New Moon Articles by Tracy
Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
Capricorn New Moon 2013
By Tracy Cook
Many years ago I studied lunar phases with Robert Buz Myers. It is my hope that he would be proud of my work today. Blessings to you, Buz!
What is a New Moon?
A new moon is the beginning of a 28 day cycle. Technically, when you look up in the sky you only see a thin section of the moon illuminated.
And the not so technical point of view?
Well, similar to farmers and indigenous people, who have used the eight phases of the moon for eons, astrologers also utilize the different phases of the Moon. Certainly on the New we know it is time to plant seeds. But the other seven phases are equally important.
Where should my focus be during this next 28-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 28 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? How much nonsense is going on your life? It is time to get practical, realistic and sack up. You are ready for the changes that you want. No excuses in this cycle.
New Moon Phase
Jan 11 2013 13
2:43 pm EST
21 Cap 45
By Accepting Defeat Gracefully, A General Reveals Nobility Of Character
CAP NEW MOON
Happy New Year and Happy Capricorn New Moon. After 28 days of Sag merrymaking we are ready and quite desirous of Capricorn sobriety.
Capricorn is the final earth sign in the zodiac. During Capricorn, in the northern hemisphere the earth is frozen and in the southern hemisphere the earth is parched dry. In either case the earth needs hard work to be productive. Thus this is a 28- day cycle where we relish work, focus and drive.
The tone of this period is of course determined by the chart of the new moon and in this case, the Sun and Moon at 22 degrees Cap have got Mercury right next to them forming a conjunction. Also in Capricorn (at earlier degrees) is Venus and Pluto—At four planets in Cap this new moon, do you think the Universe wants us to get our pragmatism on?
During Sagittarius cycle we percolated goals and desires and now during Capricorn we put flesh and bones on them. Yes, Capricorn rules bones. It is not good enough for us to just talk about stuff or dream about stuff we now feel responsible to take care of our goals.
Years ago I visited Graceland, the home of Elvis Presley and was humored when the docent pointed to a photo of one of Elvis’s planes that had “TCB” written on the tail. She explained ‘TCB’ stood for Elvis’s catch phrase, “Taking Care of Business.” I chuckled since I was probably the only person in the group who knew Elvis was a Capricorn. For 28 days TCB is the catch phrase for all of us.
The Capricorn energy is hard working. It can be somber, sober, serious, how about those three s’s? It is not a lightweight energy. It is here on this planet to be productive. It is also a natural leader. Capricorn is sensible and given he is a goat and lives high up on the mountain, he is all about putting everything into a big picture. Where others are happy building widget X, Capricorn will build widget X only if he is certain that everyone around him wants widget X. He has to see a point to it. Then once he gets X going, he will promote it, organize the best way to get it to everyone and of course make plenty of cold hard cash. Not surprising Capricorn is connected to big business and government.
There is a lot of energy on all of us this cycle to be self-reliant and find our mettle. What do we do when we hit a speed bump? Do we give up on our dreams? How disciplined are we when we are pursuing our long-range goals? This is the lunar phase where we find our inner CEO and put him/her in charge of our life. There are parts of all of our lives that can only be described as lame. And that is fine, nothing to be ashamed about since we all have them. But if that lame area is keeping you back from your long-range desires then use your inner CEO to fire your lameness.
Capricorn energy is practical. Arguably one of the most practical signs. It resonates with common sense. For the next 28 days where is your common sense? And can you use common sense to address any issue that comes up? My husband and I recently saw a couple we know and the husband who is a Capricorn had taken six month to lose thirty five pounds. I asked him how he did it and he said, “I go to the gym, do one hour on a treadmill, eat a fiber bar for lunch and a sensible dinner. The end. “ That was it. A very non complicated approach with big results. A perfectly Capricorn solution. Not high falutin’ just simple and matter of fact. We would all be wise to approach things in our life with a no nonsense approach.
A Nod From The Nodes
Adding to this lunar phase is an uplifting aspect between the Sun & Moon and the nodes. They too are sending a message that asks, “What invigorates me?” “What makes me feel alive and real?” “How can I be very practical and empower myself? And probably more to the point, “Why am I even on this planet and how can I live a life that has real meaning every day?”
Yeah, I know these seem like deep questions but this is a cycle where we can handle that kind of depth. Our answers will speak to us. Even if we don’t exactly ask those questions we should be prepared for things to come up that inspire that kind of thinking. Remember, Mercury the ‘thinking’ planet is on top of the Sun and Moon. Our brains will be working hard this cycle.
On January 30, Jupiter who has been retrograde since October will station direct. When the retrograde began, Jupiter was at 17 degrees Gemini and now here it turns direct at 7 degree. Practically back at the beginning. We have had a lot of hot air since Jupiter went into Gemini last summer and we should expect more hot air when it turns direct. But it is possible we have learned a little since fall until the 30th, during the retrograde period.
Jupiter is the biggest planet and doesn’t do things small. Jupiter rules laws and Gemini connects dots. Jupiter also rules teachers and schools and may be part of the reason why Sandy Hook has left a deep mark on the psyche of the world. Now there is a battle brewing over guns in the USA. The discourse will be great during Jupiter’s continued movement in Gemini.
Once it turns direct it will begin his final journey through Gemini and then in June he moves into Cancer for an ENTIRELY different experience. By the way, that’s when the real battle begins. But in the meantime we owe it to ourselves to make the most out of Jupiter in Gemini. How are we expanding our connections? How are we reaching out and meeting new people or putting ourselves in new situations? How are we expanding our discussions? How are we expanding our intellect? Globally, newspapers both print and cyber will be tuned up during Jupiter’s transition. Gossip is still a high priority for many media outlets and it is hard to imagine that spigot shutting down but next month on the Aquarius New Moon there will be a square between Mars (in Pisces) and Jupiter, which could focus on the destructive side of gossip, religion, zealots and nuts in general.
But back to the rest of us, let’s use Jupiter to our advantage. Perhaps we reach out to people we never normally reach out to and share some stuff that is going on with us. We may be surprised what insights we get back that we never considered. That, my friends is the gift of Jupiter. Go expand your world and get those gifts.
Pluto & Venus & Uranus
On the new moon Pluto and Venus are on top of each other. This speaks to values. In particular making changes that empower our values. For those people who have planets at 8-10 degrees of Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn you do not need me to tell you your values are being tested. You feel it. You want things to mean something. You want to wake up each morning and know you are doing significant work (ah there is that Capricorn word again). While Venus is on top of Pluto we still have Uranus and Pluto at odds with each other (until 2015). The war between these two planets is between holding up the traditional, old school way of doing things versus using a giant eraser and wiping out everything old with one big swipe and starting clean. Venus is coy and does know how to negotiate. Pluto overhauls anything it touches. This 28 day cycle we may find ourselves negotiating in a different way. Things that are important to us and are close to the heart may compel us to negotiate or prioritize in a different manner. If we have been passive aggressive about stuff this cycle may bring out our more black and white nature. If we have been black and white in the past we may pull it back and be more discreet or perhaps more grey and in the middle. Whatever we do it will come from a practical place. We just can’t manipulate ourselves any longer. If we have been filling our heads with wild conspiracies about why our values are not being realized, we will have a much different take this cycle. Those excuses for living a less authentic life will feel exactly like what they are—excuses.
Saturn is in The House
With Capricorn lunar phase we need to look at Saturn and in this chart Saturn squares Mars, trines Chiron and sextile Pluto. There will be challenges this cycle, Mars is a bit of a brute and Saturn is rigid and cold. Rock meet hard place. Globally we’ll see in the news someone pushing big and someone not budging. Sigh. But somewhere in that crap Chiron and Pluto will find a pony. Frustrations will be great but we’ll come out of it knowing more about ourselves.
A good ol’ laugh.
For as serious as the Cap energy can be, it is also very funny. Gallows or dark humor for sure but definitely Cap brings out a wry dry wit. We should expect some dark but humorous thoughts this cycle. You may or may not say them but they will crawl through your brain. Especially with a chart that has such a pronounced Mercury. Mercury is always looking for a fresh angle. We will be looking to our humorists to make us laugh. Matter of fact comedy will just feel right. Capricorn is a driver and a pusher and it can feel like we are pushing up a bolder up the mountain, the best place for us to find a vent for all our tension is through humor. You will be surprised at some of the stuff that makes you laugh.
This is a beautiful cycle. There is something so beautiful about sacking up and being responsible. There is something so beautiful about using common sense to fix a problem. There is something so beautiful about knowing that problems are real, solutions are not always easy but there is a way out if we just use hard work, discipline and common sense. This is our life for 28 days. Make each day beautiful and you will be astounded by how much you can accomplish by the end of this cycle.
The 8 phases
New Moon Phase
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
Focus: Where do you need to bring out your inner CEO? What do you need to produce? Where do you need to be a leader in your own life? How can you connect with others and bring out the best in everyone? What is the practical solution to any of your problems? What dark thing makes you laugh?
1/12 Venus/Uranus: Financial and love tension. Creativity and technology at war with each other.
Crescent Moon Phase
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What information are your receiving that speaks to your mystical side? What are you hearing that supports your faith? What is your intuition telling you? What is the value of fantasy? What do your dreams tell you?
1/16: Venus/Pluto: Overhaul finances. Overhaul love. Overhaul resources. Feeling impotent. The caterpillar must die for the butterfly to die.
1/17: Venus/Saturn: Structure and focus dominates love, finances and creativity.
1/18: Sun/Mercury: Illumination of executive abilities. Our inner CEO’s are emerging.
1/19: Mercury enters Aquarius http://astrology.about.com/od/mercury/p/MercuryAquarius.htm
1/19: Sun enters Aquarius. Take your Aquarian friend some place weird or goofy. Make a fun day of it. They will remember it.
First Quarter Moon
January 18 6:45pm EST
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that speak to your independence? What actions can you take that bring out your inner warrior? What actions can you take that put you out on the horizon? What actions can you take that make you a leader?
January 22 10:18 pm
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
What are you figuring out in terms of communication? What do you say to others and what do the say to you? How does it impact your goals? How do you process information? Does it shift your goals?
1/22: Mercury/Uranus: Inspired. Brilliant ideas populate our day. Dynamic breakthroughs. Creativity liberates.
1/22 Mercury/Jupiter: Opportunities appear. Mentally inspired, a day of enlightenment.
1/24: Sun/Uranus: Creativity. Groups of like minded people are energized and welcoming visionary breakthroughs.
1/25: Mercury/Saturn: Rigid thinking, brittle thoughts. A price paid for inflexibility. Feeling stuck.
1/25:Sun/Jupiter: Expansive, opportunities. Stretching and welcoming in new people and energies.
Full Moon Phase
December 26 11:38pm EST
7 Leo 24
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Accent this moon is on being strong. Being proud. Being creative. Ego versus self esteem. Which is stronger in your life? How does it support or tear down your goals?
See my blog for more on full moon. http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/
1/30 Jupiter turns direct 6 Gemini 20 (see above)
1/30: Sun/Saturn: Frustrations. Feeling powerless. Sometimes it is better to just stop and wait before doing anything more.
January 30 6:49pm EST
Disseminating Moon Phase
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: Share with others issues of pride? What gives you pride? What gives others pride? Are there common themes? Where are you receiving information that strengthens your resolve to reach your goals?
2/1: Mars enters Pisces
2/1: Venus enters Aquarius
Last Quarter Moon Phase
February 4, 10:58a EST
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
Focus on: What actions can you do that will support your plans? What final push can you take that speaks to your executive ability and empowers you? What losses do you need to take so that you can win a greater prize?
2/4: Mars/Neptune: Feelings are strong and bring action. Religion and spirituality are focused. Psyche calls us to do something. Unleashing energy from the spiritual side.
2/5: Mercury enters Pisces http://astrology.about.com/od/mercury/p/MercuryPisces.htm
2/6: Venus/Uranus: Creativity, love, finances are giving an electric bolt. Dynamic energy. Things are changing.
2/6: Mercury/Neptune: Spirituality and prayer inspire communication. Something greater than us permeates our thinking.
Balsamic Moon Phase
February 6, 6:26p EST
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on Where are you too focused on status? How are you elevating your position in the world? Is it accurate? How are you a snob? How is it cutting you out of a whole experience or people? Drop it now so you can be energized for Aquarius New Moon
2/7: Venus/Jupiter: Beliefs and faith are supported by resources. Resources are supported by beliefs, faith.
2/8: Mercury/Mars. Quick movements, energetic thinking inspired, faith and spirituality focused.
2/9: Mercury/Jupiter: a world moving so fast and brains going so quickly it is like we are all ADHD. Difficult to quiet the mind. Comments can be scattered.
AQUARIUS NEW MOON FEBRUARY 10TH 2:30AM EST
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook