlust Sag to do follow up can be challenging. Think of senior students at universities, all full of themselves, lots of opinions and enthusiasm but will they follow through with those goals? Will they get the job done? Maybe, maybe not. The mother furrows her brow.
So, what does this New Moon in Sag mean? The Moon/Sun are making a beautiful trine with Uranus in Aries. Aries full of fire and energized by new horizons has a fine companion with Sag who says, “Yeah, let me put my goals on those new horizons right now!” Uranus is the planet of changes. During the 2010 Sag Lunar cycle Uranus was also pronounced and it was then that the revolutions in North Africa were activated. A revolution most certainly televised, twittered, face booked and benefited by all social medias—all things ruled by Uranus. What will be the revolutions this cycle? The mother will be talking to some.
In addition to the Sun/Moon trine with Uranus, Uranus turns direct on December 9 /10th. For the last five months we have been feeling the itch. The itch to change, break free, move, do something new and just differently. But because it has been retrograde, we have been unclear about how to do the changes, now with it turning direct we will begin to get an idea of the changes and how to do them. The mother gives some of us a road map.
In July, Uranus in Aries got very close to a square with Pluto in Capricorn. The gridlock in Washington spoke to the frustrations as one planet was demanding quick change and another planet was demanding something slow. Revolution versus evolution. Aries takes no hostages and is a warrior on all tasks; Capricorn is cautious and holds on to status quo. They almost squared each other but then they drifted and Uranus went back to the wood shed and whittled. Now on this Sag lunar cycle, Uranus turns direct and begin its journey to a big showdown with Pluto (June and September 2012). Of course, Pluto has been doing his own work in Capricorn and we will feel the tension grow in the coming months. Hypocrites will certainly be exposed more and more. The ramp up begins after December 10th. Personally, consider your life last July, you may be revisiting those underlying issues again in the spring and summer of 2012.
Of course we need to take a moment and think about this--What are the odds of Uranus turning direct in a lunar phase where he is making a trine with the Sun and the Moon? Small. Keeping our focus on new goals, stretching and learning are important to Uranus’ new direction. The mother is asking us to find what is authentic and to move on it. Will we follow the impulses that we feel? Can we be that authentic?
Being truthful and expressing our authentic nature may not be ‘easy said, easy done.’ The hurdles are the Sun/Moon squaring Neptune, Mars and Chiron. Neptune is illusive and does not put much weight in truth. It cares about creating and constructing worlds within worlds. Remember, Neptune is the god of the seas. He and his family of dolphins, fish, mermaids and everything else that swims live in a magical world. A world none of us see from shore. Of course no surprise, Neptune can also be a great faker. Illusions can be huge and in the final degree of Aquarius this square puts our Sag authentic goals up against our groups and likeminded causes. There may be a rub. Who is not telling the truth? Them or us? For the next twenty eight days we may see how we are not with the tribe that rings our bell, we may be changing our personal goals which don’t fit with our group. Perhaps we can’t fake something any longer. Or we just need more freedom. The mother is making us look at our friends.
Globally, there may be distortion either manmade by press (Sag) or organically grown within the groups themselves. It should also be noted that Neptune rules earthquakes (under the sea quakes in particular) so that could also be in the mix this cycle.
The square with Mars in Virgo will bring out frustrations and certainly the expression, “God is in the details” will be a difficult task. Insecurities will probably hit peaks and short tempers will be pronounced. And then finally the square with Chiron in Pisces will push us to stay connected to humans despite challenges. Cloistered priests, nuns, monks and others who take religious vows can live their religious lives easily in a monastery but what about the rest of us who must keep our spirituality intact while facing humans who hurt us all the time. For twenty eight days religion will be pushed, spirituality we’ll be tested, are we hypocrites or do we walk our talk? What is authentic in our spirituality? If our beliefs are distorted the mother will speak to us.
Adding more distortion to the cycle is Mercury retrograde. The Mercury retrograde started in the balsamic Scorpio phase a few hours before Sag New Moon. You can go here for a bit more on Mercury retrograde: http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/2011/11/mercury-turns-retro-this-week.html
Of course, you must, must, must think before you hit REPLY ALL. Double check who is CC’d. Watch any gossip you hear or pass on. You may regret it later.
Some people who are shy about their opinions can rally under a Mercury Sag retrograde. Finally saying something they have been wanted to say for a long time. Others who are comfortable shooting off their mouths may double down and really blast others. Or they could retreat and be a good listener this cycle. Perhaps taking on the role of shrink, priest or rabbi. And many who actually don’t spend a lot of time thinking about spirituality will feel compelled for these three weeks to ponder, “What is that thing bigger than me?” What is it telling me? Does it have something to do with making me more authentic? What is the mother telling us about our communication?
Sag will beckon us all to stretch. We may feel pushed, fatigued, distressed, annoyed and yet we have to get up and persevere. We may feel joy and optimism especially when we dare to think, “What if?” Do we have the cajones to continue to hold on to our dreams if someone comes up and spits on them? Do we let other’s opinions shatter us? Why? Do we know how to smile and show grace under fire? And where do we need freedom? How can we be more authentic to others and more importantly to self? What is mother telling you?
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: Where do you need more freedom? How are you authentic? What is real for you? What does your life look like if you are no longer afraid to show the real you? How are you walking your talk? What seeds can you plant that take you on a new path that raises the bar in your life?
11/26: Venus in Capricorn http://cafeastrology.com/articles/venuscapricorncompatibility.html
11/26: Venus/Uranus . Tough aspect, love versus revolution. Or maybe love of revolution. Change is in the air.
11/27: Venus/Jupiter: Joy of big. Love of things large. Expansion. Optimistic about love and values.
12/1: Venus/Pluto: Any bumps come up will ask you to consider this: What is the natural evolution of your values?
Crescent Moon Phase
November 28, 10:06am est
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What information are you getting that speaks to your executive abilities? What are you learning about your leadership skills? How are you using both sets of skills to plan your next moves that support the seeds you planted on New Moon?
12/1: Venus/Pluto: Any bumps come up will ask you to consider this: What is the natural evolution of your values?
12/2: Sun/Mars: Anger motivates action. Some bumps and scratches
First Quarter Moon
December 2, 4:52am EST
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take that expand your world? How are those actions based on something deep inside your psyche? What bridges can you make that speak to your spiritual nature? Where is spirit and how can it support the goals you planted on new moon?
12/4: Sun/Mercury: Accent on communication. Some good, some not good. How does it connect with your goals on New Moon?
12/5: Venus/Mars: Good energy to follow passions and values. Energy flows easily.
December 6, 7:36am EST
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
Focus on: How is your fiery nature being harnessed? How have you neglected the part of you that wants to be first? Are you neglecting the benefit of doing things by yourself? How would you benefit by just getting out and ‘doing it’ ?
12/10: Uranus turns direct 2:05am 00Aries 39 (see above)
Full Moon Phase
December 10, 9:36 am EST
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: How is your communication? How are you assimilating other people’s information? What is the news telling you? What are siblings telling you? What is going on with your neighborhood? How is gossip getting in the way? How can you connect with others that is light and fun but does not sacrifice truth?
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
12/13 Mercury turns direct 8:42pm est (see above)
Disseminating Moon Phase
December 14, 5:46am edt
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: Where do you feel brave in your heart? How are you sharing that with others? How do you feel generous, perhaps magnanimous? Can you share this with others? When you share your power with others does it empower them? How can this be a bridge in your life to expand your world?
Last Quarter Moon Phase
December 17, 2011 7:47pm
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
Focus on: What actions need precision, detailed oriented work? How can that work support expanding your world? What are you working on that needs micromanaging? Did you plant seeds on new moon that need more refined actions now? Are there any holes that need fixing?
12/18: Venus/Saturn: Accent on restrictions and loss and the unloved.
12/19: Sun/Saturn: Structures and building upon solid foundations.
12/20: Venus enters Aquarius http://cafeastrology.com/articles/venusaquariuscompatibility.html
12/20: Venus/Jupiter: Watch tendency to overreach. Moderation in everything!
12/21:Venus/Uranus: Unusual breakthroughs. Where can I feel “new”?
Balsamic Moon Phase
December 21 4:58am
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
We release control. We release false power. We release things or people who ‘own’ us. We accept death and rebirth and then release again.
12/21 Sun enters Capricorn. Your cap needs tenderness this birthday. It is your job to find out what kind of tenderness. Pour some tea and get it out of them.
12/21 Sun/Jupiter: Abundance, generous spirit, openings that speak to essence.
12/21 Sun/Uranus: Friction, rebellious, rubbing up against rules and want to breakout.
December 24 1:06pm EST - Capricorn New Moon –
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook