New Moon Articles by Tracy
Capricorn New Moon 2018
Capricorn NEW MOON 2018
By Tracy Cook
Where should my focus be during this next 29-day cycle?
When we draft a chart for the new moon we can get a sense of the energy that will be up for processing for the next 29 days.
Okay what is this cycle about? The operative word is: Time. Now is the time to tackle the stuff that needs tackling—oh, and you can smile about it, too.
Pilgrims climbing the steep steps leading to a mountain shrine.
Capricorn New Moon
January 16, 2018
26 Capricorn 54
Treasure Map Tune In
Before we get into New Moon--one quick shout out to everyone who did Treasure Maps last April. We are now beginning the final three months. Many of you have had a lot of accomplishments and during these final months you can expect more. Some of you are concerned that you have not had as much success as you hoped. Do not lose heart. A lot can happen this final phase. One year I had the bulk of my map realized in the last five weeks of the Treasure Map year. The Universe is funny that way. Also--please take the time now to declutter your house, your car, your office your brain. By decluttering and getting rid of the broken down things and thoughts you will be ready for the new Treasure Map in April.
The Sea Goat
Welcome to Capricorn New Moon. After 29 days of fiery, combustible, right on the edge of carny Sagittarius—I welcome with open arms the Capricorn lunar cycle and New Moon. Yes, Universe, please put some dirt on my fire, I’m exhausted. The truth is the zodiac is laid out sensibly and we need the final earth sign to help galvanize our final fire energy into something productive.
Capricorn is the goat and is the smallest constellation in our zodiac situated in the “sea & water” area of the sky next to Aquarius (the water bearer) and Pisces (the fish). Although, Capricorn is the head and body of a goat his rear is a fishtail. Capricorn is a goat born from a sea. It is not just the mountainous heights that deft Capricorn can navigate it is also the deeper unconscious nature he can find within which gives birth to his actions. This 29 day lunar cycle will give us an opportunity to access the gifts of both the head and tail of Capricorn if we are tuned in.
The head speaks to our focus on practical results, concrete accomplishments. In our 21st century world the head is pretty easy to, hold for it---- wrap our head around. “Let’s get a bunch of accomplishments,” says the goat head. But the fish tail rooted in the sea speaks to something equally important and that is motivations rooted in our unconscious nature. Let’s face it if you are doing something and you are doing it with a lot of focus and passion it is good now and then to ask, “Why?” That answer can be found in the unconscious where feelings flow and can’t be forced and are difficult to explain. This is the part of us that wakes up and we just know we need to do something. Or we need to do something in a different manner. We are inspired from a source deep within us. And if we are paying attention we will follow the voice and see what heights it takes us. The sea goat has a head for practicality and a tail for deep nuanced feelings ---if he uses it. This is the gift and challenge for Capricorn who frequently resist their softer intuitive side and instead focus on cold (as a witches you know what) and acquiring titles, things, status and of course can have their mind on their money and their money on their mind. Thank you, Snoop Dogg with your Capricorn Midheaven for reminding us that Cap can get lost when it pursues money at the sacrifice of other experiences or feelings that are at least as important as money if not more.
This Cap New Moon
This new moon Capricorn chart has a very tight conjunction with Venus and it could be a real gift for us to access our unconscious this 29-day cycle. The softer Capricorn could be out this cycle more than previous years. There is also a rough square with Uranus in Aries in the chart that will no doubt shake up the cycle with out-of- the blue encounters, moments or situations. The Sun was at exact square with Uranus on January 14th and the day before on the 13,th the people in Hawaii received an alert that a missile was heading for them. For 30 minutes they thought it was the end of world---it turned out to be a mistake but those poor people will never get that half hour of hell back. Thanks, Uranus for getting our attention that perhaps it is time for a new testing system. Uranus has a way of messing things up so we can think again and not just do stuff out of habit. Uranus HATES habitual behaviors. We should not expect wall- to- wall Uranus mischief for 29 days but we should just not be shocked or surprised if some out-of- the blue incidents come up both globally and personally which send us to our tail for instincts and head for solutions.
Also, in the new moon chart the Sun and Moon sextile Mars in Scorpio and Chiron in Pisces, which will strengthen the need to ‘act on instincts’. In the old days before astronomers discovered Pluto, Mars was the original ruler of Scorpio so he is at home in this deep -water sign. Like a nuclear submarine, Mars in Scorpio is hunting for any hidden fissures or cracks in our unconscious that may be causing us problems or short -sighted motivations. He will fight to fix it and Capricorn who as we discussed can climb to great heights, can survey the territory, use the information from Mars and work to create practical solutions. And of course Chiron in Pisces will help heal any wounds.
During the Capricorn lunar phase we may find our insecurities pop up. Maybe issues we thought we had outgrown are now in our crawl. Our insecurities are our lowest and highest part of Capricorn. The lowest because we feel like a loser (pick your area) but highest because from that insecurity we work harder to improve ourselves. Saturn, Capricorn’s ruling planet is not in aspect with the Sun and Moon so he does not play a prominent role in this 29-day cycle but we still are feeling his presence in general since Saturn moved into Capricorn for a two year journey and drum roll Cap is his home sign. Where you feel weak can be by the end of the transit where you feel real accomplishment and strength if you set your mind there and improve the situation. Saturn moved into Capricorn a couple weeks before this new moon, so don’t be surprised if the 29-day cycle brings to your attention to your ‘weakness’ so you can begin plotting concrete ways to improve it. And probably the most important note during the next two years is we will all be concerned about time. Things we used to have time for in our life will no longer feel worth it. Things that didn’t get our time and focus will now be paramount. Saturn is the planet of Father Time and we will be making adjustments in our life about who and what deserves time and who and what does not.
For 29 days we will be best served if no matter how high we set our bar for accomplishing certain tasks that we stop, breathe and remember our motivation. Why do we want to accomplish this and that? Is it speaking to a lack? Perhaps we need to clean up those areas that are ripe with insecurity and we will use the taskmaster of Capricorn to help fix the issues.
The Lunar Eclipse in Leo
This softer Capricorn energy that permeates the 29 day cycle will have a burst of heart felt healing energy in the middle of the cycle on January 31 when we have our blue moon (second full moon in one month) lunar eclipse at 11 degrees 37 of Leo. In August we had the solar total eclipse that crossed the United States. Seeds are planted on every Solar Eclipse and Ping-Pong with the lunar eclipse(s) six months later. We were asked back in August to find our real and authentic selves by grabbing our hearts and jumping into our lives with new vigor. Take a moment and ask how your ability to love has changed since August 21st? How have you become more open? How have you become more real? How have you become brave about matters of the heart? Is it subtle? Are you letting down your guard, even in little ways and feeling the energy shift in you? I was talking with a friend the other day and he told me how he was flying in a helicopter and he thought he was having a heart attack because his arm was numb. It wasn’t until later he realized he was not having a heart attack but instead was holding on to a strap so tight the circulation had left his arm. With the companion lunar eclipse six months after the solar eclipse in Leo we can take a moment and realize if our heart is running at full power or are we hanging on to a strap for fear. Are we numb? And more to the point are we tired of being numb? The south node in Aquarius could send some people off to ‘disconnect land’ where emotions are disregarded or shut down. Watch the emotions that come up on the full moon and consider taking the braver path. Let down your guard and be real and authentic and here is the gift of the Aquarius south node, once you connect with those strong authentic emotions you can share with others who are like- minded and build a new community. This is the gift of the Leo-Aquarius teeter- totter eclipse energy.
Jupiter Sextile Pluto
The day before the new moon, Jupiter in Scorpio sextiles Pluto in Capricorn. This is a terrific aspect and you can read more about it here-- https://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/2018/01/jupiter-sextile-pluto.html there will be three hits in total during 2018 and it is a welcomed jump start to our new calendar year. Jupiter sextile Pluto will provide an optimism and a happiness to do the work that our unconscious wants realized for this 29 cycle. You may even catch yourself smiling and you think, “Man, I think I might be happy.”
The Gang’s All Here
With a new moon chart that includes Mercury, Venus, Saturn and Pluto along with the Sun & Moon all in Capricorn we will be getting our Sea Goat on! We could feel energized about many projects as we overhaul some part of our self that needs work. Great. If you bump into people using the less elevated Capricorn energy which includes snobbery, insecurity, pretense, buy buy buying, low self esteem and pessimism –well, do yourself a favor and weigh in with your own take and then quickly move on. If they want to be misguided and negative that is their business. You stay close to your own processes and don’t let them spoil your accomplishments. At the end of the day their tone says more about them than you. But you already know that.
Big hugs, work hard and we’ll reconnect at Aquarius New Moon and the launch of year of the dog. Bow wow.
Have you friended TracyAstroSalon on FB? Why not?
The 8 phases
Capricorn New Moon
January 16, 2018
26 Capricorn 54
New moon: Plant seeds, make calls, activate, start projects. Activate something that will ideally lead you to more. This is the phase where INTENT is critical. Even if the results are not immediate, the intent is there. You may not have all the answers or road map but you should put out your Intent.
This focus: Are you feeling a bit optimistic about new paths you need to take to improve your life? Good, you are paying attention. How are you stopping down and asking your unconscious—Why am I doing this? Why am I pursuing that? What is really going on for me? What do I have time for and what do I not have time to do any longer? How can I get my focus to work for me and use my time management skills to their fullest? What no longer needs my time?
1/17: Venus enters Aquarius
1/18: Mars trine Chiron. Healing wounds on a deep level may not take as much work, if we are will to jump on it.
1/19: Sun enters Aquarius
Crescent Moon Phase
Jan 20, 2018
Crescent: We will receive information, we will research a bit more, perhaps get feedback on stuff that we planted on new. Perhaps get some information that will help down the road on a seed we planted a while ago. We can collect some data now. Even if you think you are not getting information, stop, and re-look at everything. Who called you? Even the silliest things, when they come up during Crescent are note worthy. A parking ticket? An argument with a spouse? A refund check from the phone company? All of it needs to be considered a message from the universe. How can this information help you?
Focus on: What are you learning about spirituality & faith? What are you learning about humanity? What are you learning about your tenderness? And mysticism? And how are you learning something important about victims? How does all this play as you fine tune your place in the world?
1/24: Mercury conjunct Pluto: Our thinking can change our place in the world.
First Quarter Moon
January 24, 2018
First quarter: We do more actions based on the information that we just received. Or we feel our instincts guide us on something. We pursue again. We make another call or we see someone. We mail something. We stir the pot again. This can be a time when we realize that the goals we planted on New need more action from us, perhaps actions that involve breaking away. Are there people who say they have our best interest in heart but fear us growing away from them? Maybe we need to get help from others not the usual suspects. Some independence may need to be exerted.
Focus on: What actions are you taking that support your foundations? What actions are you taking that support your finances and your properties? What actions are you taking that are rooted in practicality? What actions are you taking that are the stepping stones to something bigger?
1/26: Mars enters Sagittarius. Fiery actions that can be both fun and a bit reckless. Be inspired but don’t cause brush fires.
1/27: Mercury squares Uranus. Thinking that no longer works will get push back. Morph the thoughts even if it is hard especially against bullies.
We refine our information. We pick and choose, we discriminate, and we organize to be ‘Virgo’ like. We sort through details. Have we missed something? How are we sifting through the information? Go back and make sure something hasn’t been neglected. Refine our actions.
How are you refining your communication? How are you refining your wit? How are you refining your ability to be adaptable? How are you refining your relationships with your siblings and or neighbors?
Full Moon Phase
11 Leo 37
Full Moon: We make the needed adjustments on the things we planted. Usually emotions are up and running and for those people who perhaps did not utilize the new moon and the rest of the waxing moon, this is when emotions can get the better of us. There can often be a big emotional break, for no other reason than to get back on track. Some partnership will offer up some balance. The moon is bright and full and there is no room for shadows, what is reflecting on you?
Focus on: Full Moon in Leo. Lunar eclipse. It is time to revisit the heart and being brave. What have you learned about your ability to love since last August 21st? Where do you need to be bold and brave? Where do you need to rise up to your heart level?
Go to blog for full moon report.
1/31: Mercury enters Aquarius
2/3 Sun oppose true North node: Authentic truth shared with others builds a new community in the heart.
2/4 Venus Square Jupiter: Power of opinions is at war with love of friends.
Feb 4 2018
Disseminating: Share information; find a teacher or someone who has more knowledge. Perhaps there was a big ol’ blow out on the full and one feels in need of support and help, this is the phase to reach out to one who knows more. This is when we find a rabbi or a minister or therapist who gives us more insight. And of course, you too may be ready to teach and share your own information.
Focus on: How are you sharing your partner? How are you sharing your skills in relationships? How are you releasing those beliefs that do not work for relationships? What are you sharing with your partner?
Last Quarter Moon Phase
Feb 7, 2018
Last Quarter moon: Now we do the final adjustments to the seeds we planted on new. The final call, the final letters to send, we follow all the trails that came up that still make sense. And we let the other parts lay fallow. It is a time of action but wise action. It is a time for living “The serenity prayer”
grant me the Serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change Courage to change the
things I can, and the
Wisdom to know the difference.
What actions are you taking that speak to your black and white nature? What actions are you taking that propel you into death and new rebirth? What actions are you taking that help you shed?
2/10: Sun square Jupiter. Overly logical is in conflict with the power of regeneration. Release versus stubborn.
Balsamic Moon Phase
February 12 2018
Balsamic: We let go. By releasing we can prepare for the new.
Focus on How are we releasing our beliefs that keep us wound up tight. We release our big opinions that no longer serve. We release our philosophical nature that keeps us so big we miss details. We release our need to teach everyone.
2/13: Mercury square Jupiter. Opinions and communication is cold and rough. Tough words that cover for unwillingness to transform do no one good.
February 15, 2018 4:05pm EST
Astro Answers by Tracy
- 09-27-2007 Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- 08-30-2007 Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- 08-02-2007 Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- 07-21-2007 AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- 07-20-2007 Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- 06-10-2007 Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- 05-20-2007 Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- 05-01-2007 Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
New Moon Articles by Tracy
- 2014: Sag New Moon --Change that perspective-NOW!
- 2nd Aquarius New Moon: 2015
- And now it is the Second Cancer New Moon!
- Aqaurius New Moon 2011--The New Quilting BEE!
- Aquarius New Moon 2010! It is a strange trip
- Aquarius New Moon 2012!
- Aquarius New Moon 2014 - You LikeMind me.
- Aquarius New Moon 2015 - The Zero One
- Aquarius New Moon 2016: Get Your Tribe On
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of the chaos we find our Peeps.
- Aquarius New Moon 2017: Out of The Chaos We Find our Peeps!!
- Aquarius New Moon--Unique Solutions if you are willing
- Aries New Moon - It will be a great Treasure Map time!
- Aries New Moon 2009---IT’S A BIG ONE!
- Aries New Moon 2010--Let's get this party started!
- Aries New Moon 2012: You rule!
- Aries New Moon 2014 Get out of the way! Your Life is Coming
- Aries New Moon 2016: Light this rocket!
- Aries New Moon 2017
- Aries New Moon! (2008) by Tracy Cook
- Aries New Moon, 2011- Yes it is a big one!
- Astro Coming Attraction by Tracy Cook
- Astro Thumbs Up: Void of Course Moons by Tracy Cook
- AstroThumbs Up: Guadalupe Virgin of The Americas by Tracy Cook
- Can anyone explain Mercury Retrograde to me? by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon & The Grand Cross
- Cancer New Moon --The Great Healing by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon 2010---Your feelings have answers
- Cancer New Moon 2012 - "It's the flow, Baby!"
- Cancer New Moon 2014: REFRESH!
- Cancer New Moon 2016: Let It Flow
- Cancer New Moon 2017: Are your emotions flowing? Good.
- Cancer New Moon--The first of two (2009)
- Cancer New Moon-Ready, Set, Emote! July, 14th 2007 by Tracy Cook
- Cancer New Moon: 2013
- Cancer New Moon: Don't make me go find your roots...you do it!
- Capricorn 2010 NEW MOON--Taking Care of Business!
- Capricorn 2011-Aim your ambition-NOW
- Capricorn New Moon - Get Serious!
- Capricorn New Moon 2011 -Be the authority and move up!
- Capricorn New Moon 2013: Pragmatic and no excuses
- Capricorn New Moon 2014
- Capricorn NEW MOON 2016 ...Get Real!
- Capricorn New Moon 2018
- Capricorn New Moon: Slow and sensible is a-okay.
- Clean your Slate Capricorn New Moon! by Tracy Cook
- Dreaming on Pisces New Moon by Tracy Cook
- GEMINI NEW MOON 2011 –“Can someone turn on the air, please?”
- Gemini New Moon (2012)- Second time's the charm
- Gemini New Moon 2009---The Fast and Furious Talker
- Gemini New Moon 2010: A Tornado among us!
- Gemini New Moon 2013
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon 2014: The power of light feet
- Gemini New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Gemini New Moon-- Reach out! Mix it Up!
- Gemini New Moon--the first round- 2012
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon. Mental Exercises 2015
- Gemini New Moon: Question and Shift
- Gemini- New Moon 2008-- Ready to Connect! by Tracy Cook
- Get out of the way---LEO NEW MOON is HERE!
- Get your Viking on--Aries New Moon 2013
- It is all a balancing act, Baby! Libra new moon 2008
- LEO 2008 New Moon--Sunny side of the street by Tracy Cook
- Leo New Moon - Round two & Solar Eclipse 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - The First One! 2017
- Leo New Moon - To be bold or not to be bold? That is the question
- Leo New Moon 2011--Your passion tells you so
- Leo New Moon 2012--The Heart Wants To Thrive
- Leo New Moon 2013: Be Big. Be Very Big
- Leo New Moon 2015: Learn from the Lion!
- LEO NEW MOON 2016: Dare to find Joy & Strength
- Leo's in the House..Roar! Sort of.. by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon (2007) by Tracy Cook
- Libra New Moon -How do you relate? Does it serve you?
- Libra New Moon 2009--The business of relating
- Libra New Moon 2012-
- Libra New Moon 2013 -- Balance That!
- Libra New Moon 2014: Let's really get our Libra on this time
- Libra New Moon 2015: Get your relationships straightened out
- Libra New Moon 2016: The Power of Negotiation
- Libra New Moon 2017: Not as light as you think
- New Moon in Aquarius 2013 Pull out your lightening rod-hits are coming
- New Moon in Virgo--Now you can fix your life
- New Moon Leo 2010--Wish upon a star--"Hey, that's me!"
- Pisces New Moon 2010--The LEAP of FAITH
- Pisces New Moon 2012: What is Dissolving?
- Pisces New Moon 2013 -Get in the flow
- Pisces New Moon 2014: Go for the Flow
- Pisces New Moon 2015
- Pisces New Moon 2016: Karma and Elevation
- Pisces New Moon 2017 -- The Big Release and Melt
- Pisces New Moon---Mystics Apply
- Pisces New Moon--Dive or wash up on shore, it is your choice!
- RESPOND TO RESPONSIBILTY-CAPRICORN NEW MOON 2008
- Sag New Moon 2010-- Ready, Aim---Change!
- Sag New Moon 2012 - A time to get real
- Sag New Moon---All Vision without the Hype!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2009--Ready, Aim, Adjust...Fire, Adjust, Aim, Ready..
- Sagittarius New Moon 2013 - Forward Ho!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2015: The Adventure!
- Sagittarius New Moon 2016: Get Wise Get Inspired
- Sagittarius New Moon 2017 - On Top of The Galactic Center
- Sagittarius New Moon--Mother Knows Best
- Saturn in Virgo---Times up! by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon (2017) : Act Like a Plumber!!
- Scorpio New MOON 2009-Resources and Community--Where do I fit?
- Scorpio New Moon 2010-Jump in the water!
- Scorpio New moon 2012: Suit up and Commit
- Scorpio New Moon 2015
- Scorpio New Moon 2016: Release the death grip
- Scorpio NEW MOON by Tracy Cook
- Scorpio New Moon Solar Eclipse SHED! SHED!SHED!
- Scorpio New Moon(2011)--DNA, Survival and ditching Garbage
- Scorpio New Moon: Get Your Plumbers Butt On!
- scorpio New Moon: Get your Plumbers Butt on!
- Scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2014
- scorpio New Moon: Solar Eclipse 2015
- SURE RELATIONSHIPS BITE--BUT WE'RE ALL HUNGRY. Libra New Moon 2010
- Taurus New Moon 2010-----And so we begin.......
- Taurus New Moon 2011--Build upon it!
- TAURUS NEW MOON 2012 --What do you value?
- Taurus New Moon 2017: Practicality for a Personal Revolution
- Taurus New Moon Eclipse: Yes you can make the changes!
- Taurus New Moon. Getting Practical ..Seriously, for real
- Taurus New Moon: Take the short route between A&B
- Taurus to the RESCUE!
- TaurusNewMoon 2014--Building Good bit by bit
- The Sea has changed---SCORPIO NEW MOON 2008
- There she blows!!! SAG NEW MOON is HERE! by Tracy Cook
- Tick Tock Virgo New Moon Strikes the Clock....2008
- Treasure Mapping by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon - Your daily life is YOU. How is it going?
- VIRGO NEW MOON --GET YOUR MICRO ON!
- Virgo New Moon 2011- Help & Work serve you!
- Virgo New Moon 2012: Sweating the Small Stuff
- Virgo New Moon 2013: A Big Opportunity
- Virgo New Moon 2016 - What's that stuff in your schedule?
- Virgo New Moon 2017: Skills Needed! Please Apply
- Virgo New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Virgo New Moon--Details Rule
- Watch out! Here comes Saturn - By Tracy Cook
- What To Do This Taurus New Moon by Tracy Cook
- Who am I? My Sun or My Moon? by Tracy Cook
- Who is in the Hot Seat by Tracy Cook
- You had me at Hello, Aquarius New Moon by Tracy Cook