New Moon Articles by Tracy
Pisces New Moon 2015
Pisces NEW MOON 2015
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? As those bumper stickers say, “Faith is a verb”….and you are driving behind that car with that sticker for 29 days.
A Majestic Rock Formation Resembling A Face Is Idealized By A Boy Who Takes It As His Ideal Of Greatness, And As He Grows Up, Begins To Look Like It.
Pisces NEW MOON
March 20, 2015
29 Pisces 27
And so here we are---we are at the sixth and final auspicious New Moon. For six months we have had either a new moon at zero degrees of a sign or at 29 degrees of a sign. It is either the beginning of the journey or the final moment of a journey. Last month we described the 29 degree Aquarius New Moon as a journey beginning on the edge of a desert about to enter a jungle. In this case with a new moon at 29 degrees of Pisces we are walking out of the ocean, waves crashing on our feet for the final time as we embark on our land journey. The ocean is behind us but we must remember what it is like to swim and float and take that memory with us for 29 days. With Pisces we aren’t fighting our way through this lunar cycle, we are floating through it.
The remarkableness of this New Moon is not just that it is at 29 degrees but within a few hours of the new moon the sun moves into Aries launching the Spring Equinox. Winter is behind us, it is time to get our spring in our step as we look for signs of renewal not just in the terrain of our outer world but also in our inner psyche. And for those in the southern hemisphere you are relieved to say goodbye to hot summer with its starkness and welcome the quiet and coolness of winter.
And finally this auspicious moon is also a Total Solar Eclipse. This is the first total eclipse of the sun since November 2013. We always have solar eclipses every year but they are usually partial. This Eclipse will be seen way, way north, outside of some people on Norwegian Islands it will be a solar eclipse primarily seen by artic caribou. But for the rest of us, what we don’t see is immaterial because we will all FEEL it. And just to add a little more panache to an already intense moon is the fact that it will be at the moon’s closest point to Earth making it a Supermoon. It will look very big and bright in the night sky. Catching all of our attention. And that is not an accident.
And then there is one more thing worth noting about this new moon and that is the fact that it is taking place four days after the final square of Uranus and Pluto. Oh, lord, the last ten days have not been easy. I may not be able to see you on the other side of this computer screen but trust me I know many of you feel like you have been in a car wreck in the last couple of weeks. It has been a stressful three years ever since Uranus and Pluto began their effed up dance in 2012. And the run up to the final aspect on March 16 was not for the meek. No kidding. But we are all here and I am happy to report that Uranus and Pluto have swung their partner for the final time and are now off the dance floor giving space to other planets to suck up some oxygen.
Do you think we need this New Moon for renewal? No kidding. Let’s all get down on our knees and show gratitude for this glorious Pisces New Moon. Even if it is at the final degree. We’ll take it!
What is this New Moon about? First of all imagine you are hot and tired and dirty and the only thing you want is a cool shower. That feeling of washing off the grime and yuck in the shower is exactly THIS New moon and lunar cycle. Pisces knows the importance of baptismal given it is the final water sign of the zodiac. It is also the final sign of the zodiac. The large journey we started last Spring with the Aries new moon (and Treasure Map) is in its final days. And now during this lunar cycle we seek reflection. For 29 days we will reflect upon things that are put in front of us. Is it a screaming child? An argumentative spouse? A conflict with a co-worker? Whatever pops up will ask us to be reflective. Pisces when they are good can be patient and will wait for an answer. The evolved Piscean energy knows to not judge things on the surface. Like the ocean that Neptune (Pisces’ ruler) has domain, there is a whole other world under the sea. Pisces knows how to coax out that world and is part of the reason why artists often have strong Piscean influences in their chart. Pisces can dream their reality. For 29 days, we will be served well if we get quiet and tune into an answer when we are perplexed. We may have to wait for a decision. Or we may go ahead and make a move, knowing that we are connected to a higher purpose. Pisces when it is evolved is highly spiritual and knows that they are part of some master story. At the very least, the humanitarian nature of Pisces is legendary. They aren’t just here for themselves. They are a part of bigger picture. Of course, the less evolved part of Pisces will avoid things, hoping they just ‘go away’. Sometimes they get lucky and others will do the work for them but often what they neglect grows into a real mess and then becomes a major issue. Unevolved Pisces can abuse booze and drugs and be negative, faithless and too connected to their powerlessness. Watch for stories in the next 29 days that show up in your life or in the world that speak to both the evolved and unevolved Piscean nature. In the meantime, get quiet and find your inner voice.
This New Moon the Sun and the Moon are in trine with Saturn adding support for our dreams. Creativity will be the answer for many questions. Saturn provides structure and works diligently when anything is put in front of it. For 29 days if there is any issue that comes up that feels so big you want to hide (which is so Pisces by the way) get quiet and use creativity…watch how the Universe will give you support in a concrete manner. Saturn is a gift to us all on this cycle. Later this year we will talk about Saturn and Neptune in square which is now cueing up since Uranus and Pluto have moved out of the scene. But in the meantime, let’s enjoy the beauty of Saturn working for us by giving us tools to do our own work.
Also, remember we are in the final 29 days before Treasure Map Aries New Moon on April 18. If you have not started to clear the clutter out of your house, do it now. Give away stuff. Take things that are broken to be fixed or take them to the trash. Clear the clutter out of your heart. If you are complaining about the same stuff over and over again---take Pisces 29 days to give it a break. God knows Pisces can harp on about stuff but why don’t you take the higher evolved part of Pisces and melt away the complaints. Just go on a complaint diet. Clear the clutter of people who don’t elevate your soul. I’m not saying you get rid of people who bug you. But maybe you can clear out the amount of time you spend with them. Put them on a diet of your time. Look at the clutter in all areas of your life and meditate, reflect a solution to change or clear it out so that you will be ready for Treasure Map New Moon next month.
On April 8, Jupiter turns direct having been retrograde in Leo since December. In the last four months have you learned about your strength? Have you learned about where you have a big mouth? Have you learned about religion? Have you learned about hypocrisy? What have you learned about cleaning up your side of the street? Jupiter will move out Leo and into Virgo this August. Virgo is a WAY different energy than Leo. Take everything you have learned about your strength and courage and self-esteem in the last four months and make it work for you. You only have about five months to reap the rewards of Jupiter in Leo. Take a moment on April 8th to feel your strength as loads up your psyche. Consider all the big projects you want to accomplish and know that Jupiter in Leo will serve you. And if you collected some bruises during the time Jupiter was retrograde, reflect on some missteps. Perhaps you put too many things on your docket thinking you could do it all and now you have come back to reality with humility in your heart and realize, ‘No I want to just accomplish ____ before August. “ Let’s help Jupiter make it all good.
In conclusion: It is important to be reflective. It is important to find a way to speak to your psyche. It is important to find your faith. You agreed to be born and be on this planet with the rest of us slobs. Yeah, we bug, but you love us, we make you laugh, we make you excited when your phone rings, we show up for you, you show up for us, this is LIFE and it is okay to be as they say, a spiritual being having a human experience. Take these 29 days and get your humanness on.
See you in April for the Aries New Moon and the launch of our 2015 Treasure Map!
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: Where are you being reflective? How are you learning to float? How are you using faith and spirituality daily? How are you being quiet but still engaged? How are you aware that you are connected to a bigger picture? Can you release your powerlessness for 29 days?
3/22: Mercury Sext. Pluto: Rebirth of thinking. Renewal conversations. Mental Breakthroughs
Crescent Moon Phase
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about your money? What are you learning about your valuables? What do you really ‘value’? What are you learning about how you are valued…or not? What are you learning about taking things bit by bit by bit. What are you learning about what you need to build bit by bit? What are you learning about your stubbornness?
3/24: Venus Sext Neptune: Personal love and humanity love are in sync. Inspiration and creativity work together. Fun in faith and love.
3/25: Sun tri. Saturn: Structures that support positive growth all in place. Work that builds up Self Esteem.
First Quarter Moon
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can you take that support your family? What actions can you take that support your emotional growth? What actions can you take that support your inner warm & cozy? Where are you presenting a hard shell? Is it working for you?
3/27: Venus Sq. Jupiter. Try to close your wallet. Watch for ego bruises. If someone is blustery and steps on you, remember your self esteem not your ego. What is more important to draw upon? Your self esteem, Silly.
3/30: Mercury enters Aries
3/30: Venus tri Pluto: Rebirth of love. Money gets renewed. Inner value is confirmed. Outer successes are a direct response to inner shifts.
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What have we missed about our strength? Have we checked in with our self esteem? Have we found our courage to be brave? Where have we slighted our courage? Where have we been staying small even when it is not helping us? What are we learning about our faith by being strong? Or what have we learned about our lack of faith by being small?
3/31: Mars enters Taurus
Full Moon Phase
April 4, 2015
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Where are your partners? Who are your partners? Yes, your spouse may be one but what about the other partners? The partner with whom you share your yuckies or the partner you share your goals? The partner who really gets you? And where are you a partner? For whom are you somone’s touchstone? Is everything BALANCED? If not, well, prepare to get a lunar chiropractor adjustment.
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
4/5: Sun Square Pluto: There are two of these a year. Our egos get punched a bit. What do we need to shed in order to grow? Why are we still hanging on to outdated behavior? Where is our aggression masking our fear?
4/6: Mercury tri Jupiter: Big thinking. Big blustery conversation. Swear words abound. But under it all is a lot of merriment.
4/6: Sun con. Uranus: Big weirdness. Big curious. Big odd. Finding our inner uniqueness makes us stronger. And yeah, we are just that brilliant.
4/7: Mercury sq Pluto: Watch the big edicts coming out of your mouth. If you aren’t doing the real work of changing your thinking then you are a blowhard. Stop it.
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your visions? How are you sharing your ‘inner teacher’? How are you sharing teachable moments with people in your life that aren’t just children? How is someone sharing with you a teachable moment? How is righteousness and prejudice slopping into your world or out of your mouth?
4/8: Jupiter turns direct 12 Leo 35. See above
4/8: Mercury con Uranus: Breakthrough thinking that supports self- determination. Communicating in a different manner. Brilliant and cuckoo thoughts are pronounced.
4/10: Sun con Mercury: Elevated thinking. Thinking from Self Esteem not ego. Inspirational conversations. Our brains are moving quick. On hyper drive.
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions can you take that rely on faith and at the same time make support your career? Or support your place out in the world? How are you hiding in your house or in your family? Family is great but you are also a part of the greater world are you doing your best to honor that part of your life? What is your inner CEO telling you? How are you judging other people who are successful? Is it a fair judgment or is it a judgment to keep you ‘small’?
4/12: Mars sex. Neptune. Inspired actions. Actions based on faith. Fun actions. Play. Creativity highlighted. Actions based on humanitarian motivations excel.
4/15: Venus opp Saturn: Love, money, creativity and values feel stressed and challenged. Who is pointing out the weakness? Where are they right? Where are they wrong? Can you take this energy and fix stuff?
Balsamic Moon Phase
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our inner martyr. We release our ‘victimness’. We release our ‘crazy’. We release the part of us that feels like a small cog in a huge machine. We release our over merged side.
4/17: Mars square Jupiter. Rigidity that may or may not serve is challenged. Where are you hanging on to ego? Where are you being pushed to get up off your ass and do something big? Where is someone’s low self-esteem getting all over you. What actions can you take to shut that nonsense down?
Aries New Moon April 18 2:57pm EDT ….. This is the Treasure Map Moon
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook