New Moon Articles by Tracy
Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
Capricorn NEW MOON 2014
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 29-day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? You have goals. You put them on your Treasure Map. Now is the time to get serious about your goals and your place in the world.
An Indian Chief Claims Power From The Assembled Tribe
CAPRICORN NEW MOON
December 21, 2014
0 Capricorn 6
And here we are again with a Zero degree New Moon. As in last month, this is a gift because we have the opportunity to get full value of every degree and the lesson presented by the sign every day of the 29-day cycle.
Because this Capricorn New Moon is happening on the run up for Christmas it could get lost in the frenzy. That would be a shame. This is a potent new moon not just because it is at the zero degree but also given that it happens a couple hours after the Solstice and it happens a few hours after Uranus turned direct.
The Universe is getting our attention—let’s not miss it.
Capricorn asks us to conserve and to be practical. Capricorn does not like nor respect anything airy-fairy. It does use visions but it wants a game plan on how to turn that vision into something real. It wants to get serious about stuff.
On a gut level people who don’t even know anything about astrology are drawn to make resolution lists during this cycle. They feel compelled to get serious about something. Getting ‘serious’ is what makes Capricorn tick. Of course, you and I all know that we build Treasure Maps in Aries (spring) to set our goals. And actually, Capricorn new Moon is when we begin final actions based on the seeds we planted during Aries. We have three months to get the results that we want. So, yes, we use the seriousness of the Capricorn energy but we don’t bother with resolutions unless they are in sync with seeds planted in Aries.
On Cap New Moon take out your Treasure Map and look at your goals and visions. What is working? What is not? Don’t beat yourself up but recommit to those visions and goals. And also release the things that no longer make sense. Back in the spring you may have been flush with a goal that felt so ‘right’ and now it seems misguided. Great. No longer give it any energy. And if you have goals on that map that seem far from results, plant some energy now that supports those goals. For example, and this is an easy one. If you have weight loss on your map and you are not at your goal, then why don’t you down load a Weight Loss App on your phone. Or go to a OA meeting? Or do something that stirs the pot in a practical level on this New Moon.
Can you see why it is frustrating to have a New Moon in Capricorn while people are running around like crazy people getting ready for Christmas?
I hope everyone can slow down, breathe and take a moment to reflect on those powerful goals they set in April.
Capricorn knows the value of hard work. Capricorn knows the value of sacrifice. There is no sign on the planet that understands this phrase more than Cap: “LESS IS MORE.” Where do you have a lot of mediocrity in your life? Consider getting rid of it. Even if not all of it, start the work now bit by bit to unload the mediocre.
SATURN IS THE WORD, IS THE WORD, IS THE WORD
Last cycle Jupiter the ruling planet of Sagittarius reversed direction in Leo during the Sag cycle. That was a pretty potent movement. And globally we saw Sony Studios deal with the melee for sure. Now, this cycle we have got Saturn the ruling planet of Capricorn move out of Scorpio into Sagittarius on December 23rd. This is no small movement. At all. Let’s take a second to talk about Saturn. Saturn is in a sign for about two and half years. Saturn has been in Scorpio since fall of 2012. Ask yourself what you have been about during the last two years? What has happened to your joint resources? How about taxes? How about legal matters? Have you invested in anything that can last a long time? What about your sex life? Did it need to be improved upon? And arguably the most important question: “Where di you cut your losses and move on?” Where have you been pissing away your energy and where are you now no longer willing to do it? If you are confused on the pissing away stuff, we will have Saturn retrograde back into Scorpio next summer for one last time. That is when we can clarify and clean up stuff. Remember Scorpio is about ‘death and rebirth’. Something must die in order to be reborn. But before we get to next summer we are going to get Saturn in Sag starting on December 23. Outside of the brief retrograde in Scorpio next year, Saturn will be in Sagittarius until December 19, 2017. That is a long haul. The last time we had Saturn in Sag was 1985-1988. The time before that was in between 1957-1959. Please note, that in that 57-59 window the Cuban Revolution began to take shape. How interesting that here we are on the verge of Saturn in Sag and Cuba is in the news again in a big way. Wait until they get new technology revolution. That will probably kills Castro more than any exploding cigar.
But putting the global piece to the side what does Saturn in Sag mean for us personally? Saturn in Sag is an odd mix. For sure. Sagittarius can see the glass half full. But Saturn never sees a half full glass. Unless the glass is filled with hard work. Which Saturn likes. Saturn wants discipline and practical application to anything it sets its sights on. Sag is about being broad and looking out at the world in general. When Sag is highly processed it can find a bridge to any group and figure out a way to access it. It will see something as ‘foreign’ and bring it into the fold. When Sag is unprocessed and blocked it is righteous and a bigot. It thinks its side is the ‘right’ side and has no tolerance for another point of view. Yeah, unprocessed Sag is just the life of the party---Not.
During Saturn in Sag we should expect a bunch of crazy rhetoric. Polarizing comments, for sure. Probably a lot of religious nuts will take up a lot of oxygen. But at the same time quietly off to the side we will also see some good hard working people getting shit really done. People will not being talking their talk, they will be walking their talk.
What are your goals and visions for your life? The next two years we be about processing something new. There is no way Saturn in Sag will be satisfied with the same old same old. In many ways, we should all be grateful that Saturn is in Sag. If you have been sick and tired of hypocrites, well get a seat down front and watch their asses get kicked.
If people who have inspired others have been off to the side just poking along doing their life, don’t be surprised if they are called upon to be new leaders. Those people who say they are going to do something and actually do it, will be rock stars.
Things that are ‘foreign’ will be highlighted along with sports, religion and education. Oh, Nellie will education be in the news. I don’t even know where to begin to talk about that piece. Also journalism will be having a “come to Jesus” moment. It is again, worth noting that the seriousness of the Sony story may have looked like frivolous emails going global, but at the end of the day websites who printed those emails were printing gossip. Stolen gossip no less.
Stuff passing for journalism will be challenged. And how are you communicating in the world? Will Saturn in Sag make you think before you speak? Everyone should look at their natal chart and see which house will get transiting Saturn. Know that you will be getting serious about those things ruled by that house. Go to this link for descriptions of Saturn house transits.
On the new moon chart the Sun and Moon are in Capricorn along with a conjunction with Mercury. And Pluto in Capricorn is also in conjunction with Mercury. This is intense but we are up for the intensity. For 29 days our thoughts will be about things that are important. We aren’t interested in silly. We long for important conversations. Conversations that inspire evolution. During these 29 days, no one on God’s green earth has time for complainers. During this cycle we are interested in doing stuff that moves us up the ladder or moves others who are important to us up the ladder. And by the way, what that ladder is, is defined by you. Is the ladder a better job? Fine. Is that ladder better relationships with family? Fine. Is that ladder a different place in the world? Fine. Whatever is the ladder is not important, but moving up that ladder is critical. And even if you don’t have success in 29 days, doing the work towards that success is what is the lesson.
In conclusion: It is time to put yourself out in the world. It is time to get practical about your long term goals. It is time to be bigger. It is time to be responsible for you place in the universe. It is time to be serious about who you are and how you lead others. It is time to be on time.
See you on the other side in Aquarius and have a very Merry Christmas.
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
December 21, 2014
0 Capricorn 7
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: Who are you in the world? Are you as big as you know you could be? How are you hiding? Why? How can you be practical about the goals you set with your treasure map? Get on with it, now.
12/23 Saturn moves into Sagittarius (see above)
12/24 Mercury sq Uranus: Chaotic conversation. Abrupt talk. Rough conversation. Tough rhetoric.
12/24 Mercury con Pluto. Conversation that is highly purposed. Thoughts on how to evolve out of a situation ASAP. The brain feels like it is in war.
Crescent Moon Phase
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about your friends? What are you learning about your groups of like-minded people? Do you even have any? As you build towards the vision of who you want to be in the world, how are your friends supporting that vision?
12/26: Venus semisq Neptune: Illusions around love and resources. Balance your check book before you spend anything! If people are telling you something that sounds too good to be true—wait a few days and see if it still makes sense.
12/26: Sun sext Neptune. Fun and inspired. Practical application to faith.
First Quarter Moon
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions can YOU take to build up your career and your place in the world? Not someone else, but YOU? How are you carving your own way? What is your agenda? What actions are your taking that break you out from the old patterns?
12/29 Mercury semisq Neptune: Things that are said may not be true. Tread very carefully.
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
1/1: Mars opp Jupiter: Actions for others versus actions for others is challenged. Who is behaving selfishly? Who is behaving altruistically? And are either of them right? Are either of them wrong? How to find balance can be challenging.
How are you communicating the ‘new you’ ? How are you communicating the you who living their vision of who they are in the world? What are others telling you? How are you refining your communication?
1/3 Venus in Aquarius
1/3: Sun sq Uranus. Breakthroughs and breakouts feel thwarted. Evolution versus revolution. No one is giving in.
1/3: Sun con Pluto: How are you evolving? Looking at your life can you see the changes you must make to survive?
1/4 : Venus sext Saturn. Being practical about love actually is fun.
1/4 Mercury in Aquarius
Full Moon Phase
January 4 2014
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: This full moon is focused on emotions. How do your emotions take you up and take you down? What is the impetus? What activates those emotions? Is it important? Or is it misguided? How do your emotions help you? How do they hurt you?
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
1/6 : Sun semisq Saturn: Frustrations that block goals and visions. Perhaps it is a gift to slow you down?
Disseminating Moon Phase
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your daily support? How are you sharing your daily habits? How are you sharing your ability to focus on details? How are you sharing good work habits? How are you sharing your ability to cross Ts and dot I’s?
1/9 Mars semisq Uranus. Annoying upsets that push buttons. Actions with others versus changes in self.
1/10. Mars semisqu Pluto. Actions for others upsets the status quo.
1/10. Sun semi squ Neptune . Illusions are in play. Not everything is what it seems.
1/12 Mars in Pisces
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
God, grant me
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions can you take that speak to your relationships? What actions can you take to find balance? What actions can you take that include your partner?
1/14: Merc sext Uranus: Fun, joyful, mentally stimulating, break throughs. Faith and fun together.
1/14: Mars sq Saturn: Actions without inspiration. Actions without goals. Righteousness without faith. Stay out of the way of Blowhards.
Balsamic Moon Phase
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on We release our goals. We release our big opinions. We release our righteousness. We release our hypocrisy.
1/19: Mars con Neptune. Spirit and actions are hand in hand. Putting Faith to work.
1/20: Sun in Aquarius
AQUARIUS NEW MOON 1/20 8:13AM EST
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook