New Moon Articles by Tracy
Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
Gemini NEW MOON 2015
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? Every thought you take dictates your life. How is it going? Yeah, we all need tune ups and that is what we will be doing for 29 days.
Frost-Covered Trees Against Winter Skies
Gemini NEW MOON
June 16, 2015
25 Geo 07
First of all, letís give ourselves a round of applause for surviving the last Mercury retrograde. That was three weeks of a billion paper cuts every single bloody day. I canít believe we made it through, but some how we did. And luckily, this New Moon; Mercury, Geminiís ruling planet will be in direct motion (Thank you, Spirit).
As an astrologer I find that people donít want to hear much about Mercury. Yes, a few people will ask a question about communicating or writing and I will go directly to Mercury but for the most part people want to know about love and money and (putting the houses aside) those are Venus issues. They want to know about power, a Pluto issue. They want to know about family or emotions and that is a Moon issue. They want to know about sex, that is Pluto and sometimes Mars. They want to know about changes, that is Mars and Uranus. They want to know about career and that is Saturn. They want to know about self-confidence, that is Sun. They push astrologers around with their questions into all kinds of corners but they donít really ask about the issues of Mercury. Donít get me wrong, astrologers will always take the conversation to Mercury but clients donít usually go there on their own. And that is a shame. Because how the brain thinks dictates all of the above. And brain and thinking is Mercury. Kind of a big deal, right? We would be smart to pay a little more attention to our thinking during this Gemini lunar cycle. After all our thinking says a lot about us.
During the 29- day Gemini cycle we are given the gift of overhauling our thinking and our brains. If all the things we want and desire is hardware then we take the Gemini cycle to get our software working at an optimal level.
On this new moon chart, we pay close attention to Mercury since it is Geminiís ruling planet. In the chart, we see Mercury is in square to Neptune, opposed Saturn and semi square Uranus. Letís get this straight; Mercury in Gemini pretty much loathes Neptune in Pisces. I may be the only astrologer to say it quite that curtly but they all know Iím right. Neptune in Pisces is about intuition and feeling something. It is about things that are unworldly and canít be defined. And just when things do come into clarity Neptune in Pisces will melt it away. And Neptune in Pisces is always exploring issues around faith. Ooooo how this bugs Mercury in Gemini who uses logic to his advantage. How can one be logical if there is this pulse out there demanding that we use our intuition? How can Mercury in Gemini use things that are unworldly? And there is no place in Mercury in Gemini for Faith. Everything Neptune in Pisces is about simply does not compute to Mercury in Gemini. For 29 days watch and see when things are said or come up that defy logic. Watch how it bugs you. What happens when something is completely figured out and then suddenly it all melts into a puddle? What if something makes no sense and throws everything in a tizzy? What do you do? How does using logic limit you? Where is faith when your logic comes crashing? And when does too much faith look completely irresponsible? And donít forget Neptune in Pisces is good for deceit and Mercury in Gemini is good for a lie. Things will be harsh and people will retreat. And when people are too fuzzy people will leave. What does your brain do when you are confronted with passiveness? How is your reaction working or not working for you? What do you do when you are pushed to find faith? In the news there will be some rip roaring liars and cuckoo crazy stories. And there will be stories that can only be described as miracles. What do miracles do to your brain?
Mercury in Gemini opposed Saturn in Sag bounces between two worlds; the world of right now versus responsibilities that serve a bigger picture. Being flippant and shallow may feel good but it might not serve a long time goal. Sure it might make you happy to give someone a snappy answer to a stupid question. Those are always fun. But if that someone has a long memory they may hold it against you later and think you are not right for something that would really serve you. Watch the snaps for 29 days. And what is the bigger picture going on around you? Where does someone need to step up and take responsibility? And for sure, good luck to all the Peter Pans in the world who ride the coat tails of the responsible loved ones and friends. Check the news for famous Peter Pans getting bitch slapped.
Mercury semi-square Uranus is another mind bender. Rebellious thinking and harsh abrupt conversations could come up this cycle. Watch what makes you go cold. Watch what brings up weird, odd, eccentric thinking. Watch how brilliant thoughts canít even be communicated. More opportunity for snaps with this aspect as well. But more to the point take the energy of breakthroughs and break outs and how people talk about it but maybe donít do it. Interesting there was a prison breakout close to this aspect. Arenít we all wondering what that gal was thinking?
On June 14 Saturn who has been retrograde since March 14 will go back into Scorpio. As you all remember in the end of 2012 Saturn went into Scorpio, it was there through 2014. Then it went into Sag for a few months before it retrograded. It is now back in Scorpio for its final journey before it goes direct and leaves Scorpio on September 17. Letís go over this Scorpio agenda one more timeówe are talking about sex, debt, tax, legal stuff, crime, power, death and rebirth. We are talking about the parts of our life that are black and white. This sign is no day in the country but here is the good news, when Saturn is done with Scorpio we will get a real handle on sex issues primarily how important it is to us or not and how do we use it or deny it? We learn to figure out where we find empowerment. How is our legal stuff looking? And what is going on with our taxes? And most important of all, what needs to die and be reborn again? Especially, since Saturn in Sag and Pluto in Capricorn are in mutual reception meaning they are in each other ruling signs, we are purging the bullshit. Both physically and mentally.
If we all believed in coincidences and none of us do, it is interesting that in the Gemini cycle where we are getting our brains screwed in straight we are getting a lot of mental hurdles and we are getting rid of crap one more time, but this time with feeling as Saturn starts its final leg of Scorpio. After September 14 we wonít have Saturn in Scorpio for 27 years. Letís get our brains screwed in straight about our empowerment and get rid of the riff raff.
This is going to be a fast and furious 29 days. Mars conjunct the Sun and Moon will put us in high gear. We will all be racing. And our brains will be going even faster. Every day will feel like three weeks. Move fast. Be dexterous but more to the point, rewire your brain every day. Unplug and get out of your way. Relax and get out of your way. Get quiet and get out of your way. Do you see a theme? Great. Get out of your way and screw your head in a differently every single day. I will see you in July when we get to stop thinking and start emoting for Cancer New Moon.
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
June 16, 2015
25 Geo 07
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: What is going on with your thinking? How are you rewiring your brain? What do you need to do that is different? How are you too plugged in? How do you mindf*%k yourself? Where are you too malleable? Watch what your mind does for 29 days and ask, ďIs it working for me?Ē
Crescent Moon Phase
4:50 am EDT
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about your strength? What are you learning about being dramatic? What are you learning about being courageous? What are you learning about your creativity?
6/20: Saturn semisquare Pluto: Mutual reception. Overhaul resources. Fine tune power. Getting real about stuff that needs to be cut.
6/22: Jupiter trine Uranus. Unexpected door openings. Opportunities. Bridges to new roads appear. Creativity and newness accented.
First Quarter Moon
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take that speaks to your relationship? What actions can you take that bring balance? What action can you take that focus on partnership?
6/24: Mars enters Cancer
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ĎVirgoí like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasnít been neglected. Refine our actions.
What have you missed about finding your power? Where are you neglecting your power? What needs to die and be reborn? Are you missing it?
6/29: Venus trine Uranus: Unexpected love and money. Out of the blue joy and love. Change in values brings a boost. Resources appear unexpectedly.
7/1: Sun trine Neptune. Sensitivity around family. Faith and action hand in hand. Emotions and self-esteem are in alignment. Humanity causes highlighted.
Full Moon Phase
9 Cap 55
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Full Moon in Capricorn. Where are you in the world? How does hiding in the familiar hurt you out in the world? Where is your inner CEO? Where do you need to be an executive? Where do you need to step up and take care of business? Where do you need to put your emotions on freeze?
7/3: Mercury sextile Jupiter. Inspired thinking. Breaking out thoughts. Creativity. Strength. Mental potential meets full throttle drive.
7/5: Mercury sextile Venus: Fun conversations. Inspired conversations around money and love. Things feel fresh.
7/5: Mars semisquare Jupiter: Watch the action based on righteous beliefs. Could be problematic.
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big olí blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your community? How are members of your community of Ďlike-mindedí supporting you? And how are you sharing that support with others? How are others sharing their community with you? What practical support are you learning? How is technology supporting you? How are you sharing technology with others?
7/6: Sun oppose Pluto. Once a year aspect. Family vs Career. Out in the world or hiding at home. Are you emotionally satisfied by your position in the world? Is your home life completely satisfying?
7/8: Mercury in Cancer
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living ďThe serenity prayerĒ
God, grant me
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions are you taking that speak to you being independent? What actions can you take break into new territory? What actions can you take that speak to your self identity?
7/8: Mars trine Neptune. Inspired actions. Spiritual actions. Faith infused movements and doings.
Balsamic Moon Phase
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our flakiness. We release our non-committalness. We release our shallowness. We release our lies.
7/12: Sun square Uranus: Changes abound but they feel tough. Doing new things that bring out drive. Take care not to be reckless.
7/13: Mercury trine Neptune: Dreaminess. Inspired thinking. Melting mental knots.
7/13: Venus square Saturn: Cold love. Chilling values. Money and Love feel on the outs. Drama versus real power are at odds.
7/15: Mars oppose Pluto: Actions that access real power. Evolution pushes actions.
7/15: Mercury semi square Venus: Thinking overly colored by emotions. Fear of showing strength.
Cancer New Moon July 15 9:24pm EDT
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---ITíS A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 ĖďCan someone turn on the air, please?Ē
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook